CELINE MARIE Posted April 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM Posted April 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM cover http://www.celinedionpt.com/noticias/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/time_christinaaguilera.jpg Quote
LuisMa Posted April 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM Posted April 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM I hate how they typed Celine's name in a color that is almost the same as Christina's hair and is difficult to see at first sight. Couldn't they have used another color or put it somewhere else? And don't get me started on Xtina's hair... Quote
amelie Posted April 20, 2013 at 02:25 PM Posted April 20, 2013 at 02:25 PM i'm not surprised celine thinks christina's technique is flawless technique = voice without survival instinct, in this sentence Quote
CELINE MARIE Posted April 20, 2013 at 02:54 PM Posted April 20, 2013 at 02:54 PM 'TIME presents its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world'ok but who is on this list? Celine? Quote
CELINE MARIE Posted April 22, 2013 at 05:51 PM Posted April 22, 2013 at 05:51 PM " I'm very honored to be part of the #TIME100 list and for the wonderful words from Celine Dion. Thank you! XoXtina"nice 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted April 22, 2013 at 06:05 PM Posted April 22, 2013 at 06:05 PM 'TIME presents its annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world'ok but who is on this list? Celine? No, celine wasn't. Quote
marc-02 Posted April 23, 2013 at 06:19 PM Posted April 23, 2013 at 06:19 PM Can anybody here post a scan of the page on Christina so we can have an idea hw it looks... Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted April 23, 2013 at 06:36 PM Posted April 23, 2013 at 06:36 PM true but one solid hitsong makes more impact in peoples mind that milions of sales from fans. Your body and Feel this moment are decent hits worldwide, opposite to Sans Attendre which noone knows exept fansbut of course its amazing, i dont want to blame anything''Your Body'' and ''Feel This Moment'' are not solid hit songs. Because a song manage to crack the Top10 (which is not the case of ''Your Body'' anyway) doesn't mean it will have a lasting influence. Who will remember these in 5 years from now? Nodoby except Xtina fans. Celine fans are some of the most nastiest people in the world.I can say the same thing about Madonna fans 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Posted April 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Totally. After Not Myself Tonight and its skanky video flopped, you'd think she'd get the message that people don't want that from her. And then she comes out with Your Body. The funny thing is that Max Martin can pretty much make a hit for anyone, and Christina would go on and on during that month she promoted Lotus about how she draaaagged herself to work with him, like she's so above it. But then after all is said and done, the only person he seemingly can't make a hit for... is Christina. So maybe the problem is her. But like you said, both albums have some real good songs. Elastic Love, Little Dreamer, Monday Morning, Birds Of Prey, these are the songs I would have used to promote that record. Note how three of them aren't even on the standard edition though. But I think they're an eclectic group of songs that would have shown the album in a good light had they been used to promote it. Blank Page could have made a great Fall/Winter single to kick off Lotus, even if the influence of Someone Like You is palpable; imo it's the best ballad Christina has made since The Voice Within in 2002. Red Hot Kinda Love is a fun, saucy song, even Let There Be Love, generic as it is, has at least some airplay potential, so it's not like she didn't have options going into each of these album campaigns. omg i would love to see the interviews where she sounds like it was a chore to work with Max Martin. Please post!! Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted April 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM Posted April 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM omg i would love to see the interviews where she sounds like it was a chore to work with Max Martin. Please post!! There are multiple video/print interviews where she's just like "you know if I was going to work with Max Martin who's just so pop, if I'm REALLY gonna do this, I had to make sure I could still be me," and she attempts to create this persona as someone who's so outside of the mainstream; granted she's done some things here and there that may have caught people a bit off guard, but I don't like that she makes it seem like working with Max Martin is something she had to really negotiate with herself as if she wasn't a pop act from Day One. She goes on to say she's a risk taker and and innovator and sometimes that means something like Bionic is "going to go over people's heads" but "real lovers of music" tell her how much they enjoy that album. So on top of everything, according to the rules she made up in her own mind she's such a risk-taker that most people just don't get it and that's why her work hasn't done well lately. I don't think she's putting herself in the best light with that justification because it seems to imply that Bionic didn't do well because people were too stupid for it, and only an elite few who truly like music had the ability to enjoy that album. Which doesn't explain why the album was promoted by some of its most basic songs, but maybe that was a label decision. Though I get the feeling you didn't really want clarification and you just don't care for the bit of critique that was posted alongside some pretty positive remarks about her latest work. Correct me if I'm wrong. 1 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
