Jump to content

Claudette Dion interviewed on LCN


Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks for translating. :flowers:

 

I wouldn't look too much into whether her siblings call each other or not. My mom comes from a big family too (not nearly as big as Céline's though) and even though several members even live on the same road... we barely see each other except for holidays, birthdays, and special occasions. People get busy in their lives, it happens. And my Grandma keeps all of her kids informed about everyone else just like Maman Dion. Also, keep in mind the Dions are talkers... lol, they would be on the phone with each other forever! :giggle:

 

this just came to my attention. What about holidays and birthdays . i wonder if they get together or not. I know that manon went on tour with celine because i saw her in a video from south africa.

Yep, they get together for Christmas. All 200+ of them. That question is answered in the book "Céline Dion: For Keeps" by Jenna Glatzer. Jenna asked for questions from fans during the interview process, and that was one of mine. It was right around the holidays and all of my family members just couldn't seem to get it together to be in the same place for one day, Christmas! I wondered how in the world the Dions do it, as many of them as there are. Do they all fit in the same house? Who cooks? So I sent the question to Jenna the night before she left for Vegas to interview Céline... and it's answered in the book! Céline said they all make it a point to get together in one place for the holidays, and Maman Dion insists on cooking even when Céline offers to hire caterers. ;)

Posted
yeah it's kinda weird that they don't call her... cos this is big news, but on the other hand, with big families like that (and even with smaller ones) it's not uncommon that families grow apart! even if your lil sister is the biggest selling female singer of the world :P LOL


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Thanks for the translation!

 

I thought so strange when Claudette said she didnt call Celine :huh:

 

 

I thought that was weird to, If I was her I would call her every week, or everyday. :yes: :hmm:

me too :yes: :yes:

 

It's a little strange, yeah...:hmm:

Posted
it's strange as Celine always thinks about her family and having so much free time she can do whatever she wants and call whoever she wants... maybe they say she mustn't or sth...
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

I think you guys are reading to much into it. I think they are all just busy and probably haven't had time to sit down and talk yet. I mean Celine went through a lot the last couple of months and they moved into their new house and all that... So there's probably just a lot going on at the moment.

 

Thanks for the video and the translations! :flowers:


http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg

Posted

And it's also true that Céline and her brothers and sisters (and their children) live in completely different worlds. I met one of her nieces (pure coincidence) in 2002. She was working in a waitressing job telling us she was from 'the poor branch of the family'.

Plus there is a giant age difference, while Céline was growing up most of her brothers and sisters were already living their lives somewhere else. Through the years I think that Linda, Manon and Michel have been the closest to her...because they have been on tour with her. I think it's also pretty tough to keep in touch when your sister has been on the road and away from home most of her life...but the family ties will always be there, with or without the calls.

http://www.celinedion.nl/pics/cindy/bannerza.jpg

"They call my home the land of snow, Canadian cold front movin' in"

Posted
What she says:

 

- they are all extremely happy for Céline.

- Céline is a very reasonable person: she knows the risks of her pregnancy, but she thinks it 's worth it.

- She hasn't talked with Céline yet: it is Maman Dion who gives all the family members the news (except Michel, Linda and Manon)

- Maman Dion invited Claudette one evening "to have diner and play cards". When Claudette was there, Maman Dion said: "There's a big news, but you gotta keep it for yourself: Céline is pregnant."

- Céline is a very good mother.

- The price to pay is that they can't see each other as often as they would love to. Right now, Maman Dion is in Florida with Denise. Celine's brothers and sisters don't call her.

 

Thanks for the translation! :thumbsup2:

I have waited for so long...for a miracle to come, A New Day Has Come!!

 

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/1q1q4i.jpg

Posted

Thanks for the translation!!!

I thought it was weird too at first that they didn't call her, but I guess with 13 siblings it'd be impossible to be equally as close to all of them!!! I don't know what that's like cause I only have one brother, but I can imagine. People are different.. and like someone else said, they're so much older than her. They might even feel more like Aunts and Uncles than siblings. Who knows.

Posted (edited)
well I guess I can see now that it's not to strange, I mean I have probably more than a dozen family members that live on the same road and I barely see half of them and I only see one of my three siblings on a regular basis because he lives next door to me. I'm not really "close" with any of my siblings, only one of them lived with me in the house when I was little. They were all much older than me and had all moved out but one by the time I was born and my youngest sibling was only here when I was very little. I'm still not close to any of them really even now, I don't feel close to them like Celine probably does to Michel, Linda or Manon. My grandmother lives maybe a half hour from me and I haven't saw her in over a year, it's terrible how you lose touch with family even when they live close. Edited by Belle Céline

“There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png

Posted
Yeah my dad, is the youngest of 8 kids and they only see each other at Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I see now that, it would be difficault to see each other all the time. :yes: :doh:
Posted
Yeah, you're right, maybe it's not so weird though. It must be hard to stay in touch with everyone since they're so many! :hmm: Maybe they see each other for holidays...?
Posted
I have the feeling that the news really does go through Maman and that she doesn't really talk to her sibblings other than Manon, Linda and Michel. Honnestly, I think Claudette is sort of jealous of Céline because she got the carreer and everything and she didn't. Claudette made an album, does a few shows but I'm pretty sure they don't really get along.

http://images.lpcdn.ca/435x290/201103/17/305341.jpg

 

Merci Céline pour ces deux soirées inoubliables que j'ai passées à tes côtés. Je ne les oublierais jamais.

J't'adore Céline.

Merci.

<3

Posted

I don't think Claudette is jealous of Celine. Not at all.

 

Claudette says they (her siblings) don't call Celine out of respect because of "her condition". They know Celine needs to rest and take it easy.

Can you imagine if all 13 would call her on a regular basis? Gee, I think I would not answer the phone anymore!!! Would you like to repeat the same thing 13 times!!???? I sure wouldn't!!! The family should start a Dion Blog to keep the family aware of any new development... :giggle:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...