Davey84 Posted December 18, 2008 at 12:01 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 12:01 PM In Céline’s spirit, I made 5 categories, in which you can describe your favourite moments of 2008! And unlike TeamCeline, you don’t have to use 50 words or less The categories are: Favourite song/album overall Favourite new Céline item you got or bought Best performance on TV Best concert experience(s) Best personal moment Bonus :Favourite Funny Céline Moment Favourite song/album overallMy fav song of the year must be Map to my Heart. It has so much power and it’s not your typical Céline song! I think I played this song the most this year! My fav album must be Taking Chances. Eventhough I love D’elles, I understand more from TC, plus it’s a very good and solid album IMO! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtI think my most fav one would be the cassette of Water from the moon, and the USA cassette and 12” of Any Other Way… I’ve been looking for that those for soooo long and now I finally have them! I still can't believe it! I’m also very happy with the tourbook, the photos are gorgeous! Best performance on TVMust be At Seventeen! she totally blew me away with singing that song! It’s so very heartfelt, it’s like the song was written for her. She proves once again that she can turn any song into magic! Best concert experience(s)Seeing her the first night in Antwerp was soo magical! I was so close to the stage! And the setlist was the best ever!!! I totally loved TLDH!!! You could also notice that Céline was so happy to perform in French again! I was lucky to see Céline in many cities and it was magical to experience a concert in Paris! I got to meet many other fans during this tour, which was awesome! But the best atmosphere and audience must have been Arras! Céline was one with the crowd and you could see the joy of performing in such a special place! The people I was with, were sooo much fun! And she even made up a song for us, what more do you want?! LOL Best personal momentMy best personal moment was in front of the hotel in Amsterdam, where I got some great autographs and also a little personal contact, when she gave back my photo to me, directly! And the most special and also most stalkish part was, that I got to touch her hand! :woot: Favourite Funny Céline MomentI don't know if it was the 24th or 25th of May, I think the 25th, but after signing stuff for loads of people in front of George V, Céline went into the car and after a few meters, the window in the roof openes up and Céline comes out, waving and blowing kisses all the way down the road! which diva would do such a thing!? So… what are your favourite moments of 2008??!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
kathyc25 Posted December 18, 2008 at 03:12 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 03:12 PM Favourite song/album overall Well, I never thought I would say this but 'My Love'...when I first heard this song on the album I was kinda like 'eh'. But after seeing it live, and so emotional I have a new appreciation for it. Favorite album is Taking Chances definitely. It really shows off her versatility and I can really identify with the songs. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought I LOVE the tour book, besides the beautiful photos it gives me so many great memories ....and my autographed ipod and TC CD Best performance on TV hmm...this was tough.... Can I pick two? My Love on Oprah and At Seventeen on the Grammy Show. Both were perfect IMO. Best concert experience(s) Seeing her in Montreal was amazing...to be in her home town, how much the audience loved her...the red carpet...it was magical! The Prudential Center to be so close to her...and then taking my hands right as she comes underneath the stage to leave...oh man, I`ll never forget that ever. She has the softest hands! Last but certainly not least, front row at MSG. A dream come true! Best personal moment Getting TWO autographs here...that was incredible Bonus :Favourite Funny Céline Moment hmmm...well nothing that I personally witnessed, but I love her silliness on the stage. Poland anyone? Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
Timster Posted December 18, 2008 at 04:49 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 04:49 PM Favourite song/album overallMy favourite song this year is probably I Drove All Night. I had always liked this song but seeing her peform it on the TC Tour makes it truly spectacular. Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtI've only started buying Celine stuff since A New Day... Live In Las Vegas, so everything I own was bought this year but my favourite item has to be Celine sur les Plaines! It's one amazing DVD! Best performance on TVProbably The Prayer with Josh Groban back on the CBS Special. I can't really think of any others... Best concert experience(s)May 3 2008 Manchester!! One of the first concerts with the new stage, and a very rare THINK TWICE!!! Best personal momentActually seeing Celine in real life was enough for me! Bonus lol_2.gif :Favourite Funny Céline MomentUndecided... Quote
