Linn92 Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM (edited) Long story haha! Well, it all started in 2003 actually, when One Heart got released. I was in France, I bought two albums of her without knowing a single song by her (well of course...haha...Titanic). Anyway, I bought ANDHC and One Heart... Uhmm;; I loved ANHC. I didn't like One Heart, I thought it contained boring songs, even tho Celine looked pretty HOT on the front cover!! So somehow I pushed my little Celine addiction away for a while (2006...eeekkkk) In 2006 a Celine biography was aired on TV - I was kinda excited and stuff bc I knew who she was and I loved her songs from the albums I bought. So, here I was sitting in my cozy chair eating chips with tears filling my eyes. HAHA! Can you believe it? She touched me... From that day I knew, I knew I was going to be a huge Celine fanatic. I love the strong relationship she and Rene share, AMAZING!! And I simply just adore how she thinks, how she speaks and of course HOW SHE SINGS, her voice is way beyond beautiful. I would like to give a special thank to YOUTUBE, haha! I mean, without utube and all the Celine Dion videos, I wouldn't been able to learn more from this amazing singer. Also very happy that I managed to collect friends via internett who share the same intressts like me; CELINE DION x x Edited July 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM by LoveCelineDionLove Quote
Frida Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM 1998, borrowed a "most wanted" CD with a remix of MHWGO on it and ripped it. It's been lost forever but I JUST found it an hour ago! Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
Anniina Posted August 1, 2009 at 06:41 PM Posted August 1, 2009 at 06:41 PM It's really nice to read your stories! I think I knew who Céline Dion was and I must have heard some of her songs on the radio before I became a fan for about nine and a half years ago. When MHWGO started playing on the radio I pretty much ignored the song. However, some time later (in 1999 I think) I fell in love with it and thought Céline had a pretty amazing voice. When I heard there was a new Céline song (TTWII) I was interested in hearing it and was hoping it would be a ballad like MHWGO that I loved so much. When TTWII started playing on the radio I was a bit disappointed at first as the song wasn't like MHWGO. However, before I knew it I was going bonkers every time I heard the song. I was totally obsessed with it and always listened to it at full blast. Then my dad said I should get the CD with TTWII on it so that I could listen to it whenever I wanted to. I remember being like "I don't know... I might not like all the other songs of hers at all". Then dad bought me the CD 'All The Way... A decade of Song'. I listened to it and totally fell in love with the songs and Céline's voice. I needed to know who the woman behind the amazing voice was so I started surfing some Céline sites on the internet to learn more about her. I soon realized there was no turning back, I had become a huge fan. (Tervetuloa foorumille CelineforEva, kiva nähdä täällä uusia jäseniä Suomesta. )Hei ja kiitos! olen todella onnellinen että liityin. ihmiset ovat olleet todella ystävällisiä ja auttavaisia. Heiiii täällä kans yks suomalainen! So, here's my story... When my mother was a teenager, she used to listen Céline all_the_time. And when she had me, my mother and my father always played some music. Like Backstreet Boys, Ricky Martin, Robbie Williams, Céline, some Finnish bands and -singers and all kinds of music. I started to sing when I began to talk, I started to play the piano by ear, and I kinda grew up with music all around me (hahaha, that's sounds pretty celinish:D)..And when i got older, like five to six years, i always wanted to hear Celine. I couldn't say her name, but i still always wanted to listen her. When i was about ten years old, i remember going to my room, lighting candles and put "these are the special times" on the radio, and i always fell asleep.. but i didn't want to. I just wanted to listen her perfect, soft, strong voice.And when she came to Finland last summer.. i don't know how can i explain how i felt. I cried and cried and cried, because i couldn't go to Helsinki and see her!! We were off to Tuscany. But you can have two guesses, where i'd rather be in that week: in Tuscany, or in the same place, in the same ROOM Céline was? sorry, back to the point....but when i was younger, i always admired her because of her voice. i never knew how wonderful she'd be in person. So now, about two years ago i got that "a-ha!"-experience, when i realised that celine's really - you know, i always thought she was beautiful! but i noticed that she's the most beautiful person in this WORLD, from inside and outside. i couldn't love her more i love her now.. she's my inspiration and my rolemodel. i couldn't even think a life without her.you give me strength céline!(sorry for my shortened lifestory, but i can't help myself..)Hei tevetuloa foorumille tarinasi sai minut melkein kyyneliin... celine antaa meille kaikille voimaa jatkaa vaikeina aikoina. Lisää suomalaisia faneja! Tervetuloa joukkoon minunkin puolestani. I think we need a Finnish section here. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry to hear you missed Céline last summer. Yeah a finnish section would be nice. Oishan se ihan kiva =) yllättävän paljon täällä muuten on suomalaisia! Quote "If you follow your dreams it means you follow your heart. And if you follow your heart - I don't think you can go wrong."
