Jump to content

Will Celine ever be number 1 again?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think you really have to enter Celine's world to answer that question. When you've already been #1 and gone as far as anyone can really go in show business, what's there really left to do? She has enough money so that the next 7 generations of Dion's will never have to work a single day in their lives. What else can Celine do? She's already dominated Las Vegas and as we've seen, none of the other pop stars succeeded as well as she did. She's sold more records than any other woman, had more #1 hits on the AC chart than any other artist, her name is known virtually everywhere on earth, and no one can even touch her when it comes to the longevity of that amazing voice...all of the other divas are falling like flies. I think Celine is plenty proud of her achievements and just looking to build her legacy in terms of a family. Yes the fans will always be there, but blood is thicker than water. When people look back on their life, they don't care about how much money they have; the first thing they think about is their family.

 

I used to be so consumed with her being #1 but I kind of let it go. It's her life; not mine...and if it doesn't mean something to her, then as a fan I guess I shouldn't really let it bother me. As long as she's still doing shows from time to time, that's all I care about. The less popular she is in mainstream, the more accessible she is to us--the real fans. Half the people on this forum who flaunt their pictures and autographs with Celine would have probably never even gotten the chance to see her if she had the popularity of Justin Bieber. I think Celine is fine right where she is. :flowers:

Posted
I agree with so much of what I have read. Who the heck cares!!!!!!!!!! She's Celine freaking Dion people, come on. She's amazing, she's awesome, she's done so much already what else do we want from her? I would of course love for her to be everywhere, all the time always talked about/played like she was before. But all that matters to me at the end of a day is that she is still going, I still love her more than I could ever tell you, and hell yeah she will ALWAYS be #1 to me. She's OUR Celine and she Always will be!!!!!!!!
L'immensite de mon amour pour Celine! L'amour existe encore pour elle! :)
Posted
Thank you Christina. :)

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

It's funny, I used to be so pre-occupied with Celine being number 1 back in the day when Taking Chances came out. Now, as much as I would love for her to dominate the radio charts, I (sadly) realize that it won't happen. Why? Here are my thoughts.

 

Sony could care less and so could Celine herself, if she has a number 1 single on the radio or not. There are too many new artists dominating the charts now. I think it makes it harder for Celine to get there now, especially if Sony doesn't promote her the way they did in the 90's and for ANDHC. They have proven time and time again that they make poor decisions with singles (Alone for example, TC had SO many great potentials, all ignored)

 

In addition, Celine is barely played on the radio anymore and if she is, it isn't her more recent songs that are being played. Unless an absolutely incredibly ground breaking single is released and Sony promotes the hell out of it, the radio stations will not play it. They have too much greater in-demand music to play from the newer artists (granted they aren't as talented as Celine is)

 

Singers like Adele have proven that ballads could make it on the radio and they can do very well. Don't forget, Adele is younger and she is new. While it would be great to get Celine out there on the radio to be re-discovered for the first time by younger fans who may not even be that familiar with her, we are talking about Sony here.

 

I hope that I am wrong, I hope that she proves us all wrong and surprises us. I hope that Sony surprises us by actually giving a rat's behind about how Celine does on the radio. I hope to press every button on my car radio and here a Celine song at least once on each station each day like I used to (sometimes two songs playing simultaneously on two stations). I also hope that Celine can make this comeback bigger than any other. Realistically, I'm just happy that she still sings, that she still CAN sing, that she continues to somehow get better with age, and that she still cares enough to even make new albums and even attempt a radio single anymore. It could be worse, she could be retired and not even care. However, she cares about US and is doing this for US, not for the radio charts, and not to prove herself to anyone.

Edited by karatedude317
Posted

Cher made history with "Believe" so...

 

Celine still have an incredible voice! She just need an amazing song and promotion.

But I really don't care about charts anymore. I just want a major quality album from Celine Dion. Imagine Celine as the big winner of Grammy Awards 2013... B)

Posted
No, because she doesn't want to.
Posted
No, because she doesn't want to.

 

Maybe it's not her priority, but you can't honestly say that she doesn't want to be number one. Everyone does....

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/ptjmwa/2778236-3933894.jpg
Posted
I'm sure she will even though it's not her priority ! :)

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Posted

To be honest being number 1 today doesn't prove anything anymore. You can be the shittest singer and still make it to the top if you got a catchy song and add some auto-tune.

 

When it really comes down to who's the better singer and who's sold more albums Celine will always be far up on the list :)

Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Posted
You know, you are so right ! I couldn't agree more with you ! Really !!!! :thumbsup:

