CelineDionFreak Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:44 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:44 PM Her live version of "One and only" she hits many D5s!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5z7XZPXys Still, Cher can go higher and lower... at her 67 years of age. But Adele has a beautiful and powerful head voice, very versatile. I do think it is versatile! Although I like Celine and Adele for different reasons. Adele for low notes and a different register, and Celine for that head voice that sounds amazing! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Here in Argentina both versions are very popular. When you listen to radios that play music from the 80s you'll hear Jennifer's version as a huge classic... but Céline's cover is widely recognized and also played by AC radios... The older generation (now in their 50s and 60s) probably know better Jennifer's version.Céline's version is more well known among the people in their 30s and 40s! My mom is in her 50's...she was 36 when Celine came out with The Power of Love and she has no idea who Jennifer Rush even is lol 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
DionFanAlways Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM My mom is in her 50's...she was 36 when Celine came out with The Power of Love and she has no idea who Jennifer Rush even is lolI didn't know either until much later. I just always thought it was Celine's 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM Posted April 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM since i've never liked that song, it would be one time too many (for me) i would be flabergasted to see Adele doing that song. Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:05 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:05 AM since i've never liked that song, it would be one time too many (for me) i would be flabergasted to see Adele doing that song.Oh yeah I forgot your love for that song! That will be their duet, just for you n stereo! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:30 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:30 AM Yup, I think all of us in the US knew nothing about Jennifer Rush's version. (I certainly didn't until I became a Celine fanatic and had to know everything about all of her songs!) In this US, I think it's basically considered a Celine song. 5 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 04:59 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 04:59 AM since i've never liked that song, it would be one time too many (for me) i would be flabergasted to see Adele doing that song. omg...how could you not like it?! "The Power Of Love" has ALWAYS been the song that I would test out new speakers with lol. Crank the sh*t up and let those vocals soar!!! Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
québecflower Posted April 5, 2014 at 05:19 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 05:19 AM omg...how could you not like it?! "The Power Of Love" has ALWAYS been the song that I would test out new speakers with lol. Crank the sh*t up and let those vocals soar!!!i don't know, my love for Celine began with d'Eux...and in english with It's all coming back to me now and To love you more. To love you more was a big thing in Quebec Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 05:36 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 05:36 AM i don't know, my love for Celine began with d'Eux...and in english with It's all coming back to me now and To love you more. To love you more was a big thing in Quebec It's so much fun to go all the way back to the beginning of a singer's discography to before you were a fan and listen to everything. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
mike_z Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:52 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:52 AM BTW Cher can still hit those D5 live... amazed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hglQMkrVtM 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:19 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:19 AM BTW Cher can still hit those D5 live... amazed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hglQMkrVtM omg...I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER IN MAY!!!!! Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
browseceline Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:29 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:29 AM I just don't really like her voice in general. I listrned to this version this week. I do not get why so many people prefer this version. I do not like her voice, her timing and the backingtrack is boring. For me this will always be a Celine song. For me this is Celine her song! 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:42 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:42 AM I listrned to this version this week. I do not get why so many people prefer this version. I do not like her voice, her timing and the backingtrack is boring. For me this will always be a Celine song. For me this is Celine her song! It just doesn't go anywhere. It stays at the same level of intensity throughout the entire song. There's no color to it at all. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Frozen_Phoenix Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:55 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:55 AM BTW Cher can still hit those D5 live... amazed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hglQMkrVtM She is my icon, I adore her. She looks and sounds fantastic, is humorous and nod afraid to make critical statements. To me she'll always beat Celine. She just seems more genuine. Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:58 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:58 AM She is my icon, I adore her. She looks and sounds fantastic, is humorous and nod afraid to make critical statements. To me she'll always beat Celine. She just seems more genuine. I think they're both genuine. They just have very different attitudes. Celine is more wholesome than Cher is. Cher is a tough girl, she's a little rough around the edges. You can't really compare the two of them. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
