DianaLuts Posted September 3, 2008 at 10:05 PM Posted September 3, 2008 at 10:05 PM They haven't even asked us for the membership card. The only thing was that they needed an ID and a credit card used to purchase tickets. All that needed to match the name on the order. Quote
MPooh Posted September 4, 2008 at 01:19 AM Author Posted September 4, 2008 at 01:19 AM I know all the North American concert tickets are sold on ticketmaster but I know for a fact that all events at Scotiabank Place are sold on www.capitaltickets.ca It still doesn't show on the Capital Tickets' website but look for it in the next couple days.. Quote
JP Posted September 5, 2008 at 04:01 AM Posted September 5, 2008 at 04:01 AM I'm going for sure! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
MPooh Posted September 5, 2008 at 01:28 PM Author Posted September 5, 2008 at 01:28 PM Event Fact Sheet posted on scotiabankplace.com http://www2.scotiabankplace.com/eng/events...amp;eventID=392 Quote
candicat98 Posted September 5, 2008 at 03:50 PM Posted September 5, 2008 at 03:50 PM (edited) Thanks everyone for your quick replies to my questions. Here's another one and hopefully my last one. I bought my ticket through Ticketmaster this morning through the Team Celine pre-sale. I opened an account with Ticketmaster with my personal information but my mother payed with her credit card (my early Christmas present) and when I finalized the transaction, the confirmation says the ticket holder is my mother instead of me. Obviously my mother will have to come and pick-up the tickets with me on the day of the venue since she needs to show ID and her credit card but do you think I'll have problems obtaining the tickets since I'm the Team Celine member but my mom's name is on the confirmation???? Edited September 5, 2008 at 03:52 PM by candicat98 Quote
Costa Santos Posted September 5, 2008 at 08:14 PM Posted September 5, 2008 at 08:14 PM Thanks everyone for your quick replies to my questions. Here's another one and hopefully my last one. I bought my ticket through Ticketmaster this morning through the Team Celine pre-sale. I opened an account with Ticketmaster with my personal information but my mother payed with her credit card (my early Christmas present) and when I finalized the transaction, the confirmation says the ticket holder is my mother instead of me. Obviously my mother will have to come and pick-up the tickets with me on the day of the venue since she needs to show ID and her credit card but do you think I'll have problems obtaining the tickets since I'm the Team Celine member but my mom's name is on the confirmation????No... I also purchased some of my TeamCeline tickets with my mother's credit card - she didn't come with me. All I had to do was show them my printed Your TeamCeline page, the impression of the e-mail confirmation and the credit card used to puchase the tickets... Done. Some minutes later, I got 'em. Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
candicat98 Posted September 6, 2008 at 08:10 PM Posted September 6, 2008 at 08:10 PM Thanks everyone for your quick replies to my questions. Here's another one and hopefully my last one. I bought my ticket through Ticketmaster this morning through the Team Celine pre-sale. I opened an account with Ticketmaster with my personal information but my mother payed with her credit card (my early Christmas present) and when I finalized the transaction, the confirmation says the ticket holder is my mother instead of me. Obviously my mother will have to come and pick-up the tickets with me on the day of the venue since she needs to show ID and her credit card but do you think I'll have problems obtaining the tickets since I'm the Team Celine member but my mom's name is on the confirmation????No... I also purchased some of my TeamCeline tickets with my mother's credit card - she didn't come with me. All I had to do was show them my printed Your TeamCeline page, the impression of the e-mail confirmation and the credit card used to puchase the tickets... Done. Some minutes later, I got 'em.Thanks for your answer Costa Santos! But I think I'll bring my mother with me to pick-up the tickets just in case! Quote
Costa Santos Posted September 6, 2008 at 09:00 PM Posted September 6, 2008 at 09:00 PM Thanks everyone for your quick replies to my questions. Here's another one and hopefully my last one. I bought my ticket through Ticketmaster this morning through the Team Celine pre-sale. I opened an account with Ticketmaster with my personal information but my mother payed with her credit card (my early Christmas present) and when I finalized the transaction, the confirmation says the ticket holder is my mother instead of me. Obviously my mother will have to come and pick-up the tickets with me on the day of the venue since she needs to show ID and her credit card but do you think I'll have problems obtaining the tickets since I'm the Team Celine member but my mom's name is on the confirmation????No... I also purchased some of my TeamCeline tickets with my mother's credit card - she didn't come with me. All I had to do was show them my printed Your TeamCeline page, the impression of the e-mail confirmation and the credit card used to puchase the tickets... Done. Some minutes later, I got 'em.Thanks for your answer Costa Santos! But I think I'll bring my mother with me to pick-up the tickets just in case! My pleasure... Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
