Davey84 Posted April 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM WHAT!?!? CÉLINE HAS GAY FANS?!?! THAT MUST BE THE APRIL FOOLS OF TODAY!! :jawdrop: not that peoples sexuality matters, I would think it would be interresting to do a poll here female- straightfemale- gaymale- straightmale-gay what about the bi's darling I really can't see how Céline is a gay icon I don't think Céline is a gay icon either. Sure she has a large fanbase with a lot of gay fans. but people like Madonna, Cher, Kyli Minogue are really gay icons, cos of the flamboyant shows, lifestyle etc. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
fan2celinedion Posted April 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM Well I'm Male-Straight but it gets a tad bit annoying when people put labels on Celine fans and automatically assume someone is gay just because they like Celine, I mean come on, are you REALLY going to judge someone's sexuality by the music they listen to?!? To me that is terrible reasoning, although lots of her fans are gay, it doesn't make EVERY male fan gay. I think there shouldnt be labels, we are all Celine fans, male or female, gay or straight, etc..Just my 2 cents. Yes I'm a male straight too and that's very annoying Quote
one_heart_1_hart Posted April 1, 2010 at 02:08 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 02:08 PM Agree on that, i'm straight too, and why exists their topics about her gay fanbase... pfff Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
MTJ Posted April 1, 2010 at 02:18 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 02:18 PM This is not directed to anyone in particular, but to society as a whole:I think it's really degrading to gay (and other sexuality) fans when straight people say they're offended and annoyed that people think of Celine as a gay icon or think they're gay because they like her. What I mean is, it seems like some people listen to Celine and others think that person is gay (and its negative)while some people listen to other types of music or do other activities that are considered more masculine (and its a positive) I'm sorry if this is inappropriate or ranting, but it just makes me so mad that when men do something that is considered feminine, its such a horrible thing! Its SO misogynistic. I also think that here, on the Celine Dion Forum, misogamy and intolerance has no place. Again, I'm sorry if this is inappropriate. It's just that these sorts of discussions make me feel belittled (as someone who isn't straight) and so angry Quote
one_heart_1_hart Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:05 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:05 PM No that's not it,it isn't offending to straight people...But it has always to be a topic, if there isn't a topic about gay fan basesure there are gay people who make on So sorry no offense! Quote TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras
PatrickDion22 Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:13 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:13 PM I had no idea Ziggy was about a gay man. Just like I don't know what any of her French songs are about I just looked up the lyrics in French translated to English and it is really interesting. I like this song You need to see the music video for it, then. It's very "progressive" I guess you could say for Celine, and seeing as it was released in 1993 (which was during a time when people still thought you could catch AIDS by touching people), shows that she didn't care what people thought of the song or the video. Also, it's important to point out that Un garçon pas comme les autres (Ziggy) became one of the best-selling French singles of all time. It reached #2 on the SNEP charts, was certified gold for selling 365,000 copies, and became one of the 100 best-selling singles of the 1990's in France. Quote Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/patjsully
Celinenvegas Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:17 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:17 PM I think all female singers with big, dramatic, strong voices that sing love songs have many gay fans. I think we are attracted to the emotion of the singer and the songs. It goes way back to Judy Garland & Edith Piaf - both were gay icons and that continued with Streisand, Cher, Liza Minelli, Donna Summer, Cyndi Lauper, madonna, Christina Aquilera, mariah and several others. Many are very outspoken & supportive of their gay fan base (Cyndi Lauper has a True Colors fund to fight for equal rights) and others just appreciate us without making it very public unless asked. I love the song Ziggy and the video for it - very sweet and sexy! A friend from France told me the song was very controversial in France when it was released and people were so surprised that Celine would release a song like that, I think it brought more fans to her and changed some people's opinion of her at that time. Quote ~J O E Y~
PatrickDion22 Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:30 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:30 PM This is not directed to anyone in particular, but to society as a whole:I think it's really degrading to gay (and other sexuality) fans when straight people say they're offended and annoyed that people think of Celine as a gay icon or think they're gay because they like her. What I mean is, it seems like some people listen to Celine and others think that person is gay (and its negative)while some people listen to other types of music or do other activities that are considered more masculine (and its a positive) I'm sorry if this is inappropriate or ranting, but it just makes me so mad that when men do something that is considered feminine, its such a horrible thing! Its SO misogynistic. I also think that here, on the Celine Dion Forum, misogamy and intolerance has no place. Again, I'm sorry if this is