Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

Céline on Super Bowl Halftime Show?

76 replies to this topic

jpatdeleon09

jpatdeleon09

Céline Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24,762
  • 5,712 posts
  • Local time: 03:47 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
  • Born: 1993
Madonna and Céline.. I remember there was a rumour before back in 2012 that Céline and Madonna will do a Superbowl show together. I'm curious how it will end up mixing their songs together... Of course there will be remix songs of Céline

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
    • Member ID: 34,929
  • 7,046 posts
  • Local time: 03:47 PM
  • Born: 1982
Well, they are supposedly related, so there's that.

Squall

Squall

• Members
  • Pip
    • Member ID: 32,960
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 AM
  • Born: 1983
I really don't know why any artist would want to do a halftime show. Maroon 5 was crucified. An artist has to be at their absolute peak of their game, or reach legendary status so high that they are beyond criticism.

Celine has turned herself into an artist for middle aged to old women. She's largely seen as a joke with how she dresses and acts in public. If she did the super bowl she would be ripped to shreds.

Posted Image

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,046 posts

View PostSquall, on 06 February 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

Celine has turned herself into an artist for middle aged to old women. She's largely seen as a joke with how she dresses and acts in public. If she did the super bowl she would be ripped to shreds.

It's very clear from her concert attendance and the glowing press in the last 2-3 years - written largely by millennials - that this is absolutely no longer the case. May have been in the 90s, but certainly not now.
Quite the opposite, in fact. She's never been more revered.

That being said, I wouldn't particularly care to see her do Super Bowl.

Edited by scielle, 06 February 2019 - 10:45 AM.

québecflower

québecflower

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 29,419
  • 6,069 posts
  • Born: 1967

I really don't know why any artist would want to do a halftime show. Maroon 5 was crucified. An artist has to be at their absolute peak of their game, or reach legendary status so high that they are beyond criticism.

it is a shame that you don't post more often.
Plus qu'ailleurs  , but now Si c'était à refaire  , i still love tant de temps....

CelinesDIVO5

CelinesDIVO5

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 4,616
  • 6,577 posts
  • Born: 1986

Umm...Maroon 5 was not crucified based on the status of their career. They were first critcized for even accepting the gig, based on the racism issues surrounding the NFL. Then they gave a terrible show. It truly has nothing to do with whether or not an artist is at their peak.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,639 posts
  • Local time: 09:47 PM

She's largely seen as a joke with how she dresses and acts in public.

You still live in the '00s.

Yes, very rarely a news outlet makes jokes about an outfit she wears, BUT it's more an exception. She's been SLAYING every since 2016.
CÉLINUNUNU created some controversy, and also her "skinny" look lately, but that's really nothing compared to all the negative stuff she got years ago.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

CelineDionFreak

CelineDionFreak

Celine Worshipper

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 26,465
  • 7,906 posts
  • Born: 1998
I think the Super Bowl isn’t the best place for Celine. She could do God Bless America at the beginning but I think the halftime show isn’t her best gig. It’s a very quick thing, and she’d have to keep changing her tune and the way the media roasts these performances, I’d rather not see her do this.
I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!
Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! cgif.gif

smw

smw

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,519
  • 3,487 posts
  • Born: 1987
Even though she's widely accepted as a Legend / Icon these days, I think there'd be a lot of backlash if Celine was announced as the headliner for the Superbowl. The only way I can imagine this happening is if she ends up having a big hit single again or something like that (which is totally possible, especially if it's a duet with a "current" artist). The halftime shows these days are usually for more current artists. Who knows! The younger generation is way more open minded and accepting of Celine. It's some older folks who would worry me.

Although, Madonna did do one not too long ago! But she is much more suited for a BIG SHOW whereas Celine is all about the vocals. Just like Whitney Houston would not have been the best choice even back in her prime.

I think it would be totally feasible if Celine was a surprise guest at a halftime show. If she could come out looking fabulous -- showing off those legs -- and got to do some of those epic PURPLE RAIN vocals, that would be phenomenal. It'd be amazing if Drake, for instance, was announced as the Halftime performer and then he brings out CELINE DION as his surprise guest. That would be genius for all kinds of reasons.

