Jump to content

Celine to perform at benefit concert in Montreal


Recommended Posts

Posted
what the hell is wrong with everyone's ears? You want perfection? it was pure raw emotion. She sounded fantastic to me.
Posted
i hope that is not a result of singing that same songs every night in Las Vegas! If that is the case, Vegas is not only a waste of her talent but it also ruins her voice....I just hope she was having a bad day, maybe sore throat or something. Because this is not what we usually hear, it is in some parts offkey, it's a bad raw, and yes it is a emotional performance too. Maybe Celine was thinking about it while singing and therefor had trouble singing the song?

 

She wasn't on a bad day. Her voice is in top shape and you can hear that in the soft parts of the song. So much clarity and good intonation.

 

It's just that her belting technique sucks in this perfomance, so much straining. :/

Posted
Well i am one of the harshest vocal critics but I have to say even though it wasn't an amazing performance, it was still a good vocal performance. She should have probably lowered it a tad bit on that day. But it wasn't a bad performance. Her taking chances world tour dvd performance was bad definitely, but this wasn't bad.

 

Her TC perfomance of this song had no strain at all. The irony. :blink:

Posted
what the hell is wrong with everyone's ears? You want perfection? it was pure raw emotion. She sounded fantastic to me.

 

Why should we care about YOUR definition of ''raw emotion''?

 

Take note: If Celine was singing like this throughout her career she wouldn't have a voice at this point. It was THAT bad.

Posted

Simply dreadful. You can understand she's in perfect vocal condition, her only issue is her bad placement. Her larynx was about to fly out of her mouth. She should get vocal lessons again instead of taking pics for magazines and covers.

 

Don't even think to tell me I'm being negative. My comment comes from a good place, as I care about her voice and good vocal perfomances. I'm going to forget about this mess. *listens to ''A l'Olympia'' perfomance''* :P

Posted
Her TC perfomance of this song had no strain at all. The irony. :blink:

 

I don't think the TC tour performance was bad at all. And she got over a minute of standing ovation for that performance.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
Simply dreadful. You can understand she's in perfect vocal condition, her only issue is her bad placement. Her larynx was about to fly out of her mouth. She should get vocal lessons again instead of taking pics for magazines and covers.

 

Don't even think to tell me I'm being negative. My comment comes from a good place, as I care about her voice and good vocal perfomances. I'm going to forget about this mess. *listens to ''A l'Olympia'' perfomance''* :P

 

Dreadful?? :angry2:

Come on. It wasn't the best Celine performance but dreadful?

She did tons of media interviews that day! That's what I meant in my earlier post that her voice is now more fragile...

And by the way, she has been taking vocal lessons! And I'm glad she took the pics!!!

Give her a break dude! :doh:

Posted
Some people just don't get that as the years go on, Celine is not going to sound like she did in the 90's. But I think she did a better performance of this song on the TC Tour. And she definitely looks much older here than in that latest photo shoot :huh:
The greatest voice ever! ♥
Posted (edited)
What an amazing performance! It wasn't her best vocally, but emotionally, it had me in tears. Edited by remykyes

New Signature Coming Soon!

Posted
Her TC perfomance of this song had no strain at all. The irony. :blink:

 

the irony?? her vocal on tcwt was very weak she sounded like her voice was going to die on her and the end was bad.

Posted
The more I see this, the more proud I am of Céline! She did a really good job, mostly with all the emotion. :throb:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Posted

glad i listened to the 2nd video, because the first one wasn't doing her justice at all.

 

I knew it wasn't that bad...

Posted
I don't think the TC tour performance was bad at all. And she got over a minute of standing ovation for that performance.

 

Exactly my point. It's just that her voice was tired because of the tour, nothing really wrong with her belts. She was on spot!

Posted
Dreadful?? :angry2:

Come on. It wasn't the best Celine performance but dreadful?

She did tons of media interviews that day! That's what I meant in my earlier post that her voice is now more fragile...

And by the way, she has been taking vocal lessons! And I'm glad she took the pics!!!

Give her a break dude! :doh:

 

She almost sounded like Christina Aguilera in those belts. :giggle: I won't excuse her for being tired cause her voice sounded amazing to my ears, almost angelic when she was singing the soft verses of the song... All this changed when she went higher (and these belts aren't even that high to be honest). A good thing I didn't mention is that she wasn't nasal at all. Here! I give her a break! :-D

 

Anyway, I'm not ''hating'', I care about her voice and this tension is bad for her cords, hope she avoids it in the future and this is why I want her to have vocal lessons again. They can only do good. :)

Posted
the irony?? her vocal on tcwt was very weak she sounded like her voice was going to die on her and the end was bad.

