Jump to content

Celine could sing on 2012 Olympics. Paris lost. :(


Recommended Posts

Posted

According to this news, Céline will present her version of "A Paris" for the Festival Of The Music (today, in Europe):

 

Céline Dion, à l'occasion de la Fête de la musique, a apporté son soutien à la candidature de Paris en enregistrant une reprise de la chanson "A Paris", accompagnée par un coeur de 500 voix. "C'est comme française de coeur que je vous offre cet hymne", a déclaré Céline Dion dans une lettre au maire de la capitale Bertrand Delanoë.

Translation by machine:

 

Celine Dion, at the time of the Festival of the music, gave her support for the candidature of Paris by recording a resumption of song "A Paris", accompanied by a heart by 500 voices. "It is as French of heart that I offer this anthem to you", Céline Dion in a letter with the mayor of the Bertrand Delanoe capital declared.
Posted
June 21, 2005

 

Paris 2012

Bid Cities: Céline Dion's Gift to Paris 2012

 

Paris, June 21, 2005 - World-renowned singer Céline Dion has recorded a new version of the song 'A Paris' to mark the "Fête de la Musique" ("Music Day") today.

 

An internationally-known classic by Francis Lemarque, the song is a symbol of Paris that has captured the musical imagination of generations.

 

In a message to Bertrand Delanoë, the Mayor of Paris and Paris 2012 President, Ms. Dion paid tribute to the city that holds a special place in her heart and the Olympic bid that she is supporting. She declared: "It means a lot to me to support Paris 2012. It is as a French woman at heart that I offer you the hymn "A Paris".

 

Bertrand Delanoë, moved by this gesture, expressed his gratitude to this immense artist.

 

Accompanied by a 500-strong chorus, Ms. Dion has given the song a new spirit and emotion and from 'Music Day', the song is online on the Paris 2012 website: www.parisjo2012.fr.

Posted
No i know no audio preview :hmm:

TAKING CHANCES WORLD TOUR

8 mei O2 Londen, 13 14 16 mei sportpaleis Antwerpen, 24 mei Palais omnysport Bercy Parijs, 2 juni Arena Amsterdam, 7 juli Arras

Posted

Go to this link:

 

http://www.parisjo2012.fr/fr/actualites/20..._CelineDion.jsp

 

and go to 'ECOUTER LE TITRE A PARIS'!

 

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT SONG! LOVE IT! REAL FRENCH! :clap: It feels like I am sitting at a terrace in Paris when I listen to it!

http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpg

Remember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!

Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16

Paris - May 24 & 25

Amsterdam - June 2

Posted
Yesssssssss I know I've got it already :clap: THAT'S MY GIRL !!!!!!!!!!! I love this song !!!!!!!!! And her voice............ :wub: Céline I love you gal :rolleyes:

 

LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads

 

Official Program now available!

 

http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg

 

THE RED HEADS

Posted
I like that whispered 'oui' at the end of the song, really nice! :D

http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpg

Remember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!

Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16

Paris - May 24 & 25

Amsterdam - June 2

Posted
Paris will win! :clap:
http://www.celinechannel.com/images/banner.gif
Posted
It's for download at the Multimedia Section now too! GREAT! Thanks!

http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpg

Remember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!

Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16

Paris - May 24 & 25

Amsterdam - June 2

Posted

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CÉLINE NEVER LETS ME DOWN

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

 

I can even imagine, if this song was to have a video... just imagine Céline singing this music on the streets of Paris, just walking and dancing like in a musical movie...

 

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CÉLINE NEVER LETS ME DOWN

AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

 

I can even imagine, if this song was to have a video... just imagine Céline singing this music on the streets of Paris, just walking and dancing like in a musical movie...

 

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah and with a pretty dress !

 

LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads

 

Official Program now available!

 

http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg

 

THE RED HEADS

Posted

so quick it's already on internet now...

it's so paris hahah like in paris... so great....

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted

WOWW!

Tanck for the link,i love the new song :blushing:

Encore un soir..

Encore une heure..

Encore une larme de bonheur..

Un soir..

Posted
This song is so PARIS..I love it :in_love: :in_love: I want to dance now..

"Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."

Posted
it's a great song.i love it :wub:
Posted
I don't like that song. :cry: It has a "chanson-touch" from the 80's. :sick:

Celinish greetings

http://www.celine-dion-online.de/avatare/signaturen/cp_blinkie1.gif

 

http://www.celine-dion-online.de/avatare/signaturen/cp_signature1.jpg

 

.: Photo CP's Online Gallery graphy :.
Posted
I don't like that song.  :cry: It has a "chanson-touch" from the 80's.  :sick:

 

Hahahahaha I ddin't like that song much either.... lol too french for my taste! LOL hehehe I like too much italian better hehehe lol

 

but Celine's voice is great!!!! :clap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted

Download Celine version "A Paris" from Celine Multimedia section.

