Las Vegas Shows  

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum

Welcome to Celine Dion Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Celine Dion Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Click here to become a member!

"Taking Chances" album - Official TopicRelease date: Nov. 7th, 2007

8786 replies to this topic

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,141
  • 2,927 posts
  • Local time: 10:52 AM
  • Skin: Celine 2016
please can someone explain what's going on here? :o

"i knew i loved you" is a song from this album??? is it going to be the first single or is it just a song they r recording for a diffrent project?

Céline's Blues

Céline's Blues

What a fine lass!

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 374
  • 7,677 posts
  • Local time: 05:52 PM
  • Born: 1923
That's a song she's recording for a compilation, gogo. Nothing to do with her new English album that is slated to be released in March 2008. :)

Posted Image

Nando Férri

Nando Férri

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 654
  • 3,528 posts
  • Local time: 11:52 AM
  • Born: 1985
I think you're confused... Rene was talking about THE FRENCH album... just count; 2003 was her last brand new french album, "1F&4T". In 2007 it will have 4 years... and we already know that she will release a new french album in 2007... Put the pieces together...

Edited by Nando Férri, 27 September 2006 - 10:10 AM.

Posted Image

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
guys we have to wait and see - while i think for a long time now that her next english release is going to be around 2008 , this article is not saying anything about a new english album .
the first album in four years can be the new french album due next year...we already heard that it's not gonna be released in the summer but in the fall so maybe rene is talking about the new french album who knows?

i think we should send this news with the source to celinedion.com and ask for an official comment .

Edited by thevoice, 27 September 2006 - 10:13 AM.

CSCfan

CSCfan

Talk to me, talk to me.... like lovers do..

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 427
  • 10,923 posts
  • Local time: 04:52 PM

siur, on Sep 27 2006, 06:04 PM, said:

Please, René said many things in the past that haven't materialized. If you want to blindly trust him I can't help but chuckle. Way to go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh that's the same with a lot of people.
But lately he has been right, he's been talking a lot to the press lately.
And he has things up his sleeve..just watch..  ^_^

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Love,

Love,

Il mio cuore è per voi

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 9,144
  • 4,759 posts
Cool news!  B)
and yes... 2004 + 4 = 2008.
So, we are looking at a Spring release (hopefully!)

This news will surely get sebseb and gogo to have insomnia for the next two weeks.

kdw123

kdw123

Celine Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,177
  • 599 posts
  • Local time: 08:52 AM
  • Born: 1983
This is so exciting!!!!     Rene said next year and he and Celine both have said that Miracle was never meant to be released as a CD by itself...it was meant to be released with the book and Sony decided to release the CD by itself.    So OH was released in 2003 and 4 years later will be 2007.    Plus this makes perfect sence if this rumor of Celine touring in 2008 is true.    Most artist release a CD and then a few months later tour.    I hope this is her best CD yet.

Céline's Blues

Céline's Blues

What a fine lass!

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,677 posts
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I just read closely. Reney spoke surely about the new #French# album! Yes yes yes!!!!

Céline's English career is now limited to sing on other artists' compilation and tribute albums. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Posted Image

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,923 posts

Nando Férri, on Sep 27 2006, 06:10 PM, said:

I think you're confused... Rene was talking about THE FRENCH album... just count; 2003 was her last brand new french album, "1F&4T". In 2007 it will have 4 years... and we already know that she will release a new french album in 2007... Put the pieces together...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thevoice, on Sep 27 2006, 06:12 PM, said:

guys we have to wait and see - while i think for a long time now that her next english release is going to be around 2008 , this article is not saying anything about a new english album .
the first album in four years can be the new french album due next year...we already heard that it's not gonna be released in the summer but in the fall so maybe rene is talking about the new french album who knows?

i think we should send this news with the source to celinedion.com and ask for an official comment .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

René meant present day (4 years), not when the album is released. ANDHC was released 4,5 years ago, OH 3,5 years ago. 1F&4T was released 3 years ago. He clearly said "first album in 4 years", so it's just logic. Another is that they would specifically mention it would be a "French album" if it was the case. Coz this was an interview with an American newspaper, not a French/Canadian one. And they never/rarely mention French releases in English-speaking interviews, why would they/he now. And..the French album is a done deal, they already talked about that with Columbia/Epic/SonyBMG. So why would they meet about it again (on such a short notice, as they already have with discussing the French album).. it just has to be an English album.

