1Celine12 Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:42 PM Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:42 PM Why do we sometimes feel like we're not LOVED and we go online and/or talk on the phone and suddenly realize that the people on the forum or through email/on the other end of the phone say "I LOVE YOU" mean what they say? This thread is not another one of those offical threads that was started after another one. I just came up with this one just now. EVERYTIME I come on the forum here there is a lot of LOVE shown through people starting positive topics about being LOVED and that there are tons of people that care about them around here. All I wanna say is THANK YOU(celinedionsfan) for making this off-topic section more positive in the last week than it's ever been the whole time I've been here. I always everytime I come here because of all the LOVE that's shown here. Keep up the GREAT work guys. Quote
VanMerlin Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:51 PM Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:51 PM Dana, when left to our own devices, human beings see themselves according to their conceptions, perceptions, beliefs in everything we see and hear. We see ourselves according to the deals we make in our head..."I can't be loved unless I'm like this. When people do this, they're weak, so I must be too. Society says people like this are bad, so I must be." We get so trapped inside our own heads that we can't see the truth. Then we talk to someone else and realize that they're perceptions of us are very different. They have very different beliefs and perceptions about life, and they will reflect those onto us. Suddenly, we have people that have been through the same things and we know we're not alone. We have people that forgive is, and we realize that we aren't hopeless. We find people that share love freely, and we realize that there is a lot of love in this world. It's far too easy to quickly consider ourselves pathetic and alone. Then we meet others who show us that we are never alone. That's what you find on this forum...people who strive to help each other. It's a human characteristic to care for others. It's an instinctual call within each us, to erase pain and ease suffering hearts. That's why being near others is simply the best medicine. They will open your eyes to yourself. Quote
1Celine12 Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:56 PM Author Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:56 PM That's what I meant to say VM, but I just couldn't find the words to say it that wa. I just LOVE it when I come here and read posts that have to do with LOVE and helping others out. I don't know why I LOVE that sort of thing, but I do. That's just how I am. LOVE, DANA Quote
VanMerlin Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:59 PM Posted April 27, 2006 at 08:59 PM It makes us feel good. You know how they say "misery loves company"? Well, so do love and happiness. People really do love to see others do well, and you're one of those people. You're a happy person and, as such, want to see others happy as well. That's a good thing, Dana. A very good thing. Something of which to be proud. Quote
1Celine12 Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:22 PM Author Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:22 PM (edited) I am very proud to be happy. I am not always happy, you know. I do have my moments where I feel like the world hates me, and then I go to the LORD and talk to HIM and HE makes me feel better. Edited April 27, 2006 at 09:33 PM by 1Celine12 Quote
VanMerlin Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:25 PM Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:25 PM No one on earth is 'always' happy. It's not possible, and not beneficial. That sounds strange, but it's true. Our more difficult emotions are assets. Quote
Lia Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:59 PM Posted April 27, 2006 at 09:59 PM think one of Celine Dion song.... Have you ever been in lovethat lyrics said it all Quote
1Celine12 Posted April 28, 2006 at 01:10 AM Author Posted April 28, 2006 at 01:10 AM That's why we have emotions, so we are not happy or sad or whatever all the time. Like I said before, I have the good LORD by my side to make my day better than it was before. Quote
celinedionsfan Posted April 28, 2006 at 02:26 AM Posted April 28, 2006 at 02:26 AM Why do we sometimes feel like we're not LOVED and we go online and/or talk on the phone and suddenly realize that the people on the forum or through email/on the other end of the phone say "I LOVE YOU" mean what they say? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> We all need a safe haven, Dana. A place where we are accepted and loved without being judged ... a place where we don't have to worry about not being able to live up to others expectations of us ... a place where we do NOT put the burden of living up to our own expectations on others ... a place where we can share our hopes and dreams without fear of being ridiculed ... a place where we can be ourselves ... sometimes serious ... sometimes nutty ... but always ourselves ... without the walls we've built to protect ourselves ... All I wanna say is THANK YOU(celinedionsfan) for making this off-topic section more positive in the last week than it's ever been the whole time I've been here.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> You're welcome, Dana ... but all I did was plant the seeds ... the sun and water these flowers needed to grow has been and continues to be provided by some very wonderful people who have reached beyond their own pain to inspire others ... and together we have all created some beautiful flowers! Patty Quote http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/celinedionsfan/candmsig8.jpg
