Jump to content

Leaving everything for Celine


Recommended Posts

Posted

So i've been battling with this decision for a while. Today the decision was made.

 

i'm quitting my job in mexico

 

i'm going to montreal.

 

not only for celine's concerts but i plan to stay there for a few months. try to find a job over there and well...improve my French basically.

 

it sounds a little crazy leaving everything for a dream...but isn't it what life is all about? the pursuit of happiness??

 

i plan to arrive in the first week of february, my cousin lives there so i'm going to stay with her for a few days until i find a place to rent and a job. if anyone in this forum is from montreal and could give me some advise i would really appreciate it a lot.

 

there ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true right??? :thumbsup2:

An angel was looking through,

It was you,

Yeah you...it's

189239_10150115379852858_614362857_6669246_5597381_n.jpg

You are the REASON.

Posted

Well, I plan at some point in the future to do the same thing just for France but not for Celine.. for myself.

 

I can only hope that you'd do great and get a job. :)

 

Good luck! let us know how it goes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/CallingYou/shadowoflovesig-1.jpg
Posted
So i've been battling with this decision for a while. Today the decision was made.

 

i'm quitting my job in mexico

 

i'm going to montreal.

 

not only for celine's concerts but i plan to stay there for a few months. try to find a job over there and well...improve my French basically.

 

it sounds a little crazy leaving everything for a dream...but isn't it what life is all about? the pursuit of happiness??

 

i plan to arrive in the first week of february, my cousin lives there so i'm going to stay with her for a few days until i find a place to rent and a job. if anyone in this forum is from montreal and could give me some advise i would really appreciate it a lot.

 

there ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true right??? :thumbsup2:

 

OH MY DION!! :wub:

I plan the same thing :sofunny:

fans do think the same way... :whee: :whee:

i want to work in motreal or in quebec soon :kicking: :kicking:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2w5rhif.jpg

 

http://profiles.friendster.com/ivyjane

 

http://www.youtube.com/ivyjanel

Posted
Wow! Congratulations! That's a big decision and I really hope it works out the way you want it to! :D Montreal seems like such a beautiful place. We only have one life, so we should do the things we really want to do. I'd love to live there, but honestly, I know I couldn't leave my family.
Posted
It's not crazy it's what YOU want to do! I think it's great that your pursuing your dream. I'm sure you will have a great time. :xmas_biggrin:
Posted

I think this is very brave actually!!!!

 

 

And I think about studying in Quebec!!! That'd be cool! :clap:

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7499/image3ov7tr1.jpg

 

Posted (edited)

OMG that's great. I'm 90% sure I'm doing the same thing. I'm applying to study at McGill for a french course they offer...so if all goes well I hope to be up there in April. I want to know everything when you get up there. How it is finding a job, how much you LOOOVE it, etc. I haven't told anyone from home yet because I know what they will say. "oh you're just going up there because of Celine". Seriously? If that were the case wouldn't I be moving to Florida?? :doh: I wouldn't move my life up there for Celine. Celine is just the reason I was able to go to that city and fall in love with it, and I honestly think it's where I should be. It may sound crazy, but I'm a big believer in fate, and sometimes I have to think why it is that Celine was meant to be such a big part of my life. Maybe it was because then, I was able to explore this city that I feel drawn to and that I feel I belong in. Besides, I have nothing to lose here!

 

You're right, life is all about going for your dreams and taking chances. What's life with out risks and being spontanious? Anyway, I'm nervous just thinking about it, and I'm not even sure I'm going yet...I can't imagine how nervous/excited you must be! This is so far away from your home. I wish you all the best. Nothing wrong can ever come out of following your dreams so go for it! Bonne chance!!! :wub:

 

P.S. Will you be going to her concerts in February then?

Edited by autumnskies00

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Is this a New Year's resolution?

 

I will honestly say this: I think you are crazy.

 

The title of this thread and its contents sure prove it.

 

Celine is not your friend. Celine is not your family. She is your idol.

 

Dropping all that you have and just moving there for Celine (as stated) will only feed your obsession more and more. I hope we don't see you on World News getting arrested for trying to climb over the fences at Celine's Gagnon Island. :lol: (I'm being hypothetical)

 

I don't know how anyone could encourage this...

 

On the bright side, your French will be better because you will need that for your survival. :)

 

Anyway, this is just my opinion... :)

Edited by Love,
Posted

While I'm usually the first person to say "Go for your dreams", I do believe you are going about it the wrong way.