Shaun Posted December 18, 2008 at 04:52 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 04:52 PM Great topic Davey. Here are my thoughts on this year. Favourite song/album overallI think my favourite song of this year would probably have to be "Surprise Surprise." I think it's an incredibly well performed song and it was good to see Celine being pushed in the studio by Kara to get the song just right. It's a song sadly we'll probably never see performed live, but it's been one of my favourites this year and probably will continue to be. As for favourite album, well it has to be "Taking Chances", although sadly it really didn't reach the heights everyone had hoped for this year alhough some comical decisions from Sony really did kill the album off earlier than it should have. An album that took Celine in a whole new direction and one that gave us some magical performances on tour. Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtFor me it would probably have to be the "Celine Dion" vinyl album that I managed to get hold of. My Celine album vinyl collection is coming along nicely now and this was a great addition to it. Best performance on TVI think the performance of "Something" with Joe Walsh on the CBS Special early this year was an undoubted highlight for me. It was one of only 2 live performances on this show and it showed off Celine's vocal ability really well and was a true highlight of this show. "At Seventeen" was good also but I feel the CBS performance far outweighs this. Best concert experience(s)Whilst seeing Celine back in the UK again in London in May again was just superb, the absolute highlight for me was seeing her at Bercy in Paris. Not only did it give me the opportunity to hear some of my favourite French songs performed live, it also gave me the chance to be in a crowd full of true Celine fanatics. The atmosphere was just amazing. Add to that the show I saw in Paris was her last night there it all adds up to a truly special concert experience. Best personal momentI think probably fulfilling the above ambition of seeing Celine live in Paris was a big moment for me personally. Having seen her in the UK several times over the years, several times in Vegas it really was a big moment for me to see her in Paris. I guess the next ambition for me would be to see her live in Quebec. Favourite Funny Céline MomentI think probably the moment on stage in Manchester when she was trying to wish Manchester United good luck in the Champions League final but ended up just wishing everyone good luck instead. Haha. Only Celine! Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Terre Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:15 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:15 PM Favourite song/album overall This is hard... That's Just The Woman In Me. I instantly fell in love with it when I heard it for the first time. I think it's one of the best Céline songs ever and I love the way Céline sings it! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtThe tourbook. The photos are gorgeous! Best performance on TV Céline's performance of My Love on Oprah is one of my very favourites. Best concert experience(s)I loved every concert I attended but I think the one in Stockholm was the best. My seat was so close to the stage and many little things made the night very special to me. I was on such a high and I think I screamed more than most people in the audience. Best personal momentIt's impossible to pick just one. Seeing Céline from a close distance at her hotel in Amsterdam. It was the first time ever I saw her live in front of me. Another moment was during Céline's concert in Stockholm when I shouted "I love you!" to Céline. It was such a special moment to me! I was bursting with happiness after that and it took me a while to realise what was going on. Favourite Funny Céline Moment I can't think of anything right now. Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
destin139 Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:24 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:24 PM Favourite song/album overallFavourite song would have to be Shadow of Love - no idea why and album overall would have to be Taking Chances - her first English album with me as a total die hard fantatic (although I've been a fan for many years, the last 28 months or so its gone up a whole new level!!) Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtThe tour book is awesome and brings back such awesome memories of such a special night in May in London! I love my new t-shirt from CF squared and I love my copy of For Keeps which I got this year too! Best performance on TVFor me it was Celine Sur Les Plaines (I know it was a live concert but I saw it on TV!) She surpassed herself and I loved every second of it! If I have to say a specific performance on TV, then My Love on Oprah was incredibly special and emotional - i went through nearly a whole box of tissues! Best concert experience(s)MAY 8TH 2008 O2 ARENA!!!! (sorry for the capitals I just cant help myself! )My first time ever seeing Celine live and one of, if not the best night of my life! 7 months down the road and I still have no words to adequately describe the excitement and emotion I felt as Celine walked through the audience right in front of my eyes for the first time! I was expecting a fantastic concert but I was totally blown away! I thought I might actually explode with the sheer emotion of the evening! Best personal momentAs above... nothing else comes close! Favourite Funny Céline MomentI didn't experience it first hand but seeing the youtube video of Celine cracking up when someone yelled "I love you Celine" during the a capella part of My Love (I think it was in Edmonton) I laughed for days - the way she tried so hard not to laugh but just couldnt was fabulous! I think it just re-iterated to me how close the relationship is between Celine and her fans - I loved it! There are several other hilarious moments but I think that was one of the funniest for me! Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
