ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:36 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:36 PM Do you guys remember the unreleased song “Quand Ils Sont La” by Yannick Noah that Celine recorded for the album “1 fille & 4 types”? I found the original recording online and think that this song really is magical: (at 0.55 min you can hear the part that Celine sings in the studio) I really wonder why this song was not included on the album. Do you guys know the story, the reasons and the background? I really wish we could get the recording since it sounds like a brilliant song. I look forward to receiving your opinions! 2 Quote
Javito Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:42 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:42 PM Yes, I remember my total excitement when I found the video footage of Céline recording this song, and I couldn't understand (as happens 99,9% of times) why they rejected such an energic, fun and uptempo song 4 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:45 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:45 PM Yes, I remember my total excitement when I found the video footage of Céline recording this song, and I couldn't understand (as happens 99,9% of times) why they rejected such an energic, fun and uptempo song That's exactly what I was thinking, too! It totally fits the mood of the album, and it’s so much better that “Tu nages” or “Des milliers de baisers,” the two songs that I always skip when I listen to that album. 2 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:48 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 09:48 PM Don't kill me but... I do wonder if it was Rene that wasn't into the more uptempo songs... Thoughts? Kev x 4 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:00 PM Don't kill me but... I do wonder if it was Rene that wasn't into the more uptempo songs... Thoughts? Kev xThat's an interesting thought for sure! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM (edited) Don't kill me but... I do wonder if it was Rene that wasn't into the more uptempo songs... Thoughts? Kev xMight be quite possible. Just think about the first run of the second Vegas show that was a snoozefest, and we know it was due to Rene since it's on 3 Boys and a New Show. (Don't get me wrong here, I have all the respect for Rene and I admire him as a manager) Really a shame cause “Quand Ils Sont La” is really a great song. I really want to hear it one day. They really should do something and release all her unreleased material for the die-hard fans as a special gift or make it available for download in a separate fan section Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM by ryba 7 Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM (edited) By the way, is it true that a Special Edition with special photos and a DVD and a special 45-page booklet was sold in 2003? Or was it's release planned, but stopped last minute? Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:35 PM by ryba 1 Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:07 PM (edited) . Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM by ryba Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM (edited) . Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:08 PM by ryba Quote
CELINE MARIE Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM what? where it is? Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:11 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:11 PM (edited) what? where it is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dTUUnilAOk Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:23 PM by ryba Quote
agentwigs Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM By the way, is it true that a Deluxe Edition with special photos and a DVD and a special 45-page booklet was sold in 2003? Or was it's release planned, but stopped last minute? I think that's what I have, not sure it has 45 pages but it's like a hard back book with cd and dvd I'll look it out soon and post a photo! 1 Quote
agentwigs Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Don't think I've heard this!! Link doesn't work Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:22 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:22 PM I think that's what I have, not sure it has 45 pages but it's like a hard back book with cd and dvd I'll look it out soon and post a photo!Thanks so much! A photo would be great! I always tried to buy it but I could never figure out where it is available Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:33 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:33 PM Thanks so much! A photo would be great! I always tried to buy it but I could never figure out where it is availableAre you talking about 1 fille & 4 types special edition? Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:34 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:34 PM (edited) Are you talking about 1 fille & 4 types special edition?yes. Did they ever release one? If yes, do you know if I can still buy it today? Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM by ryba Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM Yeah I've got it... It's a nice package... Kev x 2 Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM You guys are so lucky. I just have the regular album, because in 2003 I didn't know that there is a special edition (back then I had no internet lol). Now I'm trying so hard to find it on Amazon or Ebay, but it's not available anywhere Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:41 PM yes. Did they ever release one?I have this:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160818/98af1129442ca84fb82835e41f24646a.jpgyes. Did they ever release one? If yes, do you know if I can still buy it today? 2 Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM (edited) Sorry I'm on Tapatalk and I don't how to send a photohttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160818/5c8a3dace0630870ff95fac65ad2ce76.jpg Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:47 PM by Daysleeper 1 Quote
ryba Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM Author Posted August 18, 2016 at 10:48 PM (edited) Cool! Many thanks for the pic! Do you remember where you've bought this package? And can you tell me what the DVD contains? Is it the making of the album (in Paris, with long hair) that is 12 mins long and with extracts from the TLDH video at the end? Edited August 18, 2016 at 10:52 PM by ryba 1 Quote
