bertrand Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:41 PM Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:41 PM I live i New York on 55th and 9av, this music studio is right nest to my place. Quote
Celinenvegas Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:44 PM Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:44 PM Well it seems that, in contrast to us Celine fans, Annies fans don't like the collaboration at all. I've red some comments on Annie's official site and most of the fans hate Celine!<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I went Annie's site. I think hate is much too strong of a word. Most fear that Celine will drown out Annie. ""They don't think much of Madonna either. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"" See that shows they have taste in music I'm sure once they hear it that they will love it like we will. Quote ~J O E Y~
Celinenvegas Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:47 PM Posted February 10, 2007 at 06:47 PM I live i New York on 55th and 9av, this music studio is right nest to my place.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Wow good location, I love going into NYC (Im in Northern NJ). You should've had your video camera set up facing the studio. Wonder if anyone in your building had a Celine spotting??? Quote ~J O E Y~
rodney2004 Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:17 AM Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:17 AM Does it mean it is official already? Why there's no confirmation from the official site? Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
Bellamy Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:39 AM Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:39 AM Does it mean it is official already? Why there's no confirmation from the official site?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They will confirm it six months later. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
rodney2004 Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:57 AM Posted February 11, 2007 at 10:57 AM Does it mean it is official already? Why there's no confirmation from the official site?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They will confirm it six months later. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> wow. They are always updated! lol! Quote http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpgSPICE GIRLS Greatest Hits Out on November 2007! WoW PhiLipPiNeS
LVCeline Posted February 11, 2007 at 04:49 PM Posted February 11, 2007 at 04:49 PM What is this song "A Cause" that's been mentioned? Does someone have any more information about it? Quote
sayyed Posted February 11, 2007 at 05:25 PM Posted February 11, 2007 at 05:25 PM their voices will fit perfectly... just like Celine and Maurane with QONQL.... OMG I am so exited... can't wait! Quote https://soundcloud.com/finnremixes
Celinenvegas Posted February 11, 2007 at 06:47 PM Posted February 11, 2007 at 06:47 PM Does it mean it is official already? Why there's no confirmation from the official site?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They will confirm it six months later. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hehe, yeah they aren't exactly too quick to give info on stuff like this. Don't they know we want EVERY little detail??? Quote ~J O E Y~
spookystarbuck Posted February 11, 2007 at 11:00 PM Posted February 11, 2007 at 11:00 PM Oh my gosh - wow.Shall be buying this album - actually, my dad might buy it. He likes Annie Lennox. xx Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/LoopyLauz/funny5ia.jpg "She says don't worry, I’ll be fine...as she fights back the tears one last time" "I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over, I want to know right now what will it be I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over - well in the end oh will it be ... sorry" "And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you, someone who is just like you"
fanfan Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:08 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:08 PM It's so different here. Most Annie Lennox fans on various boards and in groups really hate the idea of a duet with Celine Dion saying they'd skip the track, that both ladies are doing it for the money and fame only etc.. Very strong, negative feelings Quote
CSCfan Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:09 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:09 PM Well let them think that.... the duet will blow everyone away! Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Bellamy Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:13 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:13 PM It's so different here. Most Annie Lennox fans on various boards and in groups really hate the idea of a duet with Celine Dion saying they'd skip the track, that both ladies are doing it for the money and fame only etc.. Very strong, negative feelings<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Obviously they don't know Celine at all. And they even don't know and have no faith with their own idol. I feel sorry for them. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Teodora Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:26 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:26 PM It's so different here. Most Annie Lennox fans on various boards and in groups really hate the idea of a duet with Celine Dion saying they'd skip the track, that both ladies are doing it for the money and fame only etc.. Very strong, negative feelings<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It only shows how stupid they are. Celine is one of the richest women in showbiz, Annie isn't doing bad either, and they're both known around the globe... What money and fame?! They've already got more than they need of both They're clearly doing it for fun and because they like each other. Really, I must say that anybody who thinks that someone like Celine or Annie are still doing stuff for money and fame are dumb!But personally I know at least one huge Annie fan who's deligthed... And I was talking to my best friend this morning, who's not a fan of neither Celine or Annie (she listens mostly to rock, heavy metal, grunge stuff like that) and she even said this collaboration sounds really interesting and that I should give her the song when it comes out. So, there you go! Quote
