corr_azy Posted June 2, 2008 at 01:04 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 01:04 PM I never liked Barnev's voice. Terry Bradford had a better voice than him. Anyone knows what happened to him? i beg to disagree. i never liked Terry Bradford's voice. their live version of Beauty and the Beast in Memphis is a mess. he ruined the song. I agree. Beauty and the Beast was a mess. I think Barnev did a much better job than R Kelly on I'm Your Angel. Quote
CelineFanInSoCal Posted June 2, 2008 at 07:53 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 07:53 PM So it's a Terry vs. Barnev discussion now? LOL Just kidding. But here's some stuff that I found on youtube.com, just for comparison, and maybe to show some stuff that other folks haven't seen. to all my fellow forum members. Here's some link to youtube to see some performance of Barnev: Au coeur du stade: I simply cannot stand this performance of his, though Celine's parts are nice, I still skip over it almost every time. His vocals at 5:05, in my opinion, are why I skip the song and labeled his voice whimpy and unsoulful, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmw6XRfOpBs Taking Chances, Live in Sydney: This is a better performance of the song, though after watching it, I cannot figure out why the song is even in the setlist. Taking Chances, Live in Birmingham: Seems to be similar to the Sydney performance, with no stand-out vocals, but both from the Taking Chances have been an improvement from the Au Coeur du Stade performance. [bTW, has anyone notices that in the two clips from the Taking Chances Tour that Celine has missed the lyrics near the end, when sining "And when it seems as if your end is drawing near...", Then Barnev sings "...end is drawing near..."; Celine appears to be singing "And when it seems as if your ARMS are drawing near..." or something like that? LOL Simply precious. Maybe another reason to take the song out? It's just fluff and filler to me. gggrrr. LOL] And here's some stuff with Terry: Live a Paris, Priere Paienne: Go to 2:50 where Terry sings the saxophone part. Not too shabby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Fv1mXzBf0 Live in Memphis, Le Ballet: Go to 6:40 where Celine introduces "the beautiful voices". That whole performance was kinda cool though, how Celine goes a little nuts after the 6:00 mark or so. LOL Live in chicago, Love Can Move Mountain: Go to 4:30 and watch to the end. I could never imagine Barnev up on stage, singing out and not acting shy like he seems to about being center stage. Terry really worked it out on this one. The video quality isn't that great, but the audio is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-1I495ToI Live in Memphis, Beauty and the Beast: More vocally dynamic than when Barnev sings I'm Your Angel, in my opinion. But this performance in a whole is kinda cheesy, but it worked back then. Just not musically relevant now, as a live performance. And let's not forget about this fella...Gregory Charles: He did a pretty good job, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL07nE3035Y...feature=related At the end of the day, they're all backup singners, doing their thing. They do it well, otherwise they wouldn't have a job. LOL But we can all agree that most folks are backup singers and may not necessarily have the voice to be a solo artist, but they're doing what they love: singing. That's why they're singing backup. Applause to them all... :clap: Quote
tonybower Posted June 2, 2008 at 08:04 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 08:04 PM Thanks for the links! God, I'd forgotten about Gregory Charles! I didn't even know his name! Where did he come from and what happened? For me Terry's solos on Prierre Paienne and Le Ballet automatically put him above Barnev. He seemed to struggle with Beauty and the Beast bu that might have something to do with style and register. At the risk of turning this into a Barnev bashing thread, I even think Marc Langis is more credible in his duets with Celine. I mean, he is really rather good performing J'irais ou tu iras and seems much more at ease than Barnev. But again, that could be more to do with Barnev's confidece problems... He just doesn't seem comfortable on the stage! Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
fred Posted June 2, 2008 at 09:37 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 09:37 PM I wanna do a list like Roberry82 too! 1. Never liked Terry Bradford, it was more than annoying seeing him tryin to steal the show all the time, can't believe Céline did stand this guy who constantly was tryin do a diva battle with her behind her back.2. Never liked Barney, vocally I actually prefer Terry Bradford. Barney's voice has a "leaking" sound to it, and it sounds as if he struggles so much that you get exhausted just listening to him.3. I so hope I'm Your Angel gets out of the tour set list ASAP, mainly because of Barney, he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can lift it up. I'd so preffer her to do a solo version instead.4. Why does he have a mini concert? People didn't pay that much to get screwed on fill up like that. I who thought even the "you better say yeah!" parts he used to pull off was way to much and just wanted everybody to scream NO!!5. Pew, I got it out of my system, and now feel rather guilty and mean but I wasn't the first to bash him, besides he DOES take up too much space (an no I am not being that low now, I talk about a different kind of space), if he was kept back there with the girls it would be fine, but he gets more and more space, soon it's gonna be Céline who has a mini concert in the middle of a Barney Walsaint show. /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