Céline Dion’s Gift

 

World-renowned canadian singer has recorded a new version of the song ‘A Paris’ to mark the “Fête de la Musique” (“Music Day”) today.

 

An internationally-known classic by Francis Lemarque, the song is a symbol of Paris that has captured the musical imagination of generations.

 

In a message to Bertrand Delanoë, the Mayor of Paris and Paris 2012 President, Ms. Dion paid tribute to the city that holds a special place in her heart and the Olympic bid that she is supporting. She declared: “It means a lot to me to support Paris 2012. It is as a French woman at heart that I offer you the hymn “A Paris”.

 

Bertrand Delanoë, moved by this gesture, expressed his gratitude to this immense artist.

 

Accompanied by a 500-strong chorus, Ms. Dion has given the song a new spirit and emotion and from ‘Music Day’.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
I don't like that song.  :cry: It has a "chanson-touch" from the 80's.  :sick:

Typical french song. When I heard the original song, I thought I wouldn't like it, as I don't like that kind of song. But Céline's voice is great, and it's always nice to hear her sing nesw things.

Edited by LoverDion

 

LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads

 

Official Program now available!

 

http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg

 

THE RED HEADS

Posted

I love It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

 

VIVE PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking Chances Tournée :

 

19, 20, 21, 25 et 27 mai à Bercy

5 juillet à Nice

7 juillet à Arras

9 juillet à Genève

12 Août à Boston

19 Août à Montréal

23 Août à Montréal

12 Fevrier 09 à Montréal

14 Février 09 à Montréal

15 Février 09 à Montréal

Posted
Yeaaaaah, I want a video for that song! Céline who is at the famous places in Paris and a romantic clip, maybe with René in it? LOL, that would be fantastic!!! Like the video for Truly, madly, deeply from Savage Garden. In a kind of different colour, sort of black and white but with some colours in it, they are looking for each other anywhere in the city, you see famous spots (this is the ppart where they promote Paris) and at the end they find each other... Sooooooooooooo romantic! *sigh* :in_love:

http://www.celinedion.com/celinedion/english/images/im_06.jpg

Remember the name, because you will never forget the voice... CÉLINE DION!

Anvers - May 13, 14 & 16

Paris - May 24 & 25

Amsterdam - June 2

Posted

English translation of the lyrics:

In Paris

When a love blossoms

It creates for weeks

Two hearts which smile to each other

Just because they're in love

In Paris

 

During spring

On the rooves the weathercock

Spin and tease the wind

With the first wind

That goes by uninterested

heedlessly

 

'Cause the wind

When it comes to Paris

has only one worry

which is to go waste its time

In all the wealthy districts

Of Paris

 

The sun

which is its old mate

is at the party too

And like two schoolboys

They go happily

To Paris

 

Since the taking of the Bastille

In Paris

In all the suburbs

And at each crossroads

There are boys

And there are girls

Who dance on the cobblestones

All day long

Turning

and turning

In Paris

Yes

 

LasVegas2011 by The Red Heads

 

Official Program now available!

 

http://i29.tinypic.com/311km1d.jpg

 

THE RED HEADS

Posted
Yeaaaaah, I want a video for that song! Céline who is at the famous places in Paris and a romantic clip, maybe with René in it? LOL, that would be fantastic!!! Like the video for Truly, madly, deeply from Savage Garden. In a kind of different colour, sort of black and white but with some colours in it, they are looking for each other anywhere in the city, you see famous spots (this is the ppart where they promote Paris) and at the end they find each other... Sooooooooooooo romantic! *sigh*  :in_love:

 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!!

 

I really love this song for what it is: an old-fashioned french song. And Céline lived up to it, she made it sound perfect.

 

My dear Céline never let's me down, she rocks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/welovecelinedion/howcute5gv2.jpg

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10501;104/st/20080413/e/my+graduation/dt/4/k/f5ff/event.png

 

"And really - isn't NOT caring about what others think of you the hallmark of a cool person?"

Posted
It is a song that would have to grow on me. I don't particularly like the style but Celine voice is perfect. I would love for Paris to get the bid it would be wonderful to see Celine sing at the olympics again.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/Piglot82/heartsig1.jpg
Posted
WOW :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...