Jump to content

Celine receive a doctorate Honoris Causa, August 21 - Laval University


Recommended Posts

Posted
Haha I know the crowds are huge!! Aww, she looks so pleased to get her doctorate.
Posted
Haha I know the crowds are huge!! Aww, she looks so pleased to get her doctorate.

 

And so many older ladies. WOW, she's tha QUEEN there truly!

 

Now she got her title, congratulations Celione Dione! Now bring back that JJG and record with him some meaningful stuff kindly please. That would be worth of 2 doctorates.

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Celine's words blew me away... So sweet, touching. :wub: She was splendid and looked awesome.

CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU.

 

 

http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg

 

 

 

 

I was there...:

 

... May, 20th - Paris, France...

... May, 21st - Paris, France...

... May, 24th - Paris, France...

... May, 25th - Paris, France...

... May, 27th - Paris, France...

... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...

... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...

Posted

She also talked about how she faced big pressures in life and how she has coped with those and she talked about her pride in being involved in the 400th anniversary concert tomorrow and her duet with Ginette Reno. Looking forward to that! She said she never met an artist in her entire life that went on stage wondering whether they would give their all but that everyone goes on stage to do their best.

 

Did the journalist sing Sous Le Vent to her? I couldn't really hear him but when Celine joined in it sounded like it.

Posted
She just answered a question in English I thought was nice. She said she didn't get to go to school for as long as she would have liked to but that actually living in the real world is a great teacher but at the same time she is pleased Rene-Charles is enjoying school. She said he brings her his work before any of the teachers can do it and that he is only interested in A grades. He doesn't like B's or A- or anything like that, but Celine told him that even if he brought her a F or a D it wouldn't matter because he is learning and enjoying himself.

Awhhhhhhhhhhh :in_love: . Yeah you don't want to damage a kid by always expecting perfection.

Posted

I saw Celine on TV, she looked really beautiful, honest, sincere.

 

I loved her speech, I truly believe everything that she said. She is still the same little girl from Charlemagne, even with all the fame. I love her! I am so proud of our girl. Congrats Celine!

"remember the name, because you'll never forget the voice"
Posted (edited)
I see that Laval isn't too intellectual... :lol: I don't think Celine would ever get invited to speak at an event where I go to school nevermind get an honorary degree hahaha She's a singer and a great human being, but academia is supposed to mean something. She doesn't even compose or write music. Normally I have no qualms about that, but academia isn't about being a pop star.

 

:blink:

 

You probably don't really know what honoris causa means...

 

 

Celine, I'm proud of you! :)

Edited by P@ulin@
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4392/celinebombardiersmallmikp5.jpg
Posted (edited)

I can't believe there are people here that say bad things about her receiving this honour. How dare you?! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

If you weren't so ignorant and had listened to what she said in her speech, and what the others said about her, from ministers to deans and so on, you would have learnt something.

She was just amazing. I saw the entire ceremony live. Her speech was extremely beautiful and heart-felt. She gave way to tears at the end, she was really overwhelmed. She gave the Doctorate to Rene, for all his hard work over the years. In the press conference she called him her "chef d'orchestre". It was really touching to see the grace, intelligence and serenity of this amazing woman. She handled it better than anyone, she was like a true queen.

She really is what I hope the human race will eventually develop into. During things like this, when you see her, one really gets the impression she's a little step ahead of many of us on the evolution scale, while being so down to earth and simple at the same time.

Michel Jasmin and another guy who was invited in the TV studio to comment said the most wonderful things about her. They both know Celine since the very beginning. I don't remember which one of them it was that said Celine has a much greater talent than anyone knows. So much talent she may never have time to use all of it, but that she's making a lot of plans to develop her other talents, especially acting. They actually said Celine is a great actress, so I guess she must do some private acting for her friends and family once in while, for them to get a sense of how good she is.

Rene said she's always writing songs/poems for people dear to her, to express her love and feelings, but she never wants to write her own songs, even though he wishes she would. Celine said that she can't seem to be able to finish a song, that she's somehow afraid of finishing them. She joked saying that maybe now, that's she's wearing a doctor's robe, she may be able to finally finish a song :laugh:

She talked about Rene-Charles a lot, of course. She said RC doesn't want his teacher to show her the grades book when he has a B or an A - and she once sit him down and told him that it doesn't matter what grade he got, as long as he know he did everything in his power and gave 100%. She said she wishes RC to go as long as possible in school, to go all the way, but that he shouldn't forget to go to the school of life, which is equally important. She said she hopes that her receiving his doctorate will open RC's appetite for school and learning even more and make him understand that he can really achieve anything he wants in life.

She said that many times fans come to her and start with "I know you heard this a lot of times....", but for her every time she hears people's compliments, it's always new and touching, every bravo is important and touching for her.

