celinesounds Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:38 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:38 PM (edited) Great choice it has the feeling of a Celine's song great ballad we need a music video Edited February 16, 2017 at 12:40 PM by celinesounds 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Javito Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM It's one of the best French ballads she has recorded since 2003. I can't wait for a lyric video (if anything ) and a live performance next summer of this beautiful song 4 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
flutefreak Posted February 16, 2017 at 02:28 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 02:28 PM This must be performed live this summer. 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:32 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 05:32 PM Great choice it has the feeling of a Celine's song great ballad we need a music video Not available in the U.S., ad naseum. Ugh. 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:03 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 07:03 PM (edited) I echo the hopes of this performed on tour this summer! It is amazing and it needs its chance to shine!!! Edited February 16, 2017 at 07:03 PM by CelineDionFreak 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Lolo88 Posted February 16, 2017 at 08:14 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 08:14 PM Something is telling me we'll hear "Je nous veux" live this summer... 😍😏 2 Quote
mirage Posted February 16, 2017 at 08:50 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 08:50 PM Just because it's a single, doesn't mean she will sing it... Still waiting for Contre Nature live 5 Quote
LukeD Posted February 16, 2017 at 11:45 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 11:45 PM (edited) JNV is a single in Quebec and she will visit France, so there is a chance she will skip the song. IMO, Encore Un Soir, L'etoile and Si C'etait A Refaire are the given songs so far. Edited February 16, 2017 at 11:46 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
Jascka01 Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 12:00 PM This must be performed live this summer. Hehe, this must include a music video. We'll see. 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:16 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 03:16 PM JNV is a single in Quebec and she will visit France, so there is a chance she will skip the song. IMO, Encore Un Soir, L'etoile and Si C'etait A Refaire are the given songs so far. And hopefully Les Yeux Au Ciel, it's such a perfect song for the stage! 3 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
LukeD Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:46 PM Posted February 17, 2017 at 11:46 PM And hopefully Les Yeux Au Ciel, it's such a perfect song for the stage!For some reason I think it could pair well with Ten Days live. Both songs give me a similar vibe music-wise. 2 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM Posted February 18, 2017 at 12:15 AM For some reason I think it could pair well with Ten Days live. Both songs give me a similar vibe music-wise. Ten Days is amazing, a waste never been released as a single, is rock and funky style, like a pub song Les yeux au ciel, very intelligent lyrics, modern feeling, funky mood, could work well as a medley together Ten Days looking at the sky 3 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Critiaslux Posted February 18, 2017 at 07:50 AM Posted February 18, 2017 at 07:50 AM JNV is a single in Quebec and she will visit France, so there is a chance she will skip the song. IMO, Encore Un Soir, L'etoile and Si C'etait A Refaire are the given songs so far. Not even certain: Zora sourit and En attendant ses pas were released as singles but still they were not included in the Stade de France concerts 2 Quote
Leo Posted February 18, 2017 at 05:25 PM Posted February 18, 2017 at 05:25 PM (edited) It's not a good choice in my opinion. I'm still wondering why they decided to hire Zaho to bring a more current sound and neither of her songs became singles. The average Celine album buyer of 40 years old will care about a song like "Tu sauras"? No. So, that song should have been a single to attract a younger audience. Those 40 year-old fans already have the album and bought them thanks to "Encore un soir". I think Celine's team should check how many views the songs from the album have in streaming sites. "Je nous veux" is not at the top. Let's hope for a lyric video at least. Edited February 18, 2017 at 05:26 PM by Leo 2 Quote
LukeD Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:37 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:37 PM Not even certain: Zora sourit and En attendant ses pas were released as singles but still they were not included in the Stade de France concerts I will never understand why she did not perform Zora Sourit back then. Maybe it was due to the fact that Celine had a variety of strong singles to pick from? If so, nowadays things are different so I hope she does include every song that was given a single release. They are all good songs that deserve to be performed. People will love them! 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:49 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:49 PM I will never understand why she did not perform Zora Sourit back then. Maybe it was due to the fact that Celine had a variety of strong singles to pick from? If so, nowadays things are different so I hope she does include every song that was given a single release. They are all good songs that deserve to be performed. People will love them! As far as I can remember, Zora Sourit was performed during the first leg of Let's Talk About Love Tour in Canada. It was removed after. I remember seeing a clip. I don't know why they removed it, but maybe it didn't sound good on stage. 3 Quote
LukeD Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:53 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:53 PM As far as I can remember, Zora Sourit was performed during the first leg of Let's Talk About Love Tour in Canada. It was removed after. I remember seeing a clip. I don't know why they removed it, but maybe it didn't sound good on stage.I remember this too. Maybe people did not react well to it? We can only speculate really! I hope she takes the song to stage again at some point. 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:57 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 05:57 PM I remember this too. Maybe people did not react well to it? We can only speculate really! I hope she takes the song to stage again at some point. I agree. I love this song. But I remember that the live version from that snippet I saw didn't impress me either. They should work on the arrangements. It could sound great with the choir. 1 Quote
