Jump to content

Celine Says the Darnest Things...


Recommended Posts

Posted
I was watching a clip last night when she said she was going to "bring up the Christmas tree." Not hilariously funny, but it made me smile. :)
Posted
that french interview from "sept à huit" somebody already mentioned was kinda strange (my opinion of course! ;))! i really asked myself on which kind of trip she was on! ;) she said things like "you've never heard my real voice"! of course i knew what she meant by this, but that was bizarre. and she was talking about maria callas haunting her since ever, and stuff...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Smiley7/plaines1.jpg

 

taking chances world tour:

paris (19.05.), amsterdam (02.06.), zurich (24.06.), milano (03.07.), geneva (09.07.)

montréal (15.08.), québec city (22.08.), montréal (25.08.)

Posted
Yeah what is her obsession with Maria Callas? I don't speak enough French to really understand it. It's kind of weird.
Posted
Sometimes, it still amazes me what she has achieved considering that English isn't her native tongue. The other divas didn't have a language barrier to overcome on their way to eminence.
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted (edited)
We say this about Celine all the time (we love her not only for her talent but because she's so good on the inside. She oozes warmth and love) There is also a sense of "innocence" or "naivete" (I don't know how to explain what I mean here :D )

 

I know exactly what you mean. My sister-in-law is from Puerto Rico and has been in the US for about 14 years or so. She actually didn't speak much english at all when my brother met her (10 years ago). Now she speaks english very well, but sometimes she'll say the cutest things! :yes: (When she thinks she is saying "Oh my goodness" she says "Oh my goossness" or when you tell her she looks pretty she'll say "I know" instead of thank you! :laugh: ) I know to other people it might sound odd or conceited, but it's more innocent. :innocent: I love her even more for it, because when we laugh or joke about it, she just laughs right along with us, because she knows we aren't making fun of her, we love her and just think it's cute .

 

I remember one incident when Celine was upset on the Larry King Live show. She meant to say "when she turned on the TV", but instead she said when she "opened" the TV. Some people I know started making comments about it and I had to explain that in French, that's probably how it would have come out. She was too upset to translate it correctly.

 

Another person I know said she hated Celine Dion because she was stuck up :o I couldn't understand why she would say that so I asked her to explain why. I guess during an interview Celine was talking about Renee's cancer and she said, "I don't understand, why us? We have everything. We are happy." Now, I know Celine would never have said anything like that purposefully :no: ! But I just said to this person (a friend of a friend) that Celine was upset and didn't know how to translate her feelings. What she probably meant was that she knew they had a happy life and everything money could buy, but she would rather give those things up and have Renee healthy for many, many years. The person I was talking to happens to be married to a man who also speaks another language so I used that, thinking she would understand better. She said she agreed with me. Hopefully, I turned another hater into a lover! :wub:

Edited by Celinesongs

"...I offer what you cannot buy,

devoted love, until we die"

~Je t'aime, Céline!

 

http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg

Posted
We say this about Celine all the time (we love her not only for her talent but because she's so good on the inside. She oozes warmth and love) There is also a sense of "innocence" or "naivete" (I don't know how to explain what I mean here :D )

 

I know exactly what you mean. My sister-in-law is from Puerto Rico and has been in the US for about 14 years or so. She actually didn't speak much english at all when my brother met her (10 years ago). Now she speaks english very well, but sometimes she'll say the cutest things! :yes: (When she thinks she is saying "Oh my goodness" she says "Oh my goossness" or when you tell her she looks pretty she'll say "I know" instead of thank you! :laugh: ) I know to other people it might sound odd or conceited, but it's more innocent. :innocent: I love her even more for it, because when we laugh or joke about it, she just laughs right along with us, because she knows we aren't making fun of her, we love her and just think it's cute .

 

I remember one incident when Celine was upset on the Larry King Live show. She meant to say "when she turned on the TV", but instead she said when she "opened" the TV. Some people I know started making comments about it and I had to explain that in French, that's probably how it would have come out. She was too upset to translate it correctly.

 

Another person I know said she hated Celine Dion because she was stuck up :o I couldn't understand why she would say that so I asked her to explain why. I guess during an interview Celine was talking about Renee's cancer and she said, "I don't understand, why us? We have everything. We are happy." Now, I know Celine would never have said anything like that purposefully :no: ! But I just said to this person (a friend of a friend) that Celine was upset and didn't know how to translate her feelings. What she probably meant was that she knew they had a happy life and everything money could buy, but she would rather give those things up and have Renee healthy for many, many years. The person I was talking to happens to be married to a man who also speaks another language so I used that, thinking she would understand better. She said she agreed with me. Hopefully, I turned another hater into a lover! :wub:

 

I think Céline makes the same mistake every time she's talking about turning on the TV/radio. She has said that during a few interviews (I don't remember where and when).

 

BTW, I didn't know what strum meant either! :blushing1: :lol:

My Taking Chances World Tour

Amsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11

Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40

Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2

 

 

Bruce freakin' Springsteen

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...