She also kinda dissed her critics, I love it when she does that, because she does it with so much grace and intelligence. Among other things, she said that some people always say "You should have done that, you shouldn't have done that and so on". Sounds familiar?

One really beautiful thing she said at the begining of her speech was something like this: The voice is a God's gift, but it's what you do with it that really matters, how you use it. It's about not being afraid of using ones voice to the full potential (I mean generally, not her singing voice, even though it referred to that too, it had a double meaning). And she said this is a very big honour for a little girl from Charlemagne. She kind of gave the doctorate to the little girl who had the guts to dream big and act big at just 13 years of age.

And there's a lot more, but it's very late at night for me. I was so proud of her, so thankful I was able to watch all this live. I just wanted to go there and give her a big hug.

If there was ever a moment for all of us here to be proud of her and stop dissing her, this is the time. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but once in a while is best to pay respect to people who truly deserve it and shut up for a change in order to really listen to her, because she does know more than most of us will ever know, even if that's not math or science.

Edited by Teodora
Posted
She was so touched and she cried a lot! So cute!!!! :) I love her for that, - for that sensibility! :) She's really beautiful!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/tativale/lildoll.gif

"Sometimes we talk with our eyes and it says more than 10,000 words" moi

It's always possible to change!

Vive le Québec

"On ne grandit pas, on pousse un peu, tout juste, les temps d'un rêve, d'un songe,
Et les toucher du doigt, Mais on n'oublie pas, L'enfant qui reste, presque nu, les
instants d'innocence, Quand on savait pas... On ne change pas..."

Posted
I can't believe there are people here that say bad things about her receiving this honour. How dare you?! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

If you weren't so ignorant and had listened to what she said in her speech, and what the others said about her, from ministers to deans and so on, you would have learnt something.

She was just amazing. I saw the entire ceremony live. Her speech was extremely beautiful and heart-felt. She gave way to tears at the end, she was really overwhelmed. She gave the Doctorate to Rene, for all his hard work over the years. In the press conference she called him her "chef d'orchestre". It was really touching to see the grace, intelligence and serenity of this amazing woman. She handled it better than anyone, she was like a true queen.

She really is what I hope the human race will eventually develop into. During things like this, when you see her, one really gets the impression she's a little step ahead of many of us on the evolution scale, while being so down to earth and simple at the same time.

Michel Jasmin and another guy who was invited in the TV studio to comment said the most wonderful things about her. They both know Celine since the very beginning. I don't remember which one of them it was that said Celine has a much greater talent than anyone knows. So much talent she may never have time to use all of it, but that she's making a lot of plans to develop her other talents, especially acting. They actually said Celine is a great actress, so I guess she must do some private acting for her friends and family once in while, for them to get a sense of how good she is.

Rene said she's always writting songs/poems for people dear to her, to express her love and feelings, but she never wants to write her own songs, even though he wishes she would. Celine said that she can't seem to be able to finish a song, that she's somehow afraid of finishing them. She joked saying that maybe now, that's she's wearing a doctor's robe, she may be able to finally finish a song :laugh:

She talked about Rene-Charles a lot, of course. She said RC doesn't want his teacher to show her the grades book when he has a B or an A - and she once sit him down and told him that it doesn't matter what grade he got, as long as he know he did everything in his power and gave 100%. She said she wishes RC to go as long as possible in school, to go all the way, but that he shouldn't forget to go to the school of life, which is equally important. She said she hopes that her receiving his doctorate will open RC's appetite for school and learning even more and make him understand that he really can do anything he wants in life.

She said that many times fans come to her and start with "I know you heard this a lot of times....", but for her everytime she hears people's compliments, it's always new and touching, every bravo is important and touching for her.

She also kinda dissed her critics, I love it when she does that, because she does it with so much grace and intelligence. Among other things, she said that some people always say "You should have done that, you shouldn't have done that and so on". Sounds familliar?

One really beautiful thing she said at the begining of her speech was something like this: The voice is a God's gift, but it's what you do with it that really matters, how you use it. It's about not being afraid of using ones voice to the full potential (I mean generally, not her singing voice, even though it reffered to that too, it had a double meaning). And she said this is a very big honour for a little girl from Charlemagne. She kind of gave the doctorate to the little girl who had the guts to dream big and act big at just 13 years of age.

And there's a lot more, but it's very late at night for me. I was so proud of her, so thankful I was able to watch all this live. I just wanted to go there and give her a big hug.

If there was ever a moment for all of us here to be proud of her and stop dissing her, this is the time. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but once in a while is best to pay respect to people who truely deserve it and shut up for a change in order to really listen to her, because she does know more than most of us will ever know, even if that's not math or science.

