Jump to content

Asia Tour Canceled


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It's true:

 

Celine Dion has decided to postpone all of her show business activities indefinitely, in order to focus 100% of her attention on her husband Rene, their family, and associated health issues. Since Rene's surgery last December to remove a cancerous tumor, it's been a very difficult and stressful time for the couple as they deal with the day-to-day challenges of fighting this disease while trying to juggle a very active show business schedule, and raise their three young children. Celine has also been fighting an illness that has caused inflammation in her throat muscles, and has not been able to perform any of her scheduled shows in Las Vegas since her last show on July 29th. She has still not recovered from this condition. "I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children. I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support." said Celine.

During this hiatus, Celine will cancel her shows at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace until further notice. She will also cancel her tour of Asia, previously scheduled for the fall of this year.

Celine and family have requested that their privacy be respected at this time.

 

http://www.celinedio...-family-reasons

Edited by Domi
Posted
It is so sad but I have to understand Celine and her family.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Posted
:cry:

A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026

Posted
i think renes health is far worse than stated i think he is very ill hence break so sad
  • Like 2
Posted
I just read the news and I am sad for everyone that can't go. I will also have celine and rene in my prayers and that everything goes well for them and that she will reschedule them.
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp339/Mia_84/Tumlum/Perfume/celine-dion-chic.jpg
Posted
And just as I almost booked my non-refundable hotel. Guess I'm out $599 on airfare.

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Damn! This is sad but something really serious must be happening with Rene. I really hope and pray that he beats this cancer and comes out stronger. This is one of the rare times when she has actually canceled everything cos even back during the LTAL tour, she went through with it even with Rene being sick. :(

 

I hope the fans understand and respect the decision.

  • Like 2
Posted
This is heartbreaking. I'm crying because I've already got an Osaka show ticket. But this is understandable, I always know that for her, her family comes first. Not talking about how much money they have to pay from sudden cancellations. I wish all the best for Rene, Celine and their family.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i78/title156/Sig2013.jpg

Posted
it's just really sad, i wanna know whats going on =(

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Posted
I know it's speculation, but to cancel EVERYTHING, I fear things are far worse than we imagine. I hope I'm wrong of course. But LV and Asia plus all other commitments.... It doesn't sound good at all.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg

How do you describe a feeling??

Posted
That's my thinking too. His cancer is worsening. Let's just hope and pray for the best. The twins are still young. :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Posted (edited)
Its so sad. Part of me understands celine but part of it is also angry bcoz since 1996 that i became a fan, she never visited philippines nor include it in her tour and now that the time has come, it just blew away everything. Anyway, my prayers for rene and celine and who knows, i still believe in miracles. Edited by rhaps
Posted
She might be back on in time. We have the rest of August, September, and a few weeks of October. Its highly possible that she returns in time but we dont know the full situation. Lets just pray until then for her snd her family.
Posted
Vegas has been cancelled up to 2015. It's not good,

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

She might be back on in time. We have the rest of August, September, and a few weeks of October. Its highly possible that she returns in time but we dont know the full situation. Lets just pray until then for her snd her family.

 

You do make a good point, but for the time being it looks like it's gone.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

She might be back on in time. We have the rest of August, September, and a few weeks of October. Its highly possible that she returns in time but we dont know the full situation. Lets just pray until then for her snd her family.

 

Once shows are cancelled, they are cancelled. It is a logistical nightmare to reserve show dates in the first place. Then add cancellations into the mix? Not good. Then, to un-cancel cancelled shows is rarely, if ever done. They can be rescheduled for a later date (typically 6 months to a year out), but rarely are the cancelled dates "reactivated". It is my guess that IF Celine comes back to the spotlight before April, 2015, it will more than likely be to discuss things on a talk show rather than to perform a song, or songs.

Posted

 

 

Once shows are cancelled, they are cancelled. It is a logistical nightmare to reserve show dates in the first place. Then add cancellations into the mix? Not good. Then, to un-cancel cancelled shows is rarely, if ever done. They can be rescheduled for a later date (typically 6 months to a year out), but rarely are the cancelled dates "reactivated". It is my guess that IF Celine comes back to the spotlight before April, 2015, it will more than likely be to discuss things on a talk show rather than to perform a song, or songs.

 

That's true. It'll probably just be an update here and there.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

  • 2 years later...
Posted
If this tour ever stated back up again , which song do you think she would preform ,
  • 1 month later...
Posted
According to The Red Heads, Celine will tour next year across Europe and Asia, let's hope we'll get at least one of the songs that she rehearsed exclusively for that cancelled tour!
  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

According to The Red Heads, Celine will tour next year across Europe and Asia, let's hope we'll get at least one of the songs that she rehearsed exclusively for that cancelled tour!

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...