Jump to content

Celine Dion enters top spot for North American Concert Tours


Recommended Posts

Posted

From Canadian Press guys....excellent news and a big difference from the number 1 spot :clap:

 

Celine Dion moves into top spot in North American concert tours

5 hours ago

 

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city (in U.S. dollars) and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

 

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

 

1. (New) Celine Dion; $4,607,183; $126.41.

 

2. (1) Kenny Chesney; $1,743,601; $65.41.

 

3. (2) Coldplay; $1,674,011; $83.71.

 

4. (4) The Police; $1,542,921; $100.81.

 

5. (3) Neil Diamond; $1,485,927; $86.58.

 

6. (5) Dave Matthews Band; $1,099,901; $49.13.

 

7. (6) Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers; $1,082,550; $63.37.

 

8. (New) Radiohead; $1,031,209; $48.08.

 

9. (7) Rascal Flatts; $917,900; $50.49.

 

10. (8) Jonas Brothers; $756,571; $41.53.

 

11. (9) Jack Johnson; $745,103; $39.32.

 

12. (10) Journey; $687,514; $49.64.

 

13. (11) "American Idols Live"; $610,120; $60.68.

 

14. (12) Rush; $550,009; $61.28.

 

15. (13) John Mayer; $528,836; $39.29.

 

16. (15) Motley Crue; $493,330; $44.98.

 

17. (18) Brad Paisley; $454,420; $34.71.

 

18. (17) Counting Crows / Maroon 5; $450,597; $38.26.

 

19. (19) Def Leppard; $422,577; $60.97.

 

20. (20) "Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival" Slipknot / Disturbed; $401,936; $33.45.

Posted
YAY!!!! Awesome that she's #1...doesn't surprise me one bit...I'd like to think I contributed A LOT to her being in the #1 spot :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: with 5 shows in just over a week, hehe!!!

I'm a twin mommy just like Celine!

Sophia and Anthony arrived on December 28, 2010

 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f380/SarahJB5/asblockssmaller.jpg

Posted

shes "taking Chance" with those prices lol

 

Great Job Celine & Team!!

Posted
Thats awesome! She totally owned everyone else!! Congrats Celine! :clap: Although to be honest it doesnt really suprise me!
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Posted
sweeeeet! Celine rocks! ... although on a technical point, she's sooo far ahead because her tix price is double almost everyone elses (except the police) but even if you cut her total in half to even it out, she still ahead by half a mil! I suppose it also says something though that people are willing to pay for her tickets :)

. . .Live to Love Celine Dion <3

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/java05.jpghttp://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/xo1hrt4celineox/8839047.png

Posted

it didn't surprise me, but what can we expect for someone as big as celine? Celine and Madonna will always be the queens of tour. i'm so proud of her. :wub:

 

I-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!!! :clap:

Posted

She is on a rollll! Way to go Celine! :clap: :cheer:

Also notice that her average ticket price is the highest of all the rest LOL

We love her too much. :lol:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
Also take into consideration that her ticket prices are a great deal higher than most others.
Posted
Woooah.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Posted
:clap: Great news! She really is way above everyone else on that list. Now I don't feel so bad about the high ticket prices. :giggle:
Posted
About friking time I say Celine deserves to be number 1 this year and stay at number 1 hopefully. :clap: :w00t:
Posted

Yep, that's fab!

But the American leg of Madonna's tour is beginning soon, and since she had some major success in sales in Europe, probably she'll beat Celine to the first place.

Let's wait and see.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted
Celine has many more dates than Madonna though doesn't she?
Posted (edited)
Yes, she does, but Madonna made over 100,000,000$ only in Europe and it's already been predicted that the Sticky and Sweet tour will surpass the record tour gross of Confessions tour... ANd if that is true, then Celine doesn't stand a chance, unfrotunately :( Edited by Der_Griffon

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted
No, Madonna can't win. Celine had much more than $100,000,000 in Euro and Asia... already. And many more dates for the US.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
that is great congratulations to celine on her tour being number one.
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp339/Mia_84/Tumlum/Perfume/celine-dion-chic.jpg
Posted
wow that's really great - wish her a lot more success with the tour!
Posted
No, Madonna can't win. Celine had much more than $100,000,000 in Euro and Asia... already. And many more dates for the US.

 

I couldn't be so sure about it, especially if her tour grosses are higher than the record breaking ones from the Confessions tour.

I know that we now really need Celine to be number 1 in anything, but i'd just wait and see. Naturally, I'll be happier if Celine stays at the top.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg

 

March 15th and 16th 2011, Las Vegas

Thank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!

Posted
The thing is the media will just say Madonna's was Number One or Year's Highest Grossong Tour just because. So it matters not unfortunately
Posted
Awesome, I'm glad her tour is doing great here :cheer:
Posted
That's amazing! Even more amazing when you see that people paid so much more too see her than anybody else. I think she'll make double on this tour compared to her Vegas show, and tha't in just one year!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...