Angel, You thrill me Posted March 26, 2008 at 03:59 AM Posted March 26, 2008 at 03:59 AM Bellamy closes topics like celine changes shoes.....way to much lol!!! and i've always loved the way celine voice has sounded, i never noticed a change Quote http://www.lady-gaga.net/images/layout11/2.pngAlejandro Alejandro ALEALEJANDRO ALEALEJANDROOO
Black Kitten Posted March 26, 2008 at 05:09 AM Posted March 26, 2008 at 05:09 AM Vegas Celine- looks old but classy. nasal, but fine. sexy but sometimes inappropriate with her wardrobe choices (why choose a beyonce look in singin RDMH? it would be much better if she sang that song with the white coat). she seem so insencere when she's talking with the audience. Tour Celine- looks more youthful than ever. she makes the audience go crazy with every performance. she communicates with her audience really well on her tours (she laughs with them, she talks more). nasal, but hell yeah! celine still got it! so i prefer the 'touring celine' than celine being trapped in vegas lol Quote
Bell Posted March 26, 2008 at 03:56 PM Posted March 26, 2008 at 03:56 PM Well, I don't know... There IS a difference but I'm not sure what the reason is. I don't know what to think about this... Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
meanttofly Posted March 26, 2008 at 06:01 PM Posted March 26, 2008 at 06:01 PM I really think this topic is great. I love how she seems to be having real fun on stage again. She looks MUCH more relaxed and that´s obvious when you listen to the growing improvisations on the songs (A New Day has Come on Seoul proves it). She´s even changing the old songs we´ve all hear one million times (finally). She seems so much younger and fresh in every way. As another southamerican fan loosing his hopes of ever attending a celine concert, all I have left are my expectations on a great DVD: MY LOVE / ANDHC / THA´T S THE WAY IT IS / FADE AWAY and SURPRISE SURPRISE on the final English encore (I wouldn´t miss Love can move, Shadow of love or Can´t fight the feeling), and an almost COMPLETELY FRENCH TRACKLIST for the French concerts including ON SÉST AIMÉ À CAUSE. Quote
karatedude317 Posted March 26, 2008 at 09:34 PM Author Posted March 26, 2008 at 09:34 PM (edited) I really think this topic is great. I love how she seems to be having real fun on stage again. She looks MUCH more relaxed and that´s obvious when you listen to the growing improvisations on the songs (A New Day has Come on Seoul proves it). She´s even changing the old songs we´ve all hear one million times (finally). She seems so much younger and fresh in every way. As another southamerican fan loosing his hopes of ever attending a celine concert, all I have left are my expectations on a great DVD: MY LOVE / ANDHC / THA´T S THE WAY IT IS / FADE AWAY and SURPRISE SURPRISE on the final English encore (I wouldn´t miss Love can move, Shadow of love or Can´t fight the feeling), and an almost COMPLETELY FRENCH TRACKLIST for the French concerts including ON SÉST AIMÉ À CAUSE. Thanks I'm glad this topic is causing some good discussions. i'M SOOOOOOO glad that she sings the remix version of ANDHC!!!!!!! Edited March 26, 2008 at 09:37 PM by karatedude317 Quote
Black Kitten Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:32 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:32 AM when i compare the 'Vegas Celine' in 2003 (when celine's father passed away), when she's singing WAWW, and the 'Tour Celine' 2008 (especially when she sang FA, dunno about what country), can't believe how young she looks now. she's 35 then, but she looks 60. right now she's 40, she looks like 35. amazing! Quote
scorp82 Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:34 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:34 AM I really think this topic is great. I love how she seems to be having real fun on stage again. She looks MUCH more relaxed and that´s obvious when you listen to the growing improvisations on the songs (A New Day has Come on Seoul proves it). She´s even changing the old songs we´ve all hear one million times (finally). She seems so much younger and fresh in every way. As another southamerican fan loosing his hopes of ever attending a celine concert, all I have left are my expectations on a great DVD: MY LOVE / ANDHC / THA´T S THE WAY IT IS / FADE AWAY and SURPRISE SURPRISE on the final English encore (I wouldn´t miss Love can move, Shadow of love or Can´t fight the feeling), and an almost COMPLETELY FRENCH TRACKLIST for the French concerts including ON SÉST AIMÉ À CAUSE. Thanks I'm glad this topic is causing some good discussions. i'M SOOOOOOO glad that she sings the remix version of ANDHC!!!!!!! We will see if Celine continues to perform ANDHC in this tour. I am sure she will sing it again. Then again, remember that Celine only performed ANDHC on March 18 in Seoul. If I am not mistaken, she did not perform the song on the March 19 concert. Quote
