Frozen_Phoenix Posted August 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM Posted August 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM (edited) What do you think about the song? I really like it. To me it's one of the most classic Celine tunes on this record.Reminds me very much of older material...I love her voice in it. It's a fantastic and very strong ballad. What do you think? Edited February 15, 2017 at 05:02 PM by Ronny83 3 Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
Pangloss76 Posted August 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM Posted August 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM I'm sooooo relieved you started this thread because it's actually my favourite ballad off the album. So intense, personal yet radio friendly (for the french market). the beginning reminds me A LOT of Prayer on ANDHC! 2 Quote
Javito Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:05 PM Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:05 PM (edited) I love this ballad. Kudos for Marc Dupré and the woman who wrote the melody too. I only think that when she sings "Je nous veux véritables" in the second and essentially in the third chorus, she should have sang it in the same way as "tous hereux" and "près des yeux". Just to enforce the flow of the song and the powerful and intense chorus. Somehow to me, to repeat again "véritables" in the low way and not higher sounds "wrong", as if the song deflates. Am I the only one who observs this? Edited August 31, 2016 at 12:11 PM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Moleque20 Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM Nice melody. The lyrics make me sick. Another family-themed song. It could be a perfect song for a TV commercial about a family that is gathered around the table and has a breakfast. 4 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Javito Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:16 PM Posted August 31, 2016 at 12:16 PM The best is that this song sounds as if it could have been recorded back in 2002. Her voice is on top of the game here 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
anewdayhascome Posted August 31, 2016 at 02:44 PM Posted August 31, 2016 at 02:44 PM (edited) A very good ballad. Love especially this part : Moi je descends de l'hiver Et des filles du roi Edited August 31, 2016 at 02:46 PM by anewdayhascome 2 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Unisono Posted August 31, 2016 at 10:39 PM Posted August 31, 2016 at 10:39 PM A very good ballad. Love especially this part : Moi je descends de l'hiver Et des filles du roi Love that part too... the bridge should be longer. 2 Quote
Bell Posted September 1, 2016 at 08:38 AM Posted September 1, 2016 at 08:38 AM My favourite song on the album. 2 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Pangloss76 Posted September 1, 2016 at 09:07 AM Posted September 1, 2016 at 09:07 AM A very good ballad. Love especially this part : Moi je descends de l'hiver Et des filles du roi yeah that part is grand!! Quote
Pangloss76 Posted September 1, 2016 at 09:10 AM Posted September 1, 2016 at 09:10 AM (edited) Nice melody. The lyrics make me sick. Another family-themed song. It could be a perfect song for a TV commercial about a family that is gathered around the table and has a breakfast.Agree with you on that but it doesn't make me cringe as much as "oh mon enfant" in "les yeux au ciel"... Mama Dion strikes again 😬 Edited September 1, 2016 at 09:10 AM by Pangloss76 Quote
ajguerras Posted September 6, 2016 at 02:56 AM Posted September 6, 2016 at 02:56 AM This song represents the old Celine, brings nothing new to her career... Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
ryba Posted September 6, 2016 at 03:55 PM Posted September 6, 2016 at 03:55 PM Love the song! 1 Quote
justinecoria Posted September 6, 2016 at 05:53 PM Posted September 6, 2016 at 05:53 PM (edited) The lyrics are super cheesy, the song sounds a lot like 'Rien n'est vraiment fini'.Still it's one of the songs I listen the most to on the album. I really like those type of melodies. Edited September 6, 2016 at 06:07 PM by justinecoria 1 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted September 6, 2016 at 07:25 PM Posted September 6, 2016 at 07:25 PM My favorite balad on the album. And it's lucky #5 on the album... Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Alice Posted September 7, 2016 at 01:33 PM Posted September 7, 2016 at 01:33 PM A very good ballad. Love especially this part : Moi je descends de l'hiver Et des filles du roi YES! Me too I love this classic ballad. It's very powerful, yet melancholic. Quote
Frozen_Phoenix Posted September 7, 2016 at 02:48 PM Author Posted September 7, 2016 at 02:48 PM This song represents the old Celine, brings nothing new to her career... So what? I mean there are many songs on the album that bring enough "new to her career". 1 Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
Modesta Posted September 14, 2016 at 09:46 AM Posted September 14, 2016 at 09:46 AM Love this song! I love the lyrics, the melody and especially her VOICE! This is the way she should sing everything I don't know how to describe it, but in this song her voice is so.. full. You know? Natural, not forced. I felt the same vibe from Recovering, even though otherwise the song was just ok to me (sorry). 1 Quote
