unicorn Posted September 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM Posted September 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM The only HYEBIL that I liked always, and it`s the best, is the 2003 Divas version.Thats truly her best version Quote Visit My Website
ajguerras Posted September 4, 2009 at 01:49 PM Author Posted September 4, 2009 at 01:49 PM MMM watching the TCW Tour I realized that there are some perfect perfomances like "All by myself" (really incredible how well she sings it) and "My Love" But She had some tone problems with the new songs like "Shadow of Love" "Fade Away" and "Eyes On me", I like them, but thsy did not sound pretty well sometimes...And I want to let it clear, to me, Celine is the best voice around for sure.... Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
William2005 Posted September 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM Posted September 4, 2009 at 11:22 PM A Few Songs:That's The Way It Is - As posters have mentioned previously she only sang this song in its original key once, to my knowledge (on the Early Show). By doing this she completely deflated the energy of the song in my opinion; the Early Show performance definitely proves that I believe (the energy seemed so high when compared to the other performances of the song). I don't know why she did this either as she was vocally strong, if not stronger in 1999 than she was in 2002. Taking Chances - I do love the song and while I can appreciate the performances I didn't find any that I really loved. All of her performances of this song left me a little underwhelmed, perhaps because they sounded very nasal/whiny and she was never able to properly hit the "big" note. I Drove All Night - The Vegas version of this song killed the energy and excitement of the original for me. I was never happy with any of her performances of this song which used the Vegas instrumental. In contrast when she used the original instrumental for the brief rendition on Oprah, I absolutely loved it. Her voice sounded so clear and the energy contained within the original translated perfectly in the performance. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted September 5, 2009 at 03:02 AM Posted September 5, 2009 at 03:02 AM On the few live performances of IDAN she always says "long street road" when it's "long straight road".... in TLYM on Rosie she said "won't you" instead of "can't you". But those aren't really problems. The only problematic performances were TC on the X-Factor, MHWGO on Oprah in 2002, and Dance With My Father on the Grammys in 2004 (which was definitely not Celine's fault). Quote
stevo Posted September 5, 2009 at 10:21 AM Posted September 5, 2009 at 10:21 AM On TC on X Factor, there was obviously some ear-piece/ feedback issue- she looked very uncomfortable form start to finish. It was a pity because that could have been a landmark performance in the UK. Quote
Scramasboy Posted September 5, 2009 at 10:29 PM Posted September 5, 2009 at 10:29 PM I agree Stevo, she was messing with it too, wasn't she? And the DWMF performance was good, even though there was some technical difficulties. And about what William 2005 said about the TC performances, I more or less agree. I think that song was meant for a stage, it sounds best with great backup from the instruments and all that, Way better thoroughly on the TCWT. Quote http://68.media.tumblr.com/0215da4dacb45f3375c9bf63cb89e9c3/tumblr_o3edqjdnpP1s2lrfeo1_1280.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.