maceta_biloxi Posted August 12, 2011 at 05:49 PM Posted August 12, 2011 at 05:49 PM (edited) Hi Francois!!! Welcome to the forum and to our "small" family.Regarding your question I like a lot the stuff she's been recording after 2002. A new day has come, i'm alive, one heart, and the edgy album Taking Chances. All those uptempo songs make Celine look and feel young and vivacious. She could include the spanish version of Have You ever Been In Love in her upcoming album (that's too much to ask!?...) By the way she/they should've include songs after 2002 in her new Vegas show, there's sooooooo much to choose from and it's a shame they chose old songs. Anyway, lots of blessings from Costa Rica!!! / Tony Edited August 12, 2011 at 05:58 PM by maceta_biloxi Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Celine Fan 77 Posted August 12, 2011 at 07:58 PM Posted August 12, 2011 at 07:58 PM Francois do you think you could talk to Celine about the idea of taking the song Then You Look At Me to the stage for her show? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Francois_Lalonde Posted August 13, 2011 at 01:09 AM Author Posted August 13, 2011 at 01:09 AM Francois, thanks for all you're doing, the reason why you're here confirms our suspicions that Celine is making the new album and calm our anxiety. I also wanted to thank the support, the attitude so friendly and the interest you are showing . You are giving us hope that our proposals and wishes come true. Thanks for being part of this forum. Indeed all the ideas you've outlined are exactly that. Hi Churchill, Thanks for your comments. I just want to make it clear that my reason for asking is purely out of curiosity. I am really glad to hear all of you guys opinions and you are very generous to take the time to voice your opinions, However like I said earlier I am not a "Decider" so it is purely out of curiosity. I am not part of the decision process, I just am curious and wanted to hear what you guys had to say... that is about the extent of it. I cannot make any wishes come true... only hear like one of you... like a Fan. Having said that I really appreciate reading your comments CheersFrancois Quote
Francois_Lalonde Posted August 13, 2011 at 01:14 AM Author Posted August 13, 2011 at 01:14 AM Just like the rest of Celine fans did, I'd like to thank you Francois for taking time to ask us about what we'd like Celine to do in the future, but, just one question, why did you ask us which are our favorite Celine songs? Does it have something to do with her Vegas show? Hi Celine Fan 77, How are you.Like I said earlier, I am just curious and asking as a Fan. I am in no way part of the decision making nor am I part of her Show. (the show is amazing by the way!!!!)So no I was not asking for song selection... I was asking out of my personal curiosity... that is all Thank for voicing your opinionCheers Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted August 13, 2011 at 07:23 AM Posted August 13, 2011 at 07:23 AM ok Francois, thanks again! Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
nandiko13 Posted August 13, 2011 at 05:39 PM Posted August 13, 2011 at 05:39 PM (edited) Hi Francois! My name's Fernando and I'm from Spain.I like all songs of Celine, but I'm addicted to the album "A New Day Has Come". That cd is too optimistc and, It would be nice to hear Celine's voice again in that music genre: that's the way it is, i'm alive... The song "Right in front of you" is beautiful (the truth is that all are). Maybe, Celine wants to sing blues or jazz, or... celtic music. For example, "she moved through the fair". It's a shame, but that genre isn't comercial. So, rock songs always are great and welcome! Thanks for your time and I hope this can help you. Regards from Spain (P.S.: A song in spanish it would be great!) Edited August 13, 2011 at 05:40 PM by nandiko13 Quote http://www.celinedion.com/sites/celinedion.com/themes/cdion6_2/images/logo-bottom.png
yo_33 Posted August 14, 2011 at 03:00 AM Posted August 14, 2011 at 03:00 AM Hi Guys, Thanks so much for your comments. So if I got this straight You would like to hear: - Original songs / no covers- up-tempo dance songs and great ballads.- a Spanish song if possible.- modern radio friendly songs. Hi!! First, I think that what I said maybe not sounded so well haha, I just tried to say that I know that Celine's voice has changed (even Celine in person has said it), so I really hope she come back with a new power ballad like the old ones and make me blow up. In second place, I have to say that if you read what we all like to hear, is just the old Celine with a modern radio friendly song, hahaha.We all want original POWER ballads (not only slow songs like "A Song for You" or Billy Joel's "Lullabye", we want POWER VOICE!! ), and please, I really want a spanish ballad like "sola otra vez" come back!! Yes, I know that is cover, but I really think that covers like this and a cover of one of the greatest ballads in music history will be awesome too!! Sorry if my opinion sounded so bad I just tried to say something I've noticed about Celine's voice, specially between 2004-2008, but I never had the honor of hear Celine sing in person. P.S. Again sorry about my english... and one more thing, I want that celine's vibrato in power notes come back!!! Quote