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Posted
Yes she could have been number 1 on the charts again if she had written and recorded the entire Adele 22 album herself- identical to the way Adele did it. Hearing her sing RITD I have no doubts she could have made that a number one single. However, that of course is not an option and listening to the music she has released over the last few years, Celine and her team are out of touch as to what people want to hear and see from her. I mean, her videos are so cheesy these days I can't even watch them. Who is telling her what is cool now? They are misguided!!! Don't get me wrong, I adore Celine and will buy any album she releases but if she is looking to sell albums or have singles on the charts she needs to do a big 360!!! I"m sure Celine doesn't care much about numbers and charts but I bet it would be a nice big boost for her to see her song back in the top 10 again like the old days!! And I agree, just because you have a number one single doesn't mean you have any talent these days, actually the majority of singers on the charts are all auto-tuned and singing to a dance track. But that's just my opinion:)
Posted (edited)
If her team takes some cues from the responses and feedback she's getting from RITD and puts a song out there from her that is a different sound for her, that is relevant to right now, she could be number 1. Remember that TC actually did well for a while, it was played on Z100 here in NY, a station that NEVER plays her. As fast as it caught on, it faded just as quickly for some reason, then they released crappy singles after that, just like they did with One Heart, HYEBIL was number 2 for the longest time, then they release SBYS, FLOP. She COULD do it, I just don't see her team making the necessary decisions to facilitate it. Edited by karatedude317
Posted
Even if i liked TC I would liked a bolder album with more rock/up tempo oriented songs. I was a little bit disappointed that Celine does not work with Timbaland and David Guetta. I like the power ballads, but too many syrupy ballads annoy me a little. Songs like When loves takes over or Titanium (Guetta) could easily be sung by Celine. I don't expect a entire album with this kinfd of songs, but sometimes we have to put yourself up to date. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a complete change of style from her, but I also love Celine when she really takes chances.
Posted
I think so, especially album wise (even if she doesn't have very successful singles she can still get a very sucessful album). As for singles it will really depend as people have said in this thread ;)
Posted (edited)
. Songs like When loves takes over or Titanium (Guetta) could easily be sung by Celine.
I agree, I think it would be great. Edited by brazil
Posted
Bombard TPTB at Clear Channel and let them know we want our Celine back on the airwaves!
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I think with the right song and the right promotion she could easily become number one again, but, personally I don't think Celine needs to do that anymore. She has already proved herself in the music world with all the number ones that she has under her belt.

http://thelavalizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/celine-dion-quebec-thelavalizard.png

You Loved Me Back To Life, Life!

Posted

I agree that Celine does not "need" another number one nor do we to throw our support behind her.

 

As someone said earlier, I'm sure that Celine would "like" to have a number one again. I, as a fan for so long, would like that as well. I would like to see her get that radio airplay with a relevant song. As mentioned before, when love takes over would be perfect. Her voice would fit that song well. And like so many others have said out there, her team and the people making the final choices seems to fail us time and time again.

HYEBIL sat at #2 forever on the AC charts... not even the top 40... c'mon Celine is the AC queen.

 

I appreciate the new music that Celine does put out... we all know that she does not need the money and could stop whenever she wants, so I am thankful for that. But maybe, if she changed her mindset and wanted to be #1 again.. maybe something would change?

 

J

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Posted
Songs like When loves takes over or Titanium (Guetta) could easily be sung by Celine.

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Posted
I going to be a little bit of a softy here, what ever Celine sings if she will makes number 1 or not her voice her music will always be number 1 to me :blushing1:

CELINE HAS AND ALWAYS WILL WIN THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS,CELINE RULES :flowers:

 

AGREED! :clap:

1472732_711943915485206_1333705118_n.jpg
  • 2 months later...
Posted

hmmmmmmmmmm as much as i wish this would happen i'm not convinced that she will hit back like she used to.

don't get me wrong, for me she is still THE best female Voice in Pophistory. NO ONE, no instrument, no other sound has ever touched my heart THE Way her voice does. Her Way of singing, her adlibing is not from this World.

So back to THE topic : After more than 20years of singing, touring, winning several oscars, grammys and havin sold

Around 250 Mill. Albums : i can feel she's out for something else.

For me THE Last good and bombastic Album was ANDHC, after that it begun

to go down. albums with boring productions (One Heart, 1Filles & 4T), with too predictable and boring concepts...

The Fact that she started in Vegas doesn't help : its like a normal Job, although its very well paied, it distroys

creativity, it uses her voice up and Magic and Hunger for New really GOOD Songs and the drive for outstanding things is drifting away.

Why agaiN a "New Album" in which you'll find Titles (again covers) THE half of her show, believe me with these Tracks she won't win Anyone beside some Hard fans.

She should do especially a cd with all THE Vegas Tracks and sell in Vegas or/and in normal Stores on demand.

For a Big Hit or a Number One sony/rene/she should completely reset and pick NEW, OUTSTANDING MATERIAL and

THE most important thing : Good Producers !!!

Madonna just released with "Confessions on a DF" a Masterpiece of Sound, she took a fresh and

Genius Producer : Stuart Price, who wasn't at that Time THE Most successful producer, but Madonna or her Management had an eye for something BIG:)

So concerning Céline - No she doesnt have to work necesseraly with RED ONE or GUetTA or Timba just to Name a few, but just looking for something new, hot would be a good beginning.

Ne-Yo might be cool, young, successful but honestly THE Last Track he did for her is so low leveled. her voice Sounds strange and as far as i know it didn't appear with a big boom in THE Charts...

Pop Music is about Stardom, about Music that blows you away, about a concept, about a World in which you start

to Loose your mind and from which you get addicted. i've once been addicted in THE World of celine and i am still when i hear "I'M Alive, TPOL, All By Myself, Can't stop Falling in Love. But Now 2012 Time has changed and i'd wish

she/sony/rene refind THE Hunger of Bombastic Songs and breath where Celines Voice shines through like a Diamond, where THE Track automatically reaches THE Top of THE Charts because the Sound is breathtaking and puts a spell on Almost everyone who listens to it. i wish celine THE best of luck

Posted
I don't think that she needs to prove anything anymore. She has been number 1 for so many years and she will always be remembered and loved because of it. For me the chart position is of no importance. To be on top of the charts nowadays doesn't mean to be the greatest singer and have the best songs. It's so often only about publicity and scandals that make the artist always be present on the media making her seem popular. I don't want Celine to change her personality and sing some cheap pop-songs just to be number one again.
Posted
I don't know if she will ever be # 1 again on the charts, But she will always be # 1 to me!!! I think she could pull off another popular song, like MHWGO was, but just finding the right song that fits today's music is the problem.
The Greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to Love and be Loved in return.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...