Jump to content

Making Celine latino friendly


Recommended Posts

Posted
No other female non-spanish speaking singer has recorded in this language as good as Céline

 

 

Yes. Beyonce... singing with Alejandro Fernandez " Amor Gitano "

http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg

 

.......I want you to need me........

Posted
isn't this just a matter of celine being past her prime? if I'm not mistaken her peak albums - falling into you, let's talk about love, all the way - were huge even in spanish speaking markets. I don't think this article is taking that into account

I think MHWGO is the only English song topped the BillBoard Latin chart?

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
No other female non-spanish speaking singer has recorded in this language as good as Céline

 

 

Yes. Beyonce... singing with Alejandro Fernandez " Amor Gitano "

 

:blink: Come on, are you joking??? :sofunny: I can even hear she recorded some lines word by word! :whistling:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

That article is kinda mindless. Why hasn't Celine recorded a spanish record, that's what they are basically asking

 

The first time I heard of Celine was back in 1996 when the spanish version of "All By Myself" (Sola Otra Vez) was released, and it was A HUGE HIT in Puerto Rico, and in other Latin American countries. Years later she recorded "Amar Haciendo El Amor" and performed at the Billboard Music Awards (Latin Version) that was televised on Telemundo.

 

You don't have to record a song or a single in spanish to capture the "Latino" audience in Latin America. Madonna, Micheal Jackson, Janet Jackson, Aerosmith, are but a few examples of people that not only sell albums in Latin America, but sell out concerts in Latin American audiences. Again, I don't know what's the point of the article. The one thing that comes to mind is that, they are trying to discredit Celine, or take away from her acomplishments by saying "Oh, but.... or "Oh wait..." to make it look as though she isn't successful. Which they are doing to Madonna, which they've done with Cher, and a lot of people who are Icons. Once you reach a certain level, they just want to bring you down. and in Celine's case, it's either, her music is to corny or you're not as popular in x city or whatever.

Posted
No other female non-spanish speaking singer has recorded in this language as good as Céline

 

 

Yes. Beyonce... singing with Alejandro Fernandez " Amor Gitano "

 

:blink: Come on, are you joking??? :sofunny: I can even hear she recorded some lines word by word! :whistling:

 

 

I guess you don't know this, but Beyonce recorded a spanish version of "If I Were A Boy" and it's a hit. And I think she also recorded a spanish version of "Beautiful Liar" with Shakira as well.

Posted
I guess you don't know this, but Beyonce recorded a spanish version of "If I Were A Boy" and it's a hit. And I think she also recorded a spanish version of "Beautiful Liar" with Shakira as well.

That doesn't mean her accent is perfect.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
No other female non-spanish speaking singer has recorded in this language as good as Céline

 

 

Yes. Beyonce... singing with Alejandro Fernandez " Amor Gitano "

 

yes..indeed... this is the song

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBT4lnyjtc

 

And Í am agree with some of the coments...spanish is not a reason that CELINE is not soooooo famous in latin countries...its PROMOTION MATTER...that´s for shure!

 

I think that in Mexico we like CELINE for her English songs...not for those few spanish songs...see...In Mexico, there are MANY "english" singers, who are very success, here are only few names...

 

U2, MADONNA(2 concerts last year, she sold out those dates in about a half an hour!), ELTON JOHN, RIHANA, HILARY DUFF, SARAH BRIGTHMAN, MICHAEL JACKSON(5 times SOLD OUT AZTECA´S STADIUM WITH ABOUT 100,000 PPL), PAUL MACARTNEY(I have seen him...between 25,000ppl), BILLY JOEL, METALLICA, PARAMORE, JONAS BROTHERS!!!....

 

as you can see....there are young, and "clasic" artist!...(not to said olds..LOL)...difrent styles of music, and must of them have not any song in spanish!

 

SO....I believe on what mme Bombardier´s husband said to us...ITS A MATTER OF PROMOTION...(SONY BMG SU**S)(im sorry)

 

HUGS!

(sorry..if my english written its not quite good)

 

TERE

Posted
No other female non-spanish speaking singer has recorded in this language as good as Céline

 

 

Yes. Beyonce... singing with Alejandro Fernandez " Amor Gitano "

 

:blink: Come on, are you joking??? :sofunny: I can even hear she recorded some lines word by word! :whistling:

 

 

I guess you don't know this, but Beyonce recorded a spanish version of "If I Were A Boy" and it's a hit. And I think she also recorded a spanish version of "Beautiful Liar" with Shakira as well.

 

Of course I know, so?...

Céline's pronunciation is better by far than Beyoncé's spanish songs.

