Jump to content

Is Celine invited or is she planning to come to the Michael J. memorial/funeral?


Recommended Posts

Posted

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/michael_jacksons_children_and_family_at_memorial_service/gallery_main/gallery_main-paris-jackson-michael-jackson-family-07072009-21.jpg http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/24/57/8/@/169155-rene-charles-fils-de-celine-dion-et-637x0-3.jpg

:giggle: hehe I know I wasn't the only one thinking it!

Posted

goosebumps all over..

this was truly an honest and well deserved goodbye for Michael Jackson. Although Mariah and Stevy Wonder did not song that well and Jennifer Hudson was too loud for that song, all in all it was a great emotional and deserved memorial. Esspecially all the speeching people had so nice words to say and michael was once again honoured for all he has done for the music industry, for his fans and for beeing the special wonderful person he was. You are not guilty until it has proved you were!

I was really touched by the songs, and the empty microphonestand at man in the mirror was impressive too.. the man who sang this, is not there anymore and no one will or can replace Michael.

You could see his brothers and Janet shared a big band with each other and I found it incredible that Tito sang for his past brother.

When Marlon spoke it touched me too and then Paris..it was so emotional..I felt so sad for all of them. But glad they gave the fans this final last goodbye!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
It was a good show, very respectful. I couldn't help think that Celine could have lifted "Heal The World" though, it could have used a big prescence among the mass of voices.
Posted (edited)

I'm speechless. The whole memorial was very moving and incredible! Just amazing!

 

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that KARDASHIANS were there, and the fact that the media had to mention their presence...

 

They're a bunch of fake, annoying, snooty, spoiled, bratty-childish, starved-for-attention grown women... the mother and children, including one of them - an over-rated, skanky, nasty, sex-taped famous-for-nothing Kim Kardashian... they had to be there, like human renditions of the swine flu.

 

Every time I see them on television, in a magazine, or in a newspaper... it just bothers me. They haven't done anything to contribute to humanity.

 

And today, at this deeply spiritual, emotional, and special Celebration of Life for the King of Pop - they were there... (regardless of the fact that Kim claimed that they've known the Jacksons for years) - oh, what a distraction!

Edited by Love,
Posted
if Celine was there she would have been the one crying the most.

 

... Um .. i don't think she'd be the one crying quiteeeeee the most :confused:

Posted
I'm speechless. The whole memorial was very moving and incredible! Just amazing!

 

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that KARDASHIANS were there, and the fact that the media had to mention their presence...

 

They're a bunch of fake, annoying, snooty, spoiled, bratty-childish, starved-for-attention grown women... the mother and children, including one of them - an over-rated, skanky, nasty, sex-taped famous-for-nothing Kim Kardashian... they had to be there, like human renditions of the swine flu.

 

Every time I see them on television, in a magazine, or in a newspaper... it just bothers me. They haven't done anything to contribute to humanity.

 

And today, at this deeply spiritual, emotional, and special Celebration of Life for the King of Pop - they were there... (regardless of the fact that Kim claimed that they've known the Jacksons for years) - oh, what a distraction!

 

Hm :hmm: Didn't even know they were there .. nor do i care

Ew but why would they even waste their voices saying the Kardashians names .. ick

But ya know if they cared and were fan of his, it wasn't wrong of them to be there

Posted
if Celine was there she would have been the one crying the most.

 

... Um .. i don't think she'd be the one crying quiteeeeee the most :confused:

I agree, Celine wasn't related to him, she wasn't his best friend. I don't think she was really a friend like everyone assumes just because she spoke about knowing what kind of pressure he was under and having met him a couple times. She was just an acquaintance is all.

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted
It was a good show, very respectful. I couldn't help think that Celine could have lifted "Heal The World" though, it could have used a big prescence among the mass of voices.

 

I thought the same thing Thomas. :yes:

 

Do someone know what is the name of the woman singer in "Heal the World"? I don't know her at all.