With all of that said --- Celine could absolutely put on a STELLAR halftime performance. She feeds off of energy and she has plenty of upbeat songs and could do some unexpected covers. She is also no stranger to SPECTACLE. So many of her shows have had some amazing visuals.

Edited by smw, 06 February 2019 - 11:46 AM.

Posted Image

ordinary fan

ordinary fan

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 36,922
  • 562 posts
  • Born: 1999

View Postsmw, on 06 February 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Even though she's widely accepted as a Legend / Icon these days, I think there'd be a lot of backlash if Celine was announced as the headliner for the Superbowl. The only way I can imagine this happening is if she ends up having a big hit single again or something like that (which is totally possible, especially if it's a duet with a "current" artist). The halftime shows these days are usually for more current artists. Who knows! The younger generation is way more open minded and accepting of Celine. It's some older folks who would worry me.

Although, Madonna did do one not too long ago! But she is much more suited for a BIG SHOW whereas Celine is all about the vocals. Just like Whitney Houston would not have been the best choice even back in her prime.

I think it would be totally feasible if Celine was a surprise guest at a halftime show. If she could come out looking fabulous -- showing off those legs -- and got to do some of those epic PURPLE RAIN vocals, that would be phenomenal. It'd be amazing if Drake, for instance, was announced as the Halftime performer and then he brings out CELINE DION as his surprise guest. That would be genius for all kinds of reasons.

With all of that said --- Celine could absolutely put on a STELLAR halftime performance. She feeds off of energy and she has plenty of upbeat songs and could do some unexpected covers. She is also no stranger to SPECTACLE. So many of her shows have had some amazing visuals.
celine and drake is really a great idea, I would love that :)

Edited by ordinary fan, 06 February 2019 - 11:52 AM.

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,639 posts

I think there'd be a lot of backlash if Celine was announced as the headliner for the Superbowl.

That's why I think it will never happen.

Céline's just not a "Superbowl Halftime" artist.

Unless she's really HOT again and has released a few new good uptempo songs. Then maybe.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Javito

Javito

Retiens-moi

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 6,419
  • 13,422 posts
  • Born: 1985
I can only see her giving another unbearable performance of LCMM while jabbering part of the original lyrics mixed with some more unintelligible screams, and it will end up being an embarrassing performance to mock about. So that's a NONONO.

elle3.jpg

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

scielle

scielle

Celine Worshipper

• Members
  • 7,046 posts

Even though she's widely accepted as a Legend / Icon these days, I think there'd be a lot of backlash if Celine was announced as the headliner for the Superbowl. The only way I can imagine this happening is if she ends up having a big hit single again or something like that (which is totally possible, especially if it's a duet with a "current" artist). The halftime shows these days are usually for more current artists.

That's not strictly true. McCartney has done it, Tom Petty, The Who...lots of "legacy" artists.
But I agree that Celine is not at all a fit here, unless a guest with another artist.

celinesounds

celinesounds

MY NEW SINGLE OUT NOW

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 7,841
  • 6,542 posts
  • Born: 1981
Gloria Estefan did it why not Celine

https://youtu.be/LfZoeBM4hqg?t=402

NEW SINGLE - ENG

isurrender

isurrender

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 781
  • 1,985 posts
  • Born: 1985
Céline is a great performer and actually the only one to be able to "hold" an audience without any big show.

However that's not the policy of the superbowl and her repertoire doesn't fit.