C<3sCeline Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM I hope Fade Away becomes a single at some point even if it's not the next single. I hope it becomes a single too, It could be a really big hit, its my fave song from the new album And I guess she sounded different in Las Vegas because the whole show was more theatrical hence why she was more dramatic with her speeches and facial expressions etc. She's brialliant either way though Quote http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii317/oops_idontcare/3.jpgAnd That's Called Faith, Right Beside You Is Where I'll Stay...x
CelineFanInSoCal Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:09 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:09 AM We will see if Celine continues to perform ANDHC in this tour. I am sure she will sing it again. Then again, remember that Celine only performed ANDHC on March 18 in Seoul. If I am not mistaken, she did not perform the song on the March 19 concert. She only sang it one night because she didn't want two nights in a row of messing up on the song. LOL Just love her... We've also got to account for maturing during the Vegas run. I think she was going through an interesting time in her life: She was getting older, but she was able to remain youthful given her own personality and the fact the RC is still a child. As with many other folks, I can imagine her letting the show take "back burner" and her turn to her family as priority. That being the case, there were no huge transformations to the show, and, if anything, she let it turn into a routine that conformed to her home life. Anytime something gets "routine" it is going to eventually look robotic, especially to those with a a more critical eye [like her fans] Having a critical eye isn't a bad thing; we are simply able to recall the opening year and compare it to other years and finally the last run of the show. In doing so, we are able to draw certain conclusions, much like I am doing. Let's also remember how many times Celine said something like "it's stability for me and my family" during interviews. Celine wasn't performing a concert tour, she was starring in a theatrical production, that through it's own evolution put Celine more in the front and let her take more control. The show, however, remained a theatrical production, which time restraints, other performers, dancers and technicians involved. Imagine how many people would be upset if Celine decided to talk freely for 5 minutes, then sing some other song not on the song list and talk to the audience some more about that song, then take a longer break backstage and let the dancers 'do their thing' for 6 minutes. That would then push back the time everyone got to leave by 20 minutes. So over 100 other people are now late for whatever they had plans for on a Saturday night at 10pm. That's pressure! Which is why her brother was always watching the clock, making sure her speeches weren't too long and keeping the show on it's timeline. Now Celine is on stage and is in control. There's obviously some degree of her keeping the show on schedule, but if she chit chat's about a gift someone throws on stage or thanks the dancers, no one will care... for one night, Celine is in their hometown again, and fans are thrilled to keep her around as long as possible. Let's be happy the girl is having fun on stage and give her some props for at least trying a little to change things up again. Though that is a different topic and would make my entry 4 times longer if I elaborated. LOL Happiness to you all. Quote
LasVegasCanadian Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:17 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:17 AM I will see Celine in Canada in October(in my hometown...CANNOT WAIT, Winnipeg is CRAZY for Celine) but having worked at the Colosseum and seeing several performances, I think and am pretty sure she was counting down the performances until she was finished with her contract. Doing the same show night after night would certainly be monotonous. Though I am sure she will always have a bond with Vegas, she is probably much happier out on the road. A New Day will go down in history but I bet Celine is glad it IS history!! Quote
LasVegasCanadian Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:19 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:19 AM Just want to add that I agree, she looks fantastic. During those last few months in Vegas she just looked tired. Quote