Xanne Posted August 3, 2009 at 08:09 PM Posted August 3, 2009 at 08:09 PM Okay, here is my story.. I was 2 years old when I saw the movie 'Beauty And The Beast' and Ilike the song very much, it was one of my favorite movies in that time. When the 'Titanic' came out in Belgium (I was 5 years old), and I was looking at the TV with my grandmother, and Céline came on the tv. My grandmother said: " Oh Xanne, do you know that this is the woman who also sing the song of the movie 'Beauty And The Beast'? " And I: " Oh, really? But does she sing also that song .. 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'?" And my grandmother was looking like this at me: " How do you know that so good?" I fall in love with that song immediately! Oh, when I hear Céline on the radio or I saw her on the TV, I was going crazy! I was singing very loud! My parents they were working all the time so they don't know that I love Céline so much! Only my grandmother and my knew that That was our secret, because she loved Céline too, but not like I love Céline. And everytime when I was at my grandmothers home and we were alone in the livingroom, I sang for her 'My Heart Will Go On' and she loved it! She called me her little Céline! And with the years I became more and more a fan of Céline .. And since the album 'A New Day Has Come' came out, I became a real Céline Dion fan! I'll be my grandmother forever thankful, because she made me a Céline Dion fan She gave me my first CD, 'Let's Talk About Love'! And she gave me my last CD 'One Heart' just before she died .. And so, everytime when I hear 'MHWGO' I think about the good times betweer my grandmother and me, and that will live forever in my heart. Throught the good and bad times, Céline her music gave/gives me the strenght to go on with my life and let me believe in myself! My parents never know that I was a big fan of Céline until she came on December 31th 2007 on the TV with the Las Vegas show, and we were looking to Céline.. And i told them that I love Céline's music really much. On the first moment they don't believe me but after they ask me why I don't tell that to them before, and I answer them that they weren't a lot home .. If I told that to them before, then I could go to her in Antwerp in Belgium to the Taking Chances Tour .. I hope that I ever have the chance to see her in concert, because I'm waiting for so long to make that come true .. So, that was my story .. I hope you like it Quote тняσυğн тнє ωιи∂,ι ¢αи ƒєєℓ уσυя šтяєиğтнтняσυğн тнє яαιи,ι ¢αи šєє уσυя тєαяšтняσυяğн тнє šтσям,ι ¢αи ƒєєℓ уσυя ğєитℓєиєššтняσυğн уσυя ємσтισи,ι киσω тнαт ℓσνє šтιℓℓ єχ¢ιšтє му ωσяℓ∂ ιѕ α вєттєя ρℓα¢є, вє¢αυѕє σf уσυ ♫♥נє т'αιмє ¢єℓιиє ∂ισи! ♥
Mazsgirl Posted August 3, 2009 at 09:22 PM Posted August 3, 2009 at 09:22 PM I can remember when i was little my mum had the colour of love album on tape and i used to listen to it when i was in the bath or feelin down...when i moved out i took it with me..ooopppssss but on my travels it got lost and i never replaced it.....i found my love for celine again last year when i met the love of my life who is celines number 1 fan and she has fetch celine back into my life again....i love her songs, her voice and everything. i've now replace that album...on cd tho and got the new one too...plus just bought her biography. think i'm a proper celine fan now :clap: :clap: Quote I'll be your cloud up in the skyI'll be your shoulder when you cryI'll hear your voices when you call meI am your angelAnd when all hope is gone, I'm hereNo matter how far you are, I'm nearIt makes no difference who you areI am your angel
Tasha.Jade.x Posted August 4, 2009 at 04:53 PM Posted August 4, 2009 at 04:53 PM I became a fan last year or something.It all started when my sister bought the Taking Chances CD in November 2007.Then I started to listen to her music and became a fan.I love watching the 'A New Day' concert on DVD. Quote http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii234/AS--Xx/CelineAv5.jpg
Ray Posted August 4, 2009 at 09:53 PM Posted August 4, 2009 at 09:53 PM I was amazed at Céline's voice when she sang at Eurovision in 1988. Of course I hoped the Netherlands would win, but when it got to the points and it was obvious that Céline would make a chance at winning I was really hoping she would win. And she did. I loved "Ne partez pas sans moi"! Then there was her top 40 hit "Where does my heart beat now" in 1991. I remembered her and enjoyed the song a lot. The following year (1992) she had another top 40 hit with "Beauty and the Beast". I loved this song even better than her two previous hits. I also read a review which praised the 'celine dion' album as even being better than the last Mariah and Whitney releases. This made me really curious as I love Mariah and Whitney. So I finally went to the shop and asked if I could listen to 'celine dion'. I was soooooooo amazed when I heard the album, so I bought it. It was my favorite album of the year. I just couldn't get enough of it and started to search other albums, so I bought "Unison" and "Des mots qui sonnent". So it started with Eurovision, but really took off with her 1992 album 'celine dion', which is still my favorite Céline album to this date! Quote Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