Krys Posted April 28, 2006 at 05:22 AM Posted April 28, 2006 at 05:22 AM Why do we sometimes feel like we're not LOVED and we go online and/or talk on the phone and suddenly realize that the people on the forum or through email/on the other end of the phone say "I LOVE YOU" mean what they say? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> i guess its easier to talk to somebody that is not your family member. i know that cuz i practically ceased talking to my family members about my problems. if the person says "i love you" to me, i wouldnt mind at all. i take it as i have made a new friend and that friend has accepted me as their friend. so, just like Patty said, we all need a safe haven where we can interact with others without being judged. to all my friends, love ya Quote
mazceline Posted April 28, 2006 at 08:39 AM Posted April 28, 2006 at 08:39 AM think one of Celine Dion song.... Have you ever been in lovethat lyrics said it all <{POST_SNAPBACK}> You know, thats the reason alot of people in the world are depressed, due to the fact they have been in love, Love such a beautiful thing when you have it , how can it also be one of the worst pains in the world too. All i can say is if you truly have loved, then it was worth every second of pain when it was lost I love my friends too, Quote http://i16.tinypic.com/7yg8tv8.jpgSignature made by the webmiss of www.celinerific.comCeline is in 2 words MY ANGEL x x
Krys Posted April 28, 2006 at 12:35 PM Posted April 28, 2006 at 12:35 PM "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return" Quote
Célinefull Posted April 28, 2006 at 12:59 PM Posted April 28, 2006 at 12:59 PM well, I don't know about everyone else here, but I am still waiting to find that real love, after just finishing a relationship that has been going on, in various forms, for about 11 years. Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
1Celine12 Posted April 28, 2006 at 01:16 PM Author Posted April 28, 2006 at 01:16 PM I am waiting patiently for the right girl to come along. The good LORD will be the decision maker on that. I am gonna let HIM decide who's right and who's not right for me. Quote
mazceline Posted April 29, 2006 at 09:06 AM Posted April 29, 2006 at 09:06 AM i think in honesty its down to you, and you will know deep in your heart if she is the one, when your heart skips a beat at the sound of her name, or the endless day dreaming and dreams of being with her, when she touches you, you have to catch your breath or that simple smile that melts your heart, no god could stop the true feelings of love Quote http://i16.tinypic.com/7yg8tv8.jpgSignature made by the webmiss of www.celinerific.comCeline is in 2 words MY ANGEL x x
Célinefull Posted April 29, 2006 at 01:23 PM Posted April 29, 2006 at 01:23 PM I am waiting patiently for the right girl to come along. The good LORD will be the decision maker on that. I am gonna let HIM decide who's right and who's not right for me.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I don't think anyone can truly say wether God is a HE or a SHE, let alone to put it so emphatically. I pray to Vesta always, because she is the Goddess of the house, home and family, and these are all things I am looking for. That said, I don't believe we are matchmade by God, I believe we find our own destiny. Quote http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7108/ziegfieldgirlbanner.jpg
celinedionsfan Posted April 29, 2006 at 11:56 PM Posted April 29, 2006 at 11:56 PM Why do we sometimes feel like we're not LOVED and we go online and/or talk on the phone and suddenly realize that the people on the forum or through email/on the other end of the phone say "I LOVE YOU" mean what they say?<{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think that we all need to know and feel that we are loved ... that we matter ... that our lives have some meaning beyond simply existing in this world ... that someone else cares about us ... about what happens to us ... that we can leave behind the lonliness of "I" and join with another to become "WE" ... that we have someone we can trust completely ... someone with whom to share our hopes, dreams and especially our fears ... that we are valued ... that we are and can become so much more than we think possible ... someone who will light the way in our darkest moments ... whose gentle voice offers a comfort we have never known ... who helps us realize that we are so much stronger than we imagined ... that we can get through the most difficult times ... someone who knows all our faults ... has seen us at our worse ... when we have stumbled, fallen and struggled to get back up only to be overwhelmed by self doubt ... who knows our regrets ... our mistakes ... yet loves us because we are worthy and deserving of that love ... who reaches out a hand ... picks us up ... calms our fears ... sets us free ... someone who reassures us that we know to be true, that we are good and worthwhile, is true ... sometimes that person is a spouse ... or a lover ... sometimes a friend ... sometimes just another caring soul who has travelled a similar road and and survived because someone took the time to do the same for them ... Quote http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/celinedionsfan/candmsig8.jpg
gizapup Posted April 30, 2006 at 09:39 PM Posted April 30, 2006 at 09:39 PM (edited) Lots of lonely people on the same board? nah... Sometimes you just find someone you feel really connected to. You're lucky, you've met lots of people like that... I haven't met people in real life that didn't mean their "i love you's" though... People might not often say it (we northern people are quite reserved), but once they do, they really mean it. Edited April 30, 2006 at 09:42 PM by neltado Quote
mazceline Posted May 1, 2006 at 06:13 AM Posted May 1, 2006 at 06:13 AM your very lucky then.......... Quote http://i16.tinypic.com/7yg8tv8.jpgSignature made by the webmiss of www.celinerific.comCeline is in 2 words MY ANGEL x x
1Celine12 Posted May 2, 2006 at 09:35 PM Author Posted May 2, 2006 at 09:35 PM You're very lucky too, Marie. You have people here that love you. The manes in your siggy say it all. Quote