If you want to experience a new culture and learn a new language then go for it. But if you are going there JUST for Celine then, well, I would give you an abbreviated version of Sopha's message above.

 

I have lived in different countries so I know what it will be like for you. You are lucky you have a cousin there and, therefore, a place to crash at first. Realistically, however, I would say it's better to have a job and accommodation set up BEFORE you go. It's the middle of winter and jobs are scarce. Quite frankly, just the "middle of winter" part would turn me off..... brrrrr.... No thank you !!! I was in Ohio February 07 - NEVER again. You're in for a shock.

 

I'd suggest that you go just for the concert if you are going there just for Celine. Don't quit your job etc. It's not like Vegas. She won't be there for 5 years. But if it's for the cultural experience then do it, but prepare properly.

 

Do you need to have a visa or work permit?

Posted

I actually don't really know what to say about this...

 

Recently confronted with the to soon and unexpected dead of my mother I'm the first to say that it's important to live the life like you wan't it to be and enjoy every single minute on this lovely planet... Just because nobody can tell how long we will be on this planet... Some will die extremely young like some friend I had and died in a crash several years ago, some will die relatively young like my mother on 2nd Christmas day, others will die old like my grandfather a couple of years ago... My point is that you never know when it's over... Therefor I should agree that you have to follow your dreams if it's possible and for that reason I support your decission...

 

However...

 

I have some problems with the real reason of your actions... If the real reason is Céline Dion then I have a problem with it... Céline Dion is an artist like many in this world, she can be your idol but she is definately not your friend nor family... No person in this world should move because she or he can be in the neighbourhood of his or her idol... When it comes that far I think it becomes an obsession and that's dangerous actually... When you become obsessed with someone or something you will do things you really don't want to do... In rare cases this can even become dangerous for the artist and the person who is obsessed of him or her since actions can be taken that nobody really wants to take. Ok, maybe I'm getting to far but there are multiple cases known when people become obsessed with someone or something (even with normal persons, not only artists or famous people) and do things they actually don't want to do.

 

If the reason is really Céline Dion and you want to be close to her I suggest you think about it again, even talk about it with people you trust (friends, parents, family, etc...) because I really think you make the wrong decission...

 

Quitting your job is something you really don't want to do in those days. I don't know the situation in Mexico nor Canada but there is a worldwide recession and jobs are become rare on the market. If you have a really nice job and you earn some decent money with it reconsider it before quitting it... Most likely there is no way back for terminating your job... I even doubt that you can find work in Canada, again I don't know the laws but as far as I know you have to get a permit to work... Probably it's possible you have to get a visa also... With a tourist visa you can't work... And what about the jobs in Canada? Are there jobs available in the branch you are currently working or in the branch which you are skilled in? And then their is the language barrier, Montréal is a French region where French is the first language to talk. Have you have the skills to understand and talk in that language? The knowledge of a language is mostlikely very important to get a job...

 

And what about the money... Without a job you won't get any money... So I hope that you have enough savings to stay as long as you wish to stay... You can't count on getting a job you know... You have to be certain that you can bypass the time without working...

 

I strongly advise to think about it for a good time because I honestly think you are going to make a big mistake... There's no problem to follow dreams but you have to follow them for the correct reasons... And I honestly think that Céline Dion isn't a justified reason to leave everything behind you... You will probably regret it soon...

 

I honestly think that it's better to take just some time of and make indeed a trip to that were you want to be... If it's Montréal with a concert of Céline, so it will be... But at least then you can always go back to your trusted neighbourhood with your job and your home...

 

 

Just my 2 cents ;)

...
Posted

It is crazy but in a very good way :D

 

I wish you good luck and a great time in Canada....It's going to be great!!

 

I will go to California one day!! I have friends and relatives there... But this is not for Celine it's only for me :)

Posted
I wish you all the best!! What I'm getting from your post is that you're going to work in Montreal for a few months, and live with your cousin while getting better at your french! That's really admirable of you to just GO FOR IT! Good luck :hug:
Posted
I actually don't really know what to say about this...

 

Recently confronted with the to soon and unexpected dead of my mother I'm the first to say that it's important to live the life like you wan't it to be and enjoy every single minute on this lovely planet... Just because nobody can tell how long we will be on this planet... Some will die extremely young like some friend I had and died in a crash several years ago, some will die relatively young like my mother on 2nd Christmas day, others will die old like my grandfather a couple of years ago... My point is that you never know when it's over... Therefor I should agree that you have to follow your dreams if it's possible and for that reason I support your decission...