volleyceline Posted August 15, 2011 at 02:11 AM Posted August 15, 2011 at 02:11 AM Jazz Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
CelineStorm Posted August 16, 2011 at 04:46 AM Posted August 16, 2011 at 04:46 AM Hi Froncois, hope you read this comment.... I love almost every song of Celine, but my favorites are "Shadow of Love" cause is different and is a dance song, and I love "I Surrender" cause is so powerful and incredible. I think that Celine should make a R&B, Dance, Pop, Album, with songs like Mariah Carey and Beyonce, duets with Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Christina Aguilera and Jordin Sparks, for dance songs with Pitbull, Lil Wyne or Will I.Am Quote
C_Airin_D Posted August 20, 2011 at 07:35 PM Posted August 20, 2011 at 07:35 PM (edited) I'd LOVE to hear from her Sam Brown's - Stop.. i adore this song! There's a lot of voice in it and Celine might can do the best version ever. Also "I want to spend my life with you" is one of my favs! Would be interesting for Celine to sing them. Edited August 20, 2011 at 07:37 PM by C_Airin_D Quote Want! Believe! Be patient! The only way for your dreams to come true!
celinesounds Posted August 20, 2011 at 08:42 PM Posted August 20, 2011 at 08:42 PM Love doesn't ask why, I Love you, refuse to dance, When the wrong one loves you right Quote #FREEJAVITO
CelineBlessed Posted August 27, 2011 at 06:57 PM Posted August 27, 2011 at 06:57 PM really hard to choose because it's like choosing between good and better Quote ---My synchronized lyric collection for you to download : http://www.mediafire.com/?43ijg5fupn98jdiPassword : www.celinedionforum.comPlay with Mp3lyrics and enjoyIts related topic : http://www.celinedionforum.com/Synchronize...ngs-t49264.html
celinemagicsingle Posted August 28, 2011 at 02:23 PM Posted August 28, 2011 at 02:23 PM Fresh, young, but not pop. Quote
lindalinh Posted August 31, 2011 at 01:20 AM Posted August 31, 2011 at 01:20 AM i like the song " The power of love" and "My heart will go on".She performed the songs very well. Quote ENJOY MUSIC, ENJOY LIFEhttp://www.5lyrics.com/artists/c/celine_dion.html
Edwin Posted August 31, 2011 at 01:33 AM Posted August 31, 2011 at 01:33 AM Like DUH... mine is I'm Alive and I like her faster tempo songs like that and IDAN, TTWII, CWS... Love her ballads too but the faster/fun songs are few and far between. Quote
lindalinh Posted August 31, 2011 at 08:37 AM Posted August 31, 2011 at 08:37 AM i like the song" The power of love" and " My heart will go on" http://www.5lyrics.com/artists/c/celine_dion.html Quote ENJOY MUSIC, ENJOY LIFEhttp://www.5lyrics.com/artists/c/celine_dion.html
Mtsh Posted August 31, 2011 at 08:46 AM Posted August 31, 2011 at 08:46 AM Definitely "US" her best song! wish to hear it live Quote http://acauseceline.blogspot.com/
KristyLovesCeline Posted September 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM Posted September 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM I love them all but my favourite Celine song in English is My Heart Will Go On because it always makes me cry everytime I hear it and my favourite French song is Pour que tu m'aimes encore,I just love singing that song Quote J'irai chercher ton coeur si tu l'emportes ailleurs Même si dans tes danses d'autres dansent tes heures J'irai chercher ton âme dans les froids dans les flammes Je te jetterai des sorts pour que tu m'aimes encore
