takeachance Posted September 1, 2011 at 10:47 PM Posted September 1, 2011 at 10:47 PM This topic is cracking me up !!! Keep it coming guys !!! Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
LVCeline Posted September 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM Posted September 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM I'm a bit indifferent about her doing covers. I would love to hear her sing all her songs, but honestly we have the cd's for that. It's nice to be able to hear her sing songs she's never done before so I'm fine with covers. The people saying they don't want to see the show unless there are less covers clearly don't realize how amazing the show is and you should take it from people who've actually seen the show. Read the reviews Quote
dmeredith Posted September 2, 2011 at 02:05 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 02:05 AM I'm a bit indifferent about her doing covers. I would love to hear her sing all her songs, but honestly we have the cd's for that. It's nice to be able to hear her sing songs she's never done before so I'm fine with covers. The people saying they don't want to see the show unless there are less covers clearly don't realize how amazing the show is and you should take it from people who've actually seen the show. Read the reviews I feel the same way as you "LVCelline". Celine's Vegas show was amazing, and I can't wait to go see it again. Yes, we are all able to enjoy all of Celine's songs thru her CD's. So, I didn't mind a lot of the cover songs, because she sings them so well. I know so many people who only know her for BYLM and MHWGO. They tell me they like Celine, but they don't really understand why I like her so much. If they would only listen to all of her songs they'd realize her amazing talent. It's so sad that they are denying themselves the enjoyment of hearing more of her songs and getting to know how amazing she really is. Sometimes I send the Vegas reviews to them so that they can realize that I'm not the only person who is praising her!! Quote
enno2007 Posted September 2, 2011 at 07:41 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 07:41 AM I Think you should both grow up and find somewhere else to argue...this is a site for fans to share experiences and come together... And anymore it's full of idiots critisizing each other...I'd be embarrassed if Celine or her people came on here... If you don't like her go find Mariah careys site...Im so sick of reading nothing but whining...get a life people Who do you think you are to tell both Javito and me to grow up ? Javito and I might have had a disagreement and I may have felt a bit frustrated by the fact that Javito didn't seem to get my point or didn't want to engage with it, but as Claudette has pointed out, this is a forum for discussions afterall. And although I often disagree with Javito's (and other's) in my opinion overly negative comments, I prefer discussing with these people than being told by someone like you that I should shut up and that I am an idiot. How 'grown up' of you And as you seem to have missed it: I was actually defending Celine (at least to some extent) and find it rather annoying that you consider this as whining. Quote
Javito Posted September 2, 2011 at 08:11 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 08:11 AM I'm a bit indifferent about her doing covers. I would love to hear her sing all her songs, but honestly we have the cd's for that. It's nice to be able to hear her sing songs she's never done before so I'm fine with covers. The people saying they don't want to see the show unless there are less covers clearly don't realize how amazing the show is and you should take it from people who've actually seen the show. Read the reviews So for you it's the same to listen the songs at home in your stereo than seeing her actually perform them live? And the solution is that one of leave her alone sing her covers all the time? So do you prefer to see her performing songs like "Lullaby", "Overjoyed", "I Wish" or "I've Got The World On A String" dozens (some even hundreds) of times before watching her perform songs like "Water From The Moon", "The Greatest Reward" or "Just Walk Away" at least ONCE in her lifetime? Oukayyy... Who do you think you are to tell both Javito and me to grow up ? Javito and I might have had a disagreement and I may have felt a bit frustrated by the fact that Javito didn't seem to get my point or didn't want to engage with it, but as Claudette has pointed out, this is a forum for discussions afterall. And although I often disagree with Javito's (and other's) in my opinion overly negative comments, I prefer discussing with these people than being told by someone like you that I should shut up and that I am an idiot. How 'grown up' of you And as you seem to have missed it: I was actually defending Celine (at least to some extent) and find it rather annoying that you consider this as whining. Ah, the whiners... Welcome to the forum, may I say, enno. You'll be used to be called that, no worries... But its interesting, all those fans who