ce-line Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:38 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 05:38 PM Favourite song/album overallMy favourite album must be "My love" and my favourite song "There comes a time". I really like this song and it has become one of my all-time favourites! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtI bought many items this year but I think my favourite must be "Céline sur les Plaines", but also my taking chances tourbook. There are so many gorgeous pictures in it. I just love it! This year I also bought "My story my dream" and that is an amazing book... It's sooo difficult to choose ONE item... Best performance on TVMy favourite performance on TV is probably the CBS special from February. It was a great show and it was shown on Danish TV, too! Best concert experience(s)There is no doubt on this question 'cause I only went to one concert and that was in Parken, Copenhagen. That was my first time ever seeing Céline live and it was such an amazing experience! I'll never forget it! Merci Céline for and a FANTASTIC night! Best personal momentHmmm... That was a difficult one... The concert was of course a very emotional and personal moment, but another thing I also have enjoyed was meeting more friends here on celineforum! Favourite Funny Céline MomentHmmm. Can't really think of any?! Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
dancer105 Posted December 18, 2008 at 06:57 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 06:57 PM Favourite song/album overall: My favorit esong would have to be My Love and favorite album it definitley Taking Chances. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought: This one is so hard to choose... probably my T-shirts and tourbook from the tour.. and since I didn't get to see AND in vegas I bought a program from that which I was very happy with also. Best performance on TV: At Seventeen and My Love on Oprah Best concert experience(s): Cleveland Ohio.... It was the perfect way to start my Celine concert experiences, hopefully with many more to come... I loved meeting so many fans and singing along with everyone... It was simply the best. Best personal moment: After the concert when Celine was leaving I hopped into the aisle and shook hands everyone who was onstage, band, dancers, singers, and then I saw Celine coming towards me and I just reached out my arms and she hugged me and thank god that was shot on the big screen and someone got it on film or else I wouldn't have had any proof cuz i just got up and pretty much left my mom lol Favourite Funny Céline Moment: I loved when Celine was on Rachel Ray and she was probably expecting to meet this humble calm woman and Celine just went crazy lol I don't think Rachel really knew how to act at first Quote
Allie Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:15 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:15 PM Favourite song/album overall: I cannot decide on an album to save my life, but my favorite song is Surprise Surprise. I knew the first time I heard it that I LOVED it and it has been my favorite since then. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought: I just became a fan this year, so I bought the A New Day DVD in March after my grandpa bought it randomly and I watched it and fell in love with her. I think it was the best $20 I've ever spent, no joke. Best performance on TV: At Seventeen, hands down. I was blown away, that song is my top played in iTunes with over 300 more plays than the #2 played. I have it on DVD too and once in a while I will put it on repeat while I get ready for school. I never get sick of it, it's a beautiful performance and just...wow. Best concert experience(s): LA 12/2 - the only one I went to. It was my first one and I had the time of my life. Best personal moment: Catching her eye on Leno and waving to her Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:18 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:18 PM (edited) Favourite song/album overall My favourite Celine song of the year has to be ''River Deep Mountain High'' which will tie in with another one of my answers below, lol.... and my favourite album of the year is ''Taking Chances''. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought I have two favourite Celine items that I got this year.... one of which is the amazing tour programme and the other is my ''A new day...'' stage piece, that I got signed!! Best performance on TV The best tv performance of the year had to be the CBS special back in January.... three of the highlights were ''rdmh'', ''s'' and ''tjtwim''. Best concert experience(s) Without a doubt the ''Taking Chances'' tour in Dublin!!! This was the best concert, nevermind Celine concert I have ever been to..... it was friggin electric!!!!!I'll never forget being there listening to Celine and all those people, signing and dancing to, ''tt'', ''abm'', ''rdmh'' and ''mhwgo'', but for me ''rdmh'' in Dublin, will stay with me to the day i die, it was something else seriously..... i was so happy to be part of it!!! Best personal moment I'll have to think harder/longer about this one.... lol. Darren. Edited December 18, 2008 at 09:19 PM by Ire23 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:26 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 09:26 PM Favourite song/album overall"Alone" really hit me well this year. I love what she does with the song---it shows off her sensational voice. I'll never forget hearing the sound check of it when I was picking up my ticket in Montréal Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtWell, I did want to make love to the tin box. Best performance on TV"My Love" on Oprah Best concert experience(s)Her last 2 dates in Montréal. Best personal momentHer being FEET away from me---seeing how beautiful she is. Favourite Funny Céline MomentI love when we got those panty pictures of her in her purple dress! Funny! Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
boyblackuk Posted December 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM Posted December 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM Favourite song/album overall My favourite song is Because you Loved me - My partner has started to get in Celine and he says to me, this is his favourite song as it reminds me of him....Sweetest thing ever. Album is definately "My Love...Ultimate Essential Collection", reliving all the old songs which has been great. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought My Celine picture as on my avatar, I had it made especially for me it was fantastic to see it Best performance on TV Celine and Charice on Oprah, I thought i was soo sweet Best concert experience(s) In Manchester watching the screens move up and there is celine in her pink fucia dress, the crowd go wild and she laps it up and starts to sing....Its so amazing. the adrenalin Best personal moment My husband got me a tailor made christmas card with celine on the front middle and back As Below Bonus :Favourite Funny Céline Moment Celine with Alison Hammond on the UKs show this morning, there chemistry was good and when alison sung to her if she could sing and celine she said no lol funny Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 19, 2008 at 03:25 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 03:25 AM Favourite song/album overallI have to say Taking Chances. It kind of sums up my year, with graduating...it's the time of my life that I need to take chances. Cheesey, I know...but true. My Love as well. Just a favorite of mine from the tour. It was always such an emotional moment for me.Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtI just bought Celine Sur Les Plaines.....and I'm mega excited about this one! And duh, my autograph. :wub: Best performance on TV: Everything from Sur les plaines was excellent. It was so magical to see her in her home, with everyone sooo supportive of her. Best concert experience(s) OMG all of them. Montreal was amazing because itw as my first for the tour. Nassau, of course, was amazing...read my following answer for details Best personal moment: Getting to hug her and say 'thank you' and 'i love you' after her show in Nassau New York. Best moment of my life. On top of that getting an autograph mailed to my home address the day after seeing my last show for the tour (or so I thought) because of the letter I handed over to her bodyguard at the Nassau show. It couldn't have been more perfect timing. Favourite Funny Céline MomentI remember there being a lot of moments that were typical quirky Celine, but the first one that comes to mind was again at Nassau where she had to get the "cleaning ladies" up on stage to clean off all the sweat. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
iloveceline22 Posted December 19, 2008 at 04:13 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 04:13 AM Favourite song/album overall : well this is a hard one! i cant even choose! this is impossible for me...but some favorites are map to my heart, this time, a song for you, On S'Est Aimé A Cause, immensite, Je Ne Suis Pas Celle and soooo much moree! Favourite new Céline item you got or bought: Celine sur les Plaines DVD (thanks to my brother <3 ) Best performance on TV : "My love" on Oprah / "At Seventeen" Grammy Noms Concert Best concert experience(s): being able to finally hand over my letter and frog to her! most def the best thing that could have ever happened! a miracle after so long! ...and finally being able to hear that Note in All by myself live! what a moment! Best personal moment: once again being able to give her my letter and frog..and finally gettin an autograph!! ahh so thankful for these moments! Favourite Funny Céline Moment: at the 2008 CBS special...when she was crackin jokes when the cameras were off her...i loved it when she started being all hip hop! what a cutie!!! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