 

However...

 

I have some problems with the real reason of your actions... If the real reason is Céline Dion then I have a problem with it... Céline Dion is an artist like many in this world, she can be your idol but she is definately not your friend nor family... No person in this world should move because she or he can be in the neighbourhood of his or her idol... When it comes that far I think it becomes an obsession and that's dangerous actually... When you become obsessed with someone or something you will do things you really don't want to do... In rare cases this can even become dangerous for the artist and the person who is obsessed of him or her since actions can be taken that nobody really wants to take. Ok, maybe I'm getting to far but there are multiple cases known when people become obsessed with someone or something (even with normal persons, not only artists or famous people) and do things they actually don't want to do.

 

If the reason is really Céline Dion and you want to be close to her I suggest you think about it again, even talk about it with people you trust (friends, parents, family, etc...) because I really think you make the wrong decission...

 

Quitting your job is something you really don't want to do in those days. I don't know the situation in Mexico nor Canada but there is a worldwide recession and jobs are become rare on the market. If you have a really nice job and you earn some decent money with it reconsider it before quitting it... Most likely there is no way back for terminating your job... I even doubt that you can find work in Canada, again I don't know the laws but as far as I know you have to get a permit to work... Probably it's possible you have to get a visa also... With a tourist visa you can't work... And what about the jobs in Canada? Are there jobs available in the branch you are currently working or in the branch which you are skilled in? And then their is the language barrier, Montréal is a French region where French is the first language to talk. Have you have the skills to understand and talk in that language? The knowledge of a language is mostlikely very important to get a job...

 

And what about the money... Without a job you won't get any money... So I hope that you have enough savings to stay as long as you wish to stay... You can't count on getting a job you know... You have to be certain that you can bypass the time without working...

 

I strongly advise to think about it for a good time because I honestly think you are going to make a big mistake... There's no problem to follow dreams but you have to follow them for the correct reasons... And I honestly think that Céline Dion isn't a justified reason to leave everything behind you... You will probably regret it soon...

 

I honestly think that it's better to take just some time of and make indeed a trip to that were you want to be... If it's Montréal with a concert of Céline, so it will be... But at least then you can always go back to your trusted neighbourhood with your job and your home...

 

 

Just my 2 cents ;)

 

 

 

OH MY DION!! -_-

very well said...i love your advise..coz im also planning to work their but currently finding a job...its really difficult to find jobs in other country coz you need a visa and employer...oh my :confused:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2w5rhif.jpg

 

http://profiles.friendster.com/ivyjane

 

http://www.youtube.com/ivyjanel

Posted
i guess all i can say is follow your heart... but be careful... :)
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Posted
You must not be doing it because of Celine, because ya she is having a few concerts, but she wont be there after them, she will be off again.So if its just for Celine, then I hope its not permanent. Because Celine wont be permanently there. Go for it if there are other reasons besides Celine. But who am i to say. I dont know you or really what your reasons are. If you can and really want to do, but know Celine is always on the move.....Best of luck 2 ya and enjoy those concerts!!!!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted

Well well well

 

Thank you all so much for your feedback. Good and bad . I appreciate it.

 

Just to comment a little bit more about this choice.

 

Ok i'm not a psycho girl following Celine like an obbsessed maniac. :sofunny: you can stay calm .

 

I do this for many many reasons. First of all my parents when they got married went to live there for a year, so I've heard lots of stories about Montreal, the places and the weather too. Then my cousin is living there like I said and she came to Mexico for xmas and I had a chance to talk to her. She told me how the situation is over there and offered me to stay in her house. She's there doing a post PhD in Mc Gill university and her husband got a job and he didn't know French but he said you adapt to the situation.

 

I lived in Paris for a few months back when I was in university. So I do know some French...but it definetelly needs to be improved.

 

Second of all I'm not happy with my job right now. It is a well payed job yes. But it's in a very small town very boring. And the people although they are nice it's not like we're a family. I've had other jobs where you forget you are working...so I know they exists (I worked in DisneyWorld last year and it was the best time of my life)

 

Then, my sister just graduated from college and is looking for something to do with her life. So I told her hey why don't we go to the adventure. yes and instead of getting yourself a 9-5 boring desk job we go to Montreal work as waitress or baby sittters and travel a little bit around Canada...learn a little French and see snow for the first time in our lives ...so after a lot of talking and convincing her she said yes :)

 

Last but not least... Celine. Ok so it happens that in February Celine will be giving some concerts in Montreal. Plus, many of my friends from this forum will be there too . So it would be like a huge Celine party. I also have never been to a French concert of her so I know it will be special. I know she won't be in Montreal after the shows...I'm not moving over there to chase her down or stalk her or anything like that.