mcbg1 Posted October 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM Posted October 29, 2008 at 12:07 AM (edited) OMG I just got front row tickets to this concert! It'll be my first Celine concert too. I'm so excited!!!! Does anyone know if she'll be singing French songs like at the Montreal concerts or will she use her usual English setlist? I think she should sing as many French songs as possible since Ottawa is so close to Quebec and I'm sure many francophones will be there... Edited October 29, 2008 at 12:08 AM by mcbg1 Quote
Kye Posted October 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Posted October 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Have Fun! Quote Du Soleil Au Coeur
JP Posted November 4, 2008 at 04:23 AM Posted November 4, 2008 at 04:23 AM OMG I just got front row tickets to this concert! It'll be my first Celine concert too. I'm so excited!!!! Does anyone know if she'll be singing French songs like at the Montreal concerts or will she use her usual English setlist? I think she should sing as many French songs as possible since Ottawa is so close to Quebec and I'm sure many francophones will be there...It will be the English version so the only french song will be Pour que tu m'aimes encore! I think it will be a special night since it's her 1st show since she's sick and move 2 concert! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
sammybear Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:00 PM Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:00 PM Is she going to cancel her show in Ottawa or will it still be on Friday Thanks Quote
celinevegas Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:13 PM Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:13 PM Is she going to cancel her show in Ottawa or will it still be on Friday ThanksThe show is at present confirmed, it is continued to believe in it.. Quote "2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France 5 July 2008 Nice France 16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA 9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA 15 Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258171336241.jpg
nuts2you Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:34 PM Posted November 5, 2008 at 09:34 PM I getting antis if that a word. I has been to loooooong now. I want my CELINE, AND I WANT HER NOW. I have been listening to my Ipod everyday now, and can't WAIT any looonger.PLS send help.I sure do missss her.Oh is it Fri yet Quote
Chellbie Posted November 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM Posted November 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM i HAVE high hopes for you all! =) its going to be a very strong show if she does indeed keep it scheduled! HAVE FUN!! =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
Shesings2me Posted November 6, 2008 at 08:56 AM Posted November 6, 2008 at 08:56 AM Yes, have fun in Ottawa with Celine everyone. I hope another forum member does their research and tries to catch her before or after the show. Good luck and enjoy! Mcbg1: have a complete blast; so exciting that it's your first Celine concert. Don't cry too much...or do...'cause our beautiful chanteuse is going to make you very happy!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
anewdayhascome Posted November 6, 2008 at 09:37 AM Posted November 6, 2008 at 09:37 AM Have fun!Hope Celine is fine Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
candicat98 Posted November 6, 2008 at 01:40 PM Posted November 6, 2008 at 01:40 PM Both The Ottawa Sun and The Ottawa Citizen newspapers say the concert is still scheduled so cross EVERY body part you can!!!! hee hee hee Quote
Bellamy Posted November 6, 2008 at 05:10 PM Posted November 6, 2008 at 05:10 PM The Ottawa Citizen newspaper interviewed Ramona by telephone, cause she won't be there tonight. Her devoted fans will go on ...Katie Daubs, The Ottawa CitizenPublished: Thursday, November 06, 2008 Céline Dion fans know better than to listen to the haters. To her fans, Dion is a wonderful singer, a fundraising champion and -- above everything else -- a genuinely nice person. All this criticism, all this negative energy? Just words. "Just like Céline, we ignore it. Live and let live," said Ramona Almirez from her California home, where anyone who calls will hear Dion sing while they wait for Almirez to answer. The 62-year-old is unabashed in her love for the Quebec singer. She even bought a Las Vegas condo -- which made seeing Dion's show there a whole lot easier. "If I spend my money on Céline at least I get immediate gratification," said the former scientist with Johnson and Johnson. The path Almirez has taken to see Dion reads like a Johnny Cash lyric. She's been to Winnipeg, Montreal and Vancouver. She won't be in Ottawa tomorrow for Dion's show at Scotiabank Place, but she is planning a trip to Denver for a concert in a few weeks. "She has a way of making her fans feel special," she said. "The minute she sees some fans, she rolls down her windows and talks to us, and has her photo taken. It keeps me coming back." Gatineau resident Lucie Dazé agrees. She was unable to get tickets for tomorrow's show, but she saw Dion in Montreal in August, and saw her Las Vegas show, A New Day, last year. "She really cares about people and you feel so close to her," Dazé said. "She's like an open book, the way she talks about her family, you feel like you're part of the family." Dazé said most people she knows like Dion's music. She even has her husband hooked. The key, Dazé said, is Dion's sincerity. "It's not a fake thing. That's why people love her so much. She really cares about you and her fans and the world." For Ottawan Wally Speckert, that caring has been a tangible thing. Speckert, 