Bellamy Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:20 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:20 AM Ok. So here's a summary of SONY JAPAN's plan to revive Celine's career again in Japan. First they would release a "Celine Dion Tribute" album in Japan in September, 26. The hottest Japanese singers from SONY would join this recording. The bonus DVD of this album would include history images of Celine, and the "To Love You More" music video.CELINE DION TRIBUTE/セリーヌ・ディオン トリビュートCompilation/コンピレーションSICP-1565~SICP-1566/アルバム/2007.9.26/¥3,059(税込) Currently, 11 artists have been announced to feature on the tribute album: ・伊藤由奈 / My Heart Will Go On・K (featuring aki) / To Love You More・JUJU / The Power Of Love・SOULHEAD / Beauty And The Beast・福原美穂 / Because You Loved Me・星村麻衣 / It's All Coming Back To Me Now・Lyrico / Immortality・LISA / Be The Man・加藤ミリヤ&清水翔太 / I'm Your Angel・melody. / That's The Way It Is・平原綾香 / The Prayer Then Celine would release her new single in October, and her new English album in November in Japan. This album would be considered as her first real comeback album in Japan, since the "All The Way" album, which had sold over 2 million copies in Japan. And then she would tour to Japan in 2008. SONY JAPAN had sent this big news to a lot press in Japan. http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/International/bnr_arch/070801_celine.jpg http://www.cdjournal.com/main/news/news.php?nno=16026http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainmen...200013000c.htmlhttp://entertainment.aol.co.jp/cgi-bin/mus...i?date=20070802http://www.excite.co.jp/music/news/story/51091/http://www.vibe-net.com/news/?news=0031799http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000033280&m=oversea SONY JAPAN also launched the new domain http://www.celinedion.jp/ as Celine's official Japanese website, to replace the old http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/celinedion/ website. Celine had recorded a special video message to Japan too. And you can watch it here:http://www.celinedion.jp/ http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/japan200701.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/japan200702.jpg Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Bell Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:27 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:27 AM SONY`s plan seems good. I hope it works. It`ll be really good for Celine. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
thevoice Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:41 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:41 AM dont worry - sony will ruin this too . celine is the only one who can promote herself , sony never did and never will .if this album is gonna be big in japan it's because celine plans to tour there and not thanks to sony Quote
Bellamy Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:52 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 07:52 AM dont worry - sony will ruin this too . celine is the only one who can promote herself , sony never did and never will .if this album is gonna be big in japan it's because celine plans to tour there and not thanks to sony I think SONY JAPAN is doing soemthing right this time. Wait and see. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Koolan Posted August 5, 2007 at 08:03 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 08:03 AM dont worry - sony will ruin this too . celine is the only one who can promote herself , sony never did and never will .if this album is gonna be big in japan it's because celine plans to tour there and not thanks to sony Sony Japan do a much better job of promoting her. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
angel_christ Posted August 5, 2007 at 08:05 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 08:05 AM Japanese people's English is more excellent than in the past now. I watched NHK on the cable and I was so surprised by their speaking skills, sounds really like the native speakers. Quote http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j147/angel_christ/TakingChancesSiggy.jpg Click Below to visitAngel Christ's deviantART Gallery
dj4celine Posted August 5, 2007 at 10:59 AM Posted August 5, 2007 at 10:59 AM dont worry - sony will ruin this too . celine is the only one who can promote herself , sony never did and never will .if this album is gonna be big in japan it's because celine plans to tour there and not thanks to sony Sony Japan do a much better job of promoting her. Umm..I kind of agree with The Voice. I mean, Sony's past records in promoting Celine was never good But we can all hope for a change The only thing I can't understand is that how can this album be her comeback...I mean, wasn't ANDHC supposed to be her comeback after her semi-retirement?? Quote
Bellamy Posted August 5, 2007 at 12:39 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 12:39 PM The only thing I can't understand is that how can this album be her comeback...I mean, wasn't ANDHC supposed to be her comeback after her semi-retirement?? All Celine albums after ATW are flops in Japan, including ANDHC. So SONY JAPAN has very high expectation to this new English album, and want it to be the real comeback album in Japan. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Un Rêve Posted August 5, 2007 at 01:06 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 01:06 PM Sounds to me like Sony is really taking this seriously, at least in Japan. A tribute album? That's pretty good! Quote
