artist Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:28 AM Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:28 AM (edited) Nothing personal, but some celebs, in my humble opinion, are really overrated as legends.Example: Jim Morrison, from The Doors. The group is very famous and well-loved among rock lovers and people who are not into love ballads or so.The man was addicted to drugs, thrown in jail zillions of times and as a result of drugs, died at the age of 27 What's the legend about that? Still, you're called a sissy if you do not appreciate his music and heritage. That's just an example. PS: his voice is just very normal. Only the themes he talked about were a bit daring at his time; the 60s Edited November 21, 2011 at 06:30 AM by artist Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/anasassaad/jnjkhjk_zpsbd763de7.jpg
ferjaacu Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:37 AM Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:37 AM I think Frank Sinatra is another one... I don't see anything special about him Maybe is just a matter of taste... Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
CelineAndRene Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:48 AM Posted November 21, 2011 at 06:48 AM Michael Jackson ... sorry, he could dance, what else? Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
seantrainor Posted November 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM Posted November 21, 2011 at 11:39 AM Michael Jackson ... sorry, he could dance, what else? And sing in my opinion lol. And a lot of his songs (ex. Man in the Mirror) have really positive and inspiring messages. Celine seems to love him. Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
dj4celine Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:28 PM Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:28 PM http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QFCUgYfz1cE/Tipvzsigs5I/AAAAAAAAADA/givu9d1R6Zw/s1600/Image7.jpg Quote
I Love You Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:46 PM Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:46 PM Mariah Carey. So overated Beyonce, and Justin bieber. Quote
reamary Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:47 PM Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:47 PM http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QFCUgYfz1cE/Tipvzsigs5I/AAAAAAAAADA/givu9d1R6Zw/s1600/Image7.jpg Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
openthetelevision Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:52 PM Posted November 21, 2011 at 09:52 PM I think people like Jim Morrison and Michael and Marilyn (I love them all to death but this is just an example) are "legends" because they have something in common :death/mysterious deaths. I don't think people really appreciate what so called 'talent' is until the person is dead. I hate using this as an example but obviously Celine is a legend but some people don't think she is, but let's say she were to pass away (knocking on wood!) then everyone would fall in love with her music and her but she would be gone. They'd say how great she is and give her their undivided attention and so forth. See what I'm trying to say? But that doesn't go to all legends, I was just referring to the ones you've said so far like Michael, Jim M and Frank Sinatra. I personally love Frank Sinatra though. But yeah. I feel like most people become legends (in other people's eyes) after they've passed.But then you have the big 3 : Whitney, Mariah and Celine. These are legends. Along with Barbra and Aretha. If you don't like these women you can't deny they've changed music history. Most people see them as legends but some don't. I think it has to do with personal opinion as well. Quote
ferjaacu Posted November 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM Posted November 22, 2011 at 12:04 AM http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QFCUgYfz1cE/Tipvzsigs5I/AAAAAAAAADA/givu9d1R6Zw/s1600/Image7.jpg OMD !!! Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
I Love You Posted November 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Posted November 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-QFCUgYfz1cE/Tipvzsigs5I/AAAAAAAAADA/givu9d1R6Zw/s1600/Image7.jpg OMFG, that is cest Drole. :lmao1: Quote
Tyler1991 Posted November 22, 2011 at 02:08 AM Posted November 22, 2011 at 02:08 AM I severely disagree with nearly every name mentioned thus far. Quote
celinefanonline Posted November 22, 2011 at 09:35 AM Posted November 22, 2011 at 09:35 AM (edited) well i would say Aretha for sure!! lol haha others did get their legacy in some way! for MJ of course he is a legend he can dance (he created moon walk), sing and write music so yeah others i can't think yet though.. Justin bieber is a legend??? i never heard that though.. Frank Sinatra of course is a Legend just because u don't like his music doesn't mean that he's not a legend lolBeyonce why not! i don't think she's overrated though he can sing, dance, act and write music!! Edited November 22, 2011 at 09:39 AM by celinefanonline Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
pat200 Posted November 22, 2011 at 09:45 AM Posted November 22, 2011 at 09:45 AM I severely disagree with nearly every name mentioned thus far.i would like to echo that sentiment as well.not liking someone's art is very subjective but judging real talent should be objective to a certain point. Some people might hate celine, but denying her talent would show them to be people who cant realize talent even when it hits them straight in the face... Quote
ferjaacu Posted November 22, 2011 at 07:29 PM Posted November 22, 2011 at 07:29 PM lol I didn't say I don't like Sinatra's music... But I don't think he has been as talented as some people think, that's all Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
seantrainor Posted November 29, 2011 at 08:48 AM Posted November 29, 2011 at 08:48 AM I severely disagree with nearly every name mentioned thus far.Even Justin Bieber and Beyonce?!?! Quote https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbAYHWyU8AEWKub.jpg
