Bell Posted August 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM Posted August 10, 2011 at 10:00 AM My mother have heard BYLM on the radio and got interested so she bought some compilation of ballads back in 1996. I was about 9 years old and the first Celine song I heard was 'Think Twice'. I fell in love with it! Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Clari Posted August 12, 2011 at 01:32 AM Posted August 12, 2011 at 01:32 AM I was 13, I was listening to Casey's Top 40 countdown November 1996 and the #2 song comes on. I was hooked INSTANTLY, the song was epic, passionate and so powerful. Can anyone guess what song got me hooked? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx... "Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras
Ray Posted August 13, 2011 at 07:38 PM Posted August 13, 2011 at 07:38 PM All By Myself? Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
celinedionfan1 Posted August 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM Posted August 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM I was 13, getting tired of Britney Spears and then I discovered Celine again <3 Became a fan the moment I played the first song on Youtube! Quote Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
caitlynceline56 Posted August 18, 2011 at 02:45 PM Posted August 18, 2011 at 02:45 PM This is a great thread! I love hearing stories like this. My interest started only a month ago. I was shopping in Target with my mom, and I was looking through the music section while she did errands. I saw the Through the Eyes of the World DVD placed with some of Céline's albums. I never really cared about her before, but I picked it up and read the description on the back because I was bored. It sounded like an interesting movie, so I decided I wanted to watch it. I ordered it on Amazon when I got home (it cost less money that way), and I received it a week later. I wasn't expecting to like it so much because I wasn't a Céline fan, but I ended up falling in love with her personality. I really admired how kind, mature, and respectful she is. I also remember being struck by the song "Eyes on Me," and immediately downloading it to my iPod after I was done watching TtEotW. I bought a couple more of her songs and really liked them...call me crazy, but I never realized what a beautiful voice she has. The song that really solidified my fandom was "My Heart Will Go On." I know that sounds so clichéd, but I didn't discover it the way most people did. I had actually never heard it until about three weeks ago! (I was only 5 when it came out, and I was completely blind to popular culture when I was a kid. I just couldn't care less.) Anyway, I was watching a performance of MHWGO on one of her DVDs - either Taking Chances Tour or A New Day - and I was so moved by the lyrics. At the end of 2010, my best friend in the world moved to California. Since I live on the East Coast, I was heartbroken. When I heard the words "You're safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on," I realized that it doesn't matter where my friend is. She'll always be here with me because our memories together will be in my heart forever. For the first time in 9 months, I felt totally at peace with her move. I tried everything to feel that way, but listening to MHWGO was the only thing that worked. I was so grateful to Céline for recording it, and decided right there that I'd always love her for that. My experience as a fan has been great so far, and I still have lots more of her songs to discover. I'm so excited!! P.S. Sorry my story was so long. Quote "The measure of love is to love without measure." "When there's music in your life, there's happiness." -Céline ♥
Daniel Hamilton Posted August 18, 2011 at 03:03 PM Posted August 18, 2011 at 03:03 PM Celine is a wonder full singer but she is a sweet, kind giving person as wellShe treats her fans like Friends. She follows her heart in this world.She makes you feel at home. with her warm, soft heart. Quote
_Giulia_ Posted August 18, 2011 at 05:59 PM Posted August 18, 2011 at 05:59 PM This is a great thread! I love hearing stories like this. My interest started only a month ago. I was shopping in Target with my mom, and I was looking through the music section while she did errands. I saw the Through the Eyes of the World DVD placed with some of Céline's albums. I never really cared about her before, but I picked it up and read the description on the back because I was bored. It sounded like an interesting movie, so I decided I wanted to watch it. I ordered it on Amazon when I got home (it cost less money that way), and I received it a week later. I wasn't expecting to like it so much because I wasn't a Céline fan, but I ended up falling in love with her personality. I really admired how kind, mature, and respectful she is. I also remember being struck by the song "Eyes on Me," and immediately downloading it to my iPod after I was done watching TtEotW. I bought a couple more of her songs and really liked them...call me crazy, but I never realized what a beautiful voice she has. The song that really solidified my fandom was "My Heart Will Go On." I know that sounds so clichéd, but I didn't discover it the way most people did. I had actually never heard it until about three weeks ago! (I was only 5 when it came out, and I was completely blind to popular culture when I was a kid. I just couldn't care less.) Anyway, I was watching a performance of MHWGO on one of her DVDs - either Taking Chances Tour or A New Day - and I was so moved by the lyrics. At the end of 2010, my best friend in the world moved to California. Since I live on the East Coast, I was heartbroken. When I heard the words "You're safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on," I realized that it doesn't matter where my friend is. She'll always be here with me because our memories together will be in my heart forever. For the first time in 9 months, I felt totally at peace with her move. I tried everything to feel that way, but listening to MHWGO was the only thing that worked. I was so grateful to Céline for recording it, and decided right there that I'd always love her for that. My experience as a fan has been great so far, and I still have lots more of her songs to discover. I'm so excited!! P.S. Sorry my story was so long. Very nice and sweet story Quote "Dans le lit de ma main, dans tous mes rêves, ici.." ♫♪ http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9999/takingchancesphotosessi.jpg
