minolli Posted February 27, 2009 at 01:39 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 01:39 AM Wow, the improvisations are great. It would be nice to hear a bit more of that freedom in the on-stage performances. Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
Celinenvegas Posted February 27, 2009 at 03:53 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 03:53 AM MMMMM I like that Wish she's really let go like that in concert although the live version she does during the show is much better than the cd version. I can't wait for the tour DVD. Quote ~J O E Y~
scorp82 Posted February 27, 2009 at 04:25 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 04:25 AM Thanks for posting! Sounds very hot! Quote
spellbound Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:54 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:54 AM I totally love this! I soooo wish I could have seen a soundcheck, that would be so much fun. maybe next time, after her break....omygosh, i'm gonna start crying again! thanks for posting this! Quote Let the rain come down and wash away my tearsLet it fill my soul and drown my fearsLet it shatter the walls for a new sunA new day has come......
wulanspage Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:20 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:20 AM I really love this version... I hope she make a record... Celine sometimes record a different version for one song, i.e my love, be the man, a new day has come etc... I hope she'll make it for "Alone" Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/LifetimeSig.jpg
tearsinheaven87 Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:52 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 08:52 AM That was awesome! Loved the improve Quote I was waiting for so long, for a miracle to come...30th May 2008, Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland15th September, Madison Square Garden, New York, USA Rip MJ - may your music live on x x x
Esty Posted February 27, 2009 at 09:26 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 09:26 AM Wow! This is magnificent! I wish she sings it live like this one day.... Quote
Xpresso Posted February 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM Posted February 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! Quote
Thecolourofmylove Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:12 PM Posted February 27, 2009 at 06:12 PM I LOVED IT!!! At my concert, they didn't even let anyone in the arena till her soundcheck was done. There wasn't even an option to buy the "Hot Sound Package" Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
Celinesongs Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:58 PM Posted February 27, 2009 at 07:58 PM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
anewdayhascome Posted February 28, 2009 at 06:48 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 06:48 PM i hope someday Celine would perform some concert with lots of improvisations:) Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
zoea2812 Posted February 28, 2009 at 06:54 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 06:54 PM I think its brilliant. And I have noticed in a lot more of her recent concerts she did improvise a lot in "Alone" and it was fantastic Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/NHASig1.jpg
celine5-5 Posted February 28, 2009 at 07:07 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 07:07 PM some should post an mp3 Quote
Terre Posted February 28, 2009 at 08:20 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 08:20 PM That's cool! I wouldn't mind hearing a version like that live. Thank you for the video! Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
celinedream Posted February 28, 2009 at 08:42 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 08:42 PM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her the Celine Robot is a termed used by Celine herself in My Story My DreamOccasionally, I nearly gave way to my worst enemy, to what I call "my singing robot." She does everything mechanically. She has my body and voice but not my soul. Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Celinesongs Posted February 28, 2009 at 09:57 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 09:57 PM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her the Celine Robot is a termed used by Celine herself in My Story My DreamOccasionally, I nearly gave way to my worst enemy, to what I call "my singing robot." She does everything mechanically. She has my body and voice but not my soul.Yes, but she hasn't been like this while touring. You could see the change in her and see that the passion had come back. Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
celinevegas Posted February 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM Posted February 28, 2009 at 10:00 PM Has you he possibility there of having it in audio? Quote "2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France 5 July 2008 Nice France 16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA 9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA 15 Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258171336241.jpg
CelineFanInSoCal Posted March 1, 2009 at 05:03 AM Posted March 1, 2009 at 05:03 AM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her the Celine Robot is a termed used by Celine herself in My Story My DreamOccasionally, I nearly gave way to my worst enemy, to what I call "my singing robot." She does everything mechanically. She has my body and voice but not my soul.Yes, but she hasn't been like this while touring. You could see the change in her and see that the passion had come back. Sure she has. She gave in to the Celine Robot more times than most of us would care to admit or even be able to count. Once she gets on stage and starts pluggin away with "the hits medley", and the like, she goes on auto pilot. A sound check is a way artists use to, well, erm... check their sound...choosing a couple songs to maybe "practice" with, then running up and down the scales with each word to get a true feel for their sound in a new arena. She's not really "improvising", so much as just going through her range to warm up and check the sound. Sure, it's really cool to hear, and many times, gives us some awesome sound bites, just like with: These "vocal freedoms" that she's taking during the soundcheck, sadly, will probably never see the showtime stage for reasons that have already been mentioned and explored. Let's consider ourselves lucky to know someone who recorded these moments and can share them with the world. Quote
MalaysiaCeline Posted March 1, 2009 at 09:50 AM Posted March 1, 2009 at 09:50 AM awesome....much better than the cd version....... Quote http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/29945/2002084162406147433_rs.jpg "Taking Chances"...All Malaysian pls standby for the best album release in the year of 2007....