LukeD Posted April 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM Posted April 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM There are multiple video/print interviews where she's just like "you know if I was going to work with Max Martin who's just so pop, if I'm REALLY gonna do this, I had to make sure I could still be me," and she attempts to create this persona as someone who's so outside of the mainstream; granted she's done some things here and there that may have caught people a bit off guard, but I don't like that she makes it seem like working with Max Martin is something she had to really negotiate with herself as if she wasn't a pop act from Day One. She goes on to say she's a risk taker and and innovator and sometimes that means something like Bionic is "going to go over people's heads" but "real lovers of music" tell her how much they enjoy that album. So on top of everything, according to the rules she made up in her own mind she's such a risk-taker that most people just don't get it and that's why her work hasn't done well lately. I don't think she's putting herself in the best light with that justification because it seems to imply that Bionic didn't do well because people were too stupid for it, and only an elite few who truly like music had the ability to enjoy that album. Which doesn't explain why the album was promoted by some of its most basic songs, but maybe that was a label decision. Though I get the feeling you didn't really want clarification and you just don't care for the bit of critique that was posted alongside some pretty positive remarks about her latest work. Correct me if I'm wrong. Couldn't agree with all this more! Christina also said that ''Bionic'' wasn't ''commercialized'' which is ridiculous. She thinks she's a great, but she's just basic. 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted April 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM Posted April 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM Couldn't agree with all this more! Christina also said that ''Bionic'' wasn't ''commercialized'' which is ridiculous. She thinks she's a great, but she's just basic. She's a nut job..can't take anything she says with more than just a grain of salt 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Si J'etais Quelqu'un Posted April 24, 2013 at 01:21 AM Posted April 24, 2013 at 01:21 AM Couldn't agree with all this more! Christina also said that ''Bionic'' wasn't ''commercialized'' which is ridiculous. She thinks she's a great, but she's just basic. And here's the thing - I actually am a fan of Christina's work. I think Stripped is absolutely glorious, Back To Basics is a great interesting project, and I love MOST of the songs on it, and even Bionic which I think is kind of a schizophrenic mess, I like about half of what we've heard from it. And I like that Christina actually visualized eras for all those records, like she came up with imagery, things that inspired her, and would make these huge scrapbooks of all the things she wanted her records and videos to sound and look and feel like. I think she has great artistry inside of her and actual ambition for her career and where she wants to see it go. My problem is that she feels like she should keep telling us these things all the time. Even with Lotus (which I regard as haphazard and it's disappointing that she didn't go whole hog with a theme and a purpose like with previous albums), there are some real great songs. Like I said before, I think Blank Page is her best ballad in ten years, and it's a shame more people aren't going to hear it. But she comes off as very contrived and stuck-up, and she's also said things I think are very hypocritical, and I think her problem is an image one - a lot of people just don't seem to like her. If she'd drop the "I'm a legend, I'm Etta James/Aretha Franklin/Ella Fitzgerald" stance and just focus on being a great Christina Aguilera, whatever that may be, she'd be in the legendary lane rather than the lane of someone who was popular for a while and then faded out. At the core of who she is as an artist, she deserves more than that. 3 Quote http://oi39.tinypic.com/dzjgva.jpg
chrisannabanana Posted April 24, 2013 at 01:43 AM Posted April 24, 2013 at 01:43 AM i'm not surprised celine thinks christina's technique is flawless technique = voice without survival instinct, in this sentence I personally think that she was technically flawless up until the Bionic era. Not sure WHAT has happened since. Clearly she stopped training her voice and maintaining her instrument. Celine, besides her talent also works on her voice. We've heard her talk several times about training and practising. I think that's the major problem with Christina. She thinks she can still pull off those adlibs but her voice just isn't trained to do that anymore which is why it comes off as all over the place. Adlibs need control and stability. 2 Quote
LuisMa Posted April 24, 2013 at 08:09 PM Posted April 24, 2013 at 08:09 PM (edited) From Billboard.com: A slew of celebrities descended upon New York's Lincoln Center on Tuesday night (Apr. 23) to celebrate the TIME 100 list of the Most Influential People in the World, and musical artists like Frank Ocean, Justin Timberlake and Miguel were among those gracing the red carpet. Christina Aguilera -- who was honored in a short essay by fellow diva Celine Dion -- was also in attendance, looking remarkably svelte in a black Victoria Beckham dress.The 32-year-old singer and "Voice" coach showed off a slimmer figure while sporting an unfussy look that was highlighted by some Lorraine Schwartz bling. Aguilera also performed "Lady Marmalade" during the star-studded ceremony. "The first time I heard Christina Aguilera sing, I was totally blown away," Dion wrote in her essay, released in the annual TIME issue earlier this month. "Without a doubt, she’s one of the most talented artists the world has ever seen and heard, and I think she’s going to continue to amaze us for many, many years to come."Aguilera released her fifth studio album, "Lotus," last November through RCA Records. http://www.billboard...t-time-100-gala Edited April 24, 2013 at 08:12 PM by LuisMa Quote
rael1983 Posted April 24, 2013 at 09:43 PM Posted April 24, 2013 at 09:43 PM Christina reacts to Celine's words about her: 2 Quote
LuisMa Posted April 24, 2013 at 09:49 PM Posted April 24, 2013 at 09:49 PM (edited) Loved her choice of words to describe Celine, and she doesn't seem hypocritical. Besides that, it's the best I've seen her look in a long time. Good for her! Edited April 24, 2013 at 09:49 PM by LuisMa 2 Quote
marc-02 Posted April 25, 2013 at 01:56 AM Posted April 25, 2013 at 01:56 AM Hit the nail in the head.... "classic and timeless" 1 Quote
LukeD Posted April 25, 2013 at 07:32 PM Posted April 25, 2013 at 07:32 PM So... we get another singer Celine has influenced. Good news! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.