Thomas Posted August 5, 2007 at 02:48 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 02:48 PM She looks great in the video. Quote
celinerific Posted August 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 10:20 PM Woowww. Impressiiivvvee. Sony has finally decided to do something.Celine looks amazing in the video. Although I do think she looks best with her hair down. Quote http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png @ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com
Say What? Posted August 5, 2007 at 11:06 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 11:06 PM It takes two to Tango! Sony Japan would never spend much money on promoting Celine if she wasn't able to do her part of the promotion. Celine said a few times that she'll tour the world so she can show the world to her son. Her stop in Japan comes as no surprise to me. Rene must've been busy on the phone waking everybody up saying Celine is about to stop by The only problem is: will they release the right singles to promote the album? Will Celine do TV and Radio interview in addition to touring? I'm sure she will spend a great deal of time in Asia and will hopefully stop in countries like China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines, Inda and maybe South Korea and Thailand (and possibly more). After all, half Rene-Charles ancesters are from Asia so she should spend more time there. Quote
Love, Posted August 5, 2007 at 11:47 PM Posted August 5, 2007 at 11:47 PM (edited) It takes two to Tango! Sony Japan would never spend much money on promoting Celine if she wasn't able to do her part of the promotion. Celine said a few times that she'll tour the world so she can show the world to her son. Her stop in Japan comes as no surprise to me. Rene must've been busy on the phone waking everybody up saying Celine is about to stop by The only problem is: will they release the right singles to promote the album? Will Celine do TV and Radio interview in addition to touring? I'm sure she will spend a great deal of time in Asia and will hopefully stop in countries like China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines, Inda and maybe South Korea and Thailand (and possibly more). After all, half Rene-Charles ancesters are from Asia so she should spend more time there. You mean, Asia Minor and the Middle East Asia is such a large continent. You mentioned South and Southeast Asia, absolutely different from Asia Minor. Edited August 5, 2007 at 11:48 PM by Love, Quote
Tal Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:10 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:10 AM Does anybody else find the way she said her name HILARIOUS?? Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
Bellamy Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:18 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:18 AM Does anybody else find the way she said her name HILARIOUS??She's trying to speak with a Japanese accent. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Tal Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:24 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 01:24 AM She says it like I say it. But I know I say it wrong and really American. I guess I understand cause when I say my own name, I dont pronounce it with a Hebrew accent. But Celine has a French accent when she speaks English, so it just comes off wierd. Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
celinefan1985 Posted August 6, 2007 at 02:47 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 02:47 AM She says it like I say it. But I know I say it wrong and really American. I guess I understand cause when I say my own name, I dont pronounce it with a Hebrew accent. But Celine has a French accent when she speaks English, so it just comes off wierd. I sometimes can't believe how much we are on the same page!!! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video. Quote
Epoenah Posted August 6, 2007 at 03:49 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 03:49 AM (edited) i think its cute how celine pronounces her name differently when shes speaking different languages. when she speaks french she pronounces it "celyn dio" and when she speaks english she says "selene deon". i noticed that rene does the same thing too! Edited August 6, 2007 at 03:49 AM by Epoenah Quote
Tal Posted August 6, 2007 at 03:49 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 03:49 AM She says it like I say it. But I know I say it wrong and really American. I guess I understand cause when I say my own name, I dont pronounce it with a Hebrew accent. But Celine has a French accent when she speaks English, so it just comes off wierd. I sometimes can't believe how much we are on the same page!!! I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video. Its true, we usually are! Must be the New Yorker in us Except you left Quote I live my life like a runawayI hide my dreams in a special placeI'm waiting here for my prince to comeTo save me from the darkness...