Céline's Blues

Céline's Blues

What a fine lass!

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,677 posts

CSCfan, on Sep 27 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

Nando Férri, on Sep 27 2006, 06:10 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thevoice, on Sep 27 2006, 06:12 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

René meant present day (4 years), not when the album is released. ANDHC was released 4,5 years ago, OH 3,5 years ago. 1F&4T was released 3 years ago. He clearly said "first album in 4 years", so it's just logic. Another is that they would specifically mention it would be a "French album" if it was the case. Coz this was an interview with an American newspaper, not a French/Canadian one. And they never/rarely mention French releases in English-speaking interviews, why would they/he now. And..the French album is a done deal, they already talked about that with Columbia/Epic/SonyBMG. So why would they meet about it again (on such a short notice, as they already have with discussing the French album).. it just has to be an English album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't listen to Mathias. He doesn't know anything.

René was SO speaking about the French album!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Her best masterpiece everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Tal

Tal

Celine Obsessed

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,923
  • 2,677 posts
  • Local time: 09:52 AM
  • Born: 1980
I don't give a flying crap whats release when.  The only thing I ask for is a well thought out, well planned English album, and the hope that she takes time to record and produce it as well as maybe contribute some good material of her own.

I live my life like a runaway
I hide my dreams in a special place
I'm waiting here for my prince to come
To save me from the darkness...

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,923 posts

kdw123, on Sep 27 2006, 06:16 PM, said:

This is so exciting!!!!     Rene said next year and he and Celine both have said that Miracle was never meant to be released as a CD by itself...it was meant to be released with the book and Sony decided to release the CD by itself.    So OH was released in 2003 and 4 years later will be 2007.    Plus this makes perfect sence if this rumor of Celine touring in 2008 is true.    Most artist release a CD and then a few months later tour.    I hope this is her best CD yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, exactly.. :flowers:
(Miracle is a concept album)

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
seb - u know that celine will release a new english album around 2008 so even if rene talked about the french album we r still getting a new english record in 2008 :giggle:

what do u guys think about asking celinedion.com about it and giving them the link so they wont treat it as just another rumor??

Céline's Blues

Céline's Blues

What a fine lass!

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,677 posts
Yeah, especially I think it's too soon speaking about a new English release that is scheduled to be released in MARCH 2008, gogo, I know. ;) But now let's rejoice over the new French album of poetry! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! lol

Posted Image

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

siur, on Sep 27 2006, 11:34 AM, said:

Yeah, especially I think it's too soon speaking about a new English release that is scheduled to be released in MARCH 2008, gogo, I know. ;) But now let's rejoice over the new French album of poetry! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i want more details about the new english album...they should take a high profile producer for this one , they need to learn from past mistakes and start talking about this album NOW - they need to create a hype surrounding her next english release...so people will wait for it :giggle:

Nando Férri

Nando Férri

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 654
  • 3,528 posts

siur, on Sep 27 2006, 01:24 PM, said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I just read closely. Reney spoke surely about the new #French# album! Yes yes yes!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly... :ermm:

Posted Image

sayyed

sayyed

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,723
  • 1,652 posts
  • Born: 1986
hmmm... I don't believe anything before celinedion.com confirms it. We've had so many rumors the last months...
But i'm sure that if it's true Rene talks about a new English CD. The French is already confirmed for August '07 and THAT is not the end of the show.....the end is in mid-december.... So the English CD will be released Jan/Feb/March '08. It's cool that they already talk about it.... it will be such a major release and a kind of comeback to the spotlight (chartswise), my hopes will get high!

siur, on Sep 27 2006, 03:58 PM, said:

Sony's main milk cow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Siur I must say: I LOVE YOU!  :flowers:

thevoice

thevoice

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts
[quote name='sayyed' date='Sep 27 2006, 12:26 PM']
The French is already confirmed for August '07

not true . it's confirmed for fall of 2007 .

sayyed

sayyed

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 1,723
  • 1,652 posts
  • Born: 1986

VinnyT., on Sep 8 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

NOUVEAU CD FRANCOPHONE
Le lancement est prévu pour le 25 août 2007.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:flowers:

Edited by sayyed, 27 September 2006 - 11:35 AM.

VinnyT.

VinnyT.