48, has cystic fibrosis, an incurable hereditary disease that affects the lungs, and usually leads to system failure. Dion's niece, Karine, died of the disease at age 16. Dion has been an active fundraiser for the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation since 1982 -- a year when Speckert was, he admits, more into rock and roll. But as he became more involved with the national foundation, he came to appreciate her music on a whole other level. "There's 3,600 people who have the disease in Canada. It's kind of lonely, kind of scary. They tell you you're supposed to die soon, and who's going to help you?" he said. "When a mega global star like Céline Dion helps, it does so much good, psychologically, for CF and our family." Speckert has met Dion twice, but has never been to a concert. That'll change tomorrow: he and his fiancée have tickets to the show. He adds that it's not just her charitable work that makes him a fan. "I just love her voice," he said. "It's a tremendous, amazing voice." As for those who don't like her voice, well, Speckert said that anyone who is famous is targetted for criticism for one reason or another. "Maybe she is a diva, but you still have to look at her contribution to society," he said. "I really admire and respect her and I'm very appreciative of what she's done."http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/a...22c&k=30603 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
KimboCosmo Posted November 6, 2008 at 05:42 PM Posted November 6, 2008 at 05:42 PM Great phone interview, Ramona! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Koolan Posted November 6, 2008 at 06:00 PM Posted November 6, 2008 at 06:00 PM Another article with reference to mhwgo on the title. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
jjlovescéline Posted November 6, 2008 at 06:11 PM Posted November 6, 2008 at 06:11 PM Before attending Céline's show, "A New Day," last year when it was shown in our local movie theater, all of us girls met for dinner. I, of course, told the server we were going to see Céline! She said, "She has an amazing voice. It's not my type of music, but you have to admit she has a fantastic voice." WELL SAID!!! How refreshing it was for me to hear these words from this young woman (and it wasn't to get a big tip) and I thanked her! If they were being honest, I think most "haters" would admit Céline has an amazing voice and character, but that her music just isn't their style. Ramona -- you're so famous! Quote
Chellbie Posted November 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM WONDERFUL interview ramona! *classy* I'm so excited for you guys! have fun and give a warm welcome as I know you will! =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
Shesings2me Posted November 7, 2008 at 02:31 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 02:31 AM What a beautifully written article; so caring and responsible of the writer to touch the amazingly down-to-earth, generous side of our diva. And such a pleasure that our dear Ramona was also consulted and quoted. Way to go Celine, and way to go Ramona. Love yous, T:) Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
mcbg1 Posted November 7, 2008 at 02:33 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 02:33 AM Ah I'm SO excited about tomorrow. I really hope Celine is feeling better by now. I'm still hoping she'll sing a few French songs tomorrow. Her and Rene have to know Ottawa is basically a francophone town lol, Quote
JP Posted November 7, 2008 at 03:14 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 03:14 AM I'm so excited for tomorrow too!! I just receive a mail from Feeling Productions saying that Celine is still sick but she's fine to do a concert! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
mcbg1 Posted November 7, 2008 at 03:42 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 03:42 AM I'm so excited for tomorrow too!! I just receive a mail from Feeling Productions saying that Celine is still sick but she's fine to do a concert! uh oh, what does the email say exactly? I hope she's in good shape tomorrow. Quote
ashleylovesceline Posted November 7, 2008 at 04:29 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 04:29 AM She's still sick? What does that mean? I don't want her to go on if she still needs to recooperate. Quote
celinevegas Posted November 7, 2008 at 08:49 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 08:49 AM She's still sick? What does that mean? I don't want her to go on if she still needs to recooperate. Ah check?She gives the show or not this evening? Quote "2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France 5 July 2008 Nice France 16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA 9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA 15 Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258171336241.jpg
celineangel7 Posted November 7, 2008 at 09:06 AM Posted November 7, 2008 at 09:06 AM Woah! I hope this doesn't have an after effect if she does this show while still recovering you know like having to rest again. Fine to do a concert must mean she wants to go ahead with it. Best wishes for a full speedy recovery. I hope she sounds awesome for you all. Have fun and give us details after. Quote * December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine! Dream #1 accomplished. While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily! She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus! She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me. I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.