celinevegas Posted June 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 10:14 PM I like very much Barnev he has an enormous voice then makes a chorus-singer completed for Céline for some years maintaining I do not forget the small Gregory Charles I love.. Quote "2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France 5 July 2008 Nice France 16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA 9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA 15 Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258171336241.jpg
tonybower Posted June 2, 2008 at 10:35 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 10:35 PM I wanna do a list like Roberry82 too! 1. Never liked Terry Bradford, it was more than annoying seeing him tryin to steal the show all the time, can't believe Céline did stand this guy who constantly was tryin do a diva battle with her behind her back.2. Never liked Barney, vocally I actually prefer Terry Bradford. Barney's voice has a "leaking" sound to it, and it sounds as if he struggles so much that you get exhausted just listening to him.3. I so hope I'm Your Angel gets out of the tour set list ASAP, mainly because of Barney, he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can lift it up. I'd so preffer her to do a solo version instead.4. Why does he have a mini concert? People didn't pay that much to get screwed on fill up like that. I who thought even the "you better say yeah!" parts he used to pull off was way to much and just wanted everybody to scream NO!!5. Pew, I got it out of my system, and now feel rather guilty and mean but I wasn't the first to bash him, besides he DOES take up too much space (an no I am not being that low now, I talk about a different kind of space), if he was kept back there with the girls it would be fine, but he gets more and more space, soon it's gonna be Céline who has a mini concert in the middle of a Barney Walsaint show. /fred Barney! I love the way you call it a mini-concert! It's true... whoever thought that one up is clearly a mole who infiltrated Celine's camp and wants to damage her tour in some way... His voice isn't up to it and he isn't charming enough to keep the crowd entertained. Having read this thread I do actually feel very bad... clearly Barnev supporters are not being quite as vocal in their support and that makes me feel guilty... But I'm really not his biggest fan. Every time I hear his mini-solo in Love Can Move Mountains at Au Coeur Du Stade or the Millenium Concert a part of me dies inside! That sounds harsh, but I just can't bear it! And really, the flat hat should go! Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
Nmj Posted June 2, 2008 at 11:13 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 11:13 PM I Think he has a great voice-Nmj Quote
Black Kitten Posted June 2, 2008 at 11:18 PM Posted June 2, 2008 at 11:18 PM (edited) what's the name of his male back-up singer in AND dvd? i think his voice is a lot better than Barnev's and Terry's. his adlibs in LCMM amazed me. Edited June 2, 2008 at 11:19 PM by dhena Quote
CelineFanInSoCal Posted June 3, 2008 at 02:25 AM Posted June 3, 2008 at 02:25 AM what's the name of his male back-up singer in AND dvd? i think his voice is a lot better than Barnev's and Terry's. his adlibs in LCMM amazed me. Um, hello... That's Barnev. Quote
CelineFanInSoCal Posted June 3, 2008 at 02:27 AM Posted June 3, 2008 at 02:27 AM I wanna do a list like Roberry82 too! 1. Never liked Terry Bradford, it was more than annoying seeing him tryin to steal the show all the time, can't believe Céline did stand this guy who constantly was tryin do a diva battle with her behind her back.2. Never liked Barney, vocally I actually prefer Terry Bradford. Barney's voice has a "leaking" sound to it, and it sounds as if he struggles so much that you get exhausted just listening to him.3. I so hope I'm Your Angel gets out of the tour set list ASAP, mainly because of Barney, he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can lift it up. I'd so preffer her to do a solo version instead.4. Why does he have a mini concert? People didn't pay that much to get screwed on fill up like that. I who thought even the "you better say yeah!" parts he used to pull off was way to much and just wanted everybody to scream NO!!5. Pew, I got it out of my system, and now feel rather guilty and mean but I wasn't the first to bash him, besides he DOES take up too much space (an no I am not being that low now, I talk about a different kind of space), if he was kept back there with the girls it would be fine, but he gets more and more space, soon it's gonna be Céline who has a mini concert in the middle of a Barney Walsaint show. /fred You have now officially become my new best friend. LOL Quote