flutefreak Posted September 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM Posted September 14, 2016 at 10:54 AM (edited) This is perhaps for me the biggest grower on the album, I listened to it all day yesterday! She sounds so good. Edited September 14, 2016 at 10:55 AM by flutefreak Quote
Alice Posted September 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM Posted September 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM Love this song! I love the lyrics, the melody and especially her VOICE! This is the way she should sing everything I don't know how to describe it, but in this song her voice is so.. full. You know? Natural, not forced. I felt the same vibe from Recovering, even though otherwise the song was just ok to me (sorry). I agree. I think it's because in these songs she uses her "natural" voice. I mean that this key and this way of singing comes to her most easily nowadays, no forcing, no strain. She sounds perfect 2 Quote
ryba Posted September 14, 2016 at 12:24 PM Posted September 14, 2016 at 12:24 PM Love this song! I love the lyrics, the melody and especially her VOICE! This is the way she should sing everything I don't know how to describe it, but in this song her voice is so.. full. You know? Natural, not forced. I felt the same vibe from Recovering, even though otherwise the song was just ok to me (sorry).I agree, I know what you mean. Sometimes I listen to her Songs and it feels like she was forced to sing them lol. No personal emotion, just pure control of the notes and tunes. But in these two Songs that's definitely not the case. 2 Quote
DestinMg5 Posted September 14, 2016 at 01:28 PM Posted September 14, 2016 at 01:28 PM Yes I really love this song and agree her voice sounds more natural and sounds just perfect!! 1 Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
Boy Posted September 15, 2016 at 12:33 AM Posted September 15, 2016 at 12:33 AM (edited) Yesterday I finally found what is my favorite slow tempo song on EUS - Je nous veux Actually it reminds me a lot of 'Rien n'est vraiment fini' from '1 fille et 4 types' and somewhat of 'On s'est aime a cause' from 'D'elles', but more of RNVF Edited September 15, 2016 at 12:33 AM by Boy 1 Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
CelineDionFreak Posted September 15, 2016 at 02:31 AM Posted September 15, 2016 at 02:31 AM This is one of my absolute favorite songs off the album. It's really amazing. I played it on my way home from work today, and sang along with it. Really relaxing and amazing. I do love the way she sings the chorus, can tell it's from the heart. Marc Dupré did wonders! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Pangloss76 Posted September 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM Posted September 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM (edited) My best friend listened to it today for the first time and thought it's the best song off the album. She usually doesn't really care about her french material because she loves the big orchestral ballads she often delivers in english. Lol! So she enjoyed the power guitar and the vocal runs at the end pretty much 😇 Edited September 15, 2016 at 10:19 AM by Pangloss76 Quote
Ronny83 Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:01 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:01 PM WOW! @celinedion's new single 'Je Nous Veux' already added by 7 AC radio stations in Quebec with 19 total spins. cc: @SonyMusicQc— Celine Dion Italia (@cditalia) February 15, 2017 3 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
LukeD Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:17 PM Posted February 15, 2017 at 05:17 PM (edited) I consider JNV to be a good single choice for Quebec. I think it has potential to be a hit there. Ever since I listened to the album I thought L'etoile, Ma Faille, Je Nous Veux, Si C'etait A Refaire and Tu Sauras could be proper singles, so I am very satisfied with the choices so far. Hopefully, either Tu Sauras or Ma Faille will serve as the final single of the album! There is time for this during late Spring, shortly before Celine visits France. Edited February 15, 2017 at 05:18 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
Ronny83 Posted February 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM Posted February 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM The song is doing very well on Quebec AC radio stations. I expect it to debut on the Canada AC National Airplay chart in the next few weeks. 1 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
manu23 Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:03 PM My second favorite song in the album, perfect choice! Quote
Bell Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:11 PM So glad that the song is a single. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
maria_k Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:24 PM Posted February 16, 2017 at 12:24 PM This is the song on EUS that grew on me the most, though I like it from the beginning, in particular I love the way she sings veritaaaable in the chorus and that guitar accompaniment in the second verse <3 hope to hear it live this summer Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.