joruss10 Posted July 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM Posted July 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM I became a fan of Celine when my father borrowed a disc from my uncle...... that disc was the vcd version of Live in Memphis. I was very excited to see the film.. I keep on watching it!!! thats why I became a fan of Celine!!!!!!! Quote ...............MY HeArT WilL gO On aNd On........... .......................................... ...................................... ................................. Celine DionPhilippines Fan Clubthe immortal divaCELINEDIONPHILIPPINES.WEBS.COM
volleyceline Posted July 24, 2010 at 02:32 AM Posted July 24, 2010 at 02:32 AM Ah.. started when I was a wee little one My mom used to play the cassett "because you loved me" all the time, and would always tell me, "she dedicated this song to her mom" and I would tear up when I heard the beautiful lyrics! So whenever my mom played that song, instead of saying "turn that off it's boring!" I would listen and enjoy!! But by that time, both me and the song were about 2 years old , i think.. BYLM was released in '96 right? Well anyways, I also LOVED Beauty and the Beast... it's still one of my favorite Disney movies of all time! I loved the soundtrack to it! hehe I wonder why Then my dad made this CD with some of Luciano Pavoratti's songs for his truck. I heard this one song.. it stood out the most to me... it was a beautiful duet with a wonderful voice... none other than, the great Dion At that time, I didn't really know her name, I just knew I loved her voice. My parents would always wonder, "Why does she like that song so much!" So after that, years passed, and of course I heard all the news about Vegas and everything, I just didn't pay close attention, since I didn't really know much about her! Then.. iHop. Me and my family went to iHop for my bro's b-day, and I heard "whataya sayyyy to jumpen off da edge?" and it drove me nuts! So that's how I became a Celine fan! Good situation.. sorray for elaboraten! (Lol from SuperLove) Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
ImACelineDionFan Posted July 24, 2010 at 03:24 AM Posted July 24, 2010 at 03:24 AM Welllllll..... When I was 2 and MHWGO was popular I would sing along with the beautiful voice that sings it. My family always teased me about it. I remember once I busted out crying because my grandmother wouldn't stop talking when MHWGO came on the radio (I was probably 7-ish). My mom helped me out a bit too-She always played "All The Way, Decade of Song" in the car. I remember once we had to pull over because it was raining very hard outside while driving home and I knelt down towards the speaker in the car to hear Celine sing because the rain was so loud! I just had to hear her voice! When "One Heart" CD came out my mom played that CD a lot too. I fell in love with IDAN. My friends and I used to play "talk show and guest" all the time. Instead of pretending I was Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan like my friends, I was the ultimate diva, our one and only Celine! I talked to them about "my" new CD One Heart and sang I Drove All Night to the "audience" After that I had forgotten about Celine for a while...until November 2008, I was in 7th grade. I was walking around the grocery store with my mom when I heard THE voice. No doubt about it, I knew that beautiful voice and I knew exactly who it was. I went home that afternoon and put "Taking Chances" on my iPod. I loved that song and played it so many times! BUT, I wasn't addicted...yet... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years passed and I went on YouTube. I decided to see if there was a music video for that great song, and what do ya know? There is! Then IT HAPPENED.I looked over at the "related videos" and saw all the songs that played in my childhood...So many memories came flooding back...It truly was "All Coming Back To Me Now" Since then I have been a loyal Celine fan...and that will never change... Quote
volleyceline Posted July 24, 2010 at 03:42 AM Posted July 24, 2010 at 03:42 AM ^^ What a cute story! I love it! My mom says this is a phase.. I don't think it is! Quote http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/33a2e2da594db4153c226a19ede91edb.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/e6aaaff4173e83688975f83ef4c440ea.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/7dcd605675e4621374fb2ab0c990b231.jpghttp://fotos.fotoflexer.com/6f81b75908662ef33cd2ed5d0a6c8208.jpg Some people have everything. And they have nothing. It's wonderful... - C e l i n e ♥
