DionFanAlways Posted October 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM Posted October 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM That would be amazing if fans ran the interview :dream: 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Shaun Posted October 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM Posted October 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM (edited) I don't think Celine cut off the Miley question because she was sick of talking about Miley, I picked it up more as she wasn't ready for RC to be interested in girls yet. lol Edited October 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM by Shaun 7 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
québecflower Posted October 2, 2013 at 04:24 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 04:24 PM That would be amazing if fans ran the interview :dream: a dream yes 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 2, 2013 at 05:32 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 05:32 PM cause Miley suddenly started acting like a whore for no reason other than to attract a bigger audience.I...love...you.... LMFAO Well I'm glad Celine cut her off with that question again. When is this Miley Cyrus thing going to stop? Are they all gonna ask every singer his/her opinion about Miley now? And about Britney's new show in Vegas too? One time is nice, more is boring, and both ET Canada and eTalk seemed to agree to ask the same questions EVERYONE will ask her about Britney in Vegas. Celine revolutionized the way of performing in Sin City. Of course they're going to talk about it with her. As isolated as you feel she is there, more people than not know that she is still there and made history there. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Javito Posted October 2, 2013 at 05:45 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 05:45 PM Exactly, she made history. Past tense. No need to keep reminding us that same status until 2019 "Been there, done that", you know? Let's turn the page. Let's move on. There are many other brilliant and bigger things in her career apart from making a #1 show between 2003 and 2007 in Las Vegas, fortunately And yes, I say isolated. Isolated from the radios and the modern music (until this album arrives, it seems ). She's been way too many years in a bubble where everyone thought she was retired, with now new albums, even if she was making a world tour in 2008. I refer to the proofs. Look how few radio stations are playing the new single today. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
GoldenLeaf Posted October 2, 2013 at 06:06 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 06:06 PM (edited) Exactly, she made history. Past tense. No need to keep reminding us that same status until 2019 "Been there, done that", you know? Let's turn the page. Let's move on. There are many other brilliant and bigger things in her career apart from making a #1 show between 2003 and 2007 in Las Vegas, fortunately And yes, I say isolated. Isolated from the radios and the modern music (until this album arrives, it seems ). She's been way too many years in a bubble where everyone thought she was retired, with now new albums, even if she was making a world tour in 2008. I refer to the proofs. Look how few radio stations are playing the new single today.If LMBTL doesn't get airplay, it has nothing to do with her residency show in Las Vegas but her age. How many singers aged over 40 years old have you heard on mainstream radio stations during the past 3 years (excluding the ones who have collaborated with a young artist)? The answers is easy : zero. Edited October 2, 2013 at 06:07 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
Javito Posted October 2, 2013 at 06:41 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 06:41 PM If LMBTL doesn't get airplay, it has nothing to do with her residency show in Las Vegas but her age. How many singers aged over 40 years old have you heard on mainstream radio stations during the past 3 years (excluding the ones who have collaborated with a young artist)? The answers is easy : zero. Jennifer Lopez and Madonna? Those are two examples of how to adapt their music to the current times (though I'm not saying with this that I want Celine to sound exactly as JLo or Madonna right? ). But they know how to keep up with the times. And Celine DID, as much as some say here that she has never been "cool" (or whatever you mean with that word and her) there was a time in which she was flowing with modern music and she get on well with radios: ANDHC and I'm Alive singles. Then it came IDAN, which was heavily played again in european radios (and still is today, I don't know about US radios). But then she suddenly abandoned that way, at the same time she started her Vegas residency. She began to stop promoting her albums after she was done with the first single, and years and years passed, and people started to forget what had been of her career. Is it much coincidence that when you ask someone to name the most recent song they remember of her, they all say IDAN or I'm Alive? No. Because that was the last time she supported a single after the momentum of the first one was finished Shall I remember that with Taking Chances neither Alone or Eyes On Me had a videoclip? Celine was 35 when One Heart was released, and except for the first single, the rest of the songs started to be ignored sistematically on radios, because she didn't promote them on TV for example. 