Leo Posted August 24, 2016 at 04:28 PM Posted August 24, 2016 at 04:28 PM Hi! I don't know if you've already seen this. I found footage from Celine's concert at Munich's Olympiastadion on July 1st, 1999. There are various videos with views from different sides. We can see how full the stadium was and that they didn't place the stage at the center of the pitch! http://footage.framepool.com/es/shot/231428212-celine-dion-popstar-frei-otto-concierto-al-aire-libre 60,000 tickets were sold according to Billboard. http://www.americanradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Business/Music/Archive-Billboard-IDX/IDX/90s/1999/BB-1999-12-11-OCR-Page-0080.pdf 4 Quote
Matias Posted August 26, 2016 at 04:50 AM Posted August 26, 2016 at 04:50 AM (edited) The site is under maintenance...F my luck LOL Edited August 26, 2016 at 04:51 AM by Matias Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Critiaslux Posted August 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM Posted August 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM Yeah that year she slayed in Germany :-)But the Taking Chances tour was disappointing: the stage was towards the centre. I was at the Frankfurt concert and the stadium was more tgan half empty. It was sad as there was no atmosphere, no vibe. Since 2003 her albums sales have sharply declined.Hope Aldo will invest in remarketing Celine there. I remember René's interview at the Montreal airport after the ESC in 1988 saying that Germany was the most important market in Europe :-) 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted August 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM Posted August 26, 2016 at 10:57 AM Yeah that year she slayed in Germany :-)But the Taking Chances tour was disappointing: the stage was towards the centre. I was at the Frankfurt concert and the stadium was more tgan half empty. It was sad as there was no atmosphere, no vibe. Since 2003 her albums sales have sharply declined.Hope Aldo will invest in remarketing Celine there. I remember René's interview at the Montreal airport after the ESC in 1988 saying that Germany was the most important market in Europe :-) Quote
ivo Posted August 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM Posted August 26, 2016 at 11:23 AM Yeah that year she slayed in Germany :-)But the Taking Chances tour was disappointing: the stage was towards the centre. I was at the Frankfurt concert and the stadium was more tgan half empty. It was sad as there was no atmosphere, no vibe. Since 2003 her albums sales have sharply declined.Hope Aldo will invest in remarketing Celine there. I remember René's interview at the Montreal airport after the ESC in 1988 saying that Germany was the most important market in Europe :-) I remember seeing the half empty stadiums on youtube, it was kind of sad. They did way too many shows in Germany during TCWT. I wonder what Celine and her team thought of that... 1 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
Leo Posted August 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM Author Posted August 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM The site is under maintenance...F my luck LOL Try again! Quote
Matias Posted August 26, 2016 at 01:52 PM Posted August 26, 2016 at 01:52 PM Try again! works now! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
ryba Posted August 29, 2016 at 11:16 PM Posted August 29, 2016 at 11:16 PM I was there for the TC concert, "only" 16.000 people attended and the concert was very rushed, which was a shame. I felt like she just came to sing her songs and dissapeared Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.