whineupemily Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:40 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:40 AM Seriously, I would have enjoyed her skating to "Die Anther Day" way more. Quote
Lou555 Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:56 AM Author Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:56 AM (edited) Seriously, I would have enjoyed her skating to "Die Anther Day" way more. She couldn't do that one (for obvious reasons). Not that I think it's funny at all but you're joking right? I didn't think she would do this exhibition gala at all myself so... Edited February 28, 2010 at 05:01 AM by Lou555 Quote
Edwin Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:58 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:58 AM (edited) DailyMotion Edited February 28, 2010 at 05:38 AM by Edwin Quote
LisaFaye Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:00 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:00 AM Just saw her skate, thought it was very nice. I can barely listen to Vole (and Fly) without turning into an emotional wreck - Celine's voice is just so sad in it. Anyway, it's not like it was an exceptional program of hers, but the meaning behind it was nice. And I think it's sweet that Celine sent her flowers, etc... Quote Visit my Celine Dion updates channel on YouTube! www.youtube.com/LisaFayeChardonnay
Edwin Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:02 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:02 AM (edited) Youtube blocked the video so I used DailyMotion this time. If there is enough interest I can make this video available for download. Edited February 28, 2010 at 05:43 AM by Edwin Quote
Celinefanatic07 Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:31 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 05:31 AM OMD... I watched it tonight..and as if that song isnt emotional enough, we had the true meaning behind it, and her skating on top of it? It was verry beautiful and touching...she couldnt have picked a better song. Heaven bless her late mother. And to Celine, heaven bless you and your kindness. Quote http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/oldies830/mgean_2.jpgDO NOT STEAL MY SIGNATURE"It's hard in a recording studio, because I'm infront of a microphone, I have to imagine all of you and then I'm able to sing the songs for you...Now I'm still infront of a microphone, with all of you right infront of me, to see all of your faces, That's why I still do it!" (wild applause) thankyou for the flowers - Celine after a flower moment 9-22-08
Lou555 Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:06 AM Author Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:06 AM (edited) Video : http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html...3d-386ee91257d7 Rochette skates to Celine Dion in tribute to her motherVANCOUVER - With no medals on the line, and no Olympic pressure on her shoulders, Joannie Rochette skated purely for her mom. The 24-year-old from Ile-Dupas, Que., performed to Celine Dion's Vole as a tribute to her mother Therese in the Olympic exhibition gala Saturday night, and when the soft strains of the sad song ended, she looked up with a wide smile. "She loved that program, she loved that song, she loved Celine Dion," Rochette said. The gutsy Rochette touched hearts when she captured a bronze medal less than a week after the death of her mom, marking Canada's first Olympic women's figure skating medal since Elizabeth Manley won silver in 1988. Stunning in a backless purple velour dress she borrowed from teammate Jessica Dube that better suited the music, Rochette skated an old exhibition program to Dion for the gala, figure skating's traditional finale that brings together the top-five finishers in each event under the spotlights. A day earlier, Rochette had received a phone call and a huge bouquet of flowers from Dion, part of a huge outpouring of support for the Canadian skater. "It was so cool to get a call from Celine, I told her I would skate to her song," Rochette said. "It was really nice, she also told me when her father passed away, she went out and sang for all these people because that's what he would have wanted, and I feel exactly the same way. I can't believe I talked to her still." Dion wrote Vole - Fly in English - in memory of her niece who died of cystic fibrosis in 1993. Rochette practised the program Saturday morning, but not before watching video of herself on YouTube to recall the steps. "I didn't remember everything, but I think my mom will forgive me if I forget a few steps," she said. Rochette, who was presented with the Terry Fox Award earlier Saturday that recognizes courage amidst adversity, said she's been overwhelmed by the emails, cards and phone calls she's received this week, including a message from one of her favourite comedians, Louis-Jose Houde. Following Tuesday's heartwrenching short program that left barely a dry eye in the Pacific Coliseum, Canadian-born actor Jim Carrey posted on Twitter: "Joannie Rochette! just saw your skate. U made your mother proud! My heart goes out to you and your dad. Much love 2U going forward." "It's so good to get support from so many people," Rochette said. "I got a really nice message from an eight-year-old girl that still touches me."...... Article : http://www.ctvolympics.ca/figure-skating/n...wsid=54194.html Edited February 28, 2010 at 06:29 AM by Lou555 Quote
celinefanonline Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:24 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:24 AM don't know why but can't view it... Quote Courage don't you dare fail me now!
