wjd Posted December 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM Posted December 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM Google has unveiled lists of the most searched-for songs and artists of the year. Beyoncé tops both lists, being the most Googled music star of 2016 and having the most searched-for song in ‘Formation’. In the most searched artists list, Beyoncé is followed in the top five by Céline Dion, Kesha, Kehlani and Coldplay. Kanye West’s ‘Fade’ video star Teyana Taylor comes sixth, West himself places at number eight, while Guns N’ Roses were the tenth most searched-for artist following their classic-era line-up reunion. Beyoncé’s ‘Formation’ beat Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ to be the most Google-searched song of 2016. Completing the top five were Rae Sremmurd’s ‘Black Beatles’, Desiigner’s ‘Panda’ and Drake’s ‘One Dance’. Also in the top ten most Googled songs were Adele’s ‘Hello’, released in 2015, and Mike Posner’s surprise hit ‘I Took A Pill In Ibiza’. Most Googled artists of 2016: 1. Beyoncé2. Céline Dion3. Kesha4. Kehlani5. Coldplay6. Teyana Taylor7. Grace VanderWaal8. Kanye West9. Jacob Sartorius10. Guns N’ Roses Most Googled songs of 2016: 1. Beyoncé – ‘Formation’2. Prince – ‘Purple Rain’3. Rae Sremmurd – ‘Black Beatles’4. Desiigner – ‘Panda’5. Drake – ‘One Dance’6. DNCE – ‘Cake by the Ocean’7. Adele – ‘Hello”8. Ruth B — “Lost Boy’9. Disturbed – ‘Sound of Silence’10. Mike Posner – ‘I Took a Pill in Ibiza’ Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/most-googled-songs-2016-beyonce-1913063#UptSrBfQLgLJYjUC.99 7 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
CelineDionFreak Posted December 14, 2016 at 01:53 PM Posted December 14, 2016 at 01:53 PM She is? That is really interesting, I never thought she would be the 2nd most paid artist in 2016. That does kinda make sense, but I'm glad she's still popular!! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted December 14, 2016 at 02:17 PM Popular Post Posted December 14, 2016 at 02:17 PM I hate to say it, but it was probably because of Rene and her brother from the beginning of the year. Any appearance she made after they passed was kind of a big deal. I can see why she'd be number 2 most searched. 9 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Popular Post CelineTheBest5 Posted December 14, 2016 at 05:15 PM Popular Post Posted December 14, 2016 at 05:15 PM It was in USA. But in worlwide she was number 1! 12 Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
CelineDionFreak Posted December 15, 2016 at 03:17 AM Posted December 15, 2016 at 03:17 AM It was in USA. But in worlwide she was number 1!Really?!?! WOW! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
nuts2you Posted December 15, 2016 at 08:44 PM Posted December 15, 2016 at 08:44 PM don't forget that she lost her husband this past Jan, so yea it was all over the news Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM Posted December 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM It was in USA. But in worlwide she was number 1! Exactly Quote
Xpresso Posted December 16, 2016 at 01:54 AM Posted December 16, 2016 at 01:54 AM CelineDionFreak - it's not about best paid artists... read again... Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted December 16, 2016 at 02:22 AM Posted December 16, 2016 at 02:22 AM CelineDionFreak - it's not about best paid artists... read again... Oh I know! I understand that it's not that, the most searched. I get why she's #1 but it is a little bit of a shock! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
sfbaysinger Posted December 17, 2016 at 01:50 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 01:50 AM I think that's awesome. Sadly I think it does have a lot to do with current events, but that's still neat. A nice end of year surprise. Quote L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle!
Brandon Posted December 17, 2016 at 05:35 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 05:35 AM I don't know if i believe these polls. They seem to change more often than a street hooker changes clothes. And I haven't heard anyone really talking about Celine since she performed SMGO on Billboard awards. 1 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
LukeD Posted December 17, 2016 at 07:22 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 07:22 AM (edited) Cannot believe it will soon be 1 year since Rene passed away. Everything happened so fast. The death, the funeral, photos and articles, the tribute, the return to performing, Billboard Music Awards, Encore Un Soir, the tour, the interviews, the album, new song in English... and here we are. Being informed Celine was the most searched artist, quite possibly for all the reasons above. I really get the info but I find it hard to fully realize it. Edited December 17, 2016 at 07:25 AM by LukeD 3 Quote
angelil78 Posted December 17, 2016 at 09:41 AM Posted December 17, 2016 at 09:41 AM She was number 8 in most searched people in general as well (without sorting them into groups) 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.