 

Well since I heard last year about the "law of attraction" i've learned that you create your own life. I was watching Oprah last week and she had this lady who had been VP of some Wall street bank. She had a very good salary but she was not happy with her job. So on her 30th bday she quit her job and now she's a trapecist !! so she earns about 10% what she earned before but she said she's never been happier. She said this was for all of us out there who were not happy with our jobs...like saying you can do what you've always dreamed of!

 

Just think about it....what do you say to taking chances?? Never knowing if there's solid ground below...

 

what do you say?

 

it's a risk yes, i know...believe me eventhough it is somewhat spontaneous i have been thinking about this a lot...

 

Laura i'll keep you posted of course on how it goes and I hope to see you in April in Mc Gill :) good luck to you too !!

 

thank you all again and i'll keep you posted :)

An angel was looking through,

It was you,

Yeah you...it's

189239_10150115379852858_614362857_6669246_5597381_n.jpg

You are the REASON.

Posted
Jime, If there is where your heart is, go for it. You'll never regreat it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpg

Antwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ Arras

Some people need no slogans or presentations.

 

 

 

And that was a wrap, folks!

Posted

Well!

First of all, that's great cause i think you were nice when i met you in NYC so it means i'll be able to see you!!

But what the "for Celine" means? Because she's never in Montreal/Quebec.. Between LA, NYC or Paris, Quebec is the place she do less promotion, when she's here, she's home and never there.. So if it's to see her, it's not a good idea.. But if you want to learn french and learn what is it to be Quebecois, than it's great! :D

http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Posted

At least you won't be going for the wrong reasons, that's a good thing to start... ;)

 

And if you are not happy with your job you can indeed think about changing... But again, these are not the golden days like we know them before. Companies are going broke, people have to leave because of economic reasons... However, if you are skilled in something or you have a decent degree you will always find a job... And yes, maybe you have to take the step... And I must admit I do admire you for that... I wished I could do it also, but I think I became one with my current employer where I work now for 7 years... I like it there and I can't complain about anything. Decent pay, company car, mobile phone, laptop, etc... And the most important: i'm free as a bird, I can do wat I like or even chose my hours if I want to. Although I do feel sometimes the same you do, wanting to explore the world and to move to another country. About 10 years ago I was offered a job in the USA to start a photo and video unit at a large firedepartment through someone I known back then. Decent salary, all the equipment I liked, my own SUV with lights & sirens, a very large budget to get some staff, even housing was included and also the necessary insurances. I declined because I didn't wanted to move out of Belgium, I didn't wanted to leave my family behind... When thinking about it again, it was probably the stupiest thing I ever done... But I liked the security from the familiar in my own country above the unfamiliar in a strange country...

 

I'm also thinking about moving out of the country and probably that day will come someday... When there is nobody arround anymore I will probably take the step also, but I think I will be in my fifthies then ;)

 

About Montréal: Are there still tickets for the concerts? Will there be tickets for sale on the days of the concert? Or are they all sold out?

...
Posted

Wow. Come on. We all know she's not a stalker...the title was a bit misleading, but her post stated she was going to move in with a cousin, better her french, and find a job. That woudln't even make sense. Celine isn't even in Montreal more than half the time...and she's not even IN Montreal when she's there...she's in Laval or somewhere outside of it. -_- I think it's great what you're doing. It will be difficult to find a job, but if you speak some french and waitressing is something you could start off with, you should be fine. I waitress right now part-time, and even that makes enough money to pay rent, etc. In a city, I could imagine tips would be pretty great. I also heard starbucks hires people who are not fluent in French. Although, that may not be ideal, you could brush up on your french like you side, and find something else later on.

 

This is why I haven't told my family, because I will get this same reaction. "You're moving there because of Celine...wrong choice yaddy ya". No, I'm moving there because I am happy when I am there. There is something honestly peaceful about Montreal. After working in NYC, I've seen that Montreal is cleaner, safer, and the people are friendly. I love NY, but I always found myself feeling anxious. With everything going on in the world...in that city...you never know what will happen each day, and it's scary. I'm paranoid about everything though...that's just me. But, people are more carefree up there, and that's nice.

 

You're too young to be in a job you hate. If you have the resources, like a place to stay, like you said you do, I don't see it being a problem. The worst that can happen is you don't like it up there and move back home. If that's the case, you'll just be out of a job you hated, and be able to find something else you enjoy more.

