amelie Posted January 6, 2014 at 08:52 PM Posted January 6, 2014 at 08:52 PM u see? I don't think it's random... it's too obvious!! they're in the same key, and the verses sound alike, but they're not the same Quote
Boy Posted January 8, 2014 at 09:04 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 09:04 AM When you hear 'There is love, after love, after all', do you think of Cher's 'Believe' or it is just me? Yeah, I do I thought of it right when I heard the song first time And I do believe in life after love, btw 2 Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
Bell Posted January 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM Posted January 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM OK I couldn't resist doing this... it sounds kinda crappy but you get the idea: https://soundcloud.c...on-have-a-heartI definitely prefer 'Have A Heart' to 'Always Be Your Girl'. Nice idea, by the way. 2 Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
mike_z Posted January 9, 2014 at 09:18 PM Posted January 9, 2014 at 09:18 PM HAVE A HEART is a classic, one of those perfect Céline ballads! 5 Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted January 10, 2014 at 05:30 AM Posted January 10, 2014 at 05:30 AM HAVE A HEART is a classic, one of those perfect Céline ballads!YESSSS it is!! I looove HAH sooo much! 2 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 10, 2014 at 04:22 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 04:22 PM GUYS! I recently had the honor of interviewing Dana Parish, one of the writers of the songs Thankful and Always Be Your Girl, for my blog! You can read the spanish version of the interview here: http://celinedionspa...ana-parish.html Here's the English version of the interview: Hi Carlos, Thank you for your interest in my songs for Celine. I truly appreciate all of your generous support and that of Celine's fans from all over the world! 1. What was it like to work with Celine Dion in the studio? I was not in the studio with her as she cut our songs in Las Vegas withproducers (Babyface and Walter Afanasieff forABYG and Eman for Thankful) and I live in NYC. 2. Can you tell us a bit about the recording sessions for Thankful and Always Be Your Girl? please see above 3. The song Thankful takes Celine's album to a whole new dimension with that amazing gospel choir. How did the idea of adding such a choir come about? Right before the mix, Celine had the idea to add the gospel choir and Sony made it happen very quickly. I was impressed! The choir was recorded atlegendary Capitol Studios in LA. Andrew (myhusband and cowriter) and I were thrilled when we heard it. Took the song to a whole new level. 4. Thankful has become a favorite for Celine's fans and we'd like to know if she expressed her desire to sing this song live on stage at some point. Thank you. Yes, she did tell me she plans to put our songs in the show. 5. We know that Always Be Your Girl was the first original song that Celine recorded for her new album, but when did she record it? Two whole years ago! 6. What about Thankful? Could you tell us when did Celine bring this magical track to life in the recording studio? She recorded this later in the process but we knew she'd be recording it for over a year before it happened. We love what she did with oursongs, the sensitivity and artistry that she brought, and are thrilled to have received so many nice letters from her fans about them. 7. Were the recording sessions for these two songs filmed? I don't think so. 8. And finally, is there anything you'd like to tell us about your latest album 'Uncrushed'? Thank you for asking. I can tell you that myalbum "Uncrushed" is very close to my heart; it's an honest and authentic expression of who I am and those songs were borne from the same personal space I was in when writing for Celine. It's vital to me to tell the truth and be real as possible in order to connect with listeners and express things that I hope will resonate with them and make them feel understood. To me, this is the purpose for doing what I do, and it's an honor to share my music with you. 6 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
DionFanAlways Posted January 10, 2014 at 06:58 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 06:58 PM Wow! Thanks Carlos! Hey the choir was her idea, who would of thought!! 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
QueenCeline87 Posted January 10, 2014 at 07:40 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 07:40 PM Love that the choir was Celine's idea! I think she has more a hand in these things than we think!! Pity the sessions were not recorded though 4 Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
québecflower Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:10 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:10 PM Wow! Thanks Carlos! Hey the choir was her idea, who would of thought!! Love that the choir was Celine's idea!I think she has more a hand in these things than we think!! Pity the sessions were not recorded though so it happens she has ideas 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:39 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:39 PM so it happens she has ideas ......according to some....she doesn't! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
LukeD Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:51 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 08:51 PM (edited) GUYS! I recently had the honor of interviewing Dana Parish, one of the writers of the songs Thankful and Always Be Your Girl, for my blog! You can read the spanish version of the interview here: How did you restrain yourself from asking her about the strange word choice in ABYG? The lines of the song have been criticized here...! Edited January 10, 2014 at 08:51 PM by LukeD 1 Quote
Katie Posted January 10, 2014 at 09:05 PM Posted January 10, 2014 at 09:05 PM Typically Celinish! Quote
Leanne Posted January 13, 2014 at 07:55 PM Posted January 13, 2014 at 07:55 PM Is the lyric really about a lullaby song for her children or can this also be seen as two people in a relationship?I know she sing 'this lullaby'.. but I can not say about the rest of the lyrics. Quote