Cris77 Posted October 8, 2011 at 09:19 PM Posted October 8, 2011 at 09:19 PM (edited) Hi! Francois Lalonde I'm Cristian form Spain. In my case I have to say that it's difficult to me to decide which is my favourite Celine's song. I can't say one, I love many of them and each one has a special meaning to me. For example, I'll always consider "Think Twice" a special song as it was the first Celine's song I've ever heard. It's good she records different syles for each album as she always does. I can't say I want a particular style but I'd like it varied with slow powerfull ballads and Up tempo ones. Many people just care about up tempo ones but I would say that I defend slow songs too. We must remember that those songs are part of Celine's style and shouldn't change that so much. A singer must evole but be faithful to the style that brought her to fame and I think both things are compatible. I like Celine singing jazz, pop, classic ballads, up tempo, rock and so. I'd like Celine to record new duets, for instance, with "Michael Buble". I'd like to see Celine with a great orchestra singing songs like "A Time For Us", "Scarborough Fair", "I Who Have Nothing" ... I'd like Celine singing ballads like "I Surrender" similar to the 90s style. I consider that one of the best ballads similar to the 90s ones. Songs like "Reveal" or "Fade Away" are great too. I'd like Celine to record a new Christmas album too. Thanks for reading. Edited October 8, 2011 at 09:23 PM by Cris77 Quote
baudin Posted October 13, 2011 at 03:02 PM Posted October 13, 2011 at 03:02 PM I have to say that although I'm not even a French speaker, I generally prefer her French songs, "S'il Suffisait D'aimer" is one of my favourites.Her take on the classic "I can't help falling in love", performed live on The colour of love concert DVD and also on the Divas live in Vegas DVD, I think is awesome.And she gave me goosebumps when I heard her sing "My Love" live here in Finland back in June 2009.I also love "If I were you" on the Celine Dion album.I have so many favourites, it's hard to choose! Quote
PuraVida Posted September 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM Posted September 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM (edited) Probably my favorite English song of hers. SOOOOO indispensably good! And the notes that close out the last minute and a half of the song are to die for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuuVv-4lMFQ Edited September 7, 2013 at 10:51 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 7, 2013 at 02:37 PM Posted September 7, 2013 at 02:37 PM I Surrender, still one of my tops! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Prima_Donna1 Posted September 7, 2013 at 04:07 PM Posted September 7, 2013 at 04:07 PM I don't know what songs I would like for her to sing. I know for me it would be great if she sang some album fillers like I Feel Too Much, Right In Front of You, Stand By Your Side, Faith, and Why oh Why. Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
bravobr Posted September 14, 2013 at 08:43 PM Posted September 14, 2013 at 08:43 PM Hello Francois, my absolute favourite Celine song is the Christmas song "Noel", the first time I ever heard it was with my friend Amanda at home, I think we had one of the music channels on and this song came on, we just sat there mesmerised with tears running down our faces, it was and is one of the most amazing songs she has sung, stunning.... her vocal range was beyond words. There are many other songs Celine sings, that I love, one of my other favourites is "In His Touch" from the "One Heart" Album, but there are many others that rank high in my faveourites. There is one song that I would love to hear Celine sing and that is "Amazing Grace", I know that she would be superb singing this song. Quote
Pangloss76 Posted September 21, 2013 at 08:25 AM Posted September 21, 2013 at 08:25 AM I love when she does epic songs like "The power of the dream", "Prayer" or "It's all coming back to me now", where it's not only just her hiting the notes, but more of a synergy between the arrangements and her voice that creates something powerful. I'm getting tired of the cheesy love songs though, I agree she's done enough. I think it's a good idea she's exploring an edgier side. I'm not talking about the TC area especially, because the edginess was just all the way through the album, but I enjoyed it more when she experienced it on a few tracks out of the blue like "Tous les blues sont écrits pour toi", "cherche encore" in french, and "Your light" in english which is, to me, one of her best pieces! Quote
LukeD Posted September 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM Posted September 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM (edited) I Surrender, still one of my tops! I think this song will win the ''Survivor'' game. I love it so much! Edited September 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM by LukeD 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 21, 2013 at 01:45 PM Posted September 21, 2013 at 01:45 PM I think this song will win the ''Survivor'' game. I love it so much!Lol! Heads will rolls if that gets voted off the island!! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.