Jump to content

Where and when was TLYM actually recorded?


Recommended Posts

Posted
It's just the center channel of the AND DVD.

Only the first part is from the DVD. The second part is the file I was talking about, I first had this file about 8 years ago so it's much older. Someone added the start because the original file doesn't have the opening verse.

Posted
I think the second part is the center channel too, same as 8 years ago cause it's the same track. I didn't try to separate the 5.1 audio myself, so I could be wrong.

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Posted
Those have been around for ages, not just since the AND DVD. I've had them both on my computer for years. The "a capella" of TPOL appears to be her vocals from way back when, before the track was cut in half for AND. As for the TLYM, you can still here some instruments in the background and there's backing vocals galore [there's even backing vocals on TPOL], which totally makes me wonder how "live" these performances that we're getting nowadays actually are. If they're using tracks like this, are the backing vocals being performed live? I figure she's been using Elise for years and years, so I'd imagine it would sound similar, but everyone's voice changes overtime. The performances that we're getting are spot on from over 10 years ago. Interesting...
Posted
the ghost(s) of the past that keep(s) haunting Céline and her backupsingers!! :fear:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
The backvocals are usually live. You hear them on the Acapella tracks because in a 5.1 audio setup for a DVD, the center channel (the speaker right in front) is used for the voice and the backing vocals. So if you mute all the other speakers, you end up with only the center channel playing, where you can hear the voice and the back vocals, but it doesn't mean it's the track used for the playback. The "playback track" isn't only ONE track. It's all separate channels, so they have control on Celine's voice alone, the sounds FXs are on another track, etc... So what you hear in the center channel isn't what is on the playback track. The backing vocals are usually live, but there are some exeptions (at the very beginning of A New Days has Come, the "A new... Day... Ahhh Ahhhhh" are pre-recorded.
Posted

Can this center channel thing be done for all the songs?

 

Cos I'd love to have acapellas of IACBTMN and MHWGO playbacks!

  • 5 months later...
Posted
Not the lip synching topic again!! I dont think she always lips this song . I really dont believe she has ALWAYS lipped this song since way back in the 90's. Why cant we give her some credit. sigh.

i'm sorry but celine has been the top3 lipping vocalist in the world for years.

every one not so stupid knows she lipped quite a lot.if she didn't want others to discuss on it,she should be honest.

no one except sarahbrightman lipped that much,about 50%in tour i think.

that's very wicked.if another one did this,i would just treat her like dirt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...