Lou555 Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:34 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:34 AM Céline was home more than 15 minutes ago and I'm going to bed too . Sorry that I'm not able to stay up to read Denelle's review. It'll have to be tomorrow... Happy to read it was an amazing night for Céline and fans. Goodnight or good morning everyone! Quote
CellyDee87 Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:09 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:09 AM (edited) Ok so firstly I apologise as this is going to be a really long review Ok so I wasn’t even meant to be going to Phoenix until like 2 days ago, it was a spur of the moment thing and I forfeited Disneyland to do it but let me tell you I am so glad that I did, Celine was beyond words, sooo amazing, I’ve NEVER seen her like that!!! Thank you to sjhgranitebay for the amazing experience, I will never forget Phoenix! So as some of you may have read I was a little let down after LA, I can’t explain why only that it didn’t reach my expectations not to mention I was completely shattered I did not get to give my Aussie frog to Celine. So long story short, the Celine addiction kicked in, the rational part of my brain stopped working and here I am today on my own flying interstate in a foreign county, ohhh the things Celine can make you do So it was a sound check package and the tickets were 3rd row, which was great. Met up with sjhgranitebay as we anxiously awaited to be taken away to the soundcheck. Guys if you ever get the chance or the opportunity soundcheck is totally worth it, it a way of seeing the controlled and yet relaxed side of Celine. So we’re in the arena sitting right near the catwalk, Barnev, Elise, Mary-Lou, Mego etc are already there jamming away as was Miguel practising some of his dance moves. I immediately got excited as the trio; Barnev, Elise and Mary-Lou started to sing Think Twice which sounded out of this world! So they continued practising, mucking around and having a lot of fun on stage dancing to Mego’s Flamenco. So then in she comes, now she was wearing a short black leather jacket, black tights, and a grey pencil skirt with the most killer heels on the planet they were silver metallic and sky high, had to stop myself from looking at the shoes Her hair was in the bun but she had some makeup on, she came over to the catwalk where we were all sitting and said hi asked how we were and shook hands, I was secretly freaking out inside Makes me feel like I’ll have a heart attack when she’s close What surprised me about the soundcheck thing is the way she is TOTALLY and COMPLETELY in control of everything, testing out a variety of mics, cutting songs mid-way because she didn’t like the sound, every sound was tailor made to her specifications. She kept playing with her skirt lifting it up then she said in the mic “can you guys hear me?” Yeah we answered, she lifted the skirt again implying that she’d lost weight “see what happens when you work too hard and she giggled.” So she did Taking Chances like 3 or 4 times, Alone then fooled around with every note and octave her body was capable of producing and all as she interacted between French and English. She started clowning around towards the end; the Celine we love, dancing and being goofy, LOVE IT! Overall, it was so worth being able to see her like this and she said, “i’ll see all you guys later, you know when I have the hair and the shoes and the dresses” “Thanks for coming, I’ll see you soon”. Also soundcheck went for close to ONE HOUR, which was really good! Loved it! Ok so after soundcheck we were escorted to the dining room where all the other soundcheck guests were and we had a beautiful meal, cocktail shrimp martinis, salmon, roasted meats and vegetables, pasta, drinks, desserts, the works. Then we were escorted into the arena for Gordie Brown, immediately I knew the show would be amazing as we were amongst an A-Grade audience. The crowd was so into Gordie, standing ovations and laughing hysterically I knew this was just a start of what would come. Ok so the lights go out and when the crowd starts to cheer we know whats going to happen, Celine entered the arena looking pumped, blowing kisses, waving and the crowd were loving it, everybody was standing as they heard IDAN! They were sooooo into it, Phoenix really showed Celine the love, when she finished the applause just went on. I personally hate TPOL I just can’t stand the song but during it, everytime Celine walked around the stage as she came closer to people seated in the area they would just stand up and start screaming and clapping it was so amazing, and you could tell she loved it, audience and Celine were truly feeding off each other. So she did her welcome speech with the typical “It’s been so long, we’re going to make up for lost time and all that jazz” she was in such a GREAT, and happy mood, to describe her would be like this So then she’s talking about Maman Dion and the tour and how she asked her to come and all that she was cracking jokes doing her “Girlfriend” thing and the crowd were going bananas for her! So then we had the typical TC which she vocally mixed up a bit which was really cool like she did in soundcheck, she