 

Anyway, yes there are still tickets, you just have to find them. I bought mine last week. There are some available on ticketmaster still for single tickets on the floor last time I checked. People on here are selling them, and ticketexchange is selling them...overpriced...but selling them.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg

Posted

wow this is BIG!!! :w00t:

 

If this is what you really truely want to do at this moment in your life AND you are able to do it,then DO IT!!

 

Iv had many missed oppertunities in my life and a few regrets along with them.

If this is what you want to do and then you dont do it,it could possibly turn into a big regret in your life.

You are young,if it doesnt work out the worst that happens is you have to go home(which is so not a bad thing,but thats what i mean by that).

 

Just live your life,follow your dreams,you never know what could happen! :clap:

 

and you are exactly right to quote Celine,sometimes you have to take chances in life,its NOT going to be handed to you on a plate!

 

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES!! :kisss:

CHOCOLATE is the answer....I don't give a damn what the question was!

 

post-12635-0-89761500-1424796798_thumb.png

Posted

You know what? If it's truly something you want to do, then by all means, do so!

It does seem quite out there, but life is short, so do whatever it is that make you happiest. :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
Wow. Come on. We all know she's not a stalker...the title was a bit misleading, but her post stated she was going to move in with a cousin, better her french, and find a job. That woudln't even make sense. Celine isn't even in Montreal more than half the time...and she's not even IN Montreal when she's there...she's in Laval or somewhere outside of it. -_-

Indeed. Funny some people think she's a psycho stalker. She should move to Florida if that's the case.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted

Well, now that you have explained yourself more clearly it sounds like you know what you're doing, so go ahead and have a blast :clap: Keep us posted on your adventures :flowers:

 

 

 

Well well well

 

Thank you all so much for your feedback. Good and bad . I appreciate it.

 

Just to comment a little bit more about this choice.

 

Ok i'm not a psycho girl following Celine like an obbsessed maniac. :sofunny: you can stay calm .

 

I do this for many many reasons. First of all my parents when they got married went to live there for a year, so I've heard lots of stories about Montreal, the places and the weather too. Then my cousin is living there like I said and she came to Mexico for xmas and I had a chance to talk to her. She told me how the situation is over there and offered me to stay in her house. She's there doing a post PhD in Mc Gill university and her husband got a job and he didn't know French but he said you adapt to the situation.

 

I lived in Paris for a few months back when I was in university. So I do know some French...but it definetelly needs to be improved.

 

Second of all I'm not happy with my job right now. It is a well payed job yes. But it's in a very small town very boring. And the people although they are nice it's not like we're a family. I've had other jobs where you forget you are working...so I know they exists (I worked in DisneyWorld last year and it was the best time of my life)

 

Then, my sister just graduated from college and is looking for something to do with her life. So I told her hey why don't we go to the adventure. yes and instead of getting yourself a 9-5 boring desk job we go to Montreal work as waitress or baby sittters and travel a little bit around Canada...learn a little French and see snow for the first time in our lives ...so after a lot of talking and convincing her she said yes :)

 

Last but not least... Celine. Ok so it happens that in February Celine will be giving some concerts in Montreal. Plus, many of my friends from this forum will be there too . So it would be like a huge Celine party. I also have never been to a French concert of her so I know it will be special. I know she won't be in Montreal after the shows...I'm not moving over there to chase her down or stalk her or anything like that.

 

Well since I heard last year about the "law of attraction" i've learned that you create your own life. I was watching Oprah last week and she had this lady who had been VP of some Wall street bank. She had a very good salary but she was not happy with her job. So on her 30th bday she quit her job and now she's a trapecist !! so she earns about 10% what she earned before but she said she's never been happier. She said this was for all of us out there who were not happy with our jobs...like saying you can do what you've always dreamed of!

 

Just think about it....what do you say to taking chances?? Never knowing if there's solid ground below...

 

what do you say?

 

it's a risk yes, i know...believe me eventhough it is somewhat spontaneous i have been thinking about this a lot...

 

Laura i'll keep you posted of course on how it goes and I hope to see you in April in Mc Gill :) good luck to you too !!

 

thank you all again and i'll keep you posted :)

Posted
Indeed. Funny some people think she's a psycho stalker. She should move to Florida if that's the case.