Raevaz Posted July 24, 2010 at 04:54 AM Posted July 24, 2010 at 04:54 AM (edited) Well it all started when I was on vacation in L.A in 2007 and in August my mom's best friend decided we should all go to Vegas! So my mom and her best friend, her 2 kids and my sister and I all went to Vegas for 3 days! (it's funny because my mom and her friend are around the same age, her daughter and my sister are around the same age, and her son and I are the same age, so each of us had someone our own age on the trip ) Anyways, we stayed at Caesars and we were all watching TV and the A New Day trailer played (the one that starts off with I'm Alive) and I recognized the name Celine Dion as "The Titanic Lady" and I really liked the songs that they played the clips of! That trailer kept playing and playing and I really liked her music and voice, especially I'm Alive. So we decided to go buy tickets and see A New Day but she was on break/vacation for 2 weeks including the week we were there, so we never got to see the show. I also bought For Keeps at the gift shop in Caesars. I still saw the trailer all the time on TV so when I finally returned to LA, I listened to some of Celine's songs, discovered some new ones, and returned to Houston as a Celine fan! My cousin goes "You never even mentioned Celine once, then you came back from LA and you were a fan, got her biography, etc" I got Taking Chances later that year, and one day my mom came home from work and told me that she heard on the radio that Celine was coming to Houston! Obviously I was excited and I kept asking my mom and dad for tickets, and they kept telling me things like "I'm not sure if we are going to go, we might not be able to, etc". Well after months and months of asking, Christmas comes and there was this box, and when you opened it, there was a manilla folder inside, than inside THAT folder there was another, then another, and on EACH one it said "What do you think it is?" I had a feeling they were the tickets, and voila they were! Turns out my mom bought them the day they went on sale and never told me until Christmas! So after the rest of 07 and 08 passed, January 9th, 2009 finally arrived and after the concert I became a HUGE Celine fan and after a while I finally got to know more of her songs, etc. Looking back I was such a "normal" fan I only knew some of her hits, I mean I didn't even know All By Myself, I Am Your Angel, etc. So after songs like those were performed I started discovering them and bought 2 of her CD's and eventually I joined the forum in February and to make a long story short, I finally became the Celine fan that I currently am! Edited July 24, 2010 at 04:55 AM by Raevaz Quote
ImACelineDionFan Posted July 25, 2010 at 02:19 AM Posted July 25, 2010 at 02:19 AM ^^ What a cute story! I love it! My mom says this is a phase.. I don't think it is! Haha thanks! Our stories are so similar! Celine was a part of our childhood and we became real fans when we heard TC! Thats so cool/crazy! I don't think it's a phase- Celine found a permanent place in my heart Quote
ladylindsey Posted July 25, 2010 at 02:41 AM Posted July 25, 2010 at 02:41 AM haha I feel OLD reading these stories! Quote
reamary Posted July 25, 2010 at 06:07 PM Posted July 25, 2010 at 06:07 PM I feel like I've told my story million times but apparently I haven't in this thread so here it goes. So with me it all started with Titanic and My Heart Will Go On, back in February of 1998.. I went to see the movie, and fell in love with it, as well as the theme song. So I decided to buy the soundtrack of the movie cause the music played in it had been so beautiful.. I started saving up some money, but when I had the money gathered, pretty much all of my friends already had the soundtrack, so I thought I didn't want to be like "everyone else" and decided to buy Céline's Let's Talk About Love instead, since MHWGO was on it too and I had heard a couple of other songs of the album on the radio. So I bought it, and after that there was no going back... During the spring of 1998 I started to search for information and learning about Céline and later in the same year I started studying French, partly because I had learned Céline sang in French too, and as S'il suffisait d'aimer was released at the same time, I wanted it. And when I bought These Are Special Times before Christmas, I was already hooked for good... That's my story in short. Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
celinebestlover Posted August 1, 2010 at 07:11 PM Posted August 1, 2010 at 07:11 PM I became a fan when I first heard MHWGO, at age 7, then Celine's music never stopped playing .. it is a long story but Celine has helped me a lot in my life she made me a better person..made me who I am.. I play guitar and piano because of her.. I did many things inspired by Celine Quote
amii05 Posted August 6, 2010 at 05:39 PM Posted August 6, 2010 at 05:39 PM i guesssssss i have always liked celine but xmas eve 2007 i was round next doors house and my friend had the divas cd and celine ABMS was on it and i kept playing it 24/7 then i became a fan Quote Hope all Céline fans have a brilliant time in Vegas!