was soo free with her singing tonight, she was really into it and so were we. Then we hear IACBTMN there was an almighty roar, it’s a crowd pleaser and Celine was working the booty and the dance moves throughout with a smile from ear to ear! So after LA with my unsuccessful frog attempt I bought another one in Anaheim after I knew I would definitely be going to this show, it didn’t have the little t-shirt and all, but oh well, I didn’t want to miss an op. I thought BYLM would be a perfect time... and I was right I waited down the front patiently my heart dropping slowly as I thought she was going to walk away, then she looked at me and I motioned and asked her, “Can I throw it up?” “She had an almighty smile, held out her arms and caught the frog and the crowd went wild, I nearly cried I was shaking! So she went around the stage holding on to my frog holding it to her chest and sometimes singing to it at the end where she normally says “I want you to sing with me” she held out the frog and said “I want you to sing with me and the frog”... “I’m everything I amm........” I was so happy, and shaky which explains why I couldn’t get a decent shot of her and the frog lol. She did the regular PQTME intro and when she said I couldn’t go on tour without singing at least one French song, crowd again went nuts started yelling out JJG, PQTME, everyone was excited for her to sing it and she was truly overwhelmed by the crowd. She had standing ovation after standing ovation, she received flowers during PQTME which she held onto, she was so interactive with the crowd, evidently she was better, and it seemed like you couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, I think she was stunned by the audience reaction, she kept saying “You guyssss” and shaking her head laughing, it was the most amazing show to be at, she was dancing, shaking the booty and the bust I may add just having an absolute ball. The crowd all stood for Shadow of Love and Fade Away also they were really into it which I thought was surprising being the newer songs, the audience gave Celine adrenalin and boy did she deliver. After the frog and the flowers she went to one side of the stage and said how people were giving her things and somebody had thrown up their credit card. It was a license and she was asking and giggling and joking why “Issac” had thrown up his license. She asked where he was and said “do you want it back?” he said “ yeah” then Celine says “Well... you’re going to have to come down and get it then!!!” Crowd again goes ballistic, and Issac runs down and gives her a kiss on the cheek, Celine saying he can only have ONE! He then said my boyfriend wants to say hi to you and she says “well he’s going to have to come down here too, she was soo funny! Saying that if she took it she would get arrested and stuff, she said she doesn’t drive much anymore, she just drives everyone else crazy, again crowd loving her She says “can you imagine Celine Dion with the license of a 21 year old”... “Celine Dion 21... yeah right!” She was quick with the comedy tonight, the dancing everything was above and beyond what I expected standing ovations, just everyone showing her the love that she deserves and she knew it and gave 110% back in return. She also mentioned that we were in the presence of a legend and talked about him for a bit, Muhummad Ali was there everybody stood up clapping, Celine bowed down to him, and then made boxing moves and told him, it was on with them later. LCMM was another favourite they were all favourites tonight really, RDMH and MHWGO everyone went psycho for it, I loved the Celine love in the room! Her exit was so slow did not want to leave continuously waving and blowing kisses, what a sweetheart and the most memorable night ever. I hope all of you get to experience her like this, I’d never experienced that kind of Celine until now and I’m so grateful I did, what a treat! Anways really tired for now and I have an early flight back to Cali tomorrow, so I’ll fill in the gaps if I think of anything else. Much Celiney Love to you all, Denelle PS. Just to give you an indicator of how good this was, Los Angeles SUCKED in comparison, it was the best concert EVER! Edited December 7, 2008 at 08:17 AM by Denelle Quote
KimboCosmo Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:10 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:10 AM (edited) Denelle, that review is OFF the chain......... I am so tickled for you that I'm about to cry! What an amazing show that must have been! OOO...I want to throw my license to her...but I want an autograph on it...LOL! That's so insane! Edited December 7, 2008 at 07:30 PM by Thomas Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
CellyDee87 Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:15 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:15 AM (edited) OMG Kimba so am I, I just can't believe how AMAZING it was! Anyone would think I have bi-polar right now I'm like this then then this then this So amazing, I just love her more and more! Edited December 7, 2008 at 08:16 AM by Denelle Quote
