Timster Posted January 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM Posted January 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM (edited) I can't believe its been 20 years, since Unison was made and came out. I was 2 years old when it came out. I was -4 when Unison came out Edited January 3, 2010 at 11:07 AM by Timster Quote
Terre Posted January 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM Posted January 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM This is a great topic! I, too, was a kid when Unison came out. I've been a fan for about 10 years now and I got the album many years ago. WDMHBN ( ) was the only song I knew on the album before listening to it. (ITW)AOW, ILIOOTQ, IWCSO and HAH quickly became my very favourites (apart from WDMHBN). Unison in particular is one of the songs that has definitely grown on me during the years. Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
Andy Man Posted January 3, 2010 at 01:26 PM Author Posted January 3, 2010 at 01:26 PM I can't believe its been 20 years, since Unison was made and came out. I was 2 years old when it came out. I was -4 when Unison came out Me too!!! I was 12 when I finally got it... Quote
Andy Man Posted January 3, 2010 at 01:34 PM Author Posted January 3, 2010 at 01:34 PM Some more music videos we've seen, but it's always cool to re-watch... Where Does My Heart Beat Now [Version 1] - My favorite version Where Does My Heart Beat Now [Version 2] Where Does My Heart Beat Now [Version 3] Quote
Timster Posted January 3, 2010 at 03:27 PM Posted January 3, 2010 at 03:27 PM I can't believe its been 20 years, since Unison was made and came out. I was 2 years old when it came out. I was -4 when Unison came out Me too!!! I was 12 when I finally got it... I said minus 4, not 4! I was born in 1994! Quote
Andy Man Posted January 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM Author Posted January 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM I can't believe its been 20 years, since Unison was made and came out. I was 2 years old when it came out. I was -4 when Unison came out Me too!!! I was 12 when I finally got it... I said minus 4, not 4! I was born in 1994! oh ahah didn't notice that...i was in fact 4 lol Quote
Andy Man Posted January 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM Author Posted January 4, 2010 at 12:57 AM Tonight show round 2... Second Performance on The Tonight Show - 1990 Quote
Andy Man Posted January 4, 2010 at 02:42 AM Author Posted January 4, 2010 at 02:42 AM And the third appearance...same song lol Third Appearence on The Tonight Show - 1990 Quote
Andy Man Posted January 4, 2010 at 04:18 AM Author Posted January 4, 2010 at 04:18 AM Fourth appearance on The Tonight Show...different song this time! Here it is with the interview @ the end...but the sound/picture isn't so good... Quote
Andy Man Posted January 4, 2010 at 11:17 PM Author Posted January 4, 2010 at 11:17 PM My personal fav from the Unison-era...great song and video...how many here wish that on Celine's next tour (vegas? world tour?) she adds this one to the set list??....such a great song... Unsion - Music Video And the single mix is incredible... Quote
Moleque20 Posted January 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM Posted January 4, 2010 at 11:24 PM Already 20 years...? OMG, time flies so fast. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
celinedream Posted January 5, 2010 at 12:06 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 12:06 AM (edited) Unison to me means the moment when Celine and David Foster started working together. When she was still struggling with speaking English and missunderstanding David when he said "that was bitchin" and Celine was like "what did he just call me" And if Rene was reading this he'd tell the story of how he got the deal with CBS records at first with a budget for 50,000 USD for the album, later on he negotiated no limit in the budget and how he was so proud of that . In the same record company as Michael Jackson just as Celine always wanted Edited January 5, 2010 at 12:08 AM by celinedream Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
celinesounds Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:27 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:27 AM (edited) There is a UNISON Long Box? I like the story of Unison, cause the album was to be the English version of Incognito and they did 9 new songs for the album Edited January 5, 2010 at 03:41 AM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Andy Man Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:51 AM Author Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:51 AM The 4th video from Unison... Quote
celinefan111 Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:05 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:05 AM i hear in montreal on july 10 they are having fireworks to celebrate celines 30 years of performing .. 20 years ago is alot i was born 2 years later and in 1997 i became a fan of celine.. and since i have been more and more obsessed with her. i remeber the first album i brought and all.. and i was just able to find unison about a year ago. which i find to be a bad thing because the stores around me didnt have it. i wish there to be more years of wonderful music from celine and in 10 years i can say yep i saw that concert and brought that ablum the day it came out.. kind of thing to people. its been an amazing to hear celine sing and im very thankful she crossed over to english so we could hear her voice in america and the world. Quote
Saheel Shah Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:27 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:27 AM m young so i did not really get to know celine as a fan until around 2003 so for me i think a major milestone for celine was the diamond award at the world music awards. i think that just proves that she is the best selling female artist of all time and the best female singer ofcourse. by the way she still holds the title of best selling female artist of all times Quote Saheel Shah
Andy Man Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:33 AM Author Posted January 5, 2010 at 04:33 AM The legendary Winter Garden concert: March 15, 1991Winter Garden TheaterToronto, ON -- LOVE this performance!! -- Exceptional version Quote