 

Wow! Very well said!

 

There's a lot of people, probably the most in Quebec, who still "hate" Celine. They bash her and everything. I so don't care! She's the best singer in this world, everybody knows that. People has their own opinions, but some are so jealous of that girl. I was listening to some journalists opinions, they were not sure of her sincerity, after all those years! I mean, come on! The girl rocks.

 

Well, I enjoyed reading your post.

"remember the name, because you'll never forget the voice"
Posted
I thought to my self while I was watching it I thought she looked amazing, she looked so proud about getting this huge honor and giving it to Rene I thought now there is a woman that loves her husband allot give that to him. When she was talking about her son and how if he got an A, B- or an F she would love him just the way he is I almost cryed When she said that I thought wow Rene Charles is a very lucky boy to have a mother that loves him that much. :wub: :clap: :cry: :w00t: :msn-wink: :yes:
Posted (edited)

For who wants to see it, there's a special edition about it in about half an hour, on LCN http://www.craftytv.com/tv/watch/channel/LCN.html Thanks the French section for the link. I think it may be a rerun of what they broadcast live, but maybe they'll have some interviews. They just showed one with Rene, during the news. He didn't say much, just that they're extremely proud, Celine, himself, her family etc. Watch the news now to see her.,

An ad for 7 Jours magazine was just one, she's featured in the current number, it's about the red carpet for her first show in Montreal.

Edited by Teodora
Posted

It's so nice, they interviewed Linda and Maman Dion. Linda said that Celine has a mission in life, a mission that was given to her by their parents. Maman Dion was very emotional.

Georges Herbert Germain said that even if Celine has no academical studies, she has always been studying music, cultures, that she always wants to learn more. Georges said he saw her literally studying before going to South Africa, to know about the country, culture, history etc...

Posted
It's so nice, they interviewed Linda and Maman Dion. Linda said that Celine has a mission in life, a mission that was given to her by their parents. Maman Dion was very emotional.

Georges Herbert Germain said that even if Celine has no academical studies, she has always been studying music, cultures, that she always wants to learn more. Georges said he saw her literally studying before going to South Africa, to know about the country, culture, history etc...

 

Hey Teodora it wasn't Linda, it was Claudette (Céline's sister and godmother)...I know there is so many of them... :giggle: It's great that you're translated this for english Céline fan.

 

I just watched the ceremony and especially Céline's speech. It was the most deep, sincere and emotional speech that I have ever heard Céline give. I don't know how to say this in english...Je suis encore toute remuée par cette adresse de Céline. What a beautiful woman inside and out, what a tender and gentle soul...she has so much wisdom and love inside of her and is so generous in sharing her feelings and all...no word really, I'm astounish and so incredibly proud to be her fan! Good for you beautiful Céline and congrat, you deserve everything that is coming to you....and more! :wub: :clap:

Posted
It's so nice, they interviewed Linda and Maman Dion. Linda said that Celine has a mission in life, a mission that was given to her by their parents. Maman Dion was very emotional.

Georges Herbert Germain said that even if Celine has no academical studies, she has always been studying music, cultures, that she always wants to learn more. Georges said he saw her literally studying before going to South Africa, to know about the country, culture, history etc...

 

Hey Teodora it wasn't Linda, it was Claudette (Céline's sister and godmother)...I know there is so many of them... :giggle: It's great that you're translated this for english Céline fan.

 

I just watched the ceremony and especially Céline's speech. It was the most deep, sincere and emotional speech that I have ever heard Céline give. I don't know how to say this in english...Je suis encore toute remuée par cette adresse de Céline. What a beautiful woman inside and out, what a tender and gentle soul...she has so much wisdom and love inside of her and is so generous in sharing her feelings and all...no word really, I'm astounish and so incredibly proud to be her fan! Good for you beautiful Céline and congrat, you deserve everything that is coming to you....and more! :wub: :clap:

You're right, sorry for misinforming everyone :doh: I have to think more before naming her siblings, I have to run each face through my head...But that takes half an hour and I wanted to write about it fast :laugh:

Posted
It's so nice, they interviewed Linda and Maman Dion. Linda said that Celine has a mission in life, a mission that was given to her by their parents. Maman Dion was very emotional.

Georges Herbert Germain said that even if Celine has no academical studies, she has always been studying music, cultures, that she always wants to learn more. Georges said he saw her literally studying before going to South Africa, to know about the country, culture, history etc...

 

Hey Teodora it wasn't Linda, it was Claudette (Céline's sister and godmother)...I know there is so many of them... :giggle: It's great that you're translated this for english Céline fan.