marneeceline Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:35 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:35 AM Denelle!!! OMG like i can not believe this and i have already told you but like i love you so much for calling me during LCMM!!! i just start to think that i truly got to experience about 4 mins of this amazing concert over the phone!!! hahahaand my gosh woman you and i are i think a little more then bi-polar hahaha the best and number #1 AUSSIE fans..... and come on tell me you are going to come to Montreal with me now!!! hahaha love you very much and oh so jealous! and Denelle!!!! you had your moment with CELINE!!! my gosh im so happy i need to go and cry again! hahaha love you. Quote http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/marnee007/hotty4marne.jpgmy love for celine dion will live forever. xxxxx. http://www.cfsquared.orgMy Taking Chances World TourMarch 31st 2008 Brisbane Australia April 2nd 2008 Melbourne AustraliaApril 5th 2008 Sydney Australia (home)April 6th 2008 Sydney Australia (home)February 10th 2009 Quebec Canada First Time ever touching Celine! I got 1st HUG off stage! February 12th 2009 Montreal Canada First time Catwalk Seats sooo much attention from Miss Dion! February 14th 2009 Montreal Canada Touched Celine as she left. Asked her to be my Valentine! February 15th 2009 Montreal Canada I MET CELINE DION BACKSTAGE!!!!!! February 26th 2009 Omaha Nebraska Gave Celine Shadow Of Love Sunglasses! Front ROW! I got the Last Stage Hug of the TOUR!!!!!!
CellyDee87 Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:45 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:45 AM Here's a couple of pics to tie you over, I'll put all up when I'm more awake and not delirious Love the one with her in her boxing Ali pose, too cute Quote
CellyDee87 Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:48 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 08:48 AM (edited) Denelle!!! OMG like i can not believe this and i have already told you but like i love you so much for calling me during LCMM!!! i just start to think that i truly got to experience about 4 mins of this amazing concert over the phone!!! hahahaand my gosh woman you and i are i think a little more then bi-polar hahaha the best and number #1 AUSSIE fans..... and come on tell me you are going to come to Montreal with me now!!! hahaha love you very much and oh so jealous! and Denelle!!!! you had your moment with CELINE!!! my gosh im so happy i need to go and cry again! hahaha love you. LOL You're too cute I'm seriously contemplating Montreal, I'll have to work my butt off over summer, I'm sure I'll be ready for a Celine fix by then. I'm glad you enjoyed the call, and yes we are Australia's number #1 fans! Viva Celine! On such a high right now!!! Edited December 7, 2008 at 08:49 AM by Denelle Quote
Shesings2me Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:30 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:30 AM Wow, wow, and more wow!!! Mohammed is another angel on earth and Celine knows it. I bet that's where some of her energy came from as well. Denelle, you do a masterful job at portraying what an amazing night this was for you. Thank you for the energy and enthusiasm in your review delivery; it helps put me right there with ya. You better get yourself to Montreal in Feb 'cause it won't be right without you. Good for you for getting Celine her froggy; you have gutts. The guys who threw his license up...BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that before?? Thanks for the cute pics too; and ya, the one with her in a boxer pose is priceless! Lotsa love, T Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
Shesings2me Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:37 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:37 AM Here's a couple of pics to tie you over, I'll put all up when I'm more awake and not delirious Love the one with her in her boxing Ali pose, too cute Sorry, but I think froggy is the cutest froggy yet; just look at him staring up at Celine. Did you take over little froggy's body there, Denelle? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
celineangel7 Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:41 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 09:41 AM Lucky you! I love how you described everything Celine had to say Denelle! I don't have the best short term memory to remember all that. I hope we get all that silly Celine insanity. I have read that she hasn't really interacted with fans at some sound checks and you pay good money for it. You got lucky! I'm so nervous, excited, and so much more about being in the front row next to a cat walk really soon! Quote * December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine! Dream #1 accomplished. While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily! She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus! She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me. I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80
ashleylovesceline Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:25 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:25 AM Aww, so good to hear SHE'S BACK! You can always tell when the crowd is good, because that's when "crazy" Céline emerges!! I love it when she's like that! I'm so happy for you Denelle - I told you, your moment would happen! And it's ok to get crazy with your credit card when you have that intuition that it is going to be THE night! I've done that before as well... totally worth it! I only wish I could see her in Indianapolis in a few weeks..... *sobs* Quote