Daysleeper Posted August 18, 2016 at 11:02 PM Posted August 18, 2016 at 11:02 PM (edited) Cool! Many thanks for the pic! Do you remember where you've bought this package? And can you tell me what the DVD contains? Is it the making of the album (in Paris, with long hair) that is 12 mins long and then extracts from the TLDH video?Yes, there is a making of the album on DVD. I don't know how long it is. Unfortunately I can't check it now. It also contains the video of TLDH. I bought it in France back in 2003. I forgot where exactly. The red book is a special edition and actually it's like a booklet that you got with CD only bigger. It also includes all the lyrics. I was a bit disappointed at the time. The little book comes in a separate edition. I think it was an exclusive one and limitrd. It includes behind the scene photos and biography of Céline. And to go back to the topic, there is no bonus songs unfortunately. I would love to hear this unreleased one. They could have put it on this special edition. I guess they are more generous these days Edited August 18, 2016 at 11:07 PM by Daysleeper 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 19, 2016 at 12:27 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 12:27 AM Don't kill me but... I do wonder if it was Rene that wasn't into the more uptempo songs... Thoughts? Kev xI guess it could be. Interesting thought. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted August 19, 2016 at 03:06 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 03:06 AM Don't kill me but... I do wonder if it was Rene that wasn't into the more uptempo songs... I don't know . .I do think most of Rene's favorites are the slower songs. However, she's always had plenty of up-tempo songs in her repertoire -- but her ballads are what have tended to become hits for her; what the world has responded to the most. And. .take Unison, for instance. It's probably the album on which Celine had the *least* input in terms of song choice. . her first English album, when she was very young and barely spoke English. Yet I think Unison has more uptempo songs than *any other* album -- at least, as a percentage. It's more than 1/2 uptempo (or at least midtempo - I'm no musician). But the only song from that album that really stuck was WDMHBN . .the world just responded to the ballad. Same with TCOML album . . TPOL was a massive # 1 hit. Misled made a little drop in the bucket (I think it was on a dance chart or something). So naturally they focused more on ballads. I don't think Rene ever actively discouraged her from doing up-tempo songs, or there wouldn't be so very many on her albums/in her shows. Rene was a very smart man with an amazing ability to know what audiences wanted, so there were *always* some uptempo songs (they always wanted to appeal to the widest audience possible). Quote
ehild Posted August 19, 2016 at 03:33 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 03:33 AM Sorry I'm on Tapatalk and I don't how to send a photohttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160818/5c8a3dace0630870ff95fac65ad2ce76.jpgI wish you could still buy this version! Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
Davey84 Posted August 19, 2016 at 06:50 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 06:50 AM (edited) I think there's a logical explanation for it and it all has to do with the beloved idea by loads of you of a 'concept' album The song is written by J Kapler. At one point they decided that the project would be Celine and 4 guys and not Celine and 5 guys. I know Valse Adieu is written by J Kapler as well, but it's a hidden track so it doesn't count. Maybe J Kapler doesn't want publicity and doesn't want to be in photo's and videos like the other guys, Jacques Veneruso, Jean Jacques Goldman, Erick Benzi and Guildas Arzel. So they went with the 4 guys concept and ditched songs by other writers. Of course, the song could have been put on ONCP Edited August 19, 2016 at 06:52 AM by Davey84 3 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Popular Post stevo Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:02 AM Popular Post Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:02 AM Rene thought A Song For You was the best song she'd recorded and I personally detest everything about it. Especially the way she sings in it. Skipped every time. That red TLDH book thing looks niiiice! 8 Quote
woodstock Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:02 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:02 AM I found the original recording online and think that this song really is magical:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dTUUnilAOk(at 0.55 min you can hear the part that Celine sings in the studio)This is not the original recording actually, as it is not Yannick Noah singing. That must be a karaoke cover with some random singer.I guess the song must be from J. Kapler (Robert Goldman), as he wrote many hit songs for Yannick Noah at that time, and that must be why the song reached Céline as well ! By the way, did you know that Gérald de Palmas (french singer who sang and wrote the original version of "Ten Days") attended the work sessions for the album in Paris ? The album might have been "1 fille & 5 types", then... 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:29 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 07:29 AM This is not the original recording actually, as it is not Yannick Noah singing. That must be a karaoke cover with some random singer.I guess the song must be from J. Kapler (Robert Goldman), as he wrote many hit songs for Yannick Noah at that time, and that must be why the song reached Céline as well ! By the way, did you know that Gérald de Palmas (french singer who sang and wrote the original version of "Ten Days") attended the work sessions for the album in Paris ? The album might have been "1 fille & 5 types", then... Yes it's written by J. Kapler. Oh! I didn't know that! Interesting! I do love De Palmas' work too! It would have been great if he joined as well! 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Frozen_Phoenix Posted August 19, 2016 at 09:26 AM Posted August 19, 2016 at 09:26 AM (edited) The song sounds very cool. Too sad it didn't make the cut. I would have loved to hear Celine sing it. I would have perfectly fit the mood of the album. Reminds me a bit of Cher's Dov'e L'amore Edited August 19, 2016 at 09:27 AM by Frozen_Phoenix 2 Quote Et la vie glisse sur l'eau du tempsLa vie resiste, prend son elanPour un baiser elle peut se poserLe temps qui compte est toujours compte http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/ARMOIT/celinechances-1.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.