wjd Posted January 2, 2017 at 07:47 PM Posted January 2, 2017 at 07:47 PM I wonder how Céline will look back on 2016 - I imagine she'll look at it as one of the hardest years of her life thus far. I still cannot believe that Rene is no longer with her - yet it feels given how much coverage it's had that he's been longer than 1 year since he passed. But it hasn't - next week represents 1 year since the great man departed. I personally will remember the year as one of triumph in the face of emotional heartbreak for Céline - she managed to achieve a great many things throughout the year despite the very personal losses she suffered [with both her husband and brother dying in January, and her brother in law being referred to a palliative care facility for terminal cancer in August]. Alongside receiving another stunning album with equally stunning chart success to match, she toured Francophone Europe to rave reviews and marked her 1,000th show in Las Vegas. Whilst doing this, she also became an almost anti-hero of fashion thanks to Law Roach and December saw her iconic Christmas record return to the charts in a big way, achieving success it hasn't seen for at least half a decade. She was the recipient of the Billboard Icon Award and she accepted a posthumous recognition award for Rene at l'ADISQ. She also recorded two English songs - a less than stellar The Show Must Go On [which is fantastic live] and the very somber Recovering. Her greatest performance moment for me was this... [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63KLjM0mFkU[/media] It still manages to give me goosebumps, it's simply amazing and I would've loved for her to have recorded it. As for Rene, well he will continue to be missed - Aldo has done great things for Céline thus far, but it'll never be the same. Rene and Céline were the ultimate couple in music - the greatest manager alive and the greatest singer alive, they were unbeatable. In 2017, Céline is set to release a new English album - which I hope is a big step up from Loved Me Back To Life [an album of two halves] and I hope she finally follows through on her promise to tour her key English markets in Europe - I need to see her live. Given how cruel life has been to music icons in 2016, I hope for this to be sooner rather than later. 7 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Popular Post LukeD Posted January 4, 2017 at 10:36 PM Popular Post Posted January 4, 2017 at 10:36 PM Thinking of Celine in the context of 2016 brings mixed emotions to me. I think I will be remembering it as a sad year. Cause even when she seemed ok and smiled, I would sense she was overexagerrating and that she was not ok. Logically, 2017 will be a better year for her, so I am looking forward to that. 8 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted January 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM Posted January 4, 2017 at 11:17 PM Thinking of Celine in the context of 2016 brings mixed emotions to me. I think I will be remembering it as a sad year. Cause even when she seemed ok and smiled, I would sense she was overexagerrating and that she was not ok. Logically, 2017 will be a better year for her, so I am looking forward to that.Same here Luke, well put. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Bell Posted January 7, 2017 at 05:35 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 05:35 PM When I think of Celine in 2016, the thing that comes to my mind is Rene's death. Quote 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
CelineDionFreak Posted January 7, 2017 at 06:46 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 06:46 PM What comes to my mind first is the strength that she has shown to the world. Many thought she wouldn't be where she is now, I believe many thought she would break. But I knew it would take some time, but she would be back to herself. I definitely see some drastic improvement, but I still can tell she's figuring out how to deal with all of it. I do think she is doing an amazing job, loom at what we got in the summer tour alone!!! But she is learning, adapting, and doing so well. But the performance that ultimately comes to my mind is this one. What an epitome of strength she was that night 4 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Caledor Posted January 7, 2017 at 06:57 PM Posted January 7, 2017 at 06:57 PM I will certainly remember 2016 as a sad year for her, the passings of René and her brother as well. The most powerful and meaningful performance IMO is "With one more look at you", she did the first show in Vegas when she returned (and the whole fisst show in general). Then, the release of EUS makes me think she is doing good, and learning to live her life differently now, with Rene no more physically here, but still alive in her heart and in the life of her sons. This gives her strengh to go on. 4 Quote 29.11.2013 Paris Bercy: Sans attendre... the wait is over !
Kristinaz Posted January 8, 2017 at 05:20 AM Posted January 8, 2017 at 05:20 AM (edited) Thinking of Celine in the context of 2016 brings mixed emotions to me. I think I will be remembering it as a sad year. Cause even when she seemed ok and smiled, I would sense she was overexagerrating and that she was not ok. Logically, 2017 will be a better year for her, so I am looking forward to that. I agree.I felt that during the meet and greet I had with her. Even my mom thought she was a bit off in comparison to what she had seen on tv and on dvds. I'm thinking she's still dealing with Rene's loss. Though I do think she has made enormous progress from when she first returned back in February. I also believe she probably initially didn't want to return but I feel that it's good she did and I think her real turning point where I think she finally saw why Rene wanted her to go back was during the summer tour. I feel that's when we finally started glimpses of the old Celine (I know that sounds wrong I just didn't know how else to word it) Edited January 8, 2017 at 05:20 AM by Kristinaz 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.