george_matei Posted September 4, 2023 at 03:58 PM Posted September 4, 2023 at 03:58 PM LA the album #44 https://kworb.net/charts/aitunes/us.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Quote
mebe Posted September 4, 2023 at 04:08 PM Posted September 4, 2023 at 04:08 PM (edited) LA the album #44 https://kworb.net/charts/aitunes/us.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmfAnd a lot of albums placed higher are related to Jimmy Buffet who just passed away this weekend. D'eux is now #16 on iTunes Canada due to the tribute to the album in Québec city this weekend ! Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk Edited September 4, 2023 at 04:18 PM by mebe 1 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 4, 2023 at 06:22 PM Posted September 4, 2023 at 06:22 PM You REALLY hate this movie don’t you? No, I don’t “hate” it… I just want SO MUCH for it to be a good movie! 1 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 4, 2023 at 11:11 PM Posted September 4, 2023 at 11:11 PM (edited) I watched it for the second time, and I can’t help but wonder how many people stopped the movie within 30 minutes… It was just as bad as I remembered, and I find it far easier to count the few moments that *did* work than the innumerable ones that didn’t. Even if the acting was up to par, the writing was so unnatural and unbelievable — from the sister, to the workplace banter, to the diner scenes — it all fell flat. I'm very happy for Celine's sake (and Sam/Priyanka, I do think they did a fine job with what they were given) that the movie ranked #1 on Netflix but the movie itself doesn't deserve it lol. The script is incredibly generic and weak and it's not helped at all with the lack of quality cinematography. It's a visually unappealing movie imo. It looks like a quickly made TV movie and not a movie that cost 10 million to make. I've watched movies with a lower budget that look better. Edited September 4, 2023 at 11:17 PM by maki_Dion-er 3 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 5, 2023 at 02:09 AM Posted September 5, 2023 at 02:09 AM I'm very happy for Celine's sake (and Sam/Priyanka, I do think they did a fine job with what they were given) that the movie ranked #1 on Netflix but the movie itself doesn't deserve it lol. The script is incredibly generic and weak and it's not helped at all with the lack of quality cinematography. It's a visually unappealing movie imo. It looks like a quickly made TV movie and not a movie that cost 10 million to make. I've watched movies with a lower budget that look better. Agree with you about the cinematography. The blocking was really bland, too, which I expect was…because of Covid? I don’t know… the only scene I loved was the montage with ANDHC. Other than that, I was rewriting, reframing, and reediting the movie in my mind while I watched it lol 1 Quote
stone Posted September 5, 2023 at 06:59 AM Posted September 5, 2023 at 06:59 AM Agree with you about the cinematography. The blocking was really bland, too, which I expect was…because of Covid? I don’t know… the only scene I loved was the montage with ANDHC. Other than that, I was rewriting, reframing, and reediting the movie in my mind while I watched it lol I wish I could see your version! I too, had much higher hopes for it to be better than the outcome….could be worse, could’ve been Gigli or Glitter 😂😂😂 Quote
Chantemoi Posted September 5, 2023 at 09:31 AM Posted September 5, 2023 at 09:31 AM I wish I could see your version! I too, had much higher hopes for it to be better than the outcome….could be worse, could’ve been Gigli or Glitter 😂😂😂 I’ve not seen those, but you brought up a great point: Mariah, J Lo and Madonna have starred in some major flops yet no one really dwells on that. Maybe because Céline didn’t promote this film, it will go under the radar? And hopefully she’ll get the chance to have another role one day. If she gets involved with the right project, she could have the chance to win an Oscar for a cameo or supporting role. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 5, 2023 at 02:55 PM Posted September 5, 2023 at 02:55 PM (edited) The difference between Mariah and Céline’s acting is.. Céline got the praise on acting while Mariah - she got bashed with her acting (nominated for the razzie award worst actress) + bad movie (on rotten tomatoes it was only 6% and audience score only 48%) Comparing the two movies. Love Again is much better. Edited September 5, 2023 at 02:59 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted September 5, 2023 at 06:29 PM Posted September 5, 2023 at 06:29 PM (edited) I’ve not seen those, but you brought up a great point: Mariah, J Lo and Madonna have starred in some major flops yet no one really dwells on that. Maybe because Céline didn’t promote this film, it will go under the radar? And hopefully she’ll get the chance to have another role one day. If she gets involved with the right project, she could have the chance to win an Oscar for a cameo or supporting role. I've never seen Mariah's movie but I think Love Again has done better (now helped also by streaming). She's also been praised for her part and acting, many even saying she was the best thing in the movie. Definitely more successful than Mariah's movie imo. As for JLo and Madonna, we can't compare Celine's one movie role to JLo's movie career which has several successful and famous roles. Madonna also has also had success. Celine could definitely have had a good film career, especially in drama. Maybe she still can one day (even if only in important support roles). Edited September 5, 2023 at 06:34 PM by maki_Dion-er 1 Quote