mariposa24 Posted August 7, 2010 at 05:54 PM Posted August 7, 2010 at 05:54 PM When I was a little kid my mom played TCOML album all the time. My first favorite Celine song of course became TPOL (my mom told me I used to sing it in the car all the time lol). Then when I was old enough to get my own cd player, TCOML was like the only cd I listened to. I probably played TPOL, Misled, and WIFIL over a thousand times lol. For a few years I kind of stopped listening to Celine until the ANDHC cd came out. That cd was such an important part of my life. I listened to ANDHC and I'm Alive on my way to school each morning. Those songs definitely helped me get through the difficult times of elementary and intermediate school. And from there on out, I have been a Celine fan. Of course now I have expanded my celine cd and dvd collection lol. She's definitely an important part of my life and pretty much everyone who knows me knows how much I love celine. I've even had a few friends who are now diehard celine fans ever since I made them listen to her music. So yes, that's my story lol. Quote
kermitdafrog Posted August 7, 2010 at 08:20 PM Posted August 7, 2010 at 08:20 PM I was born. Quote It's not easy being green.
celinemaniacaik Posted August 12, 2010 at 02:50 PM Posted August 12, 2010 at 02:50 PM i 1st saw her on oprah and became a BIG fan although iv always love MHWGO since i wz alittle girl Quote http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
sing4denae Posted September 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM Posted September 16, 2010 at 11:02 PM My father is absolutly in love with Celine. And i mean IN LOVE with her. So ever since i was born he would play a celine dion album and i would fall asleep. I grew up listening to her music. I wasn't a fan then because i had no clue who she was. I searched her on youtube and found really great songs and then i found i video of her backstage at a show. I instantly fell in love with her personality and how open she is about her life with her fans. She's an open book and like that about her. Her voice can make angels weep and as one of my friends say "Celine's voice is like sex for the ears." <-- My friend is crazy. Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/FadeAway_Sig.jpgTreat Her Like A Lady
_Giulia_ Posted September 17, 2010 at 07:35 AM Posted September 17, 2010 at 07:35 AM (edited) Beautiful stories guys! Well, mine started with My heart will go on too: I remember I was 11 years old and a friend of mine bought All the way CD while I was with her; then we went home, we put the CD in the CD player, and we listened to it ALL AFTERNOON again again and again. I had already watched the film "Titanic", so I remembered the amazing voice I heard and I liked the theme song...there was something special in that voice, it was hypnotic!After a few weeks I discovered that my father had bought All the way too and...oh I was soo excited, I listened to it every time I was with him (my parents are divorced so I wasn't always at his home) and that's how I started to love Céline and to buy her CDs.I can't live without her voice and her unique way of singing. Edited September 17, 2010 at 07:37 AM by _Giulia_ Quote "Dans le lit de ma main, dans tous mes rêves, ici.." ♫♪ http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9999/takingchancesphotosessi.jpg
Jacqui Posted September 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM Posted September 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie as a kid, but I didn't like Celine back then. Saw the ANDHC video on TV when I was 15 and have loved Celine ever since that day. That's the short version of my story lol. Quote
ghazal Posted October 1, 2010 at 02:05 PM Posted October 1, 2010 at 02:05 PM WELL in the year 2002 my uncle went to india and from there he had bought a celine's cassette "A NEW DAY HAS COME" for my aunt .so she used to listen to it while she was painting ,and because my mom went to work every day and i went to her house so i heard it every day.and day by day i could understand it more that there is no voice like her,so went to her painting room each day to hear her and by this i fell in love with her,and her voice in the way that i can not stop even thinking or dreaming of her and she is the reason that that i love learning english!!! Quote
Krys Posted October 1, 2010 at 05:29 PM Posted October 1, 2010 at 05:29 PM 1997. MHWGO playing all over the radio and cant remember either mum or my aunt bought the LTAL cassette and i listened to it all the time. i turned obsessed in October 2004 8D after seeing Celine on was it the BioChannel bios? dunno some 2002 biography. ya, and here i am today lol Quote