 

Her belts in the TC tour were more powerful cause she didn't strain..! Same goes for several other perfomance of this song.

 

In the soft parts she did a better job now cause she wasn't nasal and tired, I agree on this.

Posted
Her belts in the TC tour were more powerful cause she didn't strain..! Same goes for several other perfomance of this song.

 

In the soft parts she did a better job now cause she wasn't nasal and tired, I agree on this.

 

I think it was mostly because of the emotions :shrug: But I loved it, cause I could feel all of her pain while she was singing the song :cry:

Posted

Actually, if you take out her belts, the performance was quite good. Okay, everytime she went for the high notes, it ended out of tune, but her tone there is great. Her voice is crisp, pure, controlled on the low notes. No potato in her mouth.

And unlike the TC tour, she tried to sing the high notes without any detour, like she's been doing the last few years. That's probably the reason she missed the notes. In a sense, I'd rather have the missed "Au-delà de la violence/démence" like this, than the ones in the TC tour.

 

Anyway, anyone noticed how her first reaction after a wrong note is to bring her hand to her ears as if it was the earphone's fault xD ?

Posted
what the hell is wrong with everyone's ears? You want perfection? it was pure raw emotion. She sounded fantastic to me.

 

AMEN! she sounded TRUTH... I prefer a live song even if she gets "out of tune" but she sounds like she is really feeling the song!! singing with true emotion... Than a perfect high note lip-sync...

Posted
AMEN! she sounded TRUTH... I prefer a live song even if she gets "out of tune" but she sounds like she is really feeling the song!! singing with true emotion... Than a perfect high note lip-sync...

100% agree!

http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted
Actually, if you take out her belts, the performance was quite good. Okay, everytime she went for the high notes, it ended out of tune, but her tone there is great. Her voice is crisp, pure, controlled on the low notes. No potato in her mouth.

And unlike the TC tour, she tried to sing the high notes without any detour, like she's been doing the last few years. That's probably the reason she missed the notes. In a sense, I'd rather have the missed "Au-delà de la violence/démence" like this, than the ones in the TC tour.

 

Anyway, anyone noticed how her first reaction after a wrong note is to bring her hand to her ears as if it was the earphone's fault xD ?

 

Completely agree with you. :thumbsup2:

Posted
what the hell is wrong with everyone's ears? You want perfection? it was pure raw emotion. She sounded fantastic to me.

 

Wow that was one of the most emotional LIVE performances I've ever seen Celine do. It really moved me, nearly to tears. Ya know what, I'd take a live performnce like that 100 times over a "live" lip symched one that was perfectly recorded in the studio. It's moments like that that make me proud to be a Celine Dion fan! :wub:

~J O E Y~
Posted
... I'll take a flawed live performance over a perfect lipped performance always. :)

Amen!

 

As for the performance, I'm surprised Celine didn't perform ''Parler À Mon Père''.

She was there to pay tribute, not promote her current project.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted (edited)
She almost sounded like Christina Aguilera in those belts. :giggle: I won't excuse her for being tired cause her voice sounded amazing to my ears, almost angelic when she was singing the soft verses of the song... All this changed when she went higher (and these belts aren't even that high to be honest). A good thing I didn't mention is that she wasn't nasal at all. Here! I give her a break! :-D

 

Anyway, I'm not ''hating'', I care about her voice and this tension is bad for her cords, hope she avoids it in the future and this is why I want her to have vocal lessons again. They can only do good. :)

She had vocal lessons last spring after recovering from her virus... It's not like she doesn't train her voice anymore.

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
After listening to that HD performance posted, her performance was a lot better than I first gave her credit for. Most of her high notes were still off, though her last few belts were better than her first couple, but all the notes in between sounded wonderful. She didn't have a nasal sound she's had in the last few years. Her voice sounds really good on the normal parts.
Posted
Anyway, anyone noticed how her first reaction after a wrong note is to bring her hand to her ears as if it was the earphone's fault xD ?

 

Well she did pull the earpiece out. It's very possible that there was a sound problem and she couldn't hear herself. She was the first to perform and I wonder if she had done a sound check since she had spent most of the day doing interviews...

Posted
It was a charity show! It wasn't a singing competition!

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Posted
I just watched the full performance that she did of L'amour existe encore that night and I swear, it changed how I listen to that song! :cry: It was so emotional! Wow! Amazing! :crybaby:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...