Jump to content

"Sing": benefit project with Annie Lennox (2007)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I agree- although Annie hasn't exactly pumped out number one singles herself...she would get Celine a hell alot of promotion though- the media loves her and this project would defo raise Celine's profile if they released that song.

 

ALTHOUGH- that is the problem...out of an album of many 'great' female artists, Celine will only have a 1 in (approx) 14 chance of getting her duet released. So...hopefully it'll be extraordinarily amazing and the first single and saty No. 1 for 13 weeks.

Posted

Children, I bet this song will be on Céline's next English album. That is like 99% sure now. It is Céline's dream and it at last came true! And I'm more than sure they will sing this song live one day especially considering Céline will be moving around a lot next year! :D

 

Nonethelessbutstillofcourse the article posted said that all the ppl in studio were absolutely FLOORED by Céline's delivery of the three songs. The reporter mentioned that she is a nightingale always preferring to sing at night/very late in the evening (that's also the reson she recorded "Quand On S'aime" at 3 am!).

 

The English album promises to be really good this time around I say! As well as the French CD. :) I do hope they will put the duet with Dubois and the second version of "A Cause" on the Collector Edition of "D'elles". :shocking: :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
And I'm more than sure they will sing this song live one day especially considering Céline will be moving around a lot next year! :D

Celine must sing it LIVE with Annie for at least once!!!

 

Annie + Celine live = The Bomb :blowup:

 

:eek_drop:

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
Or maybe there will be a 'A Cause' part 1 et part 2 :P
Posted

So far...if the Ennio song and this new Annie Lennox duet are meant for Celine's English album, then we have something AMAZING to look forward to! This is exactly what she needs--to do what she's wanted to do and just put some amazing songs of all kinds onto this album.

 

I CANNOT WAIT. I've wanted another English duet! And with Annie Lennox!!!! :blushing:

Posted

I'm also sure that they will release this duet on both, Céline's and Annie's albums - just like they did with "Tell Him" in 1997!

 

And I really can imagine that this will be the single to promote both albums - just like with Céline's and Barbra's albums in 1997.

 

OK, Annie is recording more duets but for Céline it may be the only duet on her album or maybe one of 2-3 duets and I guess she will not let the chance go by to release this as a single, especially as it was her dream to make a song together with Annie!

 

I'm sure she will do everything to show it to the world! :D

 

And they together live on some shows in the UK... WOW!!! That would be just amazing!!!!

 

 

BTW: did Céline ever sang "Tell Him" live with Barbra on stage together with her or my infos are just right and it has never happened??

Visit me on Facebook

  • 14th & 16th May 2008 - Antwerp Sportpaleis
  • 24th & 25th May 2008 - Paris Bercy
  • 2nd June 2008 - Amsterdam ArenA
  • 12th June 2008 - Berlin Waldbühne
  • 18th June 2008 - Köln Arena
  • 20th June 2008 - Hamburg Colorline Arena
  • 28th June 2008 - Kraków Błonia Park
  • 1st July 2008 - Vienna Stadthalle
  • 15th, 16th, 19th & 20th August 2008 - Montréal Bell Centre
  • 10th, 15th & 16th March 2011 - Las Vegas Caesars Palace Colosseum

J'étais là pour toi, Céline!

Why has Javito been silenced ???

Posted
Children, I bet this song will be on Céline's next English album. That is like 99% sure now. It is Céline's dream and it at last came true! And I'm more than sure they will sing this song live one day especially considering Céline will be moving around a lot next year! :D

 

Nonethelessbutstillofcourse the article posted said that all the ppl in studio were absolutely FLOORED by Céline's delivery of the three songs. The reporter mentioned that she is a nightingale always preferring to sing at night/very late in the evening (that's also the reson she recorded "Quand On S'aime" at 3 am!).

 

The English album promises to be really good this time around I say! As well as the French CD. :) I do hope they will put the duet with Dubois and the second version of "A Cause" on the Collector Edition of "D'elles".  :shocking:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

 

I hope, but what I can´t explain and afraid of, is the possible presence of : Alfanassief, Lennox, Moricone + Quincy, Ne yo, Ferland, and Cox.... I just don´t want a big mix to satisfy everybody. If she wants something RnB or groovy, go for it, but till the end. But please in this case, don´t add morricone + Lennox, it doesn´t have any sense. And the same if she wants a IKILY style or Lennox song style...Please don´t add cheap R´nB ballade in the middle. I´am not talking about each song individually, of course I am totally amazed by this duo and this collaboration with Quincy (even if musically it is nothing new), but I am thinking about the sense of the whole album, that´s for me more important than just see an accumulation of songs eventually totally amazing by Lennox near Ne yo near Ferland, near Quincy. :wacko:

 

And of course, I would prefer a Lennox or Quincy orientation. :giggle:

 

BTW...People...Just realise that recently... amazing artists like Annie Lennox, Quincy johns and Moricone have asked to work with Celine, and not the contrary. People can laught at Celine about her prestation at the Oscars (Moricone´s fans), about her artistical sense (which is true by the way lol), but almost all the most respected artists actually want to work with her whyle she hasn´t asked. anything.