Black Kitten Posted June 3, 2008 at 03:14 AM Posted June 3, 2008 at 03:14 AM what's the name of his male back-up singer in AND dvd? i think his voice is a lot better than Barnev's and Terry's. his adlibs in LCMM amazed me. Um, hello... That's Barnev.waaahhhh im soooo stupid. i thought you are all talking about her previous male back ups. next time, i will read what the topic is all about. stupid me. sorry, Quote
CellyDee87 Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:12 AM Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:12 AM I think Barnev is fabulous and I'm You're Angel is better with him than R. Kelly Quote
scorp82 Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:13 AM Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:13 AM LOL! I am not too crazy about Barnev either! Honestly, I really don't understand why he has to have a "mini-concert" either! LOL! Quote
fred Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:59 PM Posted June 3, 2008 at 04:59 PM 3. I so hope I'm Your Angel gets out of the tour set list ASAP, mainly because of Barney, he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can lift it up. I'd so preffer her to do a solo version instead.Oops I meant can't: he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can't lift it up. And oops again, who would had known it was Barnev instead of Barney - not me! /fred Quote Peace and love to all.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted June 3, 2008 at 05:23 PM Posted June 3, 2008 at 05:23 PM Terry Bradford not only has an irritating voice...but he's scary to look at..he's all mouth..gah!!...Barnev..eh, he's a back up singer...i hate when he does solo things and adlibs..he sounds like he has empyzema. And as for singing better on I'm Your Angel than R.Kelly?? NO WAY..that man has SOUL to his voice. He sings the hell out of that song with Celine. I wish we could have seen a live performance of Celine singing IYA with R.Kelly. That would have been PHENOMENAL. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
tonybower Posted June 3, 2008 at 05:31 PM Posted June 3, 2008 at 05:31 PM 3. I so hope I'm Your Angel gets out of the tour set list ASAP, mainly because of Barney, he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can lift it up. I'd so preffer her to do a solo version instead.Oops I meant can't: he draggs down this song to a level from which even the great Céline herself can't lift it up. And oops again, who would had known it was Barnev instead of Barney - not me! /fred I won't ask where the confusion comes from... Terry Bradford not only has an irritating voice...but he's scary to look at..he's all mouth..gah!!...Barnev..eh, he's a back up singer...i hate when he does solo things and adlibs..he sounds like he has empyzema. And as for singing better on I'm Your Angel than R.Kelly?? NO WAY..that man has SOUL to his voice. He sings the hell out of that song with Celine. I wish we could have seen a live performance of Celine singing IYA with R.Kelly. That would have been PHENOMENAL. Seriously! I need to stop posting in this thread. Anybody would think I had something against Barnev. I feel terrible... He's not so bad... Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
beautyroses Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM I like barnav but I coudn't stnd terry at all not his voice nor his face.barnav is far more nicer,his voice is not that great Quote http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpgAngel of My World[/i]
beautyroses Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:46 AM Posted June 4, 2008 at 11:46 AM Terry Bradford not only has an irritating voice...but he's scary to look at..he's all mouth..gah!!...Barnev..eh, he's a back up singer...i hate when he does solo things and adlibs..he sounds like he has empyzema. And as for singing better on I'm Your Angel than R.Kelly?? NO WAY..that man has SOUL to his voice. He sings the hell out of that song with Celine. I wish we could have seen a live performance of Celine singing IYA with R.Kelly. That would have been PHENOMENAL.your post made me laugh Quote http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/Venus_1982/new1.jpgAngel of My World[/i]
Black Kitten Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM but i wish he doesn't sweat more than celine LOL Quote
BrigitteIsabella Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:44 PM Posted June 4, 2008 at 12:44 PM Poor Barnev, he gets bashed a lot, I don't really see the big problem. I only heard him 2 days ago but it wasn't that bad.. Poor Barney hahaha Quote http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5526/tctoursiggy1biggerqi3.jpgNikosn17
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.