Javito Posted March 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM Posted March 1, 2009 at 10:50 AM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her the Celine Robot is a termed used by Celine herself in My Story My DreamOccasionally, I nearly gave way to my worst enemy, to what I call "my singing robot." She does everything mechanically. She has my body and voice but not my soul.Yes, but she hasn't been like this while touring. You could see the change in her and see that the passion had come back. She has been acting like the "singin robot" cents and cents of times since she began Las Vegas shows!!. We've seen it with Love Can Move Mountains, I'm Alive, the medley of hits, and many more songs... we've seen her screaming and yelling instead of singing many times during her world tour, though this is something that only is noticed by the fans, not the general audience which still enjoys her voice that way (they don't know how she sang in the Olympia or Paris concerts i.e.). Anyway, she can't sing with the same passion a song that she has been singing each day during the last 6 years But its been the normal consequence after exploiting some songs to death during all these years. It had to happen. But I hope she returns with a completely new setlist for the future with songs that she has NEVER sung live. I cross my fingers! Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
SensationalCeline Posted March 1, 2009 at 06:40 PM Posted March 1, 2009 at 06:40 PM WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for this!!!!!!!!!! Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
mirage Posted March 4, 2009 at 01:30 PM Posted March 4, 2009 at 01:30 PM The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... i think they dont know we want to hear it like that...they think the audience want to hear the songs just like on the album, thats why most of her tv specials are playback. rene told this himself. but we the fans who hear her songs day after day and watch and hear everything she does, we get 'bored' with the same old versions. General audience doesnt. but who knows maybe someday she will do something acoustic where she will 'play' with the songs Quote
idroveallnight Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:13 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 04:13 AM This sounds fantastic. This is how she must sound when she sings in the shower. Can you imagine all the wonderful notes she sang in her lifetime that we have yet to hear? Thanks for capturing this, Jimena. Quote
triniguy Posted March 6, 2009 at 05:29 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 05:29 AM WOw i love it thanks Quote http://surfaced.org/wp-content/gallery/cd_sig/10.jpg
pascaladolphejean Posted March 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM Posted March 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM (edited) From Sarah Rodman’s review of Taking Chances (Boston Globe, November 13, 2007): Take, for example, Dion's cover of Heart's pop-rock anthem "Alone." Enlisting former Evanescence guitarist Ben Moody adds little; in fact, the carbon-copy arrangement doesn't pack as much windswept melodramatic punch as Dion's own "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." Great vocal, terrific melody, a fine rendition, but "Alone" is already indelibly stamped by Heart's Ann Wilson. I remember thinking at the time that this criticism of “Alone” was on target. In my opinion, “Alone” was never a great song to begin with- it’s basically a hook and a scream, very two-dimensional. As written, it’s perfect for a rock star with that frayed-vocal-cord sound or maybe for a contestant in a singing competition like Idol or Star Académie, but not for a phenomenal singer like Céline. One might even say that this is the kind of song that penalizes a good singer because that huge screech in the middle, as thrilling as it may be, is really not about good singing; rather, it’s about a money shot. So, it comes as a surprise to hear that “Alone” does have potential after all. Hearing Céline venture into some of the song’s unexplored territory is fascinating, and I would love to hear what she and a clever producer might make of it. I also think the clip illustrates Céline’s wonderful musical intelligence, something for which she rarely gets credit. Thanks to ryba for sharing this illuminating sound clip. Edited March 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM by pascaladolphejean Quote
hellmeister Posted March 6, 2009 at 05:52 PM Posted March 6, 2009 at 05:52 PM oh wow. I LOVE the way she did the riffs! She sang it a bit differently in the shows than on the CD but THIS would have literally, chilled me to the bones. I got goosebumps listening to that. it is great to get to hear her sing this way... Quote
Celinesongs Posted March 7, 2009 at 01:48 AM Posted March 7, 2009 at 01:48 AM I really don't get it! She can do thingd differently (as we heard here with great results) but she does this for soundcheck ONLY!!The world wants to hear the free Celine. Not the robot Celine... Hope she comes back with a freestyle in 18 months! I'm sorry to sound negative, but I really do hate when people call Celine a "Robot". Yes, I understand it is because of her time in Vegas, but with the tour it's different. ALL of her speeches aren't the same and she interacts with her fans more during the show. Also, a lot of people who go to see Celine aren't "Fanatics" like we are. They want to hear her sing their favorite Celine Dion song the way they know it, not the improv versions like we would like it. I feel really bad for Celine sometimes , because it's very difficult to make everyone happy all of the time. It reminds me of watching her during the recording of "My Love" with Linda Perry. She actually had to leave the room because she was crying so hard I had tears streaming down my face with compassion for her. This is how she has spent her whole life! Anyway...sorry I just love everything about Celine and sometimes get very defensive for her the Celine Robot is a termed used by Celine herself in My Story My DreamOccasionally, I nearly gave way to my worst enemy, to what I call "my singing robot." She does everything mechanically. She has my body and voice but not my soul.Yes, but she hasn't been like this while touring. You could see the change in her and see that the passion had come back. She has been acting like the "singin robot" cents and cents of times since she began Las Vegas shows!!. We've seen it with Love Can Move Mountains, I'm Alive, the medley of hits, and many more songs... we've seen her screaming and yelling instead of singing many times during her world tour, though this is something that only is noticed by the fans, not the general audience which still enjoys her voice that way (they don't know how she sang in the Olympia or Paris concerts i.e.). Anyway, she can't sing with the same passion a song that she has been singing each day during the last 6 years But its been the normal consequence after exploiting some songs to death during all these years. It had to happen. But I hope she returns with a completely new setlist for the future with songs that she has NEVER sung live. I cross my fingers! I AM a fan and would definately have noticed. I guess I was just lucky then. She was amazing at both shows I saw her at. I saw her in Boston, which was the first night of the North American leg of her tour. She had just come off of a month long vacation so she had great energy and was not robotic. The second time I saw her was 2 nights later in her 1st Montreal show. It was the first time she had been back in 10 years. It was very emotionally charged and once again she was full of energy and far from robotic. It was actually my favorite Celine performance I had ever been to. Quote "...I offer what you cannot buy, devoted love, until we die" ~Je t'aime, Céline! http://www.celinerific.com/Gallery/CelineRene/CelineRene26.jpg
Belle Céline Posted December 4, 2009 at 03:51 AM Posted December 4, 2009 at 03:51 AM is there anyway to remove the bakcground noise of the people talking? I love her singing but I would rather not have thebackground noise, its distracting. Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.