Posted
I think Celine could have done a very beautiful rendition of one of his songs (that she would probably rerecord in the studio down the road like she did with Dance With My Father). I thought Mariah's performance was very nice and very fitting since that was an original Jackson 5 song. But like many have said, Celine really didn't have any connection to be there. If they invited her they might as well invited every other living legend. Without a doubt she was watching from home though. I was watching the Vegas dvd last night and I think it's special that they actually mentioned his visit to AND on the bonus dvd (way before he died)...people will really appreciate that and I know Celine will remember that moment forever. God rest his soul.
Posted (edited)
To this moment, and from this moment forevermore, I will always remember and be moved by the poetic tribute to Michael Jackson from Dr. Maya Angelou. Edited by Love,
Posted
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/michael_jacksons_children_and_family_at_memorial_service/gallery_main/gallery_main-paris-jackson-michael-jackson-family-07072009-21.jpg http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/24/57/8/@/169155-rene-charles-fils-de-celine-dion-et-637x0-3.jpg

:giggle: hehe I know I wasn't the only one thinking it!

awesome- how did you get it???:)))

Posted
I'm speechless. The whole memorial was very moving and incredible! Just amazing!

 

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that KARDASHIANS were there, and the fact that the media had to mention their presence...

 

They're a bunch of fake, annoying, snooty, spoiled, bratty-childish, starved-for-attention grown women... the mother and children, including one of them - an over-rated, skanky, nasty, sex-taped famous-for-nothing Kim Kardashian... they had to be there, like human renditions of the swine flu.

 

Every time I see them on television, in a magazine, or in a newspaper... it just bothers me. They haven't done anything to contribute to humanity.

 

And today, at this deeply spiritual, emotional, and special Celebration of Life for the King of Pop - they were there... (regardless of the fact that Kim claimed that they've known the Jacksons for years) - oh, what a distraction!

ooooooooooopsss ...hey hey- :nono:

Posted

i want to see the whole thing... i only saw few songs on youtube ... cause they showed it like too early in the morning.. lol

 

anyway Mariah did pretty good! better than i thought!

and Paris speech..... oh my it's sosososo emotional.... feel so sad after....

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/michael_jacksons_children_and_family_at_memorial_service/gallery_main/gallery_main-paris-jackson-michael-jackson-family-07072009-21.jpg http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/24/57/8/@/169155-rene-charles-fils-de-celine-dion-et-637x0-3.jpg

:giggle: hehe I know I wasn't the only one thinking it!

 

 

haha :laugh: I was thinking the same thing! :sofunny: She is such a cute and smart little girl, I'm so amazed of her courage to stand in from of so many people to talk about her father.

Posted

Where did you hear this??? This seems like a strong remark...

She will be not tomorrow at the staple center, I think Jackson's family hate Céline :P
"Lfe is too short to wake up with regrets. So believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life was easy. They just promised it would be worth it"
Posted

OMG I can't believe this...that someone else thought the same as me...that I wasn't the only one...hehehe...I don't feel as silly now...thanx <3

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/michael_jacksons_children_and_family_at_memorial_service/gallery_main/gallery_main-paris-jackson-michael-jackson-family-07072009-21.jpg http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/24/57/8/@/169155-rene-charles-fils-de-celine-dion-et-637x0-3.jpg

:giggle: hehe I know I wasn't the only one thinking it!

"Lfe is too short to wake up with regrets. So believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life was easy. They just promised it would be worth it"
Posted
It was a good show, very respectful. I couldn't help think that Celine could have lifted "Heal The World" though, it could have used a big prescence among the mass of voices.

 

I thought the same thing Thomas. :yes:

 

Do someone know what is the name of the woman singer in "Heal the World"? I don't know her at all.

that was Judith Hill - she was recruited for the This is It tour

Posted
OMG I can't believe this...that someone else thought the same as me...that I wasn't the only one...hehehe...I don't feel as silly now...thanx <3

:giggle: I thought, "She is so cute, wait she reminds me of someone"..... then 5 minutes later haha RC!