inappropriate. It's just that these sorts of discussions make me feel belittled (as someone who isn't straight) and so angry I completely agree with you, although I believe that this "issue" can be broadened towards her music in general, and not just for those who listen to it. Just to quickly point out; I am sick and tired of people who utilize the stupid excuses who state that her music is banal, schmaltzy, corny, etc. I don't buy that crap for a minute. Most of the people who say that, either forget or deny how truly massive she was as an artist during the 1990s. From 1996-1999, there was no music act larger than Celine, and in 1998, her popularity reached a zenith that no artist has come close to attaining since that period. Lastly, I take any illogical criticism of Celine with a miniscule grain of salt, because at the end of the day, the music that people bash her for is the exact type of music that made her one of the best-selling and celebrated artists in music history. I apologize for the spout. Quote Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/patjsully
Feidhlimbrennan Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:45 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 04:45 PM well to 'lighten' the topic a little I'm a big ole gay, but I knew I liked Celine before i knew i liked men, so i don't really see how my sexuality is directly proportionate to my love of Celine, they are just two factions of a life that make up me! Quote Instagram: @feidhlimb
rathnakumar Posted April 1, 2010 at 05:04 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 05:04 PM She did a great interview for the Gay Times, the Uks biggest gay magazine. She said that she would obviously love RC is he came to her and said he was gay... She just has the power and the legs and the voice and is glamorous....D I V A Heheh! Yeah, she said she wouldn't love her son any less if he were, in her ever-so-endearing words, "a Gay Person!" It sort of stuck with me because I tend to say it that way, sometimes! Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
dj4celine Posted April 1, 2010 at 05:28 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 05:28 PM This is not directed to anyone in particular, but to society as a whole:I think it's really degrading to gay (and other sexuality) fans when straight people say they're offended and annoyed that people think of Celine as a gay icon or think they're gay because they like her. What I mean is, it seems like some people listen to Celine and others think that person is gay (and its negative)while some people listen to other types of music or do other activities that are considered more masculine (and its a positive) I'm sorry if this is inappropriate or ranting, but it just makes me so mad that when men do something that is considered feminine, its such a horrible thing! Its SO misogynistic. I also think that here, on the Celine Dion Forum, misogamy and intolerance has no place. Again, I'm sorry if this is inappropriate. It's just that these sorts of discussions make me feel belittled (as someone who isn't straight) and so angry Couldn't have agreed with you more, Michael Quote
Scramasboy Posted April 1, 2010 at 09:46 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 09:46 PM This is not directed to anyone in particular, but to society as a whole:I think it's really degrading to gay (and other sexuality) fans when straight people say they're offended and annoyed that people think of Celine as a gay icon or think they're gay because they like her. What I mean is, it seems like some people listen to Celine and others think that person is gay (and its negative)while some people listen to other types of music or do other activities that are considered more masculine (and its a positive) I'm sorry if this is inappropriate or ranting, but it just makes me so mad that when men do something that is considered feminine, its such a horrible thing! Its SO misogynistic. I also think that here, on the Celine Dion Forum, misogamy and intolerance has no place. Again, I'm sorry if this is inappropriate. It's just that these sorts of discussions make me feel belittled (as someone who isn't straight) and so angry I agree! And I feel like at the end of the day, I dont care if your gay straight bi, whatever, your a Celine fan, and I think she is a gay icon because of a couple things like she DOES have a huge gay fanbase [Cher also has straight male fans , doesnt make her not a gay icon], she is a total DIVA in every good meaning of the pop culture reference, etc. [isnt anyone else sick of newbies like Miley and Carrie Underwood being called Divas? blecky, they take the sparkle away from it] And it's lame that if your a man and you like Celine someone automatically will probably think your gay, but Im thinking that THAT is another reason she is a gay icon, because most people [straight and gay Im sure] think a man that likes her, he is gay, because gay men love her, she is a gay icon. [That came out way wrong but im high on cereal and I dont know how to explain that thought better, haha!] And I feel bad for the straight men who get automatically pushed into the gay catigory for liking Celine, but there are way worse offensive things then someone thinking you may be gay . Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
Céline's Blues Posted April 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM This topic is so GEJ!!!! Where is DEJVEJ here?? Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted April 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM Posted April 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM man - straight Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