rodrigo_alka Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:41 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:41 PM i think annie's fans are afraid about the type of music that celine does.. and mixing it with annie's music might sound weird but they are not aware that celine can sing everything Quote http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
Teodora Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:54 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:54 PM i think annie's fans are afraid about the type of music that celine does.. and mixing it with annie's music might sound weird but they are not aware that celine can sing everything <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe they're afraid Celine would outsing Annie Which she could most definately do, except Celine is very nice when doing duets and sings only as loud as the other can. Isn't she a sweetheart Quote
VinnyT. Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:59 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 02:59 PM Of course Celine doesnt need to sell more!she sold enough! and if they think Annie chose Celine to sell more well they dont respect and love their idol that much and maybe they dont trust her as we trust Celine we know that if she sings with annie it's coz she likes her she always loved her music we learned that from many interviews!congratulations guys Annie will be so proud of this kind of fans Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Bruno Portugal Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:11 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:11 PM (edited) i think annie's fans are afraid about the type of music that celine does.. and mixing it with annie's music might sound weird but they are not aware that celine can sing everything <{POST_SNAPBACK}> We have to understand them. On her latest English albums Celine didn't innovate. She only sung trash up tempo songs, so it's reasonable that Annie's fans might be afraid of what this duet will sound. BUT... Fortunatly Celine is at her best right now! Both "I Knew I Loved You" and "S'Il N'En Restait Qu'Une" are fabulous and I expect this duet to be brilliant. Celine wants her music to rule the world again and she's working with real quality people this time. So Annie's fans please give it a try to Celine. You all be surprised I adore the idea of these two voices together Edited February 13, 2007 at 03:12 PM by Bruno Portugal Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
VinnyT. Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:17 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:17 PM i think annie's fans are afraid about the type of music that celine does.. and mixing it with annie's music might sound weird but they are not aware that celine can sing everything <{POST_SNAPBACK}> We have to understand them. On her latest English albums Celine didn't innovate. She only sung trash up tempo songs, so it's reasonable that Annie's fans might be afraid of what this duet will sound. BUT... Fortunatly Celine is at her best right now! Both "I Knew I Loved You" and "S'Il N'En Restait Qu'Une" are fabulous and I expect this duet to be brilliant. Celine wants her music to rule the world again and she's working with real quality people this time. So Annie's fans please give it a try to Celine. You all be surprised I adore the idea of these two voices together <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NO WAY they just know my heart will go on and then they think maybe celine is not cool enough and "alternative" as Annie that's all! for them celine is too classy!a song like i knew i loved cant change their minds Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
nico robin Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:17 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:17 PM Children, I bet this song will be on Céline's next English album. That is like 99% sure now. It is Céline's dream and it at last came true! And I'm more than sure they will sing this song live one day especially considering Céline will be moving around a lot next year! Nonethelessbutstillofcourse the article posted said that all the ppl in studio were absolutely FLOORED by Céline's delivery of the three songs. The reporter mentioned that she is a nightingale always preferring to sing at night/very late in the evening (that's also the reson she recorded "Quand On S'aime" at 3 am!). The English album promises to be really good this time around I say! As well as the French CD. I do hope they will put the duet with Dubois and the second version of "A Cause" on the Collector Edition of "D'elles". <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I hope, but what I can´t explain and afraid of, is the possible presence of : Alfanassief, Lennox, Moricone + Quincy, Ne yo, Ferland, and Cox.... I just don´t want a big mix to satisfy everybody. If she wants something RnB or groovy, go for it, but till the end. But please in this case, don´t add morricone + Lennox, it doesn´t have any sense. And the same if she wants a IKILY style or Lennox song style...Please don´t add cheap R´nB ballade in the middle. I´am not talking about each song individually, of course I am totally amazed by this duo and this collaboration with Quincy (even if musically it is nothing new), but I am thinking about the sense of the whole album, that´s for me more important than just see an accumulation of songs eventually totally amazing by Lennox near Ne yo near Ferland, near Quincy. And of course, I would prefer a Lennox or Quincy orientation. BTW...People...Just realise that recently... amazing artists like Annie Lennox, Quincy johns and Moricone have asked to work with Celine, and not the contrary. People can laught at Celine about her prestation at the Oscars (Moricone´s fans), about her artistical sense (which is true by the way lol), but almost all the most respected artists actually want to work with her whyle she hasn´t asked. anything.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Because they know how good Celine is I dont think Celine will drown Annie out at all. Their voices are on two different levels. Annie's is huskier and soulful, while Celine's is crystally and emotional....almost like a yin and yang. I think their voices will play off each other quite well<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes. And even the screaming Aretha Franklin didn't drown Annie's voice. I don't understand why her fans would think Celine would drown her voice. Not to mention Celine always change her voice to suit her duettist.