Jump to content

"Always Be Your Girl" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I said I'll always be your girl to my sons, they told me, Mom that's just wrong, so wrong! :wacko: :laugh:

 

normal boys i would say.

  • Like 2
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

I love the melody and the lyrics and her voice but...... god damn, someone should teach her how to pronounce better, not bitter and prayer instead of press/breas(t). Seriously annoying. (And wished instead of whizzed in LMBTL..)

 

But still, I love the song :wub:

  • Like 2
Posted

I love the melody and the lyrics and her voice but...... god damn, someone should teach her how to pronounce better, not bitter and prayer instead of press/breas(t). Seriously annoying. (And wished instead of whizzed in LMBTL..)

 

But still, I love the song :wub:

There's a few songs they could've worked on pronunciation with her a bit more. These and in DKL.....it sounds like she's singing "boo-tiful" the first time around instead of beautiful. I could forgive a live performance because she can't help the accent, etc. at times but for a studio version there's a few things they could fix. Unless they were going for those as part of the imperfections with her voice and not having to be so disciplined? :hmm: Either way, though. This is a beautiful, touching song. Some of the lyrics can be cheesy but I love the sentiment and the arrangement.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
I really love the song My favourite of the album, and You can relate the lyrics to anything and anyone... It's a very touching song!

TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR

8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras

Posted
I absolutely love this song! Yes, I will admit the lyrics are a bit cheesy but the sentiment is there. Even if I didn't directly tell my daughter, "I'll always be your girl" she'll at least know I'll always be there for her in life, no matter what; even when she screws up. That's what I think the message of this song is, no matter what I'll always be there. And of course the fact that life wouldn't be the same without our kids. This song just gets to me. Idk what it is but I can't help but think of my daughter and I hope when I'm gone one day she'll know this! It may not match completely with the rest of the album but it does have some elements, musically, that help it fit in. It is such a personal song for her I don't think she would not include it. And I love that, even with the new sound and refreshingly modern material that she kept something personal on this album and stayed true to who she always has been. I can see where some may not like it and to each their own but I just can't help but love this touching song!
  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

This song gets me every time and I don't understand why! I don't have kids so I don't know why it tugs at the heart strings so much! Maybe knowing the struggle Celine had to have her 3 boys is the reason! Who knows ?...all I know is I'm usually in tears by the end!

It's a beautiful song.

  • Like 2
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Posted
Please don't shoot me for saying this but I think this song is weird. Don't get me wrong, it is a great song, but I just the whole thing like "cuz your my boy all always be your girl" sounds like something lovers say to each other. The song does state the purpose of a mother's love for a child, tho I just feel some lyrics shouldn't be used in the song if you are referring to a child. Just my 2 pennies.
  • Like 6

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

Please don't shoot me for saying this but I think this song is weird. Don't get me wrong, it is a great song, but I just the whole thing like "cuz your my boy all always be your girl" sounds like something lovers say to each other. The song does state the purpose of a mother's love for a child, tho I just feel some lyrics shouldn't be used in the song if you are referring to a child. Just my 2 pennies.

 

Yes i feel kinda weird too. As much as i love my late mom i don't think i wanna hear her say that.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Yes i feel kinda weird too. As much as i love my late mom i don't think i wanna hear her say that.

If I were a guy I wouldn't want my mom telling I'll always be your girl. Weird. Maybe I am going too far saying this but it's still weird point, blank, period.

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted
I was driving to work this morning in light snow - the kind that melts against the windshield as it hits the car. I was playing the LMBTL album (of course) - and then Celine starts singing "I can melt the drops of freezing rain. . .". It seemed very appropriate at that moment. Guess I don't need a defroster when that song is on! :giggle:
  • Like 3
Posted

OMG DAMN YOU

NOW I CANT LISTEN TO THE SONG WITHOUT HEARING "BREAST" INSTEAD OF PRAYERS D:

 

which makes it even more creepy than it already is :ninja:

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

OMG DAMN YOU

NOW I CANT LISTEN TO THE SONG WITHOUT HEARING "BREAST" INSTEAD OF PRAYERS D:

 

 

which makes it even more creepy than it already is :ninja:

Exactly! I even sing "breasts" now!