call us whiners usually whin about the whiners at the same time, and can only praise and absolutely everything they see/read/get for Céline, no matter how many times they've seen her do the same. And usually have no more arguments than saying "it's great" or "amazing". That's all the conversation they have. So if I have to chose between one and other kind of "fan", I prefer the first one Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Claudette Posted September 2, 2011 at 08:58 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 08:58 AM (edited) Javito, did you not hear? The term used at the moment for the socalled ''negative'' or ''whining'' fans is ''death eaters'' or ''lord Voldemort''. It's going around on twitter. This thread is entertaining though, more than Celine's career at the moment. I believe we do have a fight in this thread now, and who started it? Definitely not one of the ''negative'' fans. I mean to call people idiots, how rude? Edited September 2, 2011 at 09:27 AM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
manu23 Posted September 2, 2011 at 09:18 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 09:18 AM I am in the middle of both parties here. Celine’s music is less popular that it was ten years ago, but it is not entirely her fault, of course singing songs like Lullaby does not help, but her main problem is radio support. Celine promotes her albums a lot, much more than other singer. When Taking Chances came out she was in every single show in America and Europe, doing interviews and singing the song, but TC single (I think it was a good song) was not successful because radios did not play it, this is the real problem here. And I think it is her label what we should blame, because I am sure companies pay to radios for playing songs, actually that is the best promo. Look at Britney, her singles are successful because radios are playing them every hour, but she never promotes them. BUT, popular is not relevant, at least for me, do you think Britney or Madonna are more relevant than Celine for the industry? I don’t think so, Hard Candy (horrible album) and Circus sold same as Taking Chances, My Love sold some or more than Celebration and much more then The Single Collection, last Britney’s album is selling nothing and her tour is sold out nowhere (I am talking of Britney and Madonna because Mariah and Whitney careers just faded). Do you think Celine’s popularity would be different if she divorced Rene and would be dating young guys? I think so. Just look, when Celine came back to Vegas, I am not sure, but here in Spain nobody knew about it, maybe a few newspapers mentioned, but when her lawyers closed that blog about Celine’s funny faces it was in all the newspapers and tv news. Celine’s career is healthy, I don’t think we should worry about it, but it is also true she needs a new direction, new team, new manager, new discography, I don’t know, but no more covers and no more Vegas until she is 60 Quote
artistman2007 Posted September 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM Posted September 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM I don't mean she quit but at least she have millions of songs even on old albums that she has the oportinity to promote them more and make that hits instead of promoting songs for other artists that are already hits and yes she has a couple or a few songs that later on people will remember and sing and say those are legendary songs but why not more and why not new albums that are really done from the heart she has to know that her children will grow one day and leave her so she have to stop not thinking about her life and career and when I say that I don't mean her vegas show to collect money I mean art she doesnt even want to change a single bit of the lipped medley it's getting really boring the other thing I agree we don't want to hear no more about her private life talk about music enough is enough Quote
Anna1990 Posted September 2, 2011 at 01:09 PM Posted September 2, 2011 at 01:09 PM wow when i read all these i feel so sad but indeed it is true she talks about her family a little to much, don't get me wrong i love her so much for that , but when i read all this, i had a feeling that Celine doesn't like to sing anymore that she doesn't like the show but i understand also that her children are verry important and that money doesn't matter to her , but on the other hand magazine's whrite things and you don't know sometimes what is true or not i only believe it when i hear Celine speakI agree with you!!I feel get lost this situation... In my opinion reason this situation- Is show which began too fast after brith,because she did not have enouhg time for resting and playing with children. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted September 4, 2011 at 06:53 AM Author Posted September 4, 2011 at 06:53 AM sorry I'm late:P:P:P I was on holidays:D so a few cents from me... this is an exclusive? with nothing but ooooooooold photos?!I didn't expect big news, I got used to it but sorry they could at least include some new photos!It's really disappointing, sorry but there is no excuse. She said back when she was pregnant in the interview with Julie that she is about to record the album so this is postponing again and again and without any details. I wonder WHY this interview was published in the first place? It's really nothing! I am relieved that finally I am not the only person who wouldn't speak positively.I think you guys are missing the point. It is not the fact that we have to wait for new material that frustrates us that much, but rather the way things have been done in the past few years. The bad choices, the lack of support from her team, Celine's attitude about not wanting to talk about her career, etc. I will wait another 5 years for new albums if I know it will be fresh original songs and that they will be great quality. As for the new show, that is a matter of opinion, but I definitely think the feelings about this show are far more mixed than with AND.I totally agree, I could wait another year to get the greatest album ever but with such attitude from Celine I don't feel like getting it. I mean, maybe we'll get 2 albums next year, but what's the point? can't they release one and in some time another one? In such perspective it seems as if she wanted to do it very quickly and get over it. I fully respect that she is happy with her family but why then teasing fans for a year that 'we're going to have a new album SOON' It'd be better if she said ' I want to have a break from recording, when sth comes, I'll let you know, I need some inspiration' But now I see no inspiration nor involvement, just mechanical recording. What a shame! As for the songs, I think she may have meant that there were more of those which she didn't want to perform but finally she was pressurised to include. But as for the the MHWGO she certainly knows that she will always perform that song and I think she is fed up with the conception of ending every time with it. Maybe some refreshment (another place in the show/other arrangements/remix?) would buzz it up. Finally, though, it seems that she has nothing to say which is SAD This interview should focus on music and career (the future) and for example 2/3 last question such as ' Oh, and how are the twins doing?' And for the albums, if they don't know what to do they could record just one new single which could be included in the new show to promote it as well and later the whole album Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Anna1990 Posted September 4, 2011 at 07:55 AM Posted September 4, 2011 at 07:55 AM sorry I'm late:P:P:P I was on holidays:D so a few cents from me... this is an exclusive? with nothing but ooooooooold photos?!I didn't expect big news, I got used to it but sorry they could at least include some new photos!It's really disappointing, sorry but there is no excuse. She said back when she was pregnant in the interview with Julie that she is about to record the album so this is postponing again and again and without any details. I wonder WHY this interview was published in the first place? It's really nothing! I am relieved that finally I am not the only person who wouldn't speak positively. I totally agree, I could wait another year to get the greatest album ever but with such attitude from Celine I don't feel like getting it. I mean, maybe we'll get 2 albums next year, but what's the point? can't they release one and in some time another one? In such perspective it seems as if she wanted to do it very quickly and get over it. I fully respect that she is happy with her family but why then teasing fans for a year that 'we're going to have a new album SOON' It'd be better if she said ' I want to have a break from recording, when sth comes, I'll let you know, I need some inspiration' But now I see no inspiration nor involvement, just mechanical recording. What a shame! As for the songs, I think she may have meant that there were more of those which she didn't want to perform but finally she was pressurised to include. But as for the the MHWGO she certainly knows that she will always perform that song and I think she is fed up with the conception of ending every time with it. Maybe some refreshment (another place in the show/other arrangements/remix?) would buzz it up. Finally, though, it seems that she has nothing to say which is SAD This interview should focus on music and career (the future) and for example 2/3 last question such as ' Oh, and how are the twins doing?' And for the albums, if they don't know what to do they could record just one new single which could be included in the new show to promote it as well and later the whole album I agree with you!! Quote
Lindah1984 Posted September 6, 2011 at 03:50 PM Posted September 6, 2011 at 03:50 PM No,Opinion fans should be most important,we love Celine but we have our demands. Wow, that sounds awfull Quote
dmeredith Posted September 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM Posted September 21, 2011 at 10:30 PM Wow, that sounds awfull I agree with you "Lindah1984". That does sound awful!!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.