CellyDee87 Posted December 19, 2008 at 04:58 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 04:58 AM Great Topic Davey! Favourite song/album overallIt's a tie for me Can't Fight The Feeling and That's Just The Woman In Me I adore these songs and haven't gone a day without listening to the Taking Chances album this year. LOVE IT! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtMy signed copy of For Keeps Thanks Forum and Thanks Vic also although small I cherish my tickets as keepsakes Best performance on TVAt Seventeen and I feel very spoiled that I was able to see this live, it was just extraordinary, a great moment showing off her flair and versatility and the song suited her perfectly Best concert experience(s)Without a doubt Phoenix, it was the most magical and electric night for me words cannot describe how good this show was but read the thread from Phoenix if you haven't she was just UNBELIEVABLE! Best personal momentCeline in Phoenix throwing my frog up to Celine and her singing with it all through Because You Loved Me http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LJOtipvX_RA&...re=channel_page Favourite Funny Céline MomentI can't narrow it down, she always has some classic funny moments That's our girl!!! Quote
celinesounds Posted December 19, 2008 at 05:20 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 05:20 AM Favourite song/album overallMy Love and Dreaming of you. The album is Taking Chances Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtThese Are Special Time - Gold Edition Best performance on TVMy Love @ Jay Leno e At 17 @ Grammy concert Best concert experience(s)Bercy was amazing Best personal momentSee Celine in France @ the Hotel Quote #FREEJAVITO
Black Kitten Posted December 19, 2008 at 06:42 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 06:42 AM (edited) Favourite song/album overall - probably Taking Chances (still one of her bests ever) and My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection. it's always nice to have her old songs in a brand new cd LOL. about a particular song, i'll pick There Comes a Time and I Surrender. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought - the A New Day dvd and My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection. Best performance on TV - Something with Joe Walsh and the "epic" performance of At 17. Best concert experience(s) - none LOL. i haven't seen her! Best personal moment :cry: Edited December 19, 2008 at 06:43 AM by dhena Quote
reamary Posted December 19, 2008 at 07:43 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 07:43 AM Favourite song/album overall: Album must be Taking Chances, it's simply amazing and I listened to it the most. It's harder to pick one favourite song though.. But I guess I'll end up with Taking Chances as well, I guess it's also the song I listened to the most. And it will always be very strongly linked to the year 2008. Favourite new Céline item you got or bought: I guess the tourbook. It has such gorgeous photos and it's a memory from the concert. Best performance on TV: When she sang Something, with Joe Walsh in the CBS special. Best concert experience(s): I only attended to the one in Helsinki, so that was the best experience. Best personal moment: I didn't have any real personal moments, but just being in the concert when Céline first came to the stage. It felt so unbelievable, seing her standing there right in front of you.. Favourite Funny Céline Moment:It's not really that funny, but anyway, the version of Eyes On Me that they sang with Will.i.am, that sure was a lot of fun! Quote http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o419/reamary/1338b390-8604-432c-8a00-e8e1052a92ba.jpgHELSINKI 9.6.2008 - PARIS 26.11.2013 - PARIS 28.6.2016 - STOCKHOLM 17.6.2017 !
nano Posted December 19, 2008 at 07:49 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 07:49 AM (edited) Favourite song/album overall I've got to say "My Love" Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtall the stuff I got signed Best performance on TVcan't pick just one: At Seventeen @ Grammy, Something @ CBS Special, ML @ Oprah & Leno and Sur Les Plaines -concert Best concert experience(s)Helsinki was special because it was her first time in Finland and that Monday was just perfect. New York was so frigging cool, first meeting her and then seeing the concert which was amazing. Best personal momentHelsinki-Vantaa Airport: After running through the mall and waiting in the perfect summer weather, we finally met her. It was so cool, a pefect start for the concert!New York: I still can't believe how lucky we were, they arranged one-on-one time with Celine and we all got to talk with her. I had the opportunity to say something special to her. Did I? umm, no..but it's understandable. My brains just doesn't work when she's around Bonus :Favourite Funny Céline Momentpersonal: I gave my TC card to Celine and she was like "oh! I got a credit card..can I go shopping with this?" http://www.celinedionforum.com/index.php?s...t&p=1173582 Edited December 19, 2008 at 07:49 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Jenni Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:00 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:00 AM (edited) Favourite song/album overallhmm.. Right away I fell in love with TC, My Love , TWTBI, but one of the two songs that I have "discovered" this year and have totally fallen in love with after seeing it live is "Fade Away", another one being "This Time", though I cannot relate to it in any way myself, it's just a great song nonetheless. Recently, however, I have loved listening to "Dance With My Father", such a beautiful song. My favourite album is without a doubt Taking Chances! It's been playing in my car nonstop for the past 13 months now! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtAll the items I got signed! My two favourites, however, would be my wallet as it's pretty much always with me, and the other one would be an enlarged concert photo taken by myself that I got signed later on. I had it framed with an engraved plaque and it now hangs on wall. Best performance on TV"My Love" on Oprah, and all the Dion siblings on stage in Quebec (DVD) Best concert experience(s)Like Anu also said, New York was amazing overall, but the single best night for me was definitely Helsinki!! The whole day was exciting and amazing. We had great seats at the concert, and having her perform in my home country for the first time was just simply spectacular and exciting!! Best personal momentHaving her face-to-face in New York and having the opportunity to talk to her! ...although nothing reasonable came out of my mouth, just nonsense babbling! The best part, however, was to hear her say "thank you, Jenni"!! No idea where she got the name from, though... maybe she picked it up when Sopha mentioned it a while earlier. But to hear her say my name was something surreal. Favourite Funny Céline Momenthehe, probably the video clip of her going crazy on stage in Krakow. Oh and it was also great how she would add "Helsinki" and "Finland" into the lyrics during her performance of LCMM in Helsinki!! She would sing something like "love can move mountains in Finland.." She did a few similar variations throughout the song, which I haven't heard her do elsewhere. It was amazing!! Edited December 19, 2008 at 10:01 AM by Jenni Quote
nano Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:43 AM (edited) My favourite album is without a doubt Taking Chances! It's been playing in my car nonstop for the past 13 months now! Favourite Funny Céline MomentOh and it was also great how she would add "Helsinki" and "Finland" into the lyrics during her performance of LCMM in Helsinki!! She would sing something like "love can move mountains in Finland.." She did a few similar variations throughout the song, which I haven't heard her do elsewhere. It was amazing!! I had totally forgotten that..lol, it was amazing! :laugh: Edited December 19, 2008 at 10:46 AM by nano Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Macaronie Posted December 19, 2008 at 09:59 PM Posted December 19, 2008 at 09:59 PM (edited) Favourite song/album overallMap To My Heart / Taking Chances. Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtEr... her concert ticket? Best performance on TVUn Peu Plus Haut / At Seventeen Best concert experience(s)Thanks to Soph I had a good seat in May so I could shake her hand which meant I signed in for another year of Lucifa's Satire. Ace. Best personal momentEr... that's personal. Edited December 19, 2008 at 10:01 PM by Macaronie Quote
Helen1981 Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:33 PM Favorite song/ albumI have more favorite songs. Like "Map to my heart", "Je ne suis pas celle", Je ne vous oublie pas", My love (the live one)", Dance with my father and "Le temps qui compte"My favorite album is "D'Elles" Favorite new Celine item you got or boughtI think that would be "For Keeps" and my 2 Celine sunglasses! Best t.v performance"My love" at Oprah! So much emotion in her eyes when she looked right in the camera, like she sang it for me Best concert experienceCeline in Munchen when she sang "It's mans world" and when she did the soundcheck Best personal momentHaving Celine back in my life again and when she sang "My heart will go on" in Munchen we walked to the edge of the stage and while she sang she looked me right in my eyes for 3 times. That felt like magic to me and it meant a lot for me! Favorite Funny Celine momentCeline is fun and fun is Celine!!!!! Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/SurpriseSig.jpg Proud to be a Celine Dion Fan
Helen1981 Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:36 PM Posted December 19, 2008 at 10:36 PM Oh and with "favorite Celine item you got or bought" I forgot my 2 Celine tatoo's! I think that these are the most special to me Quote http://www.celinerific.com/Signatures/SurpriseSig.jpg Proud to be a Celine Dion Fan
jmm29 Posted December 20, 2008 at 12:03 AM Posted December 20, 2008 at 12:03 AM I didn't experience it first hand but seeing the youtube video of Celine cracking up when someone yelled "I love you Celine" during the a capella part of My Love (I think it was in Edmonton) I laughed for days - the way she tried so hard not to laugh but just couldnt was fabulous! I think it just re-iterated to me how close the relationship is between Celine and her fans - I loved it! There are several other hilarious moments but I think that was one of the funniest for me! THAT WAS MY VIDEO!!!!! Quote Jennifer
ajguerras Posted December 20, 2008 at 12:43 AM Posted December 20, 2008 at 12:43 AM Favorite song/ album"Surprise, Surprise", "Miles to Go", "Then you look at me","Immensite", "si j'etais quelq'un" . My favorite album is "D'Elles" Favorite new Celine item you got or boughtA new day DVD. Best t.v performance"Taking Chances" in dancing with stars.. (I wonder if it was in 2007 or 2008) Best concert experienceDans une autre monde, Tous pres du bonheur , Quebec City Anniversary. "All by myself" Taking chances tour in asia, She hit a very high and different note at the end of the song. Best personal momentWhen I saw the A new day dvd, specially the day her father died. Favorite Funny Celine momentI dunno... She's bussy and stressed... Not very funny lately... Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
