Alex_Incognito Posted April 8, 2010 at 02:36 AM Posted April 8, 2010 at 02:36 AM Hey all. I'm looking for some advice on New York City. I'm going to visit some friends there next weekend. We're going to be staying downtown Manhattan. Any advice on where to eat? What to see? tidbits? Thanks! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
eszcd30 Posted April 12, 2010 at 12:11 AM Posted April 12, 2010 at 12:11 AM What would you like to do? Do you like sushi? One of my favorite sushi restaurants in NY is in Times Square it's called BlueFin and it's right down by the Times Square W, connected to it maybe. And it's fun cause you can sit in the "bar" and eat sushi and watch the world walk by. And if I recall they have a very nice Lichi-tini. It's somewhat expensive since it's a sushi restaurant and it's in Times Square but it's good sushi if you like sushi. Also, if you've ever heard of Maggiano's which is an Italian restaurant here in the states (If you're not from here) Maggiano's was designed after a restaurant called Carmine's in NYC and it was designed so closely that Carmine's said they could use the design as long as they don't put any Maggiano's restaurants in NYC. Anyway Carmine's is in NYC. As for staying I can't make any recommendations as I stay at a friend's place near the UN but public trans is HUGE there and I'd be doubtful that you'd not find a place near public transit. Course there are all the touristy places to hit up, see the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, The Statue of Liberty etc. Your friend will probably have tons of spots they want to take you to as well. Chinatown, Little Italy are fun places to walk around too. Canal Street is where you buy the illegally good knock-off purses if you know any girls who might want one... I find that whenever I go to NYC I most certainly run out of time, no matter how many times I go, so good luck getting it all in, though you'll inevitably run out of time and miss some things but ENJOY! I know it's cliche but I love NYC! And despite the tale of it being full of rude NYers, I've found on the whole, they're great! It really is the city that never sleeps so get your rest now before you get there! Oh SoHo is nice too and there's a few nice restaurants up that way... If you're looking just for places that NYers might like, check out yelp.com if you're unfamiliar with yelp.com it's a review site for pretty much anything and everything. And I LOVE menupages.com for random places here in my town so I would assume it's got lots of info for NYC restaurants, I mean I know it does, I was just looking at it... Hmm I was hoping to find an email I used to keep from a girl I dated ONCE in NY with all her fav places but no luck... Well I hope that helps a little, if I find the email I'll pass along the info. Enjoy NYC! Quote http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7210/celinedion1small.jpg
Matias Posted April 12, 2010 at 02:35 PM Posted April 12, 2010 at 02:35 PM Are you gay? the gay life in NY is wonderful! I had a blast! Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Davey84 Posted March 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM Posted March 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM Someone has new tips?! I'm going to new york after Vegas in March! I'll be there for 6 days! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Alex_Incognito Posted March 1, 2011 at 02:06 PM Author Posted March 1, 2011 at 02:06 PM Well, Davey, I went a year ago! lol Have you reserved your hotel yet? Let's start there. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Davey84 Posted March 1, 2011 at 02:11 PM Posted March 1, 2011 at 02:11 PM yeah I did! The Broadway Hostel http://www.broadwayhotelnyc.com/ My colleague went there and she really recommended it! I also bought a NYC pass! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Frida Posted March 1, 2011 at 03:40 PM Posted March 1, 2011 at 03:40 PM 4:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHXlonPQY_k Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tcc2copy3_zps08f18352.pnghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/celinedion_56/tccgallery-1.png
Alex_Incognito Posted March 1, 2011 at 08:47 PM Author Posted March 1, 2011 at 08:47 PM I loved the MOMA, but I am big into art. I saw Mamma Mia on Broadway and loved it.And I ate, and ate, and ate. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
celinedream Posted March 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Posted March 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Have you seen Wicked? Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Der_Griffon Posted March 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM Posted March 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM I'm going there for three days before Vegas.Spmebody said something about gay night life. I'd like to hear more. Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
Edwin Posted March 8, 2011 at 02:08 AM Posted March 8, 2011 at 02:08 AM Are you gay? the gay life in NY is wonderful! I had a blast!Who isn't? LOL I'll be going to NY when Ricky makes his Broadway debut there Then I plan to drop a chunk of change on other BW legends. I got the musicals in me! Quote
kathyc25 Posted March 16, 2011 at 07:18 PM Posted March 16, 2011 at 07:18 PM When you guys come here to NYC, definitely check out Soho and the West Village. Gets a little crowded in the summer months, you know us gays love the sun haha . But seriously the restaurants and bars are better, the shopping is great and its a little cleaner than Times Square/34th Street in my opinion. Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.