Posted
OMG I can't believe this...that someone else thought the same as me...that I wasn't the only one...hehehe...I don't feel as silly now...thanx <3

:giggle: I thought, "She is so cute, wait she reminds me of someone"..... then 5 minutes later haha RC!

I think RC and blanket look similar. They showed a photo of blanket on tv and he has really long hair and its dark and was in his face and I instantly thought he looks like RC.

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted

I cried through the whole thing, it was very very touching.. but when his little daughter spoke.. :cry:,

It was different than i expected it was very nice, emotional..

http://static.rp-online.de/layout/fotos/Celine_Dion_Vegas_NVJJ1244d8062640354.jpg
There ain't a dream
That don't have the chance to come true now
It just takes a little faith..

Posted
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/bfm_gallery/2009/07/michael_jacksons_children_and_family_at_memorial_service/gallery_main/gallery_main-paris-jackson-michael-jackson-family-07072009-21.jpg http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/24/57/8/@/169155-rene-charles-fils-de-celine-dion-et-637x0-3.jpg

:giggle: hehe I know I wasn't the only one thinking it!

I was thinking it too...

I told my friend that MJ's daugther looks like Rene-Charles, Celine Dion's son! :laugh:

p.s. I was watching live on cnn.com with my friend from another side of the earth... internet makes ppl closer :flowers:

giphy.gif
Posted

geee.... that was so very touching...

 

and let me tell you my young friends... MICHAEL JACKSON really marked an age not only in music but in fashion and television...he change the way to see the music videos... and at the same time Brooke Shields marked us for life with the "blue lagoon" movie...what a memories! :in_love:

 

 

 

owe thanks to Celine has always had the support of her family (parents, sisters and brothers), and her husband ...and had been surrounded by people who really care, unfortunately we can not say the same for MJ :confused:

 

Michael thank you for your magic, dance, music,and for your generosity will miss you

 

RIP

Posted

I expected it to be a circus, especially with the whole ticket lottery thing... and scalpers selling tickets for thousands. :glare: But I was glad that it was a very respectful service. With what Brooke said and of course his adorable daughter Paris said, it really humanized Michael for me. The public has this tendency to think of entertainers like Michael as superhuman, but to her he was just daddy. She broke my heart. :cry:

 

I found it sad that a lot of the people who spoke, such as Brooke, haven’t been in contact with Michael for several years. It’s sad that he had to die for everyone to remember how much they care. :down:

 

Mariah... :blink: Well, I'll be nice and not comment.

Posted
OMG I can't believe this...that someone else thought the same as me...that I wasn't the only one...hehehe...I don't feel as silly now...thanx <3

:giggle: I thought, "She is so cute, wait she reminds me of someone"..... then 5 minutes later haha RC!

I think RC and blanket look similar. They showed a photo of blanket on tv and he has really long hair and its dark and was in his face and I instantly thought he looks like RC.

 

I thought the same thing when he was in that hat. I thought the memorial was touching but in a way, I was dissapointed. I thought they would have had more uplifting songs about his life instead of all the sappy songs which I know it was a memorial and people were sad but Michael was a happy person and he loved having fun. I think they should have at least did something that got people out of the gloom mood. My favorite performance was Usher and Paris standing up there and talking about her dad was sooo sweet but sad at the same time. :cry:

Posted (edited)

What i find strange is that Michaels daughter had wore a mask all her life in public and then on his funeral day it comes off and she speaks in front of the world, it was extremally moving, but i am wondering was this what michael would have wanted? wasnt he the one who always chose to protect her and shield her from the public eye and media all her life? then why when he died,is she now more exposed than ever??? I just thought he would of never wanted that? can someone help me out here, i dont get it ...

 

Btw Mariah Carey......go away.....