comingback Posted April 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM Posted April 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAkJuKUdwJc I don't like the song, but this live version is great. 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:13 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 01:13 PM omg...I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER IN MAY!!!!!She was FANTASTIC in Houston!!! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
québecflower Posted April 5, 2014 at 03:20 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 03:20 PM It's so much fun to go all the way back to the beginning of a singer's discography to before you were a fan and listen to everything.i'm far to be the ultimate specialist on Celine, i learn a lot on the forum Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
GoldenLeaf Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:09 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:09 PM BTW Cher can still hit those D5 live... amazed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hglQMkrVtMeww... She looks and sounds like a drag queen. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:27 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 06:27 PM She was FANTASTIC in Houston!!!I can only imagine. How was Pat Benatar?? I'll be seeing Cher with Cyndi Lauper. I thought they were both opening for the entire tour. I love Cyndi, but I saw her last time I saw Cher, so I was hoping to get Pat Benatar too. i'm far to be the ultimate specialist on Celine, i learn a lot on the forum She's had an amazing career. If you haven't taken the time yet to really read up on her, you'll learn quite a few interesting things. I love "My Story, My Dream" but I definitely think that "For Keeps" is definitely much more personal and deep. eww... She looks and sounds like a drag queen. I see that you're a fan 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
DionFanAlways Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:00 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:00 PM I can only imagine. How was Pat Benatar?? I'll be seeing Cher with Cyndi Lauper. I thought they were both opening for the entire tour. I love Cyndi, but I saw her last time I saw Cher, so I was hoping to get Pat Benatar too.Omg! Pat Benatar was wonderful and her hubby also I wonder why they don't tour? Yeah I'm glad I saw Pat instead of Cyndi.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zROtiBaxEY4&feature=player_detailpage Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
NicoNV Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:43 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:43 PM I can only imagine. How was Pat Benatar?? I'll be seeing Cher with Cyndi Lauper. I thought they were both opening for the entire tour. I love Cyndi, but I saw her last time I saw Cher, so I was hoping to get Pat Benatar too. She's had an amazing career. If you haven't taken the time yet to really read up on her, you'll learn quite a few interesting things. I love "My Story, My Dream" but I definitely think that "For Keeps" is definitely much more personal and deep. I see that you're a fan I hope to see Cher's concert when she stops in Vegas! The last time (well, the only time) I went to a Cher concert Cyndi Lauper opened for her and it was great. I didn't know Cyndi was opening this time too! 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:46 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 07:46 PM Omg! Pat Benatar was wonderful and her hubby also I wonder why they don't tour? Yeah I'm glad I saw Pat instead of Cyndi.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zROtiBaxEY4&feature=player_detailpageDon't get me wrong, I loooove Cyndi...I just haven't seen Pat live yet. I hope to see Cher's concert when she stops in Vegas! The last time (well, the only time) I went to a Cher concert Cyndi Lauper opened for her and it was great. I didn't know Cyndi was opening this time too! Depends on when you're going to see her. Pat Benatar is there until May, I believe...then Cyndi Lauper takes over. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
flutefreak Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:18 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:18 PM (edited) I see cher and cyndi june 9, can't wait! Edited April 5, 2014 at 08:19 PM by flutefreak 3 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:34 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:34 PM Well that may be the case in the US, but in the UK & Europe the original Jennifer Rush version is much more popular.Celine's version is more popular and more well-known in Canada, U.S., South America, France, Belgium, Asian countries, New Zealand and Australia... 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:44 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:44 PM Your Video not working , Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:46 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:46 PM Your Video not working , Which video? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
nuts2you Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:50 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:50 PM Pat Benatar / we believe Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:51 PM Posted April 5, 2014 at 08:51 PM Pat Benatar / we believe You have to actually watch it on the YouTube site. just click play on the video and it will give you a link to watch on youtube. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.