This song has infiltrated my brain!

Edited by DionFanAlways
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
Always Be Your Girl = I Know What Love Is part II, though not as big as the first one :giggle:
  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Please don't shoot me for saying this but I think this song is weird. Don't get me wrong, it is a great song, but I just the whole thing like "cuz your my boy all always be your girl" sounds like something lovers say to each other. The song does state the purpose of a mother's love for a child, tho I just feel some lyrics shouldn't be used in the song if you are referring to a child. Just my 2 pennies.

I agree. When I first listened to the song and had no idea of the background story, I thought it's a song Celine would sing to Rene... Because she's been in love with him and been with him from quite a young age. So that's where the "girl" comes from, and the boy, well I guess lovers can call themselves like that. :)

Posted

 

I agree. When I first listened to the song and had no idea of the background story, I thought it's a song Celine would sing to Rene... Because she's been in love with him and been with him from quite a young age. So that's where the "girl" comes from, and the boy, well I guess lovers can call themselves like that. :)

Yea I thought it was for her and Rene too because it could be fitting but no it's her and RC.

 

 

My thing is with the writer tho. Why would you have that as the chorus when you are talking about your kid? That's just weird, and creepy on so many levels Ms. Parish!

  • Like 5

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

http://www.ascap.com/playback/2013/11/wecreatemusic/nmt-dana-parish-celine-dion.aspx

 

New Music Tuesday: Dana Parish on Celine Dion's Loved Me Back to Life

 

If you didn’t know it was about a mother and her sons, you could almost interpret “Always Be Your Girl” as a love song. Did you approach it any differently than you might have a love song?

 

No. I did know that I wanted to make it about her children. But I also knew that it had to be this very deep, connected, forever love. And I think that people feel that way hopefully about the people that they choose to be with, or marry, create a family with…and I think mothers often feel this way about their children. And I felt that from her on both levels.

 

I can’t explain it – there’s just this overwhelming feeling of love around Celine. I’ve now met her and spent some time with her, listened to the rest of the album. That’s really what she embodies to me. She’s extremely talented and brilliant, and we know all of that already, but I think it’s her humanity that sets her apart more than anything. And I wanted to make sure that came through in the things I said in these songs.

 

How did it get from “writing a song for Celine” to “Celine loves the song – she wants to cut it?”

 

It’s a crazy, wonderful story. We were in the middle of writing the song. I called a really good friend of mine who’s a publisher, and has amazing ears. His name’s Peter Lloyd, he’s at Pulse right now. I sang him half of the song. He’s very honest with me, and he said “I love this. Finish it, and let’s see.” I finished it, he said “I think you should demo it piano/vocal. I think you should keep it very low key, and send it to me as soon as you’re done.” So we went and demoed it, sent him a piano/vocal later that night, and he called me right away and said “Dana, this would be amazing for Celine, and she’s actually looking.”

 

So I asked him “Why don’t we get it to her husband [and manager, René Angélil]?” I just didn’t want to take a chance that this song could fall through the cracks. Because I knew in my heart, after seeing that documentary, that she would want it. So I put out a few e-mails asking for René’s e-mail address, sent him an unsolicited e-mail with an unsolicited song attached, and the next morning, I wake up to an e-mail from their assistant. She said “Dear Dana, they heard the song and love it. They want to speak to you, please provide a phone number." So I got a call a few hours later from René, saying “This is the first English-language song that we’ve found for this new record, and Celine absolutely loves it. Thank you so much! What else do you have?”

  • Like 3
S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Posted

How did it get from “writing a song for Celine” to “Celine loves the song – she wants to cut it?”

 

It’s a crazy, wonderful story. We were in the middle of writing the song. I called a really good friend of mine who’s a publisher, and has amazing ears. His name’s Peter Lloyd, he’s at Pulse right now. I sang him half of the song. He’s very honest with me, and he said “I love this. Finish it, and let’s see.” I finished it, he said “I think you should demo it piano/vocal. I think you should keep it very low key, and send it to me as soon as you’re done.” So we went and demoed it, sent him a piano/vocal later that night, and he called me right away and said “Dana, this would be amazing for Celine, and she’s actually looking.”