Bellamy Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:37 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:37 AM when i compare the 'Vegas Celine' in 2003 (when celine's father passed away), when she's singing WAWW, and the 'Tour Celine' 2008 (especially when she sang FA, dunno about what country), can't believe how young she looks now. she's 35 then, but she looks 60. right now she's 40, she looks like 35. amazing!This comparison sounds just wrong. Of course she won't look happy and young when her dad passed away. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
karatedude317 Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:49 AM Author Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:49 AM when i compare the 'Vegas Celine' in 2003 (when celine's father passed away), when she's singing WAWW, and the 'Tour Celine' 2008 (especially when she sang FA, dunno about what country), can't believe how young she looks now. she's 35 then, but she looks 60. right now she's 40, she looks like 35. amazing!This comparison sounds just wrong. Of course she won't look happy and young when her dad passed away. VERY true, but even before her dad passed away she did look a bit older, the reason.....the HAIR! The hair makes a HUGE difference in her appearance and whether she looks older or younger than her actual age. Makeup seems to be different now too, that also makes a big difference with her. Quote
LasVegasCanadian Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:58 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 01:58 AM Celine looks better now than she ever has. I am just a few months older than her and people always tell me I could pass for 30. But there are 2 features I want that Celine has and that is her gorgeous hair and her eyes. I would kill to have her eyes...LOL!! Stunning!! And when she talks to you in person, she looks right into your eyes......... She really is "just a girl from Montreal". With the voice of the century. In my opinion anyway.OK getting off the subject, ..... Quote
Black Kitten Posted March 27, 2008 at 02:03 AM Posted March 27, 2008 at 02:03 AM 2003 was the worst look of celine. but the next year (2004) she released the You & I video, d**n she's so pretty and yes, young! her look on that video reminds me of the I'm Your Angel celine. right now, there's something in her face that i can't point out. her lips are thinner than ever, the jaw, the chin, i don't know! she's a bit tanned now, but that makes her look more hot! i love her looks now. but i guess she should try the big hair again. it really looks good to her! especially the LTAL tour big hair! love it! Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 20, 2008 at 07:56 PM Author Posted September 20, 2008 at 07:56 PM After seeing her tour and meeting her in person, i can definitely say that 2008 is the best look for her ever. Quote
destin139 Posted September 20, 2008 at 08:56 PM Posted September 20, 2008 at 08:56 PM wow! you're so lucky to have met her!! and i totally agree - she looks incredible this year and sounds phenomenal! i saw her live in May for the first time and was completely blown away! Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
karatedude317 Posted September 20, 2008 at 09:01 PM Author Posted September 20, 2008 at 09:01 PM wow! you're so lucky to have met her!! and i totally agree - she looks incredible this year and sounds phenomenal! i saw her live in May for the first time and was completely blown away! It'll happen for you someday too. I never thought it would happen for me. Quote
sweden Posted September 25, 2008 at 05:43 PM Posted September 25, 2008 at 05:43 PM Yeah , I absolutely.Big different vocal......It´s like now she´s her self and not pretending so much everything, like she did in vegas. when she talks..Everything comes naturally and her voice is in top shape, Not scared to do any sort of notes. Im just so impressed that;Now she really kicking a** ! it lovely too see her back in absolute top trim/ shape Quote
hidden_ego Posted September 25, 2008 at 06:53 PM Posted September 25, 2008 at 06:53 PM she is better and better from all perspectives - vocal cords, look, moves etc. she is the best Quote
karatedude317 Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:35 PM Author Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:35 PM Very true and when u get to see her in person u get to see the very best of her Quote