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>they will sound great!! i think annie's fans are afraid about the type of music that celine does.. and mixing it with annie's music might sound weird but they are not aware that celine can sing everything <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe they're afraid Celine would outsing Annie Which she could most definately do, except Celine is very nice when doing duets and sings only as loud as the other can. Isn't she a sweetheart <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Quote http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WTOLnq_3hiM/T-YMZXaW9JI/AAAAAAAACR4/bCmTbbqNEhY/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.20_%5B2012.06.22_00.44.23%5D.jpgI dOn'T sUfFer FrOm InSaNiTy...I eNjOy EvErY MiNuTe Of iT... Visit www.celinerific.com Erika's Desings...Rivieravibe
shasti Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:34 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:34 PM this is actually excited.... wasnt precisely jumping when i heard the 2 new singles.... but this one.... might be good.... be great actually... Quote
Esty Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:46 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 03:46 PM So when will Annie's album come out? Maybe it was written before, but I'm too excited so I didn't pay attention... When will we know something precise?I just can't wait for it!The negative attitude of Annie's fans is probably because they don't know Celine's music well enough. If they'd listen to Celine's French stuff they'd change their minds! That's innovative and great enough! Quote
Celinenvegas Posted February 13, 2007 at 05:50 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 05:50 PM It's too bad that some of Annie's fans have posted their dismay for the upcoming duet with Celine. I'm sure there may be some artists that we would roll our eyes at if Celine reorded with. No one comes to mind for me though since she's done a lot of duets and I've enjoyed most. It's sad but people have preconcieved notions about recording artists and radio and the press have a lot to do with that. Us hard core fans know better and stick with the artists that bring us joy. My former bf did NOT like Celine and used to make fun of her sometimes, he never realized how much she means to me (his loss) & never gave her music a chance. He likes madonna, so I shoulda known it was doomed from the start. Of course he never liked it when I pointed out that Celine has sold many more cds in a shorter time. I just wish people would be more open minded about music and not be so quick to brush someone off - ESPECIALLY OUR CELINE. Quote ~J O E Y~
Zora Posted February 13, 2007 at 06:22 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 06:22 PM Celine Dion AND Annie Lennox?! As in 2 of the greatest women that ever lived?Oh my sweet lord it's like a dream come true! Annie's her idol too! Quote LIFE BEGINS WITH LOVE
Zora Posted February 13, 2007 at 06:24 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 06:24 PM The negative attitude of Annie's fans is probably because they don't know Celine's music well enough. If they'd listen to Celine's French stuff they'd change their minds! That's innovative and great enough! EXACTLY! Quote LIFE BEGINS WITH LOVE
salsacolin Posted February 13, 2007 at 07:59 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 07:59 PM They both have VERY powerful voices. I saw Annie live and she is AWESOME! Within the record industry Celine is very respected her voice is so unique. Its disappointing when people think she is the Titanic singer. When you look at the stats FIY had sold 30million copies that was all before MHWGO. In fact LTAL flew off the shelves shifting about 10million in the first month and MHWGO was not even out until Jan/Feb because in the UK it was TH and TR that promoted it around Christmas. Celine didn't need MHWGO it was a bonus - big one tho Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
Loup_garou Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:24 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:24 PM I read somewhere On Annie's forum that She was the first choice to "My heart will go on", then Kate BUsh...and third Celine...is that anywhere truth??? Quote
VinnyT. Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:35 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:35 PM (edited) I read somewhere On Annie's forum that She was the first choice to "My heart will go on", then Kate BUsh...and third Celine...is that anywhere truth???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>completely wrong when james horner wrote the song celine was the first person came up his mind as u can learn from interviewes and articles no matter james cameron the director of TITANIC wanted just music no vocal part!they have a very wrong information!that's what made them so mean to celine? Edited February 13, 2007 at 09:37 PM by VinnyT. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Teodora Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:40 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:40 PM I read somewhere On Annie's forum that She was the first choice to "My heart will go on", then Kate BUsh...and third Celine...is that anywhere truth???<{POST_SNAPBACK}>completely wrong when james horner wrote the song celine was the first person came up his mind as u can learn from interviewes and articles no matter james cameron the director of TITANIC wanted just music no vocal part!they have a very wrong information!that's what made them so mean to celine? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Exactly. He first thought of Celine and wrote the song and then asked her to perfom it. Those people are just jealous! Quote
Loup_garou Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:46 PM Posted February 13, 2007 at 09:46 PM jajaja ok...I jjust thought that somewhere on all the interviews and all the just instrumental things....I have missed something...but it comes just as that....jealousy....just thinking that over so many years of being a Celine Fan i've missed something as big as that...now i can keep on listening to SNRQ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.