 

I just watched the ceremony and especially Céline's speech. It was the most deep, sincere and emotional speech that I have ever heard Céline give. I don't know how to say this in english...Je suis encore toute remuée par cette adresse de Céline. What a beautiful woman inside and out, what a tender and gentle soul...she has so much wisdom and love inside of her and is so generous in sharing her feelings and all...no word really, I'm astounish and so incredibly proud to be her fan! Good for you beautiful Céline and congrat, you deserve everything that is coming to you....and more! :wub: :clap:

You're right, sorry for misinforming everyone :doh: I have to think more before naming her siblings, I have to run each face through my head...But that takes half an hour and I wanted to write about it fast :laugh:

 

You're funny! :laugh:

As you seem to understand french, and for everyone who do, go the links I've just posted, it's a delight really to listen to Céline's speech. Enjoy Theodora and everyone!! :D :wub:

Posted
I think that this is simply amazing and Celine really deserves it. She's done so much good in this world with her music and her money and her love she has for every human being..she's truly amazing so an honour like this is perfect for Celine.
Posted
She just answered a question in English I thought was nice. She said she didn't get to go to school for as long as she would have liked to but that actually living in the real world is a great teacher but at the same time she is pleased Rene-Charles is enjoying school. She said he brings her his work before any of the teachers can do it and that he is only interested in A grades. He doesn't like B's or A- or anything like that, but Celine told him that even if he brought her a F or a D it wouldn't matter because he is learning and enjoying himself.

 

 

I just watched the interview... Wow! Celine had some wonderful things to say!

Posted
It's so nice, they interviewed Linda and Maman Dion. Linda said that Celine has a mission in life, a mission that was given to her by their parents. Maman Dion was very emotional.

Georges Herbert Germain said that even if Celine has no academical studies, she has always been studying music, cultures, that she always wants to learn more. Georges said he saw her literally studying before going to South Africa, to know about the country, culture, history etc...

 

Hey Teodora it wasn't Linda, it was Claudette (Céline's sister and godmother)...I know there is so many of them... :giggle: It's great that you're translated this for english Céline fan.

 

I just watched the ceremony and especially Céline's speech. It was the most deep, sincere and emotional speech that I have ever heard Céline give. I don't know how to say this in english...Je suis encore toute remuée par cette adresse de Céline. What a beautiful woman inside and out, what a tender and gentle soul...she has so much wisdom and love inside of her and is so generous in sharing her feelings and all...no word really, I'm astounish and so incredibly proud to be her fan! Good for you beautiful Céline and congrat, you deserve everything that is coming to you....and more! :wub: :clap:

You're right, sorry for misinforming everyone :doh: I have to think more before naming her siblings, I have to run each face through my head...But that takes half an hour and I wanted to write about it fast :laugh:

 

You're funny! :laugh:

As you seem to understand french, and for everyone who do, go the links I've just posted, it's a delight really to listen to Céline's speech. Enjoy Theodora and everyone!! :D :wub:

 

 

darm i wish i could understand French, can anyone translate the speech? sorry i know its long, i watched the whole thing and u could she meant every work of it

Posted

she looks so cool with the gown

hahaha

such intelligence is within

 

yay for CELINE

Posted
Did someone record this to put it in HQ on the forum??

Elle est mon idéal, La plus grande étoile

Will be going to Celine may 8 2027

Posted

Some pics:

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080822/capt.c055fa412bc14ec5aebdafdb15bb8ee6.canada_people_celine_dion_xcle102.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080822/i/r4082490054.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080822/i/r1093326813.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080822/i/r3227016991.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080822/i/r3195842576.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080822/capt.7310da8802df4d2da91a078b17d18bc6.canada_people_celine_dion_xcle103.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080822/capt.419bf2a6a9474d959a1143db746a7ea7.canada_people_celine_dion_xcle101.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080821/i/r3668394706.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080821/i/r2243505531.jpg

 

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080822/capt.a0ffacb9888143aca6757680b8c88f3b.canada_people_celine_dion_xcle106.jpg

Posted
Did someone record this to put it in HQ on the forum??

I hope so as well :clap:

http://www.sarahjparker.com/gallery/albums/films/SexandtheCity2/stills/normal_008.jpg

 

The girls are back!!!!

Posted
What she said about her critics? :)

What you say to Taking Chances? - 9/7/2008 - My own Taking chances tour.

 

Celine Je T'aime!!

 

I just want to live while I'm alive - Bon Jovi!!

 

My God, I was settling in for a long winter's nap. I've been nominated, like 789 times, but it hasn't been since the Mesozoic Era that I've actually won - Meryl Streep

Posted
thanks for news and pics and videos

I LOVE CELINE DION FOREVER

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/oneheart07/CELINE%20BANNER/39.jpg

Posted

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080821/i/r2243505531.jpg

 

:hug:

Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link

Click here. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...