HelenCeline27 Posted May 10, 2006 at 12:03 PM Posted May 10, 2006 at 12:03 PM yes its a wounderful feeling when you know other love you Quote Honey Lets Make Love All Night Long Until The Sun Comes Up.......... Oh It Feels So Good To Be In Your ArmsMy Love.... Robert If Walls Could Talk They Would Say I Want You More And They Would See all the Love Inside And They Would Say I Love You SoIf Only Wall Could Talk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oh Honey... Robert you are My Bestfriend,My Rock,My Lover,My Joy,My Everything,You And My Little Celine You Are My World,Your Needs Are My NeedsBaby Love.... Behind Close DoorsYou Make A Women Out Of Me It Feels Soooooooo Gooooood I Want To CryOh I Love It When Were Behind Close Doors..............~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Oh Yes Im So In Love With My Love For seven Years We Have Been Happly Married
1Celine12 Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:13 PM Author Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:13 PM Since I was gone for the last few days, I realized the reason we are LOVED.: The reason that we are LOVED is because we have a GOD that we can look up to and HE will tell us that we are LOVED even if we don't think we are. I am reading a book that talks about the real reason that we are here on earth and it's not because of our parents. GOD thought about us way before our parents were born and that's why we are here on earth. I will explain more when I read a little bit more from the book. It is a 40-day study that will hopefully change my life. Quote
VanMerlin Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:21 PM Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:21 PM Since I was gone for the last few days, I realized the reason we are LOVED.: The reason that we are LOVED is because we have a GOD that we can look up to and HE will tell us that we are LOVED even if we don't think we are. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Well, that's not the reason I'm loved, and I don't need a GOD to tell me that I'm loved, or not. I'm not part of your club. I'm not saying anything against you though. It's great if you believe it. Quote
mazceline Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:21 PM Posted May 13, 2006 at 07:21 PM please dont, we are here cause basically our parents had sex end of Quote http://i16.tinypic.com/7yg8tv8.jpgSignature made by the webmiss of www.celinerific.comCeline is in 2 words MY ANGEL x x
1Celine12 Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:09 PM Author Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:09 PM I realize that, Marie, but I a reading a book called The Purpose Driven Life and that's not what they told me. I'm not saying you are wrong, Marie, but I have to believe that GOD is the one that created me long before the earth was created. Quote
celinedionsfan Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:15 PM Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:15 PM (edited) It is a 40-day study that will hopefully change my life.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Nothing will change your life unless you want your life to change ... books are wonderful ... they can provide us with different points of view ... but they have no power, Dana. They are only words ... no different than these words I am writing. YOU have POWER to CHANGE your life ... the choice is yours. Edited May 13, 2006 at 11:16 PM by celinedionsfan Quote http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/celinedionsfan/candmsig8.jpg
VanMerlin Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:33 PM Posted May 13, 2006 at 11:33 PM (edited) I realize that, Marie, but I a reading a book called The Purpose Driven Life and that's not what they told me. I'm not saying you are wrong, Marie, but I have to believe that GOD is the one that created me long before the earth was created.<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Dana, what are YOUR beliefs? What are your OWN thoughts? You always seem so quick to simply accept whatever someone else tells you. You don't have to, you know. Think for yourself and make up your own beliefs. Books are written by someone who is stating their own belief, hoping to only "inspire" others and spark conversations around the world. You have to make up your OWN beliefs in life. That's what will keep you strong against all adversity and TRULY change your life. Edited May 13, 2006 at 11:34 PM by VanMerlin Quote
1Celine12 Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:26 AM Author Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:26 AM y beliefs are that there is a GOD out there and that HE did create me no matter if our parents did concieve us. I also believe that if you pray, your prayers will eventually come true if you really want them to. I believe that there are angels out there that protect us in times of trouble. I also believe that there is a Holy Spirit that tells us or should I say, guides us through our decisions that come up. What more do you want me to believe? Quote
celinedionsfan Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:36 AM Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:36 AM Dana ... this is not about what VanMerlin wants you to believe ... the whole point of VanMerlin's post was simply to try to help you understand that you can form your own beliefs ... not because someone else tells you to believe but because you ... in your own heart ... believe and would continue to believe regardless of what happens or what anyone says ... because you have felt ... because you feel what you believe ... not because someone else tells you that you feel it ... Quote http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/celinedionsfan/candmsig8.jpg
1Celine12 Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:55 AM Author Posted May 14, 2006 at 02:55 AM VanMerlin did ask for MY beliefs. I was stating what I believe. I am not being told to have those beliefs at all. These are what I really believe in. You have to believe me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.