I Surrender Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:34 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:34 AM this has got to be the best review I have ever read good heavens Denelle I could totally picture it all. Thanks for sharing itwith us. You are one lucky girl. Any vids btw ? Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
Jacqui Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM Thanks for posting Denelle! It sounds like it was an amazing concert and I'm glad you finally had a 'moment' with her! The frog is adorable! LOL that's funny that she lifted up her skirt...but why? I hope she was wearing underwear then Ahhh I wanna see her again. Someday. Quote
browseceline Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:42 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:42 AM oh I love love love your review! When I read it I can picture it in my mind how it must have been for you and the whole crowd! I still think about my first concert experience in Amsterdam and it was so fast, the concert was over in less then a matter of hours. Wish I had a close encounter Like you! One thing I missed ; did she sang think twice? or only in the soundcheck? Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
max24 Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:55 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:55 AM Did she sing the queen medley? Quote
Lizzy Posted December 7, 2008 at 11:00 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 11:00 AM Wow, wow, and more wow!!! Mohammed is another angel on earth and Celine knows it. I bet that's where some of her energy came from as well. Denelle, you do a masterful job at portraying what an amazing night this was for you. Thank you for the energy and enthusiasm in your review delivery; it helps put me right there with ya. You better get yourself to Montreal in Feb 'cause it won't be right without you. Good for you for getting Celine her froggy; you have gutts. The guys who threw his license up...BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that before?? Thanks for the cute pics too; and ya, the one with her in a boxer pose is priceless! Lotsa love, T I totally agree with Tracy. I could totally picture it all too. Thank you for sharing it with us. Quote
scorp82 Posted December 7, 2008 at 01:59 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 01:59 PM Denelle, thank you for your review! Your review was amazing and it greatly described the magical essence you experienced at the concert! I am happy to hear that the crowd was completely excited about Celine! I am so glad to see Celine being herself and loving life! In fact, this review makes me even more excited about the 2 concerts I'm planning to attend in January, Lord willing! I have not seen Celine live yet, but I know it will be an unforgettable experience! Thanks again! Quote
Cheerfuljane Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:15 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:15 PM I wonder if Denelle managed to get any sleep?? Unlikely Brilliant review. We understand your , and all too well. Don't worry. If you are bi-polar it's not because of Celine Glad you got a pic of Celine with the frog. You're lucky the sound check was so long. It's too late for us to throw our licenses at her.... the idea has been taken Like Ashley said, the hole debt thing is worth it for these occasions. I'm so happy for you. You deserve it Quote
mirage Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:16 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:16 PM god how i wish we had such show on dvd, and not the boston one... Quote
CellyDee87 Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:20 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:20 PM (edited) Thank you guys for your kind words It really was amazing and Im glad my review let you feel like you were there. T about Montreal I really really wanna go, so hopefully I see some of you there And Jane, no sleep for me, at the airport now, only had 3 hours so tired, but so worth it, I'll try and post some more pictures soon Oh and also there was no Queen medley and Think Twice was only a little bit of it, done by Barnev, Elise and Mary-Lou only in the soundcheck, before Celine arrived. Edited December 7, 2008 at 02:23 PM by Denelle Quote
kwright Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:58 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 02:58 PM WOW! Thanks so much for the reviews! Denelle your review was absolutely amazing and just gets me EVEN MORE EXCITED for the concerts that I'm going to in January! I realllllly do hope they are going to be all that you described this concert to be! I'm SO happy you got your moment with Celine! I'm sure this night is going to be one you'll never forget! Congratulations! I'm glad everybody had a GREAT concert! If the word GREAT can even be the right word! haha AMAZING Quote "Let me be the one to love you more..."