Posted
non official news but I read somewhere that the first single of Annie Lennox from her duet album will be the one with Mary J Blidge...there's also a lot of talking about her duet with Pink... :ermm: not much about our dear Celine...
Posted
I am glad to know thta, wow, I am so excited for new songs !!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/fan/BlinkieCK.gif
Posted

WOW! What wonderful news! I hope Annie has written the song and that it is an up-tempo one. Please not an "Into the West" like song. IKILY is enough of that sort!

For me Annie is the best Duet Partner Celine has ever had!

Posted

That's very correct, julien! And believe me - not all Morricone fans are laughing at her. It's just that dhe is not their cup of tea which goes only to show her cultural impact on the pop music world in general. She can't be loved or chreished but she is respected and that by the best artists ever out there on top of that. That's what counts here. It's so far has been only about the movies and her performance at the Oscars. Of course we will have some other performances but Céline's will be the best one cuzz she is a legend performing a legendary song produced by a legend. Needless to say a classic in the making!

 

Her direction for the new album is not clear right now. I am still thinking she will go for straight-up RNB theme. But there is no conformation or something... just vague speculation. This whole thing looks interesting, tho. :giggle: It's a melange that Céline is famous for when you know all of her English albums.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
That's wonderful news. The mysterius voice of Annie and the powerful voice of Celine.. :in_love:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/DAVELOVESCELINE/Jetime23.jpg
Posted
For once I agree, Sebabababobobobooo
Posted

persannaly i don't know who's this annie but i'm searching right know on youtube to find her music

 

and it's really amazing to hear celine with sing a new duet

Posted

OOOOOOOOOOO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

We've heard a lot of good this so far but this is BY FAR the best! Wow! My two favourite artists together on one song.... and since it's for Annie's new album it's more that likely that Annie herself has written it! I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!

 

I'm going CAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

 

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I'm jumpin' on the bed right now if u don't mind! :kicking:

 

 

:wacko:

Posted (edited)

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

 

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

 

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. THIS IS BEYOND MY FANTASIES!!!!! CELINE YOU ROCK!!!!

Edited by Mozinha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
Well it seems that, in contrast to us Celine fans, Annies fans don't like the collaboration at all. I've red some comments on Annie's official site and most of the fans hate Celine!
Posted
Well it seems that, in contrast to us Celine fans, Annies fans don't like the collaboration at all. I've red some comments on Annie's official site and most of the fans hate Celine!

 

I went Annie's site. I think hate is much too strong of a word. Most fear that Celine will drown out Annie. :ermm:

They don't think much of Madonna either. :whistling:

Posted
thanks for info

I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVER

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg

Posted
Well it seems that, in contrast to us Celine fans, Annies fans don't like the collaboration at all. I've red some comments on Annie's official site and most of the fans hate Celine!

Obviously they don't know much about Celine. Think Celine is the Titanic singer only. I bet they don't even know Celine's French records. On the contrary, we know Annie well. So we know this duet would be amazing.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
I dont think Celine will drown Annie out at all. Their voices are on two different levels. Annie's is huskier and soulful, while Celine's is crystally and emotional....almost like a yin and yang. I think their voices will play off each other quite well

I live my life like a runaway

I hide my dreams in a special place

I'm waiting here for my prince to come

To save me from the darkness...

Posted
I dont think Celine will drown Annie out at all.  Their voices are on two different levels.  Annie's is huskier and soulful, while Celine's is crystally and emotional....almost like a yin and yang.  I think their voices will play off each other quite well

Yes. And even the screaming Aretha Franklin didn't drown Annie's voice. I don't understand why her fans would think Celine would drown her voice. Not to mention Celine always change her voice to suit her duettist.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
Im ecstatic once again. Glad to hear this news. Oh Celine, you keep on surprising us. I love you for that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Posted
That's great, we know that celine really likes Annie

A new day has come

http://sp0.fotologs.net/photo/16/42/116/celinepoderosa/1197867090_f.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...