loveyouceline Posted October 2, 2010 at 09:10 AM Posted October 2, 2010 at 09:10 AM Well, me!!! Just since 2002. I heard the song_To Love You More, over the radio. I've heard other songs of Celine before this, but why I didn't notice? So in anyway, from now and then, she's the one I look up as the model of perfection. There's no one like her. For those, I finally am here... Quote http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs922.snc4/73590_165568513461072_100000237733148_448778_802415_n.jpg
ddmone99 Posted November 11, 2010 at 03:04 AM Posted November 11, 2010 at 03:04 AM I was watching Music Choice with my mum and All By Myself came on! I've been obsessed with Celine ever since! I was 7 or 8. Quote You'll never see the courage i know. It's colours richness won't appear within your view. I'll never glow the way that you glow. Your presence dominates the judgements made on you. But as the scenery grows, I see in different lights. The shades and shadow undulate in my perception. My feelings swell and strech, I see from greater heights. I understand what I am still too proud to mention to you. You'll say you understand. But you don't understand. You'll say you'd never give up seeing eye to eye. But never is a promise and you can't afford to lie. You'll never touch the things that I hold. The skin of my emotions lies beneath my own. You'll never feel the heat of this soul. My fever burns me deeper than I've ever shown. But as the scenery grows, I see in different lights. The shades and shadows undulate in my perception. My feelings swell and strech, I see from greater heights. I realize what i am now too smart to mention to you. You'll say you understand. You'll never understand. I'll say I'll never wake up knowing how or why. I don't know what to believe in. You don't know who I am. You'll say I need appeasing when i start to cry. But never is a promise and I'll never need a lie. Never Is A Promise-Fiona Apple
Celine Fan 77 Posted November 18, 2010 at 06:35 PM Posted November 18, 2010 at 06:35 PM Here we go: Between late April and early May 2009, I decided to watch Titanic with my family at home. Of course, I had watched that movie so many times before, but, I don't know, that time it was different. When the movie ended and it was time for the end credits, my parents and my brother were going to bed and they were telling me to go to bed as well, but I asked them to wait 'till My heart will go on ended up. The following day, I started to watch on YouTube the song's official music video and several live performances. I particullary fell in love with the performance from the Live in Las Vegas - A new day... DVD, so I decided to buy it on Amazon. On May 18, 2009, the DVD arrived at home, and, I honestly don't remember why, but I was extremely excited about it. I remember both my father and my brother were at home and watched a bit of the DVD with me. My heart will go on was the concert's final song, so I went directly for it and we all fell in love with her. That day, I watched the whole concert, with the extras, falling in love with her and her music. Ever since then, I've bought CDs, DVDs, singles, books, I joined TeamCeline... And I'm more than sure that I'll get to meet her one day 'cause she's my idol; I mean, not only that she's my favourite singer, but she's also my model as a human being. That's my story. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Alex_Incognito Posted November 18, 2010 at 07:10 PM Posted November 18, 2010 at 07:10 PM (edited) My first memories of Céline, like many, are from "Beauty and the Beast." I remember my parents bought me the cassette single and they had the soundtrack. I listened to it very often-----even then I knew her voice was remarkable. I also remember my parents having a cassette in our car that had "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" on it. I loved it and knew it was from the same singer. My next memory would be my parents "Sleepless In Seattle" soundtrack. Duets, duets. It wasn't until 1996 that I really became a fan of Ms. Angelil. I purchased the "It's All Coming Back To Me Now Remixes" single and the FIY album. The rest is history. I've purchased almost all of her music since on the release dates (though, I did have to wait a while to get "Au cœur du stade" by mail order from Ontario. That was a painful wait). Because of Ms. Dion I started learning French when I was 14, it became my major in college and gave me the chance to work in France. I owe a lot to the music. It's been almost 20 years that I've known her voice. Weird. Edited November 18, 2010 at 07:11 PM by Alex_Incognito Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.