Jacqui Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:53 AM Favourite song/album overallAlbum- Taking Chances. I like that there are several different types of songs on there, the beautiful ballads, the more uptempo stuff etc- she can sing anything! I also like My Love, though, it sort of has the best bits of all the albums. Song- On S'est Aime A Cause. Something about that song kind of sums up life, to me. How love means compromise, sacrifice, we may change, but we stand by the people we care about. Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtThe tour program. Unless the actual concert tickets count. Best performance on TVThe Quebec 400th concert. I don't speak French. I didn't know much about Quebec at all. But this whole thing inspired me to learn more of the language and more about Celine's culture. I loved seeing how much this event touched her, and loved seeing her with her family and the way she's never forgotten where she's from and where her loyalties are. Best concert experience(s)April 5th and 6th, Sydney. It was totally worth the wait. She's just amazing. Best personal momentI don't really have one. :-/ Favourite funny Celine momentThis one's really hard. Probably the Rachael Ray interview. She was just so hyper. Quote
Lymon Posted December 21, 2008 at 09:55 PM Posted December 21, 2008 at 09:55 PM Favourite song/album overall My favorite song would probably be This Time. At first it was Eyes on Me(and I still love that song to death), but now I really love This Time and think it's one of the best song's she has ever recored. Very different song, I love the Evanescence-esque approach to it, and I hope that Celine works with Ben in the future more. As for album, i'd probably say Taking Chances. It finally shows Celine moving in another direction from the adult contemporary singer, and I hope she continues this route on the next English album(I never have to worry about the masterpieces called her French albums, she always delivers in an epic way there ) Favourite new Céline item you got or bought Probably my D'elles CD, because I had the album on mp3, but to have a physical copy of the album and to be able to listen to it in the car in Canada with my great-aunt was an amazing experience, and it's helped her get even more into Celine. Best performance on TV I know it was an actual concert, but the entire Quebec City 400th Anniversary was truly the best moment of Celine's career. Lively, excited, putting passion into each and every song, it was an amazing experience. Best concert experience(s) Don't have any Best personal moment I wish I had one Favourite Funny Céline Moment The beat-boxing from the CBS special Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Javito Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM One of the most special moments this year for me has been the release in february of the ANDHC collectors edition Since she's not been in my country to give a concert ( ) I think that's one of my best Céline moments this year! Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
JP Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM Posted December 21, 2008 at 11:55 PM (edited) Favourite song/album overallPretty hard.. So many songs i still love pretty much on TC.. I think i would say "Map to my heart".. It's raw emotions, love her voice, love the lyrics! Favourite new Céline item you got or boughtMy 2 favorites albums signed by Celine Best performance on TVSimply The Best!! Still watching it a lot, the joy she had while recording it is so intense!! And for sure, Un peu plus haut with Ginette Reno Best concert experience(s)I have to take 2.. August 15th, my very first time i saw a complete concert!! I was so excited, it's when i was watching the tourbook before the show started, while seeing the tracklist at the end, i realise who i was about to see, i realise i wait for that moment since 1996 and it was finally happening tonight!! I was shacing! I was also naive so i spent the whole show yelling and up, that was so cool!Also, the NYC concert!! I still remember when the guy scanned my ticket, i couldn't believe it, it was my dream to see Celine in this so famous place! Was so great to meet so many fans!!! Best personal momentThose dinners before concert in Montreal and NYC, share all this excitement with fans around the world, it's those evenings i'll cherish for a long time!Also, even if i spoke to Celine and she didn't answer anything, waiting for her at her Hotel was pretty cool! Actually, not so cool because of those crazy people who were pushing or old crazy lady who came 5 min before Celine came out and try to steal our places.. But still amazing to have Celine in your face, signing my stuff And for sure, the concert on the Plaines in Quebec is still my highlight of the year!! Can't describe all the fun i had with Tam, Stephanie and all the others people!! Bonus :Favourite Funny Céline MomentAhahah, the speech she made in Ottawa!! Edited December 21, 2008 at 11:58 PM by JP Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.