buffster2002 Posted April 2, 2010 at 05:23 AM Author Posted April 2, 2010 at 05:23 AM (edited) Can I just say, I didn't create ths topic stating that Celine is a gay icon, and I definitely don't think she is. Madonna is, Cher is, etc. And they have specifically positioned themselves as supporters of the gay community. Celine is more a of supporter of people in general, and of tolerance and love and acceptance of EVERYONE, regardless of religion, sexuality, age, gender, or anything else. I was just commenting on one particular segment of her fanbase. It would be no different to me if I had made a topic titled "Celine's housewife fanbase" or "Celine's gen Y fanbase". I just happened to be interested in a discussion of her gay fanbase becuase I am a huge Celine fan and I am gay, so I wanted to see if she had adressed this before. Just out of general interest. The artists someone is a fan of should NOT be be directly correlated to their sexuality. Everyone should just be their own individual and be a fan of whoever the hell they want to be. Edited April 2, 2010 at 05:25 AM by buffster2002 Quote "Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you. You're here...there's nothing I fear"
cmcdaori Posted April 2, 2010 at 08:32 PM Posted April 2, 2010 at 08:32 PM GAY AND PROUD OF IT! Of course, this is why Seduces Me from AND... got my vote for sexiest number performed by Celine and a bunch of hot sweaty male dancers! Keep on,i agree Well I'm Male-Straight but it gets a tad bit annoying when people put labels on Celine fans and automatically assume someone is gay just because they like Celine, I mean come on, are you REALLY going to judge someone's sexuality by the music they listen to?!? To me that is terrible reasoning, although lots of her fans are gay, it doesn't make EVERY male fan gay. I think there shouldnt be labels, we are all Celine fans, male or female, gay or straight, etc..Just my 2 cents. It happens to some of my friends who like Celine.Many people asked me were they gay if they listen Celine.Not me as im a girl Hahah.. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Der_Griffon Posted April 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM Posted April 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM male - gay Quote http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Der_Griffon/SIGNATURE-1-1-1.jpg March 15th and 16th 2011, Las VegasThank you Celine and thank you friends! I truly had the time of my life!
lindsey22 Posted April 3, 2010 at 03:43 PM Posted April 3, 2010 at 03:43 PM She has acknowledged it before: Flashback to 1991:"Ziggy (Un garçon pas comme les autre)" Here's a video of the english version I uploaded to youtube: It's interesting, in the French version she say "Oui, je sais, il aime les garçons..." (yes, I know he likes boys) and that line is nowhere to be found (or anything close to it) in the English version. Perhaps that says alot about the Anglophone and Francophone worlds.Ziggy was waaay before she actually was a gay icon though. i think it was more about Luc Plamondon giving creedance to his own sexuality than anything really related to Celine. Quote
Guest Reuben Posted April 3, 2010 at 09:54 PM Posted April 3, 2010 at 09:54 PM She did mention something about tolerance and that she would be happy if RC turned out to be gay in some European magazine a few years ago. Quote
Celinenvegas Posted April 5, 2010 at 02:19 AM Posted April 5, 2010 at 02:19 AM She has acknowledged it before: Flashback to 1991:"Ziggy (Un garçon pas comme les autre)" Here's a video of the english version I uploaded to youtube: It's interesting, in the French version she say "Oui, je sais, il aime les garçons..." (yes, I know he likes boys) and that line is nowhere to be found (or anything close to it) in the English version. Perhaps that says alot about the Anglophone and Francophone worlds. I remember that msg she left for the Outgames in Montreal, I almost went but did the Gay Games in Chicago instead. The guy in the Ziggy vid looks a lil like Ricky Martin in some parts. Did u see Celine peeking at the hot neked guys in the shower - naughty Celine!! hehehe Quote ~J O E Y~
lindsey22 Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:14 AM Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:14 AM (edited) I had no idea Ziggy was about a gay man. Just like I don't know what any of her French songs are about I just looked up the lyrics in French translated to English and it is really interesting. I like this song You need to see the music video for it, then. It's very "progressive" I guess you could say for Celine, and seeing as it was released in 1993 (which was during a time when people still thought you could catch AIDS by touching people), shows that she didn't care what people thought of the song or the video. Also, it's important to point out that Un garçon pas comme les autres (Ziggy) became one of the best-selling French singles of all time. It reached #2 on the SNEP charts, was certified gold for selling 365,000 copies, and became one of the 100 best-selling singles of the 1990's in France.actually for that time it was a very progressive video for any artist in USA/Canada, not just Celine and let me just say that all of Celine's early french videos were all very progressive and way before their time. like PQTME, etc. some time after she got married all her videos got boring and all consisted of her looking in the camera , smiling and hugging herself. twirling around would be the creative ones, (IDAN) Edited April 5, 2010 at 05:17 AM by lindsey22 Quote
Monsoonmoon Posted April 5, 2010 at 02:10 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 02:10 PM I'm male, and straight. I'm almost 40 years old, have a 25 year old gorgeous girlfriend, and yet when I tell people I love Celine, they say I'm gay! Whats all that about! When people say that, I just question their logic. "So I happen to believe she is one of the worlds most beautiful women, with the voice to match, how does that make me gay?" They generally struggle to find a come back for that one. Quote Hey I'm New here, and cant figure out these signatures!