sfbaysinger Posted August 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM Posted August 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM I personally like long stories, so welcome here and thanks for sharing it. You most certainly discovered her in a nonconventional way, that's for sure. but oh well, it doesn't matter how we arrive at the beautiful destination that is Celine!So cool, welcome to CDF Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
kerche Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:31 PM Started in the early/mid-90s for me! (around 10yrs old)I cannot distinctly remember which song it was that I heard but Beauty and the Beast (probably this one b/c I saw the movie in theatres!), Power of Love and To Love You More were on my radar! When "Falling Into You" was released, I made my mom buy me the cd and I listened to it non-stop It was one of my first English albums too because I grew up with Asian music Quote - Kerry -
kerche Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM Posted August 19, 2011 at 12:33 PM I was 13, I was listening to Casey's Top 40 countdown November 1996 and the #2 song comes on. I was hooked INSTANTLY, the song was epic, passionate and so powerful. Can anyone guess what song got me hooked? Because You Loved Me? Lol Quote - Kerry -
CelineBlessed Posted August 21, 2011 at 01:42 PM Posted August 21, 2011 at 01:42 PM when i was learning english i noticed my brother listening to her songs so i was attracted by her voice and there was that she became my only beloved singer , it's about 9 or maybe 10 years that i just have listened to her songs .I wish one day i could meet her in person so my heart would be satisfied and relaxed for a moment .... Quote ---My synchronized lyric collection for you to download : http://www.mediafire.com/?43ijg5fupn98jdiPassword : www.celinedionforum.comPlay with Mp3lyrics and enjoyIts related topic : http://www.celinedionforum.com/Synchronize...ngs-t49264.html
ManuelDiom Posted August 22, 2011 at 04:41 AM Posted August 22, 2011 at 04:41 AM I do have a kind of have a cliché story lol I heard My Heart Will Go On when I was maybe 8. And I just fell in love with that song! I didn't know the name of the song nor who sang it. But I would always sing it and that was my song. Then I saw Titanic for the first time probably when I was 9 or 10 and I found out that's where the song came from. I instantly fell in love with the movie and the song all over again. Then a couple months later I learned the name of the song lol and looked it up and found out Celine Dion sang it. I didn't really pay attention to her or other singers. But I decided to look for other of her songs and I was just amazed by her voice! But again I didn't really pay attention to her, until 2007 when I saw her performance of MHWGO from A New Day... on YouTube and I just had to get that DVD! So when I got it on Amazon I immediately watched it and couldn't believe what I was watching! The effects were great! The songs were great! So I did research about her career and life and I was inspired by her story. So after that I started listening to her older songs and I loved them too! I was just so hooked on her music and her personality! And she became my favorite singer. Then I heard she had a world tour, but unfortunately I didn't go to the Phoenix concert but I got Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World and fell in love with her 6472929484 times over again lol And now that old enough to keep up with Celine news I know everything she does relating to concerts. So I am just wanting to go to her new Vegas show and experience her power live! So that my "little" story Quote "Remember the name because you will never forget the voice!"-René Angélilhttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq1j1nLPSG1qhpqobo3_500.jpg"Celine, without question IS the greatest singer in the world"-Tommy MottolaMy Celine blog on Tumblr
Terre Posted August 24, 2011 at 08:14 PM Posted August 24, 2011 at 08:14 PM I never really paid any attention to Céline until 1999 when I fell in love with MHWGO and the way Céline sang the song. Until then Céline was just an artist among others to me. So MHWGO got me to pay some attention to Céline and when TTWII started playing on the radio I went bonkers. Some time later my dad got me 'All the Way... A Decade of Song' and the rest is history. Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
WunderDrEls Posted August 28, 2011 at 07:49 AM Posted August 28, 2011 at 07:49 AM I discovered Celine in the way I think most people did: watching Titanic! It came out when I was six, so I was too young to watch it at the time, but I watch two years and half later (I was almost nine). I fell in love with MHWGO and a couple of week later my dad surprised me with the CD All the way. I was so happy!Then, like 7 years later, meanwhile I've always been a fan, I decided to learn how to play the piano and, by my self, I started with the first song I've ever fell in love with, My heart will go on! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.