Lymon Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:37 PM Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:37 PM (edited) Well, I believe Vegas and the Tour both have it's ups and downs. The Show Itself: A New Day was an incredibly unique show. Even though it changed a lot in it's 5 years(becoming more about Celine and less about the Dragone aspect of it), it was still an amazing show. Amazing sets, great dances(even Celine danced OK the couple times she had to), and even a nice song list(since the show was highly based on her hits, she had to have them, though it's just getting annoying now). The tour, in comparison, is basically a compact A New Day. So many same songs, so many same moves, it's just not as exciting as Vegas. Vocally: I'm not going to turn this into a lipping thread, but the songs Celine does actually sing live on tour are vocally impressive. Stuff like My Love(though it seems to be a bit overdone now), It's A Man Man Man's World, Je sais pas, etc are all vocally beautiful. In Vegas, the songs she sang live were very nasally and thin. Her voice sounded very weak, which is why I would hate for her to do another Vegas show(New York would be a much better choice), because her voice in Vegas is far from top form. Again, I loved A New Day, but the vocal conditions there are just horrible. Songlist: Well, again, as A New Day was highly based on her hits, it wasn't as annoying at the time to have her constantly performing them. On tour, the setlist is really just sad. Especially the French setlist, that one is a disgrace. The setlist on tour is an A New Day rip-off with some covers and a tiny sprinkling of shortened new songs. Interaction: Since A New Day was a theatrical show, Celine had to time everything and stay right on her lines. She had to say the same things over and over. On tour, while she still has those scripted speechs, I defanitly feel she's looser on tour, and has more freedom to interact with the audience. She'll say different things in cities, have the opportinuty to be more spontanious, so I defanitly think the tour gives her more freedom, since in A New Day, everything had to be precisely on time, every line said, etc. Looks: I think this one needs no questioning. There is no doubt she is her absolute most sexiest/hottest/classiest/elegent that she has ever been on this Tour. All in all, I prefer A New Day. The tour itself is very dissapointing, though it has quite a few highlights(some of the songs, looks). And although I prefer A New Day, I would never want her to go back to Vegas to do another Vegas show. New York, sure. There she could not have the worries of vocal problems. But 5 years in the desert was too much. Edited September 25, 2008 at 08:48 PM by Lymon Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Nikosn17 Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:39 PM Posted September 25, 2008 at 08:39 PM lmao at some people in this thread that can't accept anything negative... the sad thing is that some of them have control over this place. But anyway, I prefer the tour-Celine a lot more. Quote
Nmj Posted September 25, 2008 at 09:02 PM Posted September 25, 2008 at 09:02 PM I Love Both Celines Bottom Line: Tour or Vegas Looks- TourVoice- TourSound- VegasTheatre-VegasSet List- Tour -Nmj Quote
rhaps Posted September 26, 2008 at 07:49 AM Posted September 26, 2008 at 07:49 AM i think, in the tour, she has more control on the show as compare to AND were as they say before, it was theatrical, so it means, there should be a script...not really literally, bnut i guess, celine already knows what to say for that day and for the next performances. Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted September 26, 2008 at 01:16 PM Posted September 26, 2008 at 01:16 PM I actually prefer Vegas, not because of Celine but because of the seats, every seat in that venue was GREAT, on tour you pay a lot for just see Celine's feet from floor seats VERY CRAPPY, the best seats are the one in from of the "arms" of the stage and they're cheaper than floor seats!!!!!!!!!! and what about the people at the very top, the see ant Celine..... very far away very smaaaaall... seating sucks!!!!! Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Frozen_Phoenix Posted September 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM Posted September 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM I like her far better during the tour.I also prefer her present look. Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
PrincesseJen Posted September 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM Posted September 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM I thought the same thing! I saw her earlier this month and her voice was so powerful. Though I am starting to wonder if they've come up with a better quality of microphone. I've noticed a lot of artists having a clearer/louder voice then they have in the past. Like Avril Lavigne. I have both of her DVD's. The first one she wasn't quite loud enough and I couldn't understand all the words. But in the DVD that just came, she is as clear as a bell. Here is a comparison: Sk8er Boi LIVE 2003 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQcyqlmMrTw Sk8er Boi LIVE 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=copMN5HscAw Quote http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z30/Sarahj21230/Celine%20and%20Josh/pinkroseCeline-1.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.