Salitpong Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:47 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:47 PM I'm male, and straight. I'm almost 40 years old, have a 25 year old gorgeous girlfriend, and yet when I tell people I love Celine, they say I'm gay! Whats all that about! When people say that, I just question their logic. "So I happen to believe she is one of the worlds most beautiful women, with the voice to match, how does that make me gay?" They generally struggle to find a come back for that one. Wowwww What a great answer!!! I'd like to give you a standing ovation for this Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:56 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 05:56 PM (edited) I'm male, and straight. I'm almost 40 years old, have a 25 year old gorgeous girlfriend, and yet when I tell people I love Celine, they say I'm gay! Whats all that about! When people say that, I just question their logic. "So I happen to believe she is one of the worlds most beautiful women, with the voice to match, how does that make me gay?" They generally struggle to find a come back for that one. Wowwww What a great answer!!! I'd like to give you a standing ovation for this yes standing ovation !!!!!! btw: nmj are you muslim? Edited April 5, 2010 at 06:01 PM by fan2celinedion Quote
Dechen Posted April 5, 2010 at 06:26 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 06:26 PM Male - Gay Quote http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/dechen15/k-siggy2B.jpg
fan2celinedion Posted April 5, 2010 at 09:43 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 09:43 PM I am really getting tired with this kind of topic! Please why does everyone in this forum need to tell everyone they're gay????? It's Celine Dion forum not Gayforum! We don't give a damn about your sexuality sorry! Quote
fan2celinedion Posted April 5, 2010 at 09:48 PM Posted April 5, 2010 at 09:48 PM She did a great interview for the Gay Times, the Uks biggest gay magazine. She said that she would obviously love RC is he came to her and said he was gay... She just has the power and the legs and the voice and is glamorous....D I V A Didn't she mean that she would love RC no matter what he decides with his life. Gay or not. I read the interview and that's how I understood it. or maybe she doesn't want her son to be gay but she can't answer that because it Will be very rude !!!! Quote
buffster2002 Posted April 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM Author Posted April 5, 2010 at 11:34 PM I doubt many parents would WANT their child to be gay, even if it is just because of the fact that their child does not have equal rights and is viewed as someone lesser than others by many ignorant people and politicians. But a good parent, which Celine IS by all accounts, would support their child if they did come out as gay. Let's remember people, it's not a decision or choice. Celine is also in the entertainment industry, which is FULL of gays. I have no doubt, based on what I've seen, that she would be an exemplary mother to a gay child, and unconditionally love and support them. I am really getting tired with this kind of topic! Please why does everyone in this forum need to tell everyone they're gay????? It's Celine Dion forum not Gayforum! We don't give a damn about your sexuality sorry! How about you don't come into the topic then? It's not like the title is unclear. If you don't want to read about Celine's gay fans, don't come into a topic called "Celine's gay fanbase". GENIUS!! Quote "Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you. You're here...there's nothing I fear"
riobeard11 Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM Posted April 6, 2010 at 12:30 AM I am really getting tired with this kind of topic! Please why does everyone in this forum need to tell everyone they're gay????? It's Celine Dion forum not Gayforum! We don't give a damn about your sexuality sorry! Good one! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.