celinesounds Posted January 5, 2010 at 06:19 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 06:19 AM (edited) The legendary Winter Garden concert: March 15, 1991Winter Garden TheaterToronto, ON -- LOVE this performance!! -- Exceptional version The concert and the videos would make a great Unison collectors edition 1. (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY 2. IF LOVE IS OUT OF THE QUESTION 3. WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 4. THE LAST TO KNOW 5. I'M LOVING EVERY MOMENT WITH YOU 6. LOVE BY ANOTHER NAME1 7. UNISON 8. I FEEL TOO MUCH 9. IF WE COULD START OVER 10. HAVE A HEART BONUS: 11. UNISON (SINGLE MIX WITH RAP) 12. IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY (EDIT REMIX) 14. CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU DVD - THE CONCERT01 - LOVE BY ANOTHER NAME 02 - IF LOVE IS OUT OF THE QUESTION 03 - HAVE A HEART 04 - DÉLIVRE-MOI 05 - D'ABORD C'EST QUOI L'AMOUR 06 - I FEEL TOO MUCH 07 - HELLO MEGO 08 - CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU 09 - CALLING YOU 10 - (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY 11 - THE LAST TO KNOW 12 - UNISON 13 - WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 14- WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW (VIDEO) 15- (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY (VIDEO) 16- THE LAST TO KNOW (VIDEO) 17- WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW [ALTERNATE VIDEO VERSION] Edited January 5, 2010 at 06:25 AM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Andy Man Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:16 PM Author Posted January 5, 2010 at 03:16 PM The concert and the videos would make a great Unison collectors edition 1. (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY 2. IF LOVE IS OUT OF THE QUESTION 3. WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 4. THE LAST TO KNOW 5. I'M LOVING EVERY MOMENT WITH YOU 6. LOVE BY ANOTHER NAME1 7. UNISON 8. I FEEL TOO MUCH 9. IF WE COULD START OVER 10. HAVE A HEART BONUS: 11. UNISON (SINGLE MIX WITH RAP) 12. IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY (EDIT REMIX) 14. CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU DVD - THE CONCERT01 - LOVE BY ANOTHER NAME 02 - IF LOVE IS OUT OF THE QUESTION 03 - HAVE A HEART 04 - DÉLIVRE-MOI 05 - D'ABORD C'EST QUOI L'AMOUR 06 - I FEEL TOO MUCH 07 - HELLO MEGO 08 - CAN'T LIVE WITH YOU, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU 09 - CALLING YOU 10 - (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY 11 - THE LAST TO KNOW 12 - UNISON 13 - WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW 14- WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW (VIDEO) 15- (IF THERE WAS) ANY OTHER WAY (VIDEO) 16- THE LAST TO KNOW (VIDEO) 17- WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW [ALTERNATE VIDEO VERSION] This would be fantastic! If only we could manage Celine's career at sony... Quote
Andy Man Posted January 5, 2010 at 06:15 PM Author Posted January 5, 2010 at 06:15 PM Always thought this was one of the best WDMHBN performances... Quote
Andy Man Posted January 6, 2010 at 02:43 AM Author Posted January 6, 2010 at 02:43 AM (edited) (If There Was) Any Other Way - Live 1990 at De Bonne Humeur Edited January 6, 2010 at 02:44 AM by Andy Man Quote
Andy Man Posted January 6, 2010 at 09:29 PM Author Posted January 6, 2010 at 09:29 PM So what's the one song from Unison you wish Celine would bring back (or debut) on her next tour or vegas show? I know it's probably a long shot, but it would be awesome to have her recognize this album again. Personally it would be awesome to hear WDMHBN again live - either in its entirety or as part of a melody-type arrangement. But I have to say I would LOVE for Unison to be performed again. You can see how much Celine loves this song when she performed it during the millennium concert and as well during the Celine-melody last year @ Star Acadamie. To me it's an awesome live song and would fit in nicely with her more recent hits during a show. Quote
Timster Posted January 7, 2010 at 01:06 PM Posted January 7, 2010 at 01:06 PM I agree, Unison has to make a comeback in Vegas! Maybe with the rap too! Quote
Andy Man Posted January 7, 2010 at 08:41 PM Author Posted January 7, 2010 at 08:41 PM I agree, Unison has to make a comeback in Vegas! Maybe with the rap too! definitely with the rap! Quote
Andy Man Posted January 7, 2010 at 09:06 PM Author Posted January 7, 2010 at 09:06 PM (edited) Two performances of Unison...I LOVE the millennium concert version... Unison - Live at De Bonne Humeur, 1990 Unison - Live at the Millennium Concert 1999/2000 Edited January 7, 2010 at 09:07 PM by Andy Man Quote
celinedream Posted January 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Posted January 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Hello Mego is just priceless the whole skit...love it. Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
celinesounds Posted January 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM Posted January 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM (edited) There are 3 great songs on this album to sing live on a new tour/ show - Where Does My Heart Beat now- Love is out of the question- Unison maybe she should re-record them with a new fresh sound Edited January 8, 2010 at 12:41 AM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Andy Man Posted January 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM Author Posted January 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM (edited) Beginning of the Unison home video...I just love the interview with Celine at the beginning...she seems soooooo young here!... Beginning of the Unison Home Video I realllly hope we get this special on DVD at some point... Edited January 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM by Andy Man Quote
Andy Man Posted January 9, 2010 at 04:18 AM Author Posted January 9, 2010 at 04:18 AM Not the best quality...but some sections of her 10-year anniversary career in 1991: wish we had a good quality of the video of the entire performance because it looks like it's awesome!... Does anyone know if such a video exists? Quote
Andy Man Posted January 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM Author Posted January 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM Here's the Musique Plus concert with "live" performances from unison (and some from incognito) Musique Plus Concert - 1990 [Part 1] Musique Plus Concert - 1990 [Part 2] Musique Plus Concert - 1990 [Part 3] Musique Plus Concert - 1990 [Part 4] Musique Plus - 1990 [Part 5] Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.