Leo Posted February 27, 2017 at 02:49 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 02:49 PM As far as I can remember, Zora Sourit was performed during the first leg of Let's Talk About Love Tour in Canada. It was removed after. I remember seeing a clip. I don't know why they removed it, but maybe it didn't sound good on stage. I agree. Celine sang it in a lower key and it didn't sound so well (the same happened with TTWII). Besides, it wasn't a hit at all and didn't drive the sales of SSDA. The album sold so well at the beginning thanks to the anticipation after the success of "D'eux". It isn't streamed much nowadays which proves it isn't a classic of her French discography. Regardless how well or not it performed, it's a great song. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:29 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:29 PM (edited) I agree. Celine sang it in a lower key and it didn't sound so well (the same happened with TTWII). Besides, it wasn't a hit at all and didn't drive the sales of SSDA. The album sold so well at the beginning thanks to the anticipation after the success of "D'eux". It isn't streamed much nowadays which proves it isn't a classic of her French discography. Regardless how well or not it performed, it's a great song.Assuming the information on Wikipedia is correct, I think Zora Sourit was a hit. The album was released on September 7th 1998 and Zora Sourit a week later, on September 14th. This probably explains why the single did not chart higher as people obviously turned into the album during its very first weeks of release. As you said it was a highly anticipated record. I also believe the chart performance of the single was affected by the fact that IYA was released as a single in France only 2 months later, then TAST (album) and then SSDA (single). Given the circumstances and the Celine overload of the year, I think the Silver certification (125k) it achieved is remarkable. Too bad Celine did not include the song in her upcoming tours. This definitely added to it being a forgotten song. Edited February 27, 2017 at 10:30 PM by LukeD Quote
celine4evauk Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:48 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 10:48 PM Zora Sourit is one of my favourites off the album. It's never left my ipod, unlike others that come and go. 1 Quote
Javito Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:03 PM Zora Sourit is one of my favourites off the album. It's never left my ipod, unlike others that come and go. It became clear you're a listener of songs in random mode, not following its original tracklist within an album LOL It's interesting how different we conceive listening experiences among fans. I for one barely listen to her songs randomly (I have for that purpose her "greatest hits" albums) and I usually pick her albums and play them from the start. At most I play the album in random mode, but usually in its entirety then Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
celine4evauk Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:26 PM It became clear you're a listener of songs in random mode, not following its original tracklist within an album LOL It's interesting how different we conceive listening experiences among fans. I for one barely listen to her songs randomly (I have for that purpose her "greatest hits" albums) and I usually pick her albums and play them from the start. At most I play the album in random mode, but usually in its entirety then Lol yep you know me 😊 Quote
Daysleeper Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:35 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:35 PM Assuming the information on Wikipedia is correct, I think Zora Sourit was a hit. The album was released on September 7th 1998 and Zora Sourit a week later, on September 14th. This probably explains why the single did not chart higher as people obviously turned into the album during its very first weeks of release. As you said it was a highly anticipated record. I also believe the chart performance of the single was affected by the fact that IYA was released as a single in France only 2 months later, then TAST (album) and then SSDA (single). Given the circumstances and the Celine overload of the year, I think the Silver certification (125k) it achieved is remarkable. Too bad Celine did not include the song in her upcoming tours. This definitely added to it being a forgotten song.Back in 1998 I was corresponding with several fans from France and I remember the single Zora Sourit was released (at least on the radio) before the album came out. 2 Quote
LukeD Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:58 PM Posted February 27, 2017 at 11:58 PM Back in 1998 I was corresponding with several fans from France and I remember the single Zora Sourit was released (at least on the radio) before the album came out.Yes! I remember reading this. Here is the thing... Just about 10 years ago I used to be OBSESSED with her sales & charts facts. I would read pages and pages of information. I have given up on this and right now all that is left is vague memories of information, pretty much an impression of things. What I remember about Zora Sourit is this: It was sent to radios before the album release and the radios heavily played the song. It also received rave reviews. Then the album came out, shot to #1 of French charts, and then the physical release of the single followed. Just do not ask me to back anything up at this point. It is history to me! 2 Quote
celinesounds Posted February 28, 2017 at 01:42 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 01:42 AM Back in 1998 I was corresponding with several fans from France and I remember the single Zora Sourit was released (at least on the radio) before the album came out. even played at Portugal radio stations my mother went earlier to my room, to woke me up, saying that a Celine's new french song started played on the radio, 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
mirage Posted February 28, 2017 at 07:06 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 07:06 AM If I remember correctly they also played the song on Dutch radio. 2 Quote
Ronny83 Posted February 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 10:01 AM [Charts] @celinedion's new single 'Je nous veux' has just entered Mediabase's AC airplay chart Top 50 in Canada! 🎉 @SonyMusicQc— Celine Dion Italia (@cditalia) February 27, 2017 5 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
ruimarques Posted February 28, 2017 at 10:20 AM Posted February 28, 2017 at 10:20 AM I like JNV but it's definitely not my favorite from EUS. Its a song like CN ... will not make any harm but any sucess .. the only difference is that CN had quite interesting music Video 3 Quote
scielle Posted March 4, 2017 at 01:17 AM Posted March 4, 2017 at 01:17 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.