Taking Chances Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:04 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:04 PM (edited) I would love a second Christmas album. These Are Special Times are truly such a great Christmas album, so it would be hard to top that. I love Michael Buble's Christmas album, he did a great job maintaining the old-school style of everything. So, I would want the "sequel" to be super Christmasy, like with cover of songs like these: These are a must:Believe In Three Hazelnuts (This song is so amazing. This is the song I listen to when I realize Christmas is actually here)Santa Claus is Coming To TownRocking Around The Christmas TreeJingle Bell RockWinter WonderlandWhen You Wish Upon A StarWhite ChristmasHave Yourself A Merry Little ChristmasDriving Home For Christmas These I would also love:Do They Know It's Christmas?Silent NightLet It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It SnowJingle BellsBelieve (Josh Groban song)Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like ChristmasAll I Want For Christmas Is You (Mariah Carey song) I really think These Are Special Times is the most amazing Christmas album out there, but I'm sure Celine could do it again. Edited December 4, 2013 at 04:05 PM by Taking Chances 1 Quote
isurrender Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:04 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:04 PM I wouldn't record another Xmas album. I would re-release this one with an additional 5 song-CD. Back in the 98, Xmas albums were not that "hype", especially in Europe. A re-edition could give it another boost. But I don't know... it looks like to me that every artist has released his own xmas album since 98. Nothing original. 1 Quote
Jessyka Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:11 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:11 PM Same here, not that religious but a good song always finds its way to my heart or mind, such as Mandisa's "Overcomer" which I recommend. I'd love for Celine to record another duet with a female singer, as it's been a while. Suggestions? Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Taking Chances Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:12 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 04:12 PM Suggestions? Christina Aguilera. Quote
Jeffieboi Posted December 4, 2013 at 05:00 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 05:00 PM I would love another Christmas album! On TAST, 7 out of 16 songs were original, so I would prefer a similar ratio on a new Xmas CD. So basically about half. The Christmas covers I would like to hear her sing are: Do You Hear What I HearWhere Are You ChristmasMy Grown Up Chrismas ListHey SantaThe First NoelLast ChristmasAngels We Have Heard On HighCarol Of The Bells (with an original melody line written in) 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted December 4, 2013 at 05:57 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 05:57 PM 1) Grown Up Christmas List2) Hark! The Herald Angels Sing3) Silent Night4) Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree5) I'll Be Home For Christmas6) Jingle Bells7) We Wish You A Merry Christmas8) White Christmas9) Sleigh Ride10) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas11) My Favorites Things12) Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer13) Newbie.14) Newbie15) Newbie.16) Newbie. and PLEASE NO DUETS!!! Quote
LukeD Posted December 4, 2013 at 06:38 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 06:38 PM Christina Aguilera. 1 Quote
Taking Chances Posted December 4, 2013 at 07:57 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 07:57 PM Then who? Adele seems too obvious. I think it would be cool if she did a duet of some kind with Rihanna. Though, that is never gonna happen. As long as it's never Britney I'm good. Quote
Davey84 Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:30 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:30 PM to answer your question.... YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :xmas_w00t: (<--Rene!! LOL) 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Peppercorn1991 Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:40 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:40 PM I can't believe she hasn't already done one! Maybe they are just too happy with TAST... I love the album but a few more Christmas Celine songs is needed! Never know why I met an angel on Christmas Day was never added to the special edition tut tut Kev x Quote
LuisMa Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:44 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 08:44 PM I also want more of this: 4 Quote
LukeD Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:07 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:07 PM (edited) Then who? Adele seems too obvious. I think it would be cool if she did a duet of some kind with Rihanna. Though, that is never gonna happen. As long as it's never Britney I'm good.For a Christmas duet I'd pick Michael Buble from male singers (he actually has a voice, unlike most mainstream male singers) and Adele or Lady Gaga from female singers. Edited December 4, 2013 at 09:07 PM by LukeD Quote
LukeD Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:10 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:10 PM Having Rihanna in a Christmas song with Celine is like eating Cheetos and some delicate French chocolate at the same time. 1 Quote
Taking Chances Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:18 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:18 PM Having Rihanna in a Christmas song with Celine is like eating Cheetos and some delicate French chocolate at the same time. I thought we were talking about a duet in general, not a Christmas duet. Well, poor me. Lol. Then I would never want Christina. Haha! Michael Buble is perfect for a Christmas duet. I love his Christmas duet with Shania Twain. 1 Quote
québecflower Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:20 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 09:20 PM For a Christmas duet I'd pick Michael Buble from male singers (he actually has a voice, unlike most mainstream male singers) and Adele or Lady Gaga from female singers. he is not old enough, too alive 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
DionFanAlways Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM he is not old enough, too alive Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM Didn't she tell Tyra that he was good looking..............ages ago!? That was Buble they were talking about right? Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
chocolatechip15 Posted December 5, 2013 at 03:47 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 03:47 AM I would love another Christmas album! On TAST, 7 out of 16 songs were original, so I would prefer a similar ratio on a new Xmas CD. So basically about half. The Christmas covers I would like to hear her sing are: Do You Hear What I HearWhere Are You ChristmasMy Grown Up Chrismas ListHey SantaThe First NoelLast ChristmasAngels We Have Heard On HighCarol Of The Bells (with an original melody line written in) Yes, yes, yes!! i would LOVE to hear Celine sing every one of these, and Hark the Herald Angels sing. Oh, if only .. . Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted December 5, 2013 at 04:41 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 04:41 AM I personally don't care for Christmas songs. And usually never listen to them. But who am I to say nay or yea to a new Christmas album from Celine? I'll probably never buy it nor listen to it just like I did with TAST. Quote
pat200 Posted December 5, 2013 at 07:59 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 07:59 AM Yes yes yes to a Christmas album. And a jazz album. And a standards album hehe. I want Silent Night, Barbra's version of Jingle Bells, O little Town of Bethlehem, Santa Clause is Coming to Town...any other classic Christmas song recorded Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted December 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM (edited) Yea I should have stated that even though really don't like Christmas music too much, I do listen to Christian music on the regular. I like a lot of today's Christian contemporary, and some Spanish Christian music. Tho I rather listen to songs about people's everyday relationships with Jesus than the same stuff they sing about in Christmas music. Edited December 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM by Prima_Donna1 Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
Jimnezis Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM (edited) i don't think she will release another one even if it would be great tbh! Edited December 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM by Jimnezis Quote
LuisMa Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM Having Rihanna in a Christmas song with Celine is like eating Cheetos and some delicate French chocolate at the same time. I'm gonna try it as it sounds weird but it could be interesting. I might like it as I enjoyed eating Taco Bell cinnamon crisps with cheddar cheese. But I agree, the combo Rihanna + Celine + Christmas = 2 Quote
Jessyka Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:14 AM I'd love to see Celine sing a duet with Michael Buble. It would be perfect for Christmas. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Davey84 Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM Posted December 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM I personally don't care for Christmas songs. And usually never listen to them. But who am I to say nay or yea to a new Christmas album from Celine? I'll probably never buy it nor listen to it just like I did with TAST. You're missing out on some great songs tho, Oh Holy Night, Another Year Has Gone By, Don't Save It All For Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, These Are The Special Times... I would love if she did an English/French Christmas album... and not just the standard Driving home for xmas or santa baby covers! But some more unknown Christmas songs... And yeah a Michael/Celine duet for an X-mas album would be perfect! If there's one Christmas song that would have been perfect for Celine, it would have been A Baby Changes Everything by Faith Hill damn that is one strong Christmas track Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Jessyka Posted December 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM Posted December 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM Or maybe a duet with Bryan Adams on a song he wrote. I don't care if she already recorded a Christmas song from him. This time I want a proper duet. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
celine4evauk Posted December 5, 2013 at 05:41 PM Author Posted December 5, 2013 at 05:41 PM You're missing out on some great songs tho, Oh Holy Night, Another Year Has Gone By, Don't Save It All For Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, These Are The Special Times... I would love if she did an English/French Christmas album... and not just the standard Driving home for xmas or santa baby covers! But some more unknown Christmas songs... And yeah a Michael/Celine duet for an X-mas album would be perfect! If there's one Christmas song that would have been perfect for Celine, it would have been A Baby Changes Everything by Faith Hill damn that is one strong Christmas track Was listening to Faith's xmas album the other night while wrapping presents.I tried to include a few lesser known/covered xmas songs in my original post - not the usual ones people always do.Look at Amy Grant (who i love) she's got many xmas albums - and always a mixture between new and old, uptempo and classic. Love them! 1 Quote
zuv Posted September 6, 2021 at 02:02 PM Posted September 6, 2021 at 02:02 PM How is Sony or who ever is the company producing her album right now not begging Celine to release a second Christmas album…. I don’t understand. Its one of her best selling album, and every year its charting again. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted September 6, 2021 at 02:52 PM Posted September 6, 2021 at 02:52 PM How is Sony or who ever is the company producing her album right now not begging Celine to release a second Christmas album…. I don't understand. Its one of her best selling album, and every year its charting again. Probably because it keeps charting every year. That way it keeps selling and can be known as one of the best-selling Christmas albums. Once there's a second album out there, the sales from that album will dilute the sales from her first album. Right now, if someone wants a Celine Dion Christmas album, there's just the one. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.