Quello dallo sguardo cattivello!

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 17
  • 18,975 posts
  • Born: 1981
I don't think René wants to promote Céline's comeback, as he did with this Las Vegas reporter, with a french album. Surely René knows the reporter wanted to know when will Céline come back with a MAJOR ENGLISH ALBUM. French is not a big deal for English audience. And surely René would have not the need of dealing NOW with Sony BMG for a French album whose postproduction is already at more than 50%. It would be something in works, so an English album.
For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

Posted Image
click on the banner

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,923 posts
René said August 2007. (although the 25th sounds illogical, coz it's on a Saturday)
CD.com said Fall 2007.

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,923 posts

VinnyT., on Sep 27 2006, 07:40 PM, said:

I don't think René wants to promote Céline's comeback, as he did with this Las Vegas reporter, with a french album. Surely René knows the reporter wanted to know when will Céline come back with a MAJOR ENGLISH ALBUM. French is not a big deal for English audience. And surely René would have not the need of dealing NOW with Sony BMG for a French album whose postproduction is already at more than 50%. It would be something in works, so an English album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love you!  :flowers:

VinnyT.

VinnyT.

Quello dallo sguardo cattivello!

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 17
  • 18,975 posts

CSCfan, on Sep 27 2006, 07:43 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's just logic. I don't think that speaking about Quincy Jones' collaboration, René came out of the blue: "You know what? Céline will come back after 4 years (which would be not true for the French audience, she was in France last year!) with a great FRENCH album, written by FRENCH litterature writers! American people will love it for sure! So, look forward to it!".  :lmao:  And if the meeting with Sony BMG would be for the French album, imagine if Sony BMG will say "NO! We don't want this French album!"... they will get the whole project in the garbage?!  :giggle:  It would be absurd!  :D
For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

Posted Image
click on the banner

CSCfan

CSCfan

• Channel Addicts
  • 10,923 posts

VinnyT., on Sep 27 2006, 07:49 PM, said:

CSCfan, on Sep 27 2006, 07:43 PM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's just logic. I don't think that speaking about Quincy Jones' collaboration, René came out of the blue: "You know what? Céline will come back after 4 years (which would be not true for the French audience, she was in France last year!) with a great FRENCH album, written by FRENCH litterature writers! American people will love it for sure! So, look forward to it!".  :lmao:  And if the meeting with Sony BMG would be for the French album, imagine if Sony BMG will say "NO! We don't want this French album!"... they will get the whole project in the garbage?!  :giggle:  It would be absurd!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly!  :wub:
(logic, logic, logic, logic - we're just like Vulcans)

Ronny83

Ronny83

Va bene così, Milano?

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 14
  • 17,305 posts
  • Local time: 03:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. A Las Vegas reporter wouldn't care about her "comeback" in FRENCH.  :giggle:

CelineTheBest5

CelineTheBest5

Celine Addict

• Channel Addicts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 24
  • 3,384 posts
Great News!! It will be a amazing album, I´m sure!

Bruno Portugal

Bruno Portugal

Celine Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 5,815
  • 2,199 posts
  • Local time: 02:52 PM

VinnyT., on Sep 27 2006, 03:00 PM, said:

12:30 p.m. GMT) Celine Dion and legendary producer Quincy Jones are teaming up for the first time. Dion and Jones got together at the Palms recording studios on Tuesday (YESTERDAY) for a special record. They are collaborating on a song for a tribute CD to Italian composer Ennio Morricone, best known for scoring Clint Eastwood's classic spaghetti western "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly."

"It's the principal reason why we accepted, to work with Quincy," Dion's husband/manager Rene Angelil said. Oscar-winning lyricists Alan and Marilyn Bergman have written the lyrics for the song, titled "I Knew I Loved You," which didn't have lyrics in director Sergio Leone's 1984 film "Once Upon a Time in America," starring Robert DeNiro and James Woods. Nominated 16 times for Oscars, the Bergmans won Academy Awards in 1968, 1973 and 1984 for the songs, "The Windmills of Your Mind," "The Way We Were," and for the score for "Yentl."

Angelil said Dion's first album in four years will come out next year, when her four-year run at Caesars Palace ends. A meeting with her record company is scheduled for next week, he said.

DA"Review-Journal" :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:w00t:
- A new French album;
- The DVD "A New Day... Live In Las Vegas";
- A song produced by Quincy Jones to an Ennio Morricone album;
- A new English album...