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
Personally I don't think she needs a spanish carreer, she already has a major english one, and the french one has been neglected since 2002 :whistling: I'd rather have her focus on that again, then on a spanish one :thumbsup:

 

I agree with you on that! I don't think you need to speak another language just to be a success in the countries that language is spoken! I mean, we don't really need to understand what the singer is saying to like the songs. Taking Brazil as a base, most of the songs we listen are sung in another language, specially English, and there are many people who can't understand a word of English but even so listen to the songs and even try to sing along... If that were the case, I now wouldn't be a fan of Céline's because she has never sung anything in Portuguese...

I personally don't like her songs in Spanish very much, so I don't know what my reaction would be if she recorded an album in Spanish...

 

They probably saw the huge success Madonna had in Argentina, Brazil and Chile and they asked themselves: "How come our Celine can't do the same?" Madonna grossed $ 52 million with 11 shows that attracted more than 713,000 people.

 

Non-Spanish speaking artists don't sing in Spanish and they are huge. Nowadays nobody records a song/album in every language so that they can make a breakthrough in every market. Christina Aguilera released an album in Spanish in 2000 and it was a huge success but Jennifer Lopez did the same in 2007 and it flopped. So, releasing a Spanish album won't make Celine successful, especially if it includes the convers mentioned in the article which appeal to old people. It can help as long as radio stations play her music. The key is promoting her English albums and touring Latin America/Spain.

 

Regarding album sales My Love shipped over 30,000 copies in Brazil and All The Way keeps selling. In 1998 a magazine said that Let's Talk About Love sold 800,000 copies. Her albums sold well in Argentina too: Falling Into You (more than 80,000 copies), Let's Talk About Love (120,000), All The Way (60,000) and A New Day Has Come (20,000). Live In Las Vegas was certified Platinum in both countries without a whisper of promotion. One Heart had good promotion, but radio stations stopped playing Celine shortly afterwards. Anyway, Celine is a model for every young girl who wants to become a singer and even though many people can't hum a song of hers (except for MHWGO) or can't recognize her face, they know her name and she is regarded as one of the best singers in the world.

 

It's not our fault. Celine's management never cared about us. She cancelled a concert in Barcelona in 1996 because she had health problems. The same happened in 1999 when Rene was ill. Still, she sold over 1 million albums in Spain. In 2007, she scrapped her two concerts in Spain and the one in Portugal and replaced them with two tiny concerts in Monaco. For God's sake! and they still want her to be successful in Spain after such scorn? :rolleyes: Remember that TC was certified Gold in Spain (40,000 copies) and debuted at #8.

 

Celine gave a chance to Mexico and Puerto Rico but South America is the only part of the world where the tour didn't stop. I for one feel ignored. Don't tell me she didn't come because they couldn't find a good promoter! The best tours in the last 5 years came to South America. Also, lots of smaller singers/bands came and keep coming. Many chose these concerts to record their DVDs: Madonna, The Police, U2... Rene said they planned this tour so that they could enjoy summer wherever they went... Hello! It's summer here! Autumn begins on March 21st and there is hot weather till mid April. I'm sure it was Celine's team who didn't want to come.

 

They completely wasted this market. In 1999, she could have packed some stadiums. In 2008/2009, she could have sung at arenas. If she wants to come in 2015 or 2020, she won't be able to sing at arenas and will have to sing in theatres because hardly anyone will remember her... it will have been over a decade of lack of promotion/airplay by then. Will she come to give concerts for 3,000 people? No way! Sorry for being pessimistic, but that's the way it is... As she's going back to Las Vegas we can already say that they lost this market.

 

Some of the acts that toured South America in the last few years: U2, Rolling Stones, Madonna, The Police, Roger Waters, Robbie Williams, Aerosmith, Evanescence, Keane, Muse, Coldplay, Rod Stewart, Bob Dylan, Queen & Paul Rodgers, Duran Duran, Kylie Minogue, Michael Bolton, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, Lily Allen, Joss Stone, Maroon 5, Bryan Adams, Seal, Diane Krall, Norah Jones, Michael Buble, KT Tunstall, Bjork, Dionne Warwick, Charles Aznavour, Liza Minelli.

 

Some weeks ago: Elton John, James Blunt, Alanis Morissette

 

In the next few weeks: Peter Gabriel, Liza Minelli, Backstreet Boys, Deep Purple, Radiohead, Kraftwerk, Keane.

 

Finally somebody to put in words what I've been saying to myself all along. If you compare the number of fans Elton John has here to the number of fans Céline does, you can see Céline would easily be sold-out in an arena like the one Elton John performed... It's just a matter of caring or not...

 

Sorry, but I'm still angry for knowing that the only tour I really would like to see hasn't stopped by. So I had no choice but become a fan of Madonna's, Elton's and James Blunt's.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...