nano Posted August 6, 2007 at 08:06 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 08:06 AM the plan looks great..I wish other countries would do SOMETHING too. "To love you more" music video..huh?! Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Esty Posted August 6, 2007 at 09:31 AM Posted August 6, 2007 at 09:31 AM the plan looks great..I wish other countries would do SOMETHING too. Well, if not other countries, at least Sony.... And that Celine tribute album is a great promo! Quote
viva_celine Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:04 PM Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:04 PM She says it like I say it. But I know I say it wrong and really American. I guess I understand cause when I say my own name, I dont pronounce it with a Hebrew accent. But Celine has a French accent when she speaks English, so it just comes off wierd. YOu mean Canadian accent, right? Quote
celinefanonline Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:10 PM u know for quebec they said ' sayline z(d)ior' and france 'sayline dior' Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
viva_celine Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:14 PM Posted August 7, 2007 at 12:14 PM It takes two to Tango! Sony Japan would never spend much money on promoting Celine if she wasn't able to do her part of the promotion. Celine said a few times that she'll tour the world so she can show the world to her son. Her stop in Japan comes as no surprise to me. Rene must've been busy on the phone waking everybody up saying Celine is about to stop by The only problem is: will they release the right singles to promote the album? Will Celine do TV and Radio interview in addition to touring? I'm sure she will spend a great deal of time in Asia and will hopefully stop in countries like China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines, Inda and maybe South Korea and Thailand (and possibly more). After all, half Rene-Charles ancesters are from Asia so she should spend more time there. China is already part of her world tour next year. Quote
RLAAMJR. Posted August 7, 2007 at 01:05 PM Posted August 7, 2007 at 01:05 PM That's cool. I hope i gotta hear the remake of "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" Quote
dj4celine Posted August 9, 2007 at 07:51 PM Posted August 9, 2007 at 07:51 PM It takes two to Tango! Sony Japan would never spend much money on promoting Celine if she wasn't able to do her part of the promotion. Celine said a few times that she'll tour the world so she can show the world to her son. Her stop in Japan comes as no surprise to me. Rene must've been busy on the phone waking everybody up saying Celine is about to stop by The only problem is: will they release the right singles to promote the album? Will Celine do TV and Radio interview in addition to touring? I'm sure she will spend a great deal of time in Asia and will hopefully stop in countries like China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines, Inda and maybe South Korea and Thailand (and possibly more). After all, half Rene-Charles ancesters are from Asia so she should spend more time there. China is already part of her world tour next year. Yup, China is there on her list. I just hope that she is asked to perform at the Olympics. And I also would love to see her perform in Asia (other than China and Japan). Hope it would be India Quote
Love, Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:25 PM Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:25 PM (edited) the plan looks great..I wish other countries would do SOMETHING too. "To love you more" music video..huh?! I'm curious about that too. I want to know: How was Celine able to sell a million copies of "To Love You More" during the The Color of My Love era? Was it merely through radio promotion and its selection as a theme song for a Japanese soap opera; or did she make a music video that aired on Japanese television that we've never seen? The only TLYM music videos I have seen are live ones, such as those during the Falling Into You era. Edited August 9, 2007 at 09:26 PM by Love, Quote
Céline's Blues Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:32 PM Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:32 PM Yeah the music video that was the official one was on her web site back then in 1997. She was all in white, taken from the FIY tour. This was actually a LIVE, fully live performance of this song before she started to lip it on some dates in 1997 and 100% in 1998. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Love, Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:33 PM Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:33 PM Yeah the music video that was the official one was on her web site back then in 1997. She was all in white, taken from the FIY tour. This was actually a LIVE, fully live performance of this song before she started to lip it on some dates in 1997 and 100% in 1998.Seb, I'm talking about 1995 pre-FIY.... What do you know about this? Quote
Céline's Blues Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:57 PM Posted August 9, 2007 at 09:57 PM Not much...here what I have: Once again, Quebec singer Celine Dion has a pop ballad at the top of the charts - but this time only in Japan. The song, To Love You More, has quickly sold 1.3 million copies after being used as the theme song for a popular TV drama series Koibito yo (My Dear Lover). That made it the first foreign song to No. 1 on the local charts in 12 years. To Love You More is a uniquely Canadian collaboration: Victoria born David Foster produced the CD single and shares song writing credits with Junior Miles, the pen name of Edgar Bronfman Jr., chairman of Seagram Co. But fans who snapped up tickets to Dion's 17 city cross Canada tour staring in May may have to wait to discover what the excitement is all about. There is no word from Epic, Dion's record company, about when, if ever, To Love You More will be released in North America. Sony has apparently have released a second version of the To Love You More live-concert edition. Instead of the VH1 Honors concert with the girl, it's got the original violinist Taro Hakase. He improvises a bit more, but I don't like the sound of his electric violin. I don't know where this concert was, but Celine is wearing a different outfit and the stage is darker with more stairs. The edit is the same; only two of the ad-lib verses are chopped, and the instrumental bridge is intact. I get the feeling this was made for MTV or other non-VH1 stations who didn't want the VH1 name stamped on the video title . Here the hostory of the release: TO LOVE YOU MORE (1) --"Love Story Special Edition" LP (Japan, 1994) - it's the Japanese Name for the TCOML special edition --"To Love You More" single (Japan, 1994) --"Falling Into You" LP (Japan, 1996) --"To Love You More" Promotional Single radio edit (1996) + There is a japanese version too performed by Miho Yonemitsu and it's called Koibito Yo. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.