CelineRox Posted December 7, 2008 at 03:09 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 03:09 PM Woah Denelle, thanks for your review, it sounds amazing! I'm so happy you finally got to give her your frog! Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
Elaine Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:45 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:45 PM I waited down the front patiently my heart dropping slowly as I thought she was going to walk away, then she looked at me and I motioned and asked her, “Can I throw it up?” “She had an almighty smile, held out her arms and caught the frog and the crowd went wild, I nearly cried I was shaking! So she went around the stage holding on to my frog holding it to her chest and sometimes singing to it at the end where she normally says “I want you to sing with me” she held out the frog and said “I want you to sing with me and the frog”... “I’m everything I amm........” I was so happy, and shaky which explains why I couldn’t get a decent shot of her and the frog lol.(...)After the frog and the flowers she went to one side of the stage and said how people were giving her things and somebody had thrown up their credit card. It was a license and she was asking and giggling and joking why “Issac” had thrown up his license. She asked where he was and said “do you want it back?” he said “ yeah” then Celine says “Well... you’re going to have to come down and get it then!!!” Crowd again goes ballistic, and Issac runs down and gives her a kiss on the cheek, Celine saying he can only have ONE! He then said my boyfriend wants to say hi to you and she says “well he’s going to have to come down here too, she was soo funny! Saying that if she took it she would get arrested and stuff, she said she doesn’t drive much anymore, she just drives everyone else crazy, again crowd loving her She says “can you imagine Celine Dion with the license of a 21 year old”... “Celine Dion 21... yeah right!” She was quick with the comedy tonight, the dancing everything was above and beyond what I expected standing ovations, just everyone showing her the love that she deserves and she knew it and gave 110% back in return. Those have got to be her best (and yours too) moments in the entire tour!! I laughed a lot!Thank you so much for the review and congratulations on your time with Céline! You must really be in seventh heaven right now! OOO...I want to throw my license to her...but I want an autograph on it...LOL! That's so insane! Imagine the scene: You are driving and then some guard stops you and asks you for your license and reads something like "Kimberly Love, Céline Dion" This really would be insane! Quote http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/1352/opo3.jpg
CelineRox Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:54 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:54 PM OOO...I want to throw my license to her...but I want an autograph on it...LOL! That's so insane! Imagine the scene: You are driving and then some guard stops you and asks you for your license and reads something like "Kimberly Love, Céline Dion" This really would be insane! Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
DesertSkye Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:16 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:16 PM ...... PS. Just to give you an indicator of how good this was, Los Angeles SUCKED in comparison, it was the best concert EVER! I was also in the audience last night and out of 5 times seeing Celine in Vegas and the tour in London last May, her Phoenix performance was the BEST I ever experienced. She smiled almost the whole time and talked more than ever and also to mention, her singing was top-notch. She was on fire and so was the audience. For probably being the last time I will ever see Celine live, it was by far the most brilliant! Quote http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload5/218806/tn-500_celinediord43.jpg March 15, 2011June 18, 2011
Shesings2me Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:32 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:32 PM Nice...very, very nice indeed!!! Congratulations Phoenix crowd for giving Celine such a wonderful time too. You ROCK PHOENIX PEEPS!!!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
KimboCosmo Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:36 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:36 PM Gosh, I can't stop thinking about your experience, Denelle...that is so wild! It's made me creative in thinking for my own shows! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
KimboCosmo Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:39 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:39 PM OOO...I want to throw my license to her...but I want an autograph on it...LOL! That's so insane! Imagine the scene: You are driving and then some guard stops you and asks you for your license and reads something like "Kimberly Love, Céline Dion" This really would be insane! That would be something... Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