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Chin Posted October 2, 2013 at 07:16 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 07:16 PM You just reminded me the fact that Celine's last music video was Taking Chances... How sad it is Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted October 2, 2013 at 07:52 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 07:52 PM (edited) Jennifer Lopez and Madonna? Those are two examples of how to adapt their music to the current times (though I'm not saying with this that I want Celine to sound exactly as JLo or Madonna right? ).Well, I asked : ''How many singers aged over 40 years old have you heard on mainstream radio stations during the past 3 years (excluding the ones who have collaborated with a young artist)? The answers is easy : zero.'' As far as I know, Jennifer Lopez and Madonna had to make a duet/collaboration with a younger artist to get an Hit song during the past 3 years (Jennifer Lopez with Pitbull and Madonna with Nicki Minaj and MIA). None of them scored a Hit song on their own during the past 3 years. Edited October 2, 2013 at 07:57 PM by GoldenLeaf 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:21 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:21 PM Well, I asked : ''How many singers aged over 40 years old have you heard on mainstream radio stations during the past 3 years (excluding the ones who have collaborated with a young artist)? The answers is easy : zero.'' As far as I know, Jennifer Lopez and Madonna had to make a duet/collaboration with a younger artist to get an Hit song during the past 3 years (Jennifer Lopez with Pitbull and Madonna with Nicki Minaj and MIA). None of them scored a Hit song on their own during the past 3 years. Madonna didn't even score a hit with Nicki Minaj and MIA 5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
browseceline Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:29 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:29 PM it is funny to see how Rene Charles responded about his mum singing a song from THE Sia. He has no idea how a great artist his mum is ( and was)/ His mum is not in his "cool" list 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
CelineDionForeverNY Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:51 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 08:51 PM You just reminded me the fact that Celine's last music video was Taking Chances... How sad it is You mean English right? There's been PAMP, LM, and QPVSA. 1 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Chin Posted October 2, 2013 at 09:49 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 09:49 PM You mean English right? There's been PAMP, LM, and QPVSA.Oh, I meant to type the word "English" right before "music video," but it's just somehow missing at the end Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:04 PM Oh, I meant to type the word "English" right before "music video," but it's just somehow missing at the end The last one was 'A world to believe in' with Yuna Ito. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Chin Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM (edited) The last one was 'A world to believe in' with Yuna Ito.If it's counted as an English music video, then it should be counted as a Japanese music video as well LOL Edited October 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM by Chin Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Posted October 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Let's not get crazy lolThis raises an excellen question, where the hell aer her japanese fans on this forum? Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Chin Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:24 AM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:24 AM Let's not get crazy lolThis raises an excellen question, where the hell aer her japanese fans on this forum?Good question, I'm wondering if there is a fan from Japan in this forum. If there's one, I hope he or she will share some pics of the Japanese edition of LMBTL 1 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM Do we not get another instalment on this today? Kev x Quote
Fuzzy Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM Author Posted October 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM It's eTalk that has a part 2. I posted it (last message page 1) Quote http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg
smash Posted October 3, 2013 at 02:48 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 02:48 PM It's eTalk that has a part 2. I posted it (last message page 1) Sorry, but I don't see it on page 1, last message. Have looked a couple of times now, unless I'm looking right over it, I don't know. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Sharon Quote
Fuzzy Posted October 3, 2013 at 02:59 PM Author Posted October 3, 2013 at 02:59 PM Here : http://www.celinedio...rview-on-etalk/ 1 Quote http://i43.tinypic.com/vne96v.jpg
smash Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:31 PM Posted October 3, 2013 at 05:31 PM Thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Sharon 1 Quote
Koolan Posted October 9, 2013 at 02:03 AM Posted October 9, 2013 at 02:03 AM Let's not get crazy lolThis raises an excellen question, where the hell aer her japanese fans on this forum?I'm also wondering this. There are 60 on the forum and one just joined today. 2 Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
LukeD Posted October 9, 2013 at 02:25 AM Posted October 9, 2013 at 02:25 AM When are we getting the full interview? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.