 

So I asked him “Why don’t we get it to her husband [and manager, René Angélil]?” I just didn’t want to take a chance that this song could fall through the cracks. Because I knew in my heart, after seeing that documentary, that she would want it. So I put out a few e-mails asking for René’s e-mail address, sent him an unsolicited e-mail with an unsolicited song attached, and the next morning, I wake up to an e-mail from their assistant. She said “Dear Dana, they heard the song and love it. They want to speak to you, please provide a phone number." So I got a call a few hours later from René, saying “This is the first English-language song that we’ve found for this new record, and Celine absolutely loves it. Thank you so much! What else do you have?”

 

So that's the dream story of every songwriter out there :blush:

  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Dont want to compare to any song but this awfully reminded me "skies of L.A." from TC album. :)))
  • Like 1
Celine ~
Posted
God this is the only song that didn't grow on me. I can't stand the lyrics.... I even prefer at seventeen or Overbored!
  • Like 2
Posted

I don't pay much attention to the lyrics when I'm listening to this song.

 

I just like the sound of it.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg

 

Posted

Dont want to compare to any song but this awfully reminded me "skies of L.A." from TC album. :)))

please don't compare this to Skies of L.A. , the best of TC for me.
  • Like 4
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

please don't compare this to Skies of L.A. , the best of TC for me.

I actually love skies of L. A. ...
  • Like 1
Celine ~
Posted

Always Be Your Girl = I Know What Love Is part II, though not as big as the first one :giggle:

 

Not even close, ABYG is not even close to IKWLI.. IKWLI is by far more vocally impressive!

  • Like 2
Posted

Not even close, ABYG is not even close to IKWLI.. IKWLI is by far more vocally impressive!

 

IKWLI was the first ballad where I thought her voice "had changed". Back then in 2003 I felt like I was listening to a powerful Celine Dion ballad and for some reason some of the tone was gone and it didn't give me goosebumps anymore. Then I learnt to love the new Celine... 10 years later I have to agree ABYG is really not close to IKWLI :P

Posted
Even though being weird ABYG is waaaayyyyy better than IKWLI.

Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg

Posted

Not even close, ABYG is not even close to IKWLI.. IKWLI is by far more vocally impressive!

 

Ooops sorry I didn't express myself correctly, of course IKWLI is light years BIGGER than ABYG!!! I tried to say that ABYG sounded to me kind of similar to IKWLI, but it doesn't get even closer to it. IKWLI is a sooooo underrated ballad in her career, like The Greatest Reward :wub: :wub: :wub:

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I honestly don't get how one can dislike such a beautiful song. She always delivers when she's singing about love between a mother and her child. I think it's not always how she pronounces each and every word she sings. This is the type of song that being cheesy is acceptable.
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Ooops sorry I didn't express myself correctly, of course IKWLI is light years BIGGER than ABYG!!! I tried to say that ABYG sounded to me kind of similar to IKWLI, but it doesn't get even closer to it. IKWLI is a sooooo underrated ballad in her career, like The Greatest Reward :wub: :wub: :wub:

 

I agree, IKWLI is one of the hidden gems along with one of my favorites as well as "the greatest reward". I wanna say they were recorded in the same year since we all know the ONE HEART album was mostly leftovers from A NEW DAY HAS COME album.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

IKWLI was the first ballad where I thought her voice "had changed". Back then in 2003 I felt like I was listening to a powerful Celine Dion ballad and for some reason some of the tone was gone and it didn't give me goosebumps anymore. Then I learnt to love the new Celine... 10 years later I have to agree ABYG is really not close to IKWLI :P

 

9/10 times I agree with you Mike, but I can't here. To me even this day I get goosebumps when I hear IKWLI.

The Adlibs in the end of the song :wub: alone is better than the entire song of ABYG. In my opinion and I still get this weird feeling when she says " always be your girl" to her son.. It should be revised and be a love song towards Rene would be less weird lol.

 

Posted
I love IKWLI!! I do like it better than ABYG but both songs are beautiful and anything Celine sings can give me goose-bumps! And I love the interview posted above, too. I think every song-writer has that dream but few actually get through the cracks so kudos to them!! What I love most about this song is the first verse and the chorus. It just really hits home.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...