All I can say is: THANKS CELINE!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Take your time and make something brilliant. :kicking:

Like many here I hope the new English album will be released on March 2008. :thumbsup2:

Mozinha

Mozinha

That's just the teacher in me baby...

• Channel Addicts
    • Member ID: 28
  • 6,347 posts
You know what makes me seriously LMAO? People who think their opinions are more reliable than René's word.

Anyways, I almost jumped with excitement when I read this, especially when I read Ennio Morricone. But, as always, I'm not getting my hopes up. Talk to you latter when this is confirmed.
Posted Image

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

firebird

firebird

Celine Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Member ID: 4,011
  • 1,680 posts
That's great. Morricone has such a beautiful sound. Though, in the movie they are talking about, Once Upon A Time In America, there is no song called I Knew I Loved You, so I don't know what they mean.

Listen to the main theme from the score, it's really beautiful, so haunting. Amazing orchestration. I can really imaging Celine singing lyrics to that song.

[Ennio Morricone - Once Upon A Time In America]  :in_love:

Céline's Blues

Céline's Blues

What a fine lass!

• Channel Addicts
  • 7,677 posts

Mozinha, on Sep 27 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

You know what makes me seriously LMAO? People who think their opinions are more reliable than René's word.
I sooooooooooooooooooo agree - Mathias must be soooooooooooooo blind.  :mdr:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 185 user(s)

Crazy for Celine, westpalm542, Natiwan, n loves c, tavoalama, frankster, Celinex, ordinary fan, meandmrjones, celinesounds, Céline RO, Katie, Remon, isabel leite, woodstock, pat200, giannislyber, PuraVida, nuts2you, Lolo88, Javito, Taking Chances, dawn, Jeff Abbott, rfkavanagh, comingback, manolo19, Jackie, jpatdeleon09, Loup_garou, CelineDionForeverNY, TommKat22, Boy, Fanxiaoqiang, alextrusca, MaxRayÎles, Joe, CSCfan, jmiracle, alltheway0384, mattia, joaofilho, couldawouldashoulda, Celine Fan 77, Frenchie, Thomas, ivo, ryba, rodrigo, drove all night, Ukrfan, SuperLove4Celine, Shaun, No1IrishFan, Bandika, garçon, Angel2006, federico, Chantemoi, tal-sh2, pepillo90, chinit0, Schwa83, manu23, MaiconSC, kevincheung410, thatstheteacherinmehbaby, max24, superuomovate, Smart17, remykyes, WCD199317, Esty, Roland61, Tricey3115, IamRha, violet, Flymetothemoon, PaulTo, Peppercorn1991, Bruno Portugal, Holborn, nowanorris, actofcontrition, québecflower, Daysleeper, Davey84, emi&celine, anewdayhascome, delta, chs, Mark_Rdam, Ziggy68, GoldenLeaf, your_light, angelil78, Simon, LeChauffeur100, smw, MusicCollection, scielle, Critiaslux, n1ko, TakingChancesFAN, Ginahall218, Ri2n, lily94, celinefanonline, pame-65, celine19, brendanm999, Ororo Munroe, Bruno Dion, GUSAM28, liketheair, cec, Overjoyed, SamLM, fabricio esteves, joc13, Julianne, chocolatechip15, tomantha, HushNow, Timster, isurrender, Naiomi zhannah, Ronny83, Niko's, duchess83, Philippe1984, winforlife, garint7, AtitanicfanofCelineDion, Nautanick, iza, jaapjan, twk3395, Alex_Incognito, maria_k, mrkase, budtkaboy2000, MistaChanel, Sebulba1, guigafs15, cher&celinefan, mariox, nomys, BartFCS, chawatak, duri, Mozzy88, emmanuel, aniaa19, frana, celinedion87, ThisTime, Ncarbia, OscarK, 7777, celine28, earl36, Thinktwicefan, Andlin, ekaitz, Austėja, Caledor, Lotty, Fuzzy, guitarralopez, bruno_oliveira, baldanito, zenmeban, JasonFromTheMoon, EternalSunshine, jesaispas, dorfus, amless, kmonline, Celine-Express, takeachance, LuisMa, juank_m22, VICT0R, Neddo

Administrators: Koolan & Bellamy