Acacia Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:48 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 06:48 AM I can't either No luck with YT, Daily Motion, or CTV. Hopefully I have better luck tomorrow. Quote http://oi52.tinypic.com/2aaavxd.jpg ♥ Thank you, Céline for giving me the greatest birthday I could ask for! ♥
Amanja Posted February 28, 2010 at 09:00 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 09:00 AM aww.. i saw her perform it before i read this topic and was so surprised! and it all made sense that she used that song.. and it was very emotional.. all her movements and the end Quote
anewdayhascome Posted February 28, 2010 at 09:51 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 09:51 AM why do they block it? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Vassykka Posted February 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM Just watched it. Beautiful. Quote
Terre Posted February 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM Aww... I just saw the performance on TV but didn't know the story behind it. It was a pretty performance. Thanks for sharing the articles! Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
I Surrender Posted February 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 11:50 AM Youtube blocked the video so I used DailyMotion this time. If there is enough interest I can make this video available for download. please do edwin, i really want to see this. thanks. Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
Lawna Posted February 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM Posted February 28, 2010 at 11:57 AM It's on NBC Olympics site http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=2...bb7b217612.html Quote They go crazy for you because they know you're true. --Celine Dionhttp://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz226/Congenialdiva/myspacelink.jpgFollow Me on Twitter!Visit Me on Facebook!
I Surrender Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM it's for viewers within the US only Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
Edwin Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:45 PM Did Dailymotion also block that video outside of the USA? Quote
celínico_sin_remedio Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:47 PM Did Dailymotion also block that video outside of the USA? Yep, Edwin. I couldn't watch it neither... Quote "No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream" From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear
Edwin Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM (edited) Oh I see, it's also been removed on DailyMotiion. Oke, uploading it to Megaupload... Edited February 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM by Edwin Quote
celínico_sin_remedio Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 12:57 PM Oh I see, it's also been removed on DailyMotiion. Oke, uploading it to Megaupload... Thank you very much Ed! Quote "No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream" From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear
Edwin Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:14 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:14 PM (edited) Please don't ever call me that again. I hate it so much that it literally makes my blood boil. On to the download link: [hide_me]Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KF1B72FD[/hide_me] Edited February 28, 2010 at 01:20 PM by Edwin Quote
vroni Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:30 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:30 PM oh thank you! Quote My Taking Chances Tour 22 June München 08 July Genève 10 February Quebec City 12, 14, 15 February Montréal 15, 16 March 2011 LAS VEGAS
celine the power of my dream Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:33 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:33 PM (edited) Thank You, Just missed it last night on Dutch television. I tuned in when Vole fade out. Edited February 28, 2010 at 01:33 PM by celine the power of my dream Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Taking Chances Tour: Antwerpen, Paris, Amsterdam, New York «««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««« http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/M-etje/Celine/Banners/CelineAND15-kl1.png
Un Rêve Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:49 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:49 PM yay, I thought I'd found it on youtube, butit was the old performance Quote
Charlie92 Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:54 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 01:54 PM I saw it and it was a great preformance. great movements to the melody. Vole Quote
jmm29 Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:35 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:35 PM This whole story means so much to me, and leaves me speechless..... an emotional wreck. These are two amazing ladies <3 Quote Jennifer
zuv Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:45 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:45 PM http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html...3d-386ee91257d7 Quote
CD4ever Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:45 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 03:45 PM I saw it in the recap 2 hours ago, it was very very touching Quote XxIlse Follow me on twitter =)http://twitter.com/BlessTheDay Las Vegas March 15 2011!!!http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9181/81083533.png
leus Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:06 PM Posted February 28, 2010 at 04:06 PM Please don't ever call me that again. I hate it so much that it literally makes my blood boil. On to the download link: [ Hidden part. View original post. ] Thanx! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.