LukeD Posted January 14, 2014 at 02:57 AM Posted January 14, 2014 at 02:57 AM Is the lyric really about a lullaby song for her children or can this also be seen as two people in a relationship?I know she sing 'this lullaby'.. but I can not say about the rest of the lyrics.''but I found everything the day that I had you'' and ''this lullaby will sent you off to sleep'', show me this is a song for her children. She would also seem rather desperate to sing the line ''my greatest wish has already come true'' for a boyfriend. 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted January 14, 2014 at 04:41 AM Posted January 14, 2014 at 04:41 AM I love the melody of this song so much. I've tried so hard to change a few words to turn it into a love song so that I can sing it, but nothing makes sense. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
c4n4d4 Posted January 14, 2014 at 06:05 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 06:05 PM ''but I found everything the day that I had you'' and ''this lullaby will sent you off to sleep'', show me this is a song for her children. She would also seem rather desperate to sing the line ''my greatest wish has already come true'' for a boyfriend. Yeah I find there's no way to mistake it for a love song once you actually listen to it, the lyrics scream lullaby. 1 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpgJanuary 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas
Leanne Posted January 14, 2014 at 07:26 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 07:26 PM stupid. I love the song very VERY much. The lyrics are very meaningful for me, actually how I felt before I met my boyfriend... Until the lullaby part... My plan was to use it on a very special moment, if the lullaby thing was not in it. I wanted to be sure and ask to someone who speaks good English because maybe it was not meant to be literally. Now I can't use that song anymore. 1 Quote
LukeD Posted January 14, 2014 at 08:41 PM Posted January 14, 2014 at 08:41 PM stupid. I love the song very VERY much. The lyrics are very meaningful for me, actually how I felt before I met my boyfriend... Until the lullaby part... My plan was to use it on a very special moment, if the lullaby thing was not in it. I wanted to be sure and ask to someone who speaks good English because maybe it was not meant to be literally. Now I can't use that song anymore. ''I Know What Love Is'' has a similar lyrical content and it is not a lullaby. Check it out! 3 Quote
sfbaysinger Posted January 22, 2014 at 03:29 AM Posted January 22, 2014 at 03:29 AM That's not true. I have sung this to my special people in my life. I say instead, "I found everything, the day that I found you." And "this love of mine will send you off to sleep." I know it is intended to be a lullaby but I have found clever/creative ways to turn it around, so it CAN be done. I love this song as well as Thankful and wow wow wow wow wow that the choir was her idea. That makes me so excited and I will never hear Thankful the same wat ever again. Always Be Your Girl is just one of these songs that makes me cry and that I repeat ofen. Oh and one more thing. I sing, "cuz you're my love, I'll always be your girl." If that does not work for some of you that's fine but it does for me! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
celine4evauk Posted February 19, 2017 at 08:21 PM Posted February 19, 2017 at 08:21 PM ''but I found everything the day that I had you'' and ''this lullaby will sent you off to sleep'', show me this is a song for her children. She would also seem rather desperate to sing the line ''my greatest wish has already come true'' for a boyfriend. Also, the line about button on a sleeve is maternal, to me anyway. There's a saying: mums are like buttons, they hold everything together. 3 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted February 20, 2017 at 01:52 AM Posted February 20, 2017 at 01:52 AM Also, the line about button on a sleeve is maternal, to me anyway. There's a saying: mums are like buttons, they hold everything together. Oh, I like that thought! That metaphor never made sense to me before, because I always thought about loose buttons falling off sleeves! 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted February 20, 2017 at 02:04 AM Posted February 20, 2017 at 02:04 AM Also, the line about button on a sleeve is maternal, to me anyway. There's a saying: mums are like buttons, they hold everything together.That's interesting!! I like this thought! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
celine4evauk Posted February 20, 2017 at 08:31 AM Posted February 20, 2017 at 08:31 AM Oh, I like that thought! That metaphor never made sense to me before, because I always thought about loose buttons falling off sleeves! Lol yeah I know, especially with my sewing skills! That's why I always regard ABYG as a lullaby/love song for her kids, than a normal love song/ballad. But everyone has their own interpretation. 1 Quote
isurrender Posted February 20, 2017 at 04:30 PM Posted February 20, 2017 at 04:30 PM "Always be your girl" is one of those songs I never listen to. I don't like it, but don't dislike it either. Whether it's meant to be a song for her children or not, I think music is not that cheesy as it could have been for a lullaby. Just like "Forget me not". Actually , listening to it right now. I had forgotten about it. It's really well sung to say the truth. It's quite raw and it fits the album. People always complain about the second part of LMBTL being too "basic" but it's actually the kind of pop ballads that work nowadays ( or back then). Piano driven songs have been very successfull. It reminds me of "Read about it" from Emelie Sande which was huge. And it's way not worse than " I hate you I love you" we hear everywhere now ... with a "rap singing"part in between it could have been great. Just like "My love". I don't understand why radio don't play those Céline'songs because they are very contemporary as ballads while I totally understand why "Alone" was not played on radio. Haven't heard any rock orchestral songs lately on radio. I think I've just fallen in love with this song right now 😁 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.