 

Hey hey, take it easy ;)

 

You have to admit that the titel and the initial post was somewhat misleading. It seamed that she wanted to move because of Céline. :xmas_ph34r:

 

Mea Culpa ;) :xmasblush:

...
Posted
Indeed. Funny some people think she's a psycho stalker. She should move to Florida if that's the case.

Hey hey, take it easy ;)

You have to admit that the titel and the initial post was somewhat misleading. It seamed that she wanted to move because of Céline. :xmas_ph34r:

Mea Culpa ;) :xmasblush:

Ok yeah I see your point guys. The title could be a bit misleading...what can I say... once the decision was made one of the first things I thought about was sharing it here in the forum. I may have been a bit too excited when I wrote that first post...but in a way if I hadn't known Celine I don't think I would chose Montreal for this adventure...oh and i was in Florida last year when Celine went to Epcot with RC for his 7th birthday. Imagine my

 

Well!

First of all, that's great cause i think you were nice when i met you in NYC so it means i'll be able to see you!!

But what the "for Celine" means? Because she's never in Montreal/Quebec.. Between LA, NYC or Paris, Quebec is the place she do less promotion, when she's here, she's home and never there.. So if it's to see her, it's not a good idea.. But if you want to learn french and learn what is it to be Quebecois, than it's great! :D

Hey JP :bye1: thanks a lot I really think you were very nice too. You were very helpful when I was waiting for Tam at the box office...remember me with the celinedionforum banner?? :shy: I was very worried Tam wouldn't show up with my tickets but you told me she was running a little late and not to worry which totally helped me calm down :xmas_smile:

 

The " for Celine" part actually means that if it wasn't for Celine I wouldnt be doing this. She's a big part of my motivation to take this risk and embark in this adventure. Also of course yes I want to learn French (with quebecois accent please :P) so that someday when I meet her I'll be able to tell her in her native language a big thank you for everything she represents in my life. That and also that Montreal is like Celineland...you know when I went there in 2001 it was the festival for laughs and in the street there was one of those things in the pavement that technicians use to cover the big wires so that people don't step and trip on them ...well this thing had the Celine logo printed on it!! With the heart and everything! I was like you gotta be kidding me she's even in the pavement here!! No, but really just being there also for the concerts and all I think it would be a great experience. That's what "for Celine" means...it could also be "thanks to Celine".

 

I'm also thinking about moving out of the country and probably that day will come someday... When there is nobody arround anymore I will probably take the step also, but I think I will be in my fifthies then ;)

About Montréal: Are there still tickets for the concerts? Will there be tickets for sale on the days of the concert? Or are they all sold out?

well for the tickets I don't worry too much. Last time I bought in this forum my tickets for Newark and NYC kinda last minute and I ended up getting the best seats i've ever got in my life. I saw Celine soooo close and it was a bargain. Actually it was thanks to Laura and some help from above too...I will be forever grateful for that :flowers:

and about moving to another country...it's never too late to go and realize your dreams!

 

You're too young to be in a job you hate. If you have the resources, like a place to stay, like you said you do, I don't see it being a problem. The worst that can happen is you don't like it up there and move back home. If that's the case, you'll just be out of a job you hated, and be able to find something else you enjoy more.

Thank you so much girl. You are so right...really if you put it that way I have nothing to lose. And a lot to win. Really the way I see it I'm running a much bigger risk if I stay here and I lose this opportunity and I miss out on what can become a great experience.

An angel was looking through,

It was you,

Yeah you...it's

189239_10150115379852858_614362857_6669246_5597381_n.jpg

You are the REASON.

Posted

Follow your heart and you can never go wrong !! I hope it all works out for you. Go for it :)

If it doesnt it will be an experience you will never forget. And seeing some Celine shows while you are at it is just the cherry on the cake :wub:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpg

Goodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End,

They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]

If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!

~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~

--> Click For Free Mammograms <--

Posted

I lived in Montreal for 7 months. Winter is really cold and dark.

 

I loved the city and the people, but I'd just say one thing: do it well plained, working in montreal without a work permit is pretty hard to find a job there. If you have the work permit just go for it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted
I lived in Montreal for 7 months. Winter is really cold and dark.

 

I loved the city and the people, but I'd just say one thing: do it well plained, working in montreal without a work permit is pretty hard to find a job there. If you have the work permit just go for it.

 

Do you know how to obtain a work permit? I was under the impression that you had to find a job first who was willing to sponsor you? I'm confused haha.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg

Posted
Good luck! :thumbsup2:

My Taking Chances World Tour

Amsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11

Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40

Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2

 

 

Bruce freakin' Springsteen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...