Thomas Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:21 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:21 PM Photos and review from the show: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9972/pic1ye8.jpg http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9139/pic10dc5.jpg http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3233/pic12gi5.jpg http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4270/pic13jh7.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4136/pic14rp1.jpg http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7909/pic16mc9.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5387/pic17ny8.jpg http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4931/pic18gz4.jpg http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6315/pic19pk7.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1073/pic2gi1.jpg http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2066/pic20xo1.jpg http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4876/pic21qx0.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6247/pic22gy5.jpg http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/918/pic5ta6.jpg http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/905/pic6zo7.jpg http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3350/pic7sz5.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4972/pic8kx8.jpg http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8852/pic9ac1.jpg http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5638/pic4gn7.jpg Celine Dion gives her all at Jobing.com Arena Some singers caress the words of love songs, looking for nuance and hidden meaning. Celine Dion is the opposite: She attacks a song and wrestles it into submission. Subtle it's not, but it's the kind of thing that plays well in a large venue, and it endeared Celine Dion to the fans that filled Jobing.com Arena on Saturday. Dion's world tour has been plagued with some bumps. Throat problems forced her to cancel and reschedule a few concerts, and the Glendale appearance was only her third show since restarting the tour. But if she had any lingering after-effects from being ill, they weren't visible. The singer was in good spirits, full of energy and a goofy sense of humor. "It's been a long time since I've driven my own car, but I'm driving everybody crazy!" was a sample of the Dion wit. Technically, her voice was astonishing. It soared and swooped with disarming ease, never faltering or hitting a bum note. Say what you will about Dion, but she's got an impressive set of pipes and is obviously a perfectionist. She simply doesn't appear to make mistakes. Still, despite her enormous skill, her singing often lacks heart. It appears flawless, and it probably is, but it only occasionally touches the soul. Call her the Stepford vocalist. A song would start out quietly, build to a big Cinemascope climax and end with a sustained note that could take a listener's breath away. But because most numbers boasted the same formula, rarely did anything get under your skin. The songs that did strike a nerve generally strayed from the pattern and skipped the bombast. Her reading of Linda Perry's My Love was quite affective, especially the opening moments in which she sang without any instrumentation. During a French song called Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore, Dion offered a beguiling restraint that was absent from the English material. A few more moments like that may have added some diversity to the concert, which felt like an evening of showstoppers with few rest stops between. The show was housed on an impressively huge stage planted in the middle of the arena. Her seven-piece band was solid, and things flowed smoothly with the assistance of three backing singers and eight dancers. All the movement and spectacle were welcome, because it took some of the focus away from Dion's intense theatricality: At times, her arms would flail about wildly above her head, as if she were trying to land an incoming plane. Only once did the show truly thud: Dion covered James Brown's It's a Man's Man's Man's World and simply proved that volume doesn't equal soul. One wonders what Brown pal Muhammad Ali thought of the number. The legendary boxer was in an arena suite and Dion introduced him to the audience, which gave him a rapturous standing ovation. He smiled and offered a gentle wave to the crowd. Dion also left the stage to an enormous ovation. The night climaxed with the Titanic weeper My Heart Will Go On, which Dion performed while candlelit chandeliers were lowered from the ceiling. As soon as the first strains of the familiar melody were heard, you could feel the tear ducts starting to loosen up. Really, you couldn't ask for a better signature tune. Quote
Thomas Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:23 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:23 PM So after LA with my unsuccessful frog attempt I bought another one in Anaheim after I knew I would definitely be going to this show, it didn’t have the little t-shirt and all, but oh well, I didn’t want to miss an op. I thought BYLM would be a perfect time... and I was right I waited down the front patiently my heart dropping slowly as I thought she was going to walk away, then she looked at me and I motioned and asked her, “Can I throw it up?” “She had an almighty smile, held out her arms and caught the frog and the crowd went wild, I nearly cried I was shaking! So she went around the stage holding on to my frog holding it to her chest and sometimes singing to it at the end where she normally says “I want you to sing with me” she held out the frog and said “I want you to sing with me and the frog”... “I’m everything I amm........” I was so happy, and shaky which explains why I couldn’t get a decent shot of her and the frog lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJOtipvX_RA Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.