celinedream Posted December 23, 2009 at 07:33 PM Posted December 23, 2009 at 07:33 PM (edited) Does anyone else like this musical? I've been obsessed with this it since I read about it in rosie.com. I haven't seen the musical yet but I do have the CD and have learned all the songs. My favorite one is Dancing through life http://www.applause-tickets.com/blog/uploaded_images/wicked-712897.jpg Edited December 23, 2009 at 07:34 PM by celinedream Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
whineupemily Posted December 26, 2009 at 03:31 AM Posted December 26, 2009 at 03:31 AM FanTASTIC musical. 4 times Iv seen it! Only once with the original cast though (Idina, Kristen..). No matter who the cast, it was incredible. Hahaha I also learned all the songs before even seeing it once! :P My favourite is either "Defying Gravity" (In person, when this song is performed, it's AMAAAAZINGGG!!). Orrr, "What Is This Feeling?". Hahaha I love it! ".. is.. unusually peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describeeeeee!" - "Blonde." :wub:Is the musical still on tour? You should track it down, and stalk till you see it! Quote
celinedream Posted December 26, 2009 at 07:35 PM Author Posted December 26, 2009 at 07:35 PM Blonde...hahaha yes i love that line in that song " don't be offended by my frank analysis , think of it as personality dialisis" lol just genius too bad i didn't get to see it with Idina and Chrtistin oh well...yeah definetely im not gonna rest until i see it i heard they were doing the movie Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Macaronie Posted December 26, 2009 at 09:04 PM Posted December 26, 2009 at 09:04 PM I only read the book, but really liked it. Though some parts are really hard to stay focused on the story line. Quote
Macaronie Posted December 26, 2009 at 09:05 PM Posted December 26, 2009 at 09:05 PM Someone read Son of a Witch? What a gay boy he is Quote
JCeline85 Posted December 27, 2009 at 08:49 PM Posted December 27, 2009 at 08:49 PM Wicked is amazing! If you get a change to read the book by Gregory McGuire that's good as well.. but the musical is great! It's rumored they are making a Wicked movie due out 2010.. "Who can say if i've been changed for the better.. but.. because i knew you.. i have been changed for good.." I'd love to hear Celine sing "For Good".. Quote The Wait Is Over?
kerche Posted December 28, 2009 at 07:01 AM Posted December 28, 2009 at 07:01 AM I partially listened to the soundtrack before I saw the musical.It was definitely incredible for my very 1st Broadway show! (even though it was the touring one) My fave song is "The Wizard & I" with "For Good" & "No One Mourns The Wicked" a close second Now I gotta watch it on Broadway in NYC and in London just for kicks! Quote - Kerry -
whineupemily Posted December 28, 2009 at 08:36 AM Posted December 28, 2009 at 08:36 AM i heard they were doing the movie Quote
iloveceline22 Posted January 5, 2010 at 09:06 AM Posted January 5, 2010 at 09:06 AM I've seen the musical once, and I must say, it was AMAZINGGGGGGG!!!! i loveddd ittt! It made me realize how great musical theater is, and ever since that I've been more interested in performing songs from musicals! I loveeee "Defying Gravity", "Popular", and "For Good"!! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 5, 2010 at 05:14 PM Posted January 5, 2010 at 05:14 PM I've seen this 8 times in London over the past few years.... I was dragged along by my g/f and went with the attitude that its a chics kinda west end show, and didn't really enjoy it first time round, but when they changed the cast, and my g/f asked to go again, and she was paying, I thought what the hell.... he he. And after that we were hooked!!! That cast was amazing... in particular Elphaba and Glinda, played by Kerry Ellis, who is small but cute for the role, but ''omg'' she has the most amazing voice, and I think shes currently in NYC doing the same role, and Dianne Pilkington who plays Glinda and is still playing her here in London, because she is sooooo ''popular'' with the audiences, (pardon the pun ) but seriously she was made for this role, shes soooo funny, and really gets into her role... so I would suggest seeing her/ the show in the uk before she leaves, as you will not be sorry!!! The final notes of ''Gravity'' remind me of Celine when she does the air punch and the scream, ohhh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! lol Definatley one of the best musicals at the minute, and which was my no.1 favourite until I seen ''Thriller Live'' at the weekend, which is amazing whether you are an MJ fan are not.... Darren. Quote
Macaronie Posted January 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM Posted January 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM I'm in London now for 2 years and still haven't seen any musical yet Quote
amyja89 Posted January 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM Posted January 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM I've seen Wicked six times, five times in London and once in New York. It's amazing! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.