smw Posted September 5, 2023 at 08:33 PM Posted September 5, 2023 at 08:33 PM (edited) I rewatched Love Again on Netflix — and I enjoyed it even more than when I saw it in theaters. I think a lot more people are discovering this movie now, and it’s fun to see Celine’s music climbing the iTunes chart. It’s still the #1 movie on Netflix today. Edited September 5, 2023 at 08:34 PM by smw 5 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted September 5, 2023 at 10:50 PM Posted September 5, 2023 at 10:50 PM I rewatched Love Again on Netflix — and I enjoyed it even more than when I saw it in theaters. I think a lot more people are discovering this movie now, and it’s fun to see Celine’s music climbing the iTunes chart. It’s still the #1 movie on Netflix today. I agree my sister saw it and she’s purely Taylor Swift now and she loved it. Told me it had her playing Celine all day on Spotify . So - it did it’s job ! 2 Quote
mebe Posted September 5, 2023 at 10:54 PM Posted September 5, 2023 at 10:54 PM The Gift is #189 on Shazam in the US! Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 3 Quote
Zofia Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:09 AM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:09 AM I've not seen those, but you brought up a great point: Mariah, J Lo and Madonna have starred in some major flops yet no one really dwells on that. Maybe because Céline didn't promote this film, it will go under the radar? And hopefully she'll get the chance to have another role one day. If she gets involved with the right project, she could have the chance to win an Oscar for a cameo or supporting role. Agreed! On one condition: that she no longer plays the role of herself. It's a trap, especially for someone who enjoys playing herself in everyday public life. With such a weak script and working at a distance, she was in no state to save this turnip. On the other hand, in "Les fleurs sur la neige" she proved herself capable of embodying a personality quite the opposite of her own. In this entire TV series, it's her acting that has aged the least. 4 Quote
alltheway0384 Posted September 6, 2023 at 01:15 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 01:15 PM this film would have been a much bigger success at the end of 99 and beginning of 2000, at the time of Love at First Sight in Noting Hill. it must be said that the cast is still not great. without Céline it would have been even worse. most of the audience came just to see her on the big screen. 1 Quote
smw Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:04 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:04 PM Team Celine posted about Love Again’s success on Netflix. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:21 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:21 PM (edited) Some of you are pathetic and tragic! Creaming your undies…“Oh TC posted about this”… what the f*** are you on praising those incompetent pricks for?!? Wake the f*** up, these twats are the problem and should be unemployed… they are lazy, thick, ****! I don’t think Rene could roll in his grave anymore with what a s*** show they have done with her career and for the fans since Aldo left… it’s a huge insult for all involved! What have TC given fans since Rene died… and since Céline’s been on a break since 2020, absolutely f*** all!!!! Have a word with yourself for f*** sake, it’s embarrassing! Edited September 6, 2023 at 10:23 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:28 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:28 PM (edited) Some of you are pathetic and tragic! Creaming your undies…“Oh TC posted about this”… what the f*** are you on praising those incompetent pricks for?!? Wake the f*** up, these twats are the problem and should be unemployed… they are lazy, thick, ****! I don’t think Rene could roll in his grave anymore with what a s*** show they have done with her career and for the fans since Aldo left… it’s a huge insult for all involved! What have TC given fans since Rene died… and since Céline’s been on a break since 2020, absolutely f*** all!!!! Have a word with yourself for f*** sake, it’s embarrassing! You are bang on. Team Celine are incompetent lazy no good asses who disgrace an artist of her stature. Edited September 6, 2023 at 10:28 PM by KyleVan41 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:49 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:49 PM Some of you are pathetic and tragic! Creaming your undies…“Oh TC posted about this”… what the f*** are you on praising those incompetent pricks for?!? Wake the f*** up, these twats are the problem and should be unemployed… they are lazy, thick, ****! I don’t think Rene could roll in his grave anymore with what a s*** show they have done with her career and for the fans since Aldo left… it’s a huge insult for all involved! What have TC given fans since Rene died… and since Céline’s been on a break since 2020, absolutely f*** all!!!! Have a word with yourself for f*** sake, it’s embarrassing! Who praised them? All smw said was that TC posted about LA’s Netflix success. A simple fact. They didn’t go into some deep detail about how wonderful they are for doing so. Maybe YOU are the one who needs to have a word with himself. The anger in your post is very telling, and wildly unwarranted. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Chantemoi Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:55 PM Posted September 6, 2023 at 10:55 PM Misplaced anger much? For all the things they do poorly, I’d say today’s post is actually something they did right - by informing the public that LA is not only on Netflix, but trending. I still think the movie’s sh*te, but if it bumps her numbers on music streaming platforms, it’s a win-win. Especially if it exposes her newer music to the causal fan. 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted September 7, 2023 at 12:56 AM Posted September 7, 2023 at 12:56 AM Man...put the bottle away. 3 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
smw Posted September 7, 2023 at 01:07 AM Posted September 7, 2023 at 01:07 AM (edited) Some of you are pathetic and tragic! Creaming your undies…“Oh TC posted about this”… what the f*** are you on praising those incompetent pricks for?!? Wake the f*** up, these twats are the problem and should be unemployed… they are lazy, thick, ****! I don’t think Rene could roll in his grave anymore with what a s*** show they have done with her career and for the fans since Aldo left… it’s a huge insult for all involved! What have TC given fans since Rene died… and since Céline’s been on a break since 2020, absolutely f*** all!!!! Have a word with yourself for f*** sake, it’s embarrassing! Edited September 7, 2023 at 01:07 AM by smw 1 Quote
stone Posted September 7, 2023 at 01:43 AM Posted September 7, 2023 at 01:43 AM Man...put the bottle away. 🤣🤣🤣 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted September 7, 2023 at 03:44 AM Posted September 7, 2023 at 03:44 AM LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
PuraVida Posted September 7, 2023 at 10:09 AM Posted September 7, 2023 at 10:09 AM I'd watch the film again, I thought Celine's acting was pretty good. I had an issue with the writing at times, and the COVID issue definitely impacted the film...but I thought it was a romcom with a heart. 2 Quote
ordinary fan Posted September 7, 2023 at 12:00 PM Posted September 7, 2023 at 12:00 PM I love that movie, waiting until it is available on Netflix in Germany to watch it again. I only saw it once in cinema together with my boyfriend and we loved it 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 7, 2023 at 05:33 PM Posted September 7, 2023 at 05:33 PM (edited) is Love Again still #1 in US Netflix? saw this on twitter (latest tweets) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet[/background][/size] Edited September 7, 2023 at 05:36 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
smw Posted September 7, 2023 at 05:47 PM Posted September 7, 2023 at 05:47 PM (edited) is Love Again still #1 in US Netflix? saw this on twitter (latest tweets) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet[/background][/size] I can only imagine Celine cares about the success of her projects. So I hope this is some good news her team shared with her and brightened her day. I honestly wasn’t expecting the film to make such a big splash on Netflix. I feared it would be lost in the sea of so many other shows and movies. I’m pleasantly surprised. And it gives me hope that Celine’s documentary will also make a big impact. So many people are interested in her huge career, her marriage to Rene, her sons, and of course now her very rare condition. Edited September 7, 2023 at 05:49 PM by smw 2 Quote
smw Posted September 7, 2023 at 06:14 PM Posted September 7, 2023 at 06:14 PM Is it just me… or does Celine look particularly beautiful in that bonus scene during the credits of the film? I think it’s her best look in the entire movie. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 7, 2023 at 06:42 PM Posted September 7, 2023 at 06:42 PM Is it just me… or does Celine look particularly beautiful in that bonus scene during the credits of the film? I think it's her best look in the entire movie. Maybe the bonus scene is the latest one they shot (not really part of the movie) and they just inserted it for the fans? I think someone posted the instagram post of this look of hers with the director. Quote
Celinelife Posted September 20, 2023 at 05:11 PM Posted September 20, 2023 at 05:11 PM Love Again is now available in Netflix India Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.