Jump to content

Colon Cleansing


celinerific

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking about going into a colon cleansing program, because frankly it's good for your health.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it and if it has benefitted them? Or if anyone has any opinions, feel free to input. I want to get a good jist of what I might be getting myself into. :huh:

 

Thanks in advance. :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted (edited)

Colon cleansing? You mean something like The Master Cleanse? If so, then I would do that one, I've done it before and I felt fantastic. You get all the nutrients you need while getting rid of everything unwanted in your body.

 

Tips/help:

 

- If you can get past the first day, you can do it. The first day was miserable, I was crying at the end of it because of how hungry I was.

- You WILL get sick of lemons. I did this back in August and haven't touched a lemon since.

- For the cayenne pepper, it doesn't really matter how much you add - but the longer you leave it in, the stronger it gets. I had a method of making the daily two liters of lemon juice and maple syrup and leaving them in the fridge, then filling up a water bottle and then adding a pinch of cayenne and drinking that. Made it much more tolerable.

- DRINK THE ENTIRE TWO LITERS DAILY. I didn't, I never drank it fully so my dad made my stop on day 6 because I was getting deprived (and apparently bitchy)

- The salt water flush is probably the most disgusting thing ever, after drinking a liter of it, you will feel like puking.

- The hunger goes away. Like I said, Day 1 was terrible but Day 2 I was completely fine. Day 3-6, I started missing the taste of food (especially when my dad and his girlfriend brought home french fries and ice cream) and so I used the chew and spit method, lol

- It's super important that you don't consume any food during this, only the lemon mix.

 

I ended up losing 10 pounds in 4 days on it, but I did gain a lot of it back so it's not a permanent weight loss thing. It's an added bonus and it definitely motivated me more. Oh, and the six days I was on this, minus the food cravings, I felt really good. I had more energy and was able to sleep through the night for the first time in years and I felt healthy.

 

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to email me if you decide to do it - dancewithoutsleeping@gmail.com. And if this isn't what you meant by colon cleansing, I apologize for rambling lol

Edited by Allie
Posted (edited)

I would never do it- it's just not a natural thing to do to your body. You can be healthy and happy without involving so much poo.

 

Just Googling, I found this...

 

"Proponents believe colon cleansing provides health benefits — by removing toxins from their bodies, and boosting their energy and their immune systems. But doctors take a different view.

 

Although doctors may recommend colon cleansing in preparation for a medical examination of the colon, most don't recommend colon cleansing for better health or to prevent disease. This is because:

 

* It's unnecessary. Your colon doesn't require enemas or special diets or pills to eliminate waste material and bacteria. It does this naturally on its own.

* It may be harmful. Your colon absorbs water and sodium to maintain your body's fluid and electrolyte balance. Some colon-cleansing programs disrupt this balance, causing dehydration and salt depletion. Long-term or excessive cleansing programs can lead to problems such as anemia, malnutrition and heart failure.

 

If constipation is your concern, you can help prevent constipation without colon cleansing."

 

 

 

Apparently there's no scientific evidence to back up any claims of health benefits from doing it. So it's kind of icky and weird.

But if you do decide to do it, please, at least discuss it with your Doctor first! I don't mean to sound judgmental but messing around with food, and not eating, and stuff like that can lead to some serious problems. It's not worth hurting yourself like that.

Edited by Jacqui
Posted
Well I wouldn't go through it. Not eating just doesn't sound healthy for your body. Sure your body could probably manage a certain period without practically any food (if you drank), but I doubt it would really do any good.. There are many ways to eat healthy, you don't have to stop eating entirely! Of course this is just an opinion, but personally I don't believe in this kind of cleansing programs.

http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpg

HELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !

Posted
If you`re doing it just to loose weight, its not worth it, I would only reccommend this if your doctor thought you needed it done for health reasons. For weight loss, its a whole lifestyle change...not just a week. Its all about healthy eating habits and a strict work out routine. I should take my own advice :P

Music Is Life...Live It

You are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

Posted
Edward does it weekly in the ocean. I think it's unnecessary.
http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted

Oh my Allie. Your method sounds so miserable lol. I was reading about a product last night called Colonix and it's pretty good, you dissolve it in any beverage and you drink it, and you would just eat as you would regularly - just healthier food choices. But I figured eating healty won't be a problem since I'm obsessed with eating healthy anyway lol.

 

I feel like doing it beause some of the symptoms such as fatigue, bloating, etc... have come and gone in me quite a few times, so I figure maybe I should give it a shot. The pictures of the customers have show of the feces that they crap out is pretty digusting - all that's been inside them. It's gross and I just can't imagine all that stuff in me. :sick:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qbub9c.png

 

@ErikaTran | Insta: aireexwp | erikatran.com

Posted
Colon cleansing sounds very good, and I would try one of those tablets that dissolves in a drink like Evercleanse or Colonix. I would never do anything like that Master Clense, it sounds horrible and I don't trust a site that spells physical as fisical :P. Plus, I couldn't go without eating. So I should try one of the tablet things.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png

Posted
I know that my sister did this and she said it was terrible. It sounds like it helps your body but on the news the other night, they have the health sections and a doctor on there from MCG said that colon cleansing was actually very harmful to your body.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...