Edited by takeachance

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted (edited)
It was very emotional, I agree. I even shed some tears. While I do understand that people might view this memorial as a circus meant only to draw attention, I think that it was done very respectful. Michael was music, it was his life, his love, his stage was where he felt best, he said that a number of times. So I think it's only fair to give him one last chance to be center stage. Also, I always thought mourning never helped anybody and I find it better to celebrate one's life, rather than crying about his dead. I'm actually thinking of making a will just to tell people that my final wish is that they throw a monster party in my name, when I die.... which hopefully will never happen, cause I'm scared out of my mind of it (hey, tehnology is advancing fast, maybe they'll make us leave thousands of years... I can dream). Edited by Teodora
Posted
What i find strange is that Michaels daughter had wore a mask all her life in public and then on his funeral day it comes off and she speaks in front of the world, it was extremally moving, but i am wondering was this what michael would have wanted? wasnt he the one who always chose to protect her and shield her from the public eye and media all her life? then why when he died,is she now more exposed than ever??? I just thought he would of never wanted that? can someone help me out here, i dont get it ...

 

Btw Mariah Carey......go away.....

 

Personally I don't think he would have liked to have his children shown and paraded around like that because he went to such great lengths to protect them from the paparazzi and he wanted them to have a "normal" childhood but now that they have shown their faces, I doubt that's going to happen which is very sad. Without him, they could enjoy normal things because no one knew what they looked like but now they are going to be confined. :down:

Posted
What i find strange is that Michaels daughter had wore a mask all her life in public and then on his funeral day it comes off and she speaks in front of the world, it was extremally moving, but i am wondering was this what michael would have wanted? wasnt he the one who always chose to protect her and shield her from the public eye and media all her life? then why when he died,is she now more exposed than ever??? I just thought he would of never wanted that? can someone help me out here, i dont get it ...

 

Btw Mariah Carey......go away.....

 

Personally I don't think he would have liked to have his children shown and paraded around like that because he went to such great lengths to protect them from the paparazzi and he wanted them to have a "normal" childhood but now that they have shown their faces, I doubt that's going to happen which is very sad. Without him, they could enjoy normal things because no one knew what they looked like but now they are going to be confined. :down:

 

Ya exactly, I feel now all his work of "Guarding there identity "was all in vein now ,the point ?? I dont know if hed of wanted that to happen, i just hope no one forced her for a publicity thing or something, poor child, it must of been so tough

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted
What i find strange is that Michaels daughter had wore a mask all her life in public and then on his funeral day it comes off and she speaks in front of the world, it was extremally moving, but i am wondering was this what michael would have wanted? wasnt he the one who always chose to protect her and shield her from the public eye and media all her life? then why when he died,is she now more exposed than ever??? I just thought he would of never wanted that? can someone help me out here, i dont get it ...

 

Btw Mariah Carey......go away.....

 

Personally I don't think he would have liked to have his children shown and paraded around like that because he went to such great lengths to protect them from the paparazzi and he wanted them to have a "normal" childhood but now that they have shown their faces, I doubt that's going to happen which is very sad. Without him, they could enjoy normal things because no one knew what they looked like but now they are going to be confined. :down:

 

Ya exactly, I feel now all his work of "Guarding there identity "was all in vein now ,the point ?? I dont know if hed of wanted that to happen, i just hope no one forced her for a publicity thing or something, poor child, it must of been so tough

 

 

I thought the same thing when I saw her being pushed in front of that microphone by her uncles and aunts. Because it seemed to me that she was very reluctant to speak in front of the world at her dad's funeral, which I totally understand. And then seeing her brake down into tears and hiding in Janet's arms just brought me to tears.

 

I really don't think that Michael would have appreciated that moment at all.

 

And then I had a sort of flashback : Michael must have been pushed the same way to be center stage at that very young age.

 

Other than the fact that his kids were exposed like this, I thought it was a respectful and well done memorial, with wonderful words from all the speakers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...