dj4celine Posted November 29, 2011 at 07:07 PM Posted November 29, 2011 at 07:07 PM He used the word 'nearly', Sean Quote
I Love You Posted November 29, 2011 at 07:32 PM Posted November 29, 2011 at 07:32 PM I love Jim Morrison. The doors had some fantastic songs, I have there greatest hits on my I-pod and I pad. Interesting fact about the Doors, They had no bass player. The keyboardist, did the bass part with his left hand. Quote
JasonFromTheMoon Posted November 30, 2011 at 04:42 PM Posted November 30, 2011 at 04:42 PM I don't think that a living person should be called a legend, that's ridiculous, in my opinion. Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
dj4celine Posted November 30, 2011 at 06:46 PM Posted November 30, 2011 at 06:46 PM ^^ Umm.. There is a thing called 'living legends' in case you didn't know Quote
CelineAndRene Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM Posted December 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM Madonna Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
JasonFromTheMoon Posted December 1, 2011 at 02:41 AM Posted December 1, 2011 at 02:41 AM ^^ Umm.. There is a thing called 'living legends' in case you didn't know That's exactly why I said so To me it's just not right. Quote Welcome to the "Loved Me Back To Life" era!http://s10.postimg.org/j8wfwy3ah/Fotor0101825542.jpg
puttybuddy Posted December 3, 2011 at 03:42 PM Posted December 3, 2011 at 03:42 PM ELVIS!!!! That's just my opinion! Quote The greatest voice ever! ♥
GoldenLeaf Posted December 5, 2011 at 02:58 PM Posted December 5, 2011 at 02:58 PM (edited) Michael Jackson ... sorry, he could dance, what else? I totally agree. He couldn't sing IMO. He was mostly famous because of Quincy Jones and controversy. Now let's talk about his so-called ''famous'' album Thriller. Some people may argue that the fact Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time certainly puts Michael Jackson into the genius category. Tell that to Quincy Jones, the actual main producer of the album. Michael Jackson did take part in writing and co-producing many of the songs (He wrote the cheesy ''The Girl is Mine''), but anybody who is familiar with other works by Quincy Jones can sense that he, not Michael, is the true genius behind this album. During the last 15 years of his life, nobody really cared about him anymore but he became like some god when he died. Edited December 5, 2011 at 03:04 PM by Calypso Quote
sfbaysinger Posted December 6, 2011 at 12:42 AM Posted December 6, 2011 at 12:42 AM I hope tjhat doesn't happemn to Celine.I have to agree with most of the names i have heard here, Modonna, MJ, totally disagree about Mariah she is a living legend and I think there can be such a thing. I can say that I would not like to earn my legend status were I to obtain one, through death and or controversy or mulitple stints in prison. Jonny Cash is a great singer but he is a legensd in country music, but you can't deny that some of the reason for that is for his time in, and later, work with prison which I greatly admire when someone turns their life around and gives back.I also think there is indeed a difference between liking someone's music and denying their talent. I can't stand Whitney, but you have to admit that, back in the day, she had a good voice.I will add Britney to this list! And Gaga is on her way, I fear! Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Nmj Posted December 6, 2011 at 04:33 AM Posted December 6, 2011 at 04:33 AM (edited) well people I DO consider living legends are: CELINE DIONMADONNAELTON JOHNCHERMARIAH CAREYTINA TURNERWHITNEY HOUSTONPAUL MCARTNEYLIONEL RICHIJANET JACKSONSTEVEN TYLERetc... a few dead ones are:MICHEL JACKSONJOHN LENNONJAMES BROWNFRANK SINATRAELVIS Edited December 6, 2011 at 04:34 AM by Nmj Quote
Bell Posted December 6, 2011 at 06:24 AM Posted December 6, 2011 at 06:24 AM Mariah Carey. So overated Beyonce, and Justin bieber.I agree about Justin. Beyonce...maybe. But Mariah? Why not? Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
CelineAndRene Posted December 6, 2011 at 06:27 AM Posted December 6, 2011 at 06:27 AM I totally agree. He couldn't sing IMO. He was mostly famous because of Quincy Jones and controversy. Now let's talk about his so-called ''famous'' album Thriller. Some people may argue that the fact Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time certainly puts Michael Jackson into the genius category. Tell that to Quincy Jones, the actual main producer of the album. Michael Jackson did take part in writing and co-producing many of the songs (He wrote the cheesy ''The Girl is Mine''), but anybody who is familiar with other works by Quincy Jones can sense that he, not Michael, is the true genius behind this album. During the last 15 years of his life, nobody really cared about him anymore but he became like some god when he died. :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: Even Janet gets more attention then she deserves simply because of her brother's death. Absurd pop culture we live in.... Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Scramasboy Posted January 11, 2012 at 02:48 AM Posted January 11, 2012 at 02:48 AM Beyoncelady gagachristina aguilara [ppl ive heard been called legend. Bullcrap lol] Most obvious legends are... CherBarbra StreisandElvisFrank SinatraTina TurnerAretha FranklinRay Charles These people paved the way in their Genres. Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
celinerific Posted January 13, 2012 at 08:53 PM Posted January 13, 2012 at 08:53 PM I disagree with some of the celebrities listed. It's not only whether they were or were not extremely talented, but it's what they brought to the industry they are/were in, the innovations they introduced, and some very special moments in which they contributed. Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
ferjaacu Posted January 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM Posted January 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM I think you're right... And for that I'd say I was wrong with Frank Sinatra Quote http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.