However she can do it and still pay a tribute to her discography with a show full of big uptempos covers 😁

browseceline

browseceline

Celine Worshipper

• Design Team
    • Member ID: 15,970
  • 6,147 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 PM
  • Born: 1977

View PostJavito, on 06 February 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

I can only see her giving another unbearable performance of LCMM while jabbering part of the original lyrics mixed with some more unintelligible screams, and it will end up being an embarrassing performance to mock about. So that's a NONONO.

time to ban that song forever haha it had its time and place..now gone with it please

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nmj

Nmj

Celinephile

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 11,244
  • 10,333 posts
  • Born: 1989

View Postcelinesounds, on 06 February 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Gloria Estefan did it why not Celine

https://youtu.be/LfZoeBM4hqg?t=402

Gloria Estefan the queen of Latin uptempo pop? Of course she can do it, I love Celine and would love to see her at the Super Bowl but it just isn’t her crowd and honestly I don’t think it would work. As an artist you have to weigh the cons and pros and it just seems like it would be a good overall idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 246 user(s)

broadwaymike92, Ejion, emmanuel, Celinex, Remon, Peppercorn1991, Critiaslux, Javito, Zofia, Nmj, celinesounds, Katie, Daysleeper, hugo020, celinefanonline, CSCfan, Davey84, giannislyber, manu23, duri, anewdayhascome, béné, maki_Dion-er, nowanorris, Holborn, joaofilho, isabel leite, Loup_garou, selsdion, couldawouldashoulda, Naiomi zhannah, scielle, CelineDionForeverNY, québecflower, pat200, DionFanAlways, nuts2you, PC_59, comingback, jpatdeleon09, smw, ivo, angelil78, BartFCS, ordinary fan, mattia, Lolo88, Ajax, maria_k, Squall, ruimarques, CDion05, Ronny83, karen5, donpi86, stéph14, Ncarbia, KCM, Alex_Incognito, jwawesomepanda, Kian, Domi, actofcontrition, Celine Fan 77, frana, justinecoria, marc-02, rpopowski, Xpresso, Taking Chances, winforlife, Cuquito, Schwa83, takeachance, jaapjan, hala, Dion2000, No1IrishFan, dawn, pepillo90, Dertz1, celinecolombian, Bartholdemus, karalayna, commoncommoncommon, your_light, stevo, Frenchie, brendanm999, Julianne, cdurand54, ryba, ChuChu, roro, alextrusca, Rea, bilinkew, Modesta, noyau, PaulTo, Angel2006, soso12, celine19, chinit0, TommKat22, manolo19, Overjoyed, CelineIloilo, SvetlanaSav, Roland61, somaltseva, tomier, mcbg1, MonDion, vzon, manilou, chocolatechip15, ssummer, IamRha, max24, hollylou, andrecb, lyn, twk3395, taz111563, Fuzzy, enno2007, Jeffieboi, Cafe67, A new day..., GameC, drewrussellmusic, dj4celine, duchess83, Lizzy, tessika, felicia, Matias, superstar85ca, dionicfan, lucassfilho, Caledor, Hjiddosem, homerton, mar19ieke, Milena5, natalie_, Ukrfan, DestinMg5, maikan, Lotty, chawatak, CELINE MARIE, Joe, Moo112, Kristinaz, sayyed, aileejang05, fabricio esteves, shaimaa, wayne0223, xTheGoodBoyx, Raevaz, Celcool, EternalSunshine, Mozzy88, DEUX, Neddo, lnde3, onix, Del, MustangSven, koala44, tim123, Sweetceline, klmalling, crazy4music, mike_z, Austinadk, celfan123, krazy_kool_dude, Miha, imaswede78, cdfan32, remykyes, marif, Dylan Callender, Duchess, bakorder, mebe, celine28, Jessyka, Ororo Munroe, MaxRayÎles, estebandm, ahmed_dh90, andrew856, Timster, celine4evauk, incognito, Frozen_Phoenix, minolli, Leone, violet, gian982, sailornic, chs, fikus1, isurrender, danger, Manila, blue515, kevincheung410, CelineFanInSoCal, dmeredith, celinefan1991, pisces0384, jepoi, Shaun, CelineDionFreak, eduardomolina, bourque222, GoldenLeaf, cher&celinefan, Victorine, Kyle_Jared, neilg, clbmed02, Henri, dorfus, vr6chickbeenfound, Pekoe, RosieBarron, delta, Esty, Jackie, pame-65, Boy, PuraVida, ChristaStojkovic, Anne29, woodstock, debora, Kong, sfbaysinger, frankster

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy