ashtonelijah Posted October 29, 2013 at 04:29 PM Posted October 29, 2013 at 04:29 PM I'm curious as to which songs everyone here considers "filler" songs. Lots of people have commented that Loved Me Back to Life has very few or no filler songs, and how that's unusual for a Celine album (especially an English album). So I thought it'd be interesting to see which songs everyone considers fillers and see if we can figure out which album (according to fans) has the most and least. For me, Loved Me Back to life has one song that I truly consider a filler: Thank You. I'm already skipping it because there's nothing about it that screams, "special!" A filler, also IMO, may be a good song that just doesn't fit the rest of the album. Sometimes it's a really cheesy song, or a song that just isn't necessary to complete the album. So... LMBTL:1. Thankful Taking Chances: 1. Right Next to the Right One (although it does add an interesting dynamic, so I'm iffy)2. I Got Nothin Left3. Can't Fight the Feeling4. A Song for You5. Surprise Surprise6. This Time One Heart 1. Love is All We Need2. In His Touch3. Naked (I do like that one note though)4. Sorry for Love 2003 (a filler because it's a song from ANDHC, reworked... The original dance version was better)5. Have You Ever Been in Love (also ripped from ANDHC)6. Coulda Woulda Shoulda (ugh)7. Forget Me Not8. I Know What Love Is (Yeah, I pretty much like I Drove All Night, Reveal--which should've been a single, One Heart (okay), and Faith, and Je t'aime encore. A New Day Has Come 1. Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable)2. Ten Days (last minute rip off from her French album, not very well translated)3. Goodbye's the Saddest Word (I know it was a single, but this song was so out of the flow of this fresh, upbeat album--should've gone on Miracle).4. At Last -- Not one of Celine's best covers, belonged in Vegas, didn't fit the album.5. The Greatest Reward -- iffy, bc it does kinda for the theme.6. Superlove -- never liked it, cheesy All the Way (just the "new" songs): 1. All The Way (yeah, I know it's the title and Celine's wedding song and she brought a dude back from the dead, but...still filler)2. Live These Are the Special Times 1. Blue Christmas2. Brahm's Lullaby Let's Talk About Love 1. When I Need You2. Just A Little Bit of Love (totally out of place bad 90's dance track and this makes no sense leading into MHWGO)3. I Hate You Then I Love You (also makes no sense following MHWGO, also out of place). The Colour of Love 1. Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down2. Real Emotion3. When I Fall in Love (belonged on a movie soundtrack, not the album)4. Lovin' Proof -- just listened to it, I don't even know the words at all bc I've been skipping it since I was 4 in 1994. Celine Dion (This remains, IMO, her most coherent album with a consistent theme of heartbreak -- BATB and LCMM aside -- and most songs are indispensable because it flows so well, but if I had to pick fillers...): 1. Halfway to Heaven2. Little Bit of Love Unison 1. I Feel Too Much2. Love By Another Name (I'm iffy, because it probably wasn't so filler-seque at the time, what will the cool Super Mario Bros. pipe sounds ). 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted November 2, 2013 at 09:55 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 09:55 PM (edited) Unison· I'm Loving Every Moment With You Celine Dion· Halfway to Heaven· Little Bit of Love The Colour Of My Love· Real Emotion· No Living Without Loving You· Lovin' Proof Falling Into You· I Love You· Your Light Let's Talk About Love· Why Oh Why· Just a Little Bit Of Love A New Day Has Come· Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable) · Prayer One Heart· Have You Ever Been In Love· Coulda Woulda Shoulda(overall, this "album" is made of fillers... ) Miracle· The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Taking Chances· Shadow Of Love Loved Me Back To Life· Save Your Soul Edited November 2, 2013 at 09:55 PM by Celine Fan 77 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
CelineDionForeverNY Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM Unison- I'm Loving Every Moment With You- I Feel Too Much- Love By Another Name The Colour of My Love- Real Emotion- Lovin' Proof Falling Into You- (You Make Me Feel Like a) Natural Woman- If That's What It Takes- I Don't Know- Your Light Let's Talk About Love- Why Oh Why- Just a Little Bit of Love- I Hate You Then I Love You A New Day Has Come- Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable)- At Last- Super Love One Heart- Have You Ever Been in Love- Sorry for Love- Reveal- Forget Me Not Miracle- Brahms' Lullaby- A Mother's Prayer- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face Taking Chances- This Time- A Song for You- I Got Nothin' Left- Right Next to the Right One Loved Me Back to Life- Overjoyed Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
LuisMa Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM Incognito: NONEUnison: I Feel Too MuchDes Mots Qui Sonnent: Le Blues Du BusinessmanCeline Dion: Little Bit Of LoveThe Colour Of My Love: Refuse To Dance & Lovin' ProofD'Eux: Le BalletFalling Into You: If That's What It Takes & I Don't KnowLet's Talk About Love: Treat Her Like A LadyS'il Suffisait D'Aimer: Terre & Sur Le Même BateauA New Day Has Come: Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable) & Nature BoyOne Heart: Love Is All We Need1 Fille & 4 Types: NONED'Elles: Si J'étais Quelqu'unTaking Chances: Eyes On Me, Skies Of L.A., A Song For You (and I really don't like the 2 Bonus songs)Sans Attendre: Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour (would replace it with Les Jours Comme Ça in a heartbeat)Loved Me Back To Life: Water And A Flame ashtonelijah, is your filler from the new álbum Thank You or Thankful, because it seems there's a discrepancy from what you wrote and the list. 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM Overjoyed 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Alex_Incognito Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM Overjoyed 6 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Black Kitten Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM Posted November 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM Unison- Love by Another Name, Have a HeartCeline Dion- Did You Give Enough Love, Little Bit of LoveThe Colour of My Love- Everybody's Talkin' My Baby Down, Real Emotion, Lovin' ProofFalling into You- NONE. This one's a pure masterpiece.Let's Talk about Love- Love is on the Way, Amar Haciendo el AmorAll the Way... A Decade of Song- NONEA New Day Has Come- Rain, Tax (It's Inevitable), Ten Days, At Last, Superlove, When the Wrong One Loves You RightOne Heart- Love is All We Need, Have You Ever Been in Love, Sorry For Love, RevealMiracle- Brahm's Lullaby, A Mother's Prayer, The First Time Ever I Saw Your FaceTaking Chances- New Dawn, A Song for You, Right Next to the Right OneLoved Me Back to Life- Haven't listen to this album yet aside from the title track & Somebody Loves Somebody. Still waiting for the CD to be released here. Quote
Dionism Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM LMBTL:song 3-15 (I may forget one that's not a filler, since I only listened once to the entire album) Sans Attendre:None Taking Chances:None D'elles:Les ParadisLe Temps Qui Compte Miracle:the previously released songs of course. Suddenly a crystal clear voice between all the nasal throaty renditions (except Miracle), they really sound out of place. Although Brahm's Lullaby is so beautiful!What A Wonderful WorldIf I Could 1 Fille & 4 Types:None One Heart:Love Is All We NeedOne HeartSorry For Love (2003 version)Have You Ever Been In Love A New Day Has Come:Super LoveAun Existe Amor All The Way:None These Are Special Times:None S'il Suffisait D'aimer:Je ChanteraiSur Le Meme Bateau Let's Talk About Love:Why Oh Why (it's a filler, but I don't dislike it)Love Is On The WayAmar Haciendo El AmorBe The Man Falling Into You:None D'eux:None The Colour Of My Love:None Celine Dion:None Des Mots Qui Sonnent:Quelqu'un Que J'aime, Quelqu'un Qui M'aimes Unison:None Incognito:None Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM 70% of LTAL is filler! Blech! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LukeD Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM Disliking a song does not make it a filler. I'm shocked at how people here pick solid album tracks and even songs that were released as singles. 4 Quote
LukeD Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM (edited) I'll just cite the most blatant filler songs of her English career which are: Love by another name, If I were you, Real emotion, Lovin' proof, No livin' without lovin' you, Your light, (You make me feel like a) Natural woman, Why oh why, Just a little bit of love, At last, Super love, Coulda woulda shoulda, New dawn, Right next to the right one. Take any of these songs out of their respective albums and nothing changes. They serve no purpose, they add nothing to the lyrical content of the records. They are just... there. Edited November 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
LukeD Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:27 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:27 AM 70% of LTAL is filler! Blech!Oh... we have a hater in our forum. Admins, take note please! ... 1 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:29 AM Oh... we have a hater in our forum. Admins, take note please! ... I should make a petition to delete 70% of LTAL from her catalog. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM How anyone could say "Loved By Another Name" is filler ?! It's a fabulous song! A sign of the times! It's brilliant! Why would she open her Unison tour with it if it were a crap song? I object!!! 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LukeD Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM I should make a petition to delete 70% of LTAL from her catalog.LOL. But why? I love this album. It is polished, cinematic, larger-than-life and her voice shines. The songs I consider average or below average are: 'Treat her like a lady', 'Why oh why', 'Just a little bit of love', 'I hate you then I love you'. The rest songs work for me, I love 'Where is the love', 'Immortality', 'My heart will go on', 'The reason', 'Let's talk about love' the most! I understand that the album is not coherent though and that it's track sequence is a mess. 2 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted November 3, 2013 at 01:40 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 01:40 AM I should make a petition to delete 70% of LTAL from her catalog. No. . .you guys don't really mean that! J'adore LTAL! LIsten to it again and give it another chance! I'll agree that I Hate You, Then I Love You was . . well . . a bit bizarre, but I wouldn't call it filler . . it actually fits the theme of big-name duets with artists of past-eras perfectly. This album has The Reason, Immortality, Love is On the Way (beautiful, soaring ballad); Us ("Can I re-oooopen the door" - her vocals are amazing on that song!); Tell Him (may not have been a hit, but a beautful melding of voices, and Celine's excitement at singing with Barbra gives it special meaning). Tired of it though we may be, there's no denying that MHWGO is a masterpiece, and, for Americans, LTAL was the album that introduced To Love You More, that timeless duet of voice and violin. And though the lyrics may be cheesy, I love LTAL itself -- love the relaxed, soft melody, there's a certain poetry to the lyrics, the children's choir just works in this song, and her voice sounds amazing! The only songs I really skip on LTAL are THLAL and IHYTILY. Otherwise, I think this album is one of her best!! Quote
ashtonelijah Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:02 AM Author Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:02 AM I did mean "Thank You" is a filler on LMBTL, not "Thankful!" I love Thankful and it's one of the best on the album. I agree with a lot of you that Why Oh Why is a filler, but I still like it a lot. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
chocolatechip15 Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:27 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:27 AM How anyone could say "Loved By Another Name" is filler ?! It's a fabulous song! A sign of the times! It's brilliant! Why would she open her Unison tour with it if it were a crap song? I object!!! To me, it sounds very dated with bizarre electronic sounds. [Who exactly is singing the words "Love By Another Name"? It sounds like an alien from a cheap made-for-TV movie! I know Ruth Pointer sang background vocals on this; no idea if that's her . . but they did some strange electronic alteration to the voice.] I do think it's kinda cool that she sings a couple of French lines in an English song, but otherwise I just don't get this song. Also can't believe that this song was co-written by David Foster. I can't imagine a song that sounds less like something he would write . .you listen to this and think -- "This is by the same person who wrote To Love You More, The Colour of My Love, and The Prayer?!?" In one of Celine's biographies, it says something about their having decided to record some additional songs for Unison b/c David Foster hadn't written his best songs for this album. I always think of Love By Another Name when I read that. 1 Quote
Javito Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:28 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:28 AM A New Day Has Come:Super LoveAun Existe Amor Buahahahahahahahhahaha Aun Existe Amor an album filler? you're seriously kidding right? Aun Existe Amor is a national treasure for the catalog of spanish songs ever performed by non-spanish speaking singers! To me the spanish version is very much at the same level as the original french one 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:31 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 02:31 AM To me, it sounds very dated with bizarre electronic sounds. [Who exactly is singing the words "Love By Another Name"? It sounds like an alien from a cheap made-for-TV movie! I know Ruth Pointer sang background vocals on this; no idea if that's her . . but they did some strange electronic alteration to the voice.] I do think it's kinda cool that she sings a couple of French lines in an English song, but otherwise I just don't get this song. Also can't believe that this song was co-written by David Foster. I can't imagine a song that sounds less like something he would write . .you listen to this and think -- "This is by the same person who wrote To Love You More, The Colour of My Love, and The Prayer?!?" In one of Celine's biographies, it says something about their having decided to record some additional songs for Unison b/c David Foster hadn't written his best songs for this album. I always think of Love By Another Name when I read that.It sounds dated because it is lol 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LVCeline Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:04 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:04 AM Unison:I'm Loving Every Moment with You I Feel Too Much Love by Another Name (by far the worst song of hers period) Celine Dion:None. The Colour of My Love:Misled Everybody's Talking My Baby Down Real Emotion When I Fall In Love Refuse to Dance Deux:J'irai ou tu Iras Falling Into You:None. Let's Talk About Love:Treat Her Like a Lady Why Oh Why Miles to Go Just a Little Bit of Love S'il Suffisait d'Aimer:Je Chanterai TerrePapillionL'abandon All the Way:I'm Your Angel If Walls Could Talk All the Way (Overjoyed is a masterpiece compared to this, I hate it) A New Day Has Come:Rain, TaxTen Days Prayer 1 Fille & 4 Types:None. One Heart:Love is All We NeedSorry for LoveFaith Miracle:Everything except Miracle, My Precious One, and In Some Small Way (don't count TFTEISYF as its a repeat) D'elles:A CauseLettre De George Sand a Alfred Taking Chances:Alone Shadow of Love A Song For You Can't Fight the Feeling Right Next to the Right One Skies of LA Sans Attendre:L'Amour peut prendre FroidUne chance qu'on s'aLa mer et l'enfant Tant de tempsNe me quitte pasLes jours comme ca Loved Me Back to Life:Overjoyed Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:13 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:13 AM As Luke pointed out....filler...not songs you do not like lol 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
dj_a_rock Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:13 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 04:13 AM Save Your Soul. Quote
Prima_Donna1 Posted November 3, 2013 at 07:37 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 07:37 AM If a filler isn't a song you don't like than what is it? A song that you feel that doesn't fit in the album? Quote Apprends-Moi tes Secrets...http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy180/miss_daly2881/post-1110-0-56076900-1358706235_thumb.jpg
dj_a_rock Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:40 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 08:40 AM If a filler isn't a song you don't like than what is it? A song that you feel that doesn't fit in the album? A filler is the weakest track/song in an album. Like "Save Your Soul". Quote
LuisMa Posted November 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM (edited) How anyone could say "Loved By Another Name" is filler ?! It's a fabulous song! A sign of the times! It's brilliant! Why would she open her Unison tour with it if it were a crap song? I object!!! I thought Legally Blonde when you said this. Were you pinched? Shhhhh or the LBAN haters will soon bombard you with "Si ce n'est pas un filler, QU'EST-CE QUE C'EST????" Edited November 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM by LuisMa Quote
Dionism Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM I'll just cite the most blatant filler songs of her English career which are: Love by another name, If I were you, Real emotion, Lovin' proof, No livin' without lovin' you, Your light, (You make me feel like a) Natural woman, Why oh why, Just a little bit of love, At last, Super love, Coulda woulda shoulda, New dawn, Right next to the right one. Take any of these songs out of their respective albums and nothing changes. They serve no purpose, they add nothing to the lyrical content of the records. They are just... there. You know, this is a matter of taste, really. But I respectfully disagree with some of the songs you mentioned. I don't feel at all that taking any song out of TCOML would make it the same album. I love Real Emotion, No Living... and Lovin' Proof. I love versatile albums, and I don't think they're incoherent. Filler songs for me are songs that have somewhat uninspiring melodies or arrangements. And that is always a matter of taste. Quote
isurrender Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM (edited) I'm shocked at "Falling into you" being empty of fillers. The 3 covers off "D'eux" are fillers. Maybe "I don't know" is an exception... but you really have to understand French to feel the passion and emotion she brings in the original songs to see that the english versions lack of them.Beside this fact, translating a song to another another language ( especially when it's your own songs!), it's useless. It doesn't bring anything new to her discography. That makes them fillers X 2. And I consider also "I love you" and "Dreamin'of you" like cheesy fillers. If I were you, Real emotion, Lovin' proof, No livin' without lovin' you, Your light, (You make me feel like a) Natural woman, Why oh why, Just a little bit of love, At last, Super love, Coulda woulda shoulda, New dawn, Right next to the right one. Take any of these songs out of their respective albums and nothing changes. They serve no purpose, they add nothing to the lyrical content of the records. I disagree with you. Well, I agree with you : these are fillers (that means not single material I guess) but some of them serve a purpose. "Why oh why"... it doesn't add nothing to the lyrical content of the records? That's with "US", the only song talking about break-up in an album full of love songs. And if I'm not wrong, the only song in her discography talking about cheating. "Right next to the right one" is with "Nature Boy" , the only song in her whole discography sounding unplugged, stripped of a big production. A guitar and a drum in the chorus. Musically, it brings something. "New dawn" serve her vocal abilities. She has never sung like the beginning of the song, so low... it kinda reminds me Carey's debut album. Edited November 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM by isurrender Quote
SlovakClark Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM how come noone mention At Seventeen? Its filler big as HELL 1 Quote http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320x240q90/853/qwz9.jpg
Dionism Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM Posted November 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM Buahahahahahahahhahaha Aun Existe Amor an album filler? you're seriously kidding right? Aun Existe Amor is a national treasure for the catalog of spanish songs ever performed by non-spanish speaking singers! To me the spanish version is very much at the same level as the original french one I have to be honest and say that I don't feel the emotion in this song. I do feel it in the original French version. And it's not just because my Spanish sucks (although I have taken some courses in the past). When I first heard L'amour Existe Encore I didn't really listen to the lyrics and my French was not as it is today. But I was just very moved by it, only guessing what it was about. I never had that feeling with the Spanish version. It feels to me like her focus is mainly on the pronounciation. And I feel the arrangement doesn't fit with the meaning of the song. It's a little too....cheerful actually. I don't dislike the song though. In the beginning I thought it was fun (here you go, a totally inappropriate feeling for this song, haha) and I played it many times. The reason I also mentioned it as a filler is because it didn't make sense to suddenly start to sing in Spanish in the middle of the album. If they would have